[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone doing online dating? How many messages do you have to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: GqSweTW.jpg (210KB, 1049x1076px) Image search: [Google]
GqSweTW.jpg
210KB, 1049x1076px
Anyone doing online dating?

How many messages do you have to send to get a reply?

Thinking about subjecting myself to some more abuse.
>>
>>36095696
I don't really send messages to be honest. I just have a few pics of myself at the beach and a couple in the gym and girls message me. Then again I only use Tinder and not the other online things.
>>
>>36095696
You'll only get replies from ugly girls who have nothing to lose. Even those girls ignore most senders.

You literally have to be Chad Thundercock to get a reply from the majority of girls.

I don't do online dating. Most of the girls are on the sight because they have huge IRL issue, completely their fault, that keep them from getting guys.
>>
>>36095696
I spend a bunch of time on Tinder and OK Cupid, only got one date out of the whole thing and she was a nutter. Total waste of time when you figure the effort vs the results. I'd put it in the same category as gambling- it might payoff, but for 90% of us it's just wasting resources.
>>
>>36095782
>for 90% of us it's just wasting resources.

Probably. That was my experience last time as well. But what else can we do?

I'm too ugly and old for bars and clubs. Plus that's an even bigger time/energy investment. I'm not in university that I can "pick up a girl from class".

This shit is all there is.
>>
>>36095835
I'm 33 and a 4/10, I have no answers for you.
>>
>>36095860

lol. I'm a 34 year old 3-4/10. I have no answers for me either.

One perspective is to treat it like work and just spam like hell. If I message 300-500 girls I'm sure one decent one might go out with me. In principle.

Is it degrading to do that? Absolutely. But again, what other game is there.

I don't know.
>>
>>36095897
I'm starting to think of it in terms of dominance hierarchies, Jordan Peterson style. We are low on the looks hierarchy, and can't climb much higher than we are, so online dating (where looks are everything) is not a good strategy.

Where are you higher in a hierarchy, or at least have potential to be higher? I'm a decent guitar player, dancer, and pretty /fit/, so I'm thinking I should focus more on those areas. Join groups/bands/sports teams/etc. where I won't be a bottom feeder, at least not forever.

That's my only revelation on this stuff, it's just an idea. I haven't had a gf since highschool so it's all just theoretical.
>>
>>36095696
t-this girl looks really young, a-are you sure this is ok?
>>
>>36096173

Yeah but man we're both past the boat on all that shit.

If you're a dancer and /fit/ you could go to bars/clubs/raves and just dance a lot and see if any girls smile or move closer to you.

Otherwise being ugly is a disability everywhere. At least online allows you the opportunity to cast a wide net with minimal unpleasantness. You just mostly get ignored. So be it.
>>
>>36096205

She looks like a generic titty coffee girl, pretty sure you have to be at least 18 to have that job.
>>
This is weird. What happened? /r9k/ used to have POF/OKC threads practically every day now no one talks about online anymore.

Has everyone given up completely?
>>
>>36096418

Online dating is the worst bruv, especially if you're a dude with more than a passing familiarity with this place.
>>
>>36096418
After never getting a response on dating sites and only matching with bots on tinder I would say yes I've given up
>>
File: 1488390577224.jpg (150KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488390577224.jpg
150KB, 720x720px
>>36096205

Here you go.

fdsjfioaj
>>
File: online_dating.jpg (38KB, 798x514px) Image search: [Google]
online_dating.jpg
38KB, 798x514px
>>36096418

Online dating is fucking horrible for men. Every site is overflowing with fat chicks and single moms. Every woman gets a billion messages and they get inflated egos and become even pickier and more entitled than they usually are. You have no chance in hell with any woman you would actually want to date.
>>
>>36096298
Ballroom dance, not club dance.

I agree that being ugly is a handicap, but that doesn't stop ugly actors, musicians, CEOs, athletes, etc. from slaying. I think my lack of success with women is due to my lack of success in life. Women let us all compete in numerous dominance pyramids and then select from the top, and since I'm at the bottom of my hierarchies it's no wonder I'm not an attractive prospect.
>>
>>36095696
Why is this girl popular all of the sudden? I see her posted everywhere.
>>
>>36096800

I don't know about anyone else but I don't keep a lot of files anymore. When I first got on 4chan 8 years ago I saved everything and I had gigs of random hot JB/teen girls.

Now I have maybe 30 on this computer and I just rotate through them when I make threads.

Too lazy to go back through my files to find some good content that hasn't been seen in a while.
>>
File: 883_1000[1].jpg (144KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
883_1000[1].jpg
144KB, 640x640px
>>36096391
>titty coffee girl

What the fuck is this a thing?

I just found all these pictures of her.

Are there jobs where this is a thing?
>>
>>36096987

Yeah, I live in western Washington and there's quite a few coffee stands around that have girls in stripper gear you can half gawk at while they make your drink. Not something I do since it'd probably just make me feel more pathetic though. Not as many as there were about a decade ago either, bottom kind of fell out of the market once the novelty wore off and it seems like the good looking girls are getting swept up to work the weed stores now.
>>
File: 873_1000[1].jpg (225KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
873_1000[1].jpg
225KB, 960x960px
>>36096987

Someone explain this.

Plox.
>>
File: 862_1000[1].jpg (174KB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
862_1000[1].jpg
174KB, 685x960px
>>36097158

What in the name of hell. I'm in Toronto and I've never seen or heard of anything like this. I got a Starbucks around the corner and that's about it.
>>
do these girls make good tips? just seems like, you might as well go somewhere and make mad tips if your going to show off your body, rather than make coffee
>>
File: 864_1000[1].jpg (274KB, 960x931px) Image search: [Google]
864_1000[1].jpg
274KB, 960x931px
There's literally like a hundred of these
>>
>>36097195

Yeah as far as I'm aware a lot of places have laws against it, but that never happened here. I was still a teenager when they first started showing up so I probably don't have the story straight, but this might have just been one of the first places it was tried and others made it illegal as a result.

>>36097223

Yeah that's the idea. Basically a drive through stripper, prettier/younger girls tend to gravitate towards it since they don't have to touch anyone also.
>>
>>36097158
>western Washington

Looks like it's a regional phenomenon.

Weird something like this would just sprout up in one place and nowhere else.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bikini-barista-coffee-shops-2014-9
>>
>>36095696
Getting a reply from a half-decent girl on online dating websites is about as tough as it is picking out the winning lottery numbers for a mega millions jackpot.

Online dating may work if you'd consider hamplanets or single mothers, though.
>>
>>36096987

Its a thing marked up coffee and big tippers because they think that will make the girl like them
>>
>>36097347
>Getting a reply from a half-decent girl on online dating websites is about as tough as it is picking out the winning lottery numbers for a mega millions jackpot.

Well glad to know I'm not the only one.
>>
>>36095696
maybe you are better looking than you think?
if you are a weirdo, well there are weirdo girls out there too awkward for anything but internet dating too.
sometimes all you need to be is in the right place at the right time. (dont get catfished tho)
>>
>>36099597
>maybe you are better looking than you think?

Naa I'm pretty ugly. I've already tried online dating before. I'm just thinking of trying AGAIN.
>>
>>36095696
>be me, 5'9", 260lb, 3/10 blue collar failed normie
>send out 20-30 "hi, care to chat sometime?"messages on POF
>try to personalize each one by mentioning something from her profile
>literally one girl responds
>I try to start a conversation and get nothing but one word replies with no capitalization or punctuation
>start to wonder if she is legit retarded
>>
>>36097268
Any nudes of her? Originally
>>
>>36099839
>>send out 20-30 "hi, care to chat sometime?"messages on POF
>>try to personalize each one by mentioning something from her profile
>>literally one girl responds
>>I try to start a conversation and get nothing but one word replies with no capitalization or punctuation

That sounds like my experience last time. That's why I gave up.

I couldn't push myself to do it past about 30 messages. It felt degrading after a while. Like I was worthless. Not even worth acknowledging.
>>
>>36095696
and when the girl gets raped they blame the guy

>blame the parents
>>
>>36097302

It's illegal in California, probably think it's a sex shop
>>
>>36101551
dont spout nonsense, you probably live under a rock, there is tons of vietnamese cafes in Cali with scantly clad women serving
>>
>>36101595
Yeah that looks gross.dont want aliens handling my food while wearing a two-piece
>>
>>36101650
who the fuck said anything about it being gross or not gross you autistic dork, there isnt even an image for you to judge you fuckin waste of cum
>>
>>36101716
>dork

How old are you? WTF calls others a dork
>>
>>36101786
>How old are you? WTF calls others a dork
>WTF
"WTF" means What the Fuck you, you incoherent dork
>>
>>36097223
You make good tips plus you wouldn't have to put up with the treatment that happens at an actual strip club. It's Hooters, but with coffee.
>>
>>36095696
Damn, she is so sexy
>>
>>36099839
Have you thought about losing weight? You're very obese. It would go a long way towards improving your looks. Try the PSMF diet.
>>
>>36101948
260 is pretty heavy.
>>
>>36101972
It's a 38.4 BMI. That's just under morbid obesity.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.