[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

think i have celliac's disease, can't afford the diagnosis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: images.png (4KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 242x208px
>tfw i have type 1 diabetes, work at walmart full time, and literally all my paychecks go to buying $400 of insulin a month and paying bills for my shitty ass fucking little apartment. dont even have a car.
>tfw feel fucking tired as shit, cant think straight, keep getting numb emotional states, fucking sleeping 11 hours a night, and i have chronic constipation which occasionally turns into weird pencil thin stools, other times its bile coated pale foul smelling stool, along with anal leakage and abdominal discomfort/gas after eating
>all of these symptoms line up with celliac's disease, and since i have another auto immuno disorder(type 1 diabetes), i am at a wayyyy higher chance of having it, and my diet consists entirely of gluten foods
>have no fucking insurance
>i can't fucking afford to get the blood work done or the biopsy to get a diagnosis, and i dont make enough money to switch over to the fucking gluten free shit which would be 25% more money to buy groceries
>the gluten test strip thing is $175 fucking dollars not including shipping and handling for a single god damned strip
>the blood tests are about $200-$300
>the gut biopsy is 2 THOUSAND TO 3 THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS
>the endoscopy is a thousand or so dollars as well
>i just want to fucking feel better
I genuinely don't know what the fuck I can do anymore. I'm so fucking afraid and scared and tired of feeling like this.

It CAN'T be a mental issue. I am already taking bipolar medications and anti depressants and I have been feeling fine up until a few months ago. My glucose is perfect and fine. Great numbers all around. I eat very light carb meals, since that's all I can afford, but they have gluten in them.

I can't afford all these damn tests. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>36092127
things I have tried:
>taking more zinc(i started taking a zinc supplement last month)
>taking more iron, and drinking more water(I already drank water alot before, now I drink it like a horse, and I take iron pills)
>exercising(I have a bike, so I try to bike as hard as I can every day for extended periods of time after work. been doing that for about a year actually. I still feel like shit.)

typically, my meals look like this:
>wake up, eat some waffles with sugar free syrup, drink some milk
>about 50 carbs right there - take my insulin, 3 units, since for every 15 carbs i take 1 unit
>for lunch, I eat a sandwich from the deli, about 30 carbs there, take 2 units
>for dinner, i usually just eat some pasta or chicken
>even with this i still dont even have much money left over since my insulin is fucking $400 a month
god damn it. why did i have to be cursed by my fucking genes?
>>
File: u_wot_m8.png (25KB, 445x638px) Image search: [Google]
u_wot_m8.png
25KB, 445x638px
>afford diagnosis
>diagnosis
>afford
>paying for a diagnosis
>>
>>36092161
i know.
i hate this fucking country so much. i hate that we are living in a fucking country where everyone can easily eat and shit and medical equipment exists but for some reason it costs fucking money to USE the medical equipment. i understand capitalism and economics, i read thomas sowell and shit when i have time, but god damn it, why? why do people have to suffer like this?
>>
>>36092188
like seriously... why the fuck does it have to cost $200 to just get some fucking blood from my arm, run it into a fucking machine or do whatever the fuck it is they do, and then tell me what the fuck is wrong with me? how the fuck could that amount of effort possibly warrant that price?
>>
>>36092127
Are you aware there are foods that naturally lack gluten, but can't be called gluten-free since they may have tiny traces by contamination? Move to those, they are all cheap.

Oats for breakfast, supper and snacks.
Rice replaces pasta.

Also move the fuck out of americlapistan to a country with decent healthcare, holy shit.
>>
how could you not have insurance?i live in fucking middle east and insurance is about 10$/month for me
>>
>>36092157
You see, the problem is that nature wants you to die. Your genes are not working right, meaning that you are in the process of natural selection. It is trying to kill you off so you don't spread your bad genes. When you die and the rest of your kind do, your disease will be gone because there will be no one to breed and give it to their kids. I'm sorry, but you really should die. Die so the future generations won't suffer.
>>
>>36092213
i guess i could try this. i hope i dont accidentally eat something with gluten in it though. it takes 3 months on a gluten free diet for your body to heal from the damage celliacs did the to the gut, and then you feel 100% better i hear.

>>36092220
because land of the free. i guess that means im free to fucking go die in the street because i have to work at walmart because "m-muh free markets"

im so sick of this. everyone i fucking talk to always tries to say its my fault i work at walmart.
>pass high school, drunkard father beats my mother every day
>have to get the fuck out of there or im going to kill myself
>get really ill a month after finishing school, mother takes me to doc, i have type 1 diabetes
>a month after that, father beats the shit out of me, and i get a job at walmart full time and fucking jump ship, being homeless for a month until i can afford getting an apartment
>been this way ever since
how the fuck is any of this shit my fault!? i didnt fucking want this. i didnt fucking want any of this. i wanted to go be a god damned programmer and novelist. now im fucking stuck. and im sick and cant afford a doctor. this country is a fucking cruel joke.

even now, i feel fucking hollow as shit and weak. i cant barely think straight, and even though i just ate, i feel like my stomach is hollow as well. my glucose is perfectly normal though.

>>36092287
im already not fucking going to spread my genes. i dont want a fucking girlfriend or a wife or to fuck anyone. i just want to fucking feel ok and be left alone and not get beat by a drunk father. why cant i just have that?
>>
>>36092207
move to a first world country, the test here wouldn't cost more than 50 euros. Blood analysis is not conclusive, you have to confirm with a biopsy but it would be a start.
however since you're saying you can't afford to change your food it's useless.
>>
Medicaid! lost job qualified for Medicaid. Free dental, free check ups, free mental health and free anxiety and depression drugs. I can now see why nogs never get off of welfare.
>>
>>36092207
Because keeping diseased people takes work. A lot of work. Someone had to spend years to research a way to tell what is wrong with you Someone had to design the machine so it could exist. Someone had to find the materials for the machine. Someone had to build it. And lastly, someone had to write down, regulate, and check all the steps of the process. Now, this effort must be rewarded. Since you eat up their energy and materials, it is your job to pay. You must work the work of the dozens of people who worked made your treatment available. The nation you live in isn't responsible for your costs, life is and by that extension you are.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 235x215px
>>36092287
>Everyone who has a shit hand in life is just genetically inferior to my Aryan genes and should just be left to die in the street like an animal.
Do you not fucking realize how edgy and pretentious you fucking sound? Jesus Christ. Get the fuck out of here. I hope you get a fucking disease one day and get told this shit and see how you fucking feel.

Are you on the same wave length as fucking Shadman? Do you go around saying
>if I broke my arm, I would just let myself die from it and not go to the doctor because that's natural selection.

Which by the way, COMPLETELY goes against what Natural Selection is. Maybe go fucking read up on the theory of evolution instead of being a YouTube Atheist-tier edgelord.
>>
>>36092127
medfag here.you didn't mention blood in stool or ulcers in anal or mouth.what you described about anal leakage and smelly stool and bile colored stool mostly point to diabetic gastroparesia and constipation(yes constipation can cause anal leakage and its pretty common)
>>
stop eating gluten and see if you feel better. And the blood test isn't so accurate. Get Medicaid if you're working and poor.
>>
>>36092402
>blood in stool or ulcers in anal or mouth
That's what I have. My GP said it might be Celiac but it turns out I have ulcerative colitis
>>
>>36092127
In all seriousness, you should probably just kill yourself. Even one chronic, incurable illness is enough to ruin your life, no one would blame you if you sidestepped the misery of continuing to live.
>>
>>36092402
i actually do have ulcers in my mouth. i get recurring chancre sores here and there, i have two now actually, and one of them is sometimes in the same spot as the last.

a month ago, i had bright red blood in my stool and it hurt to wipe, but that was because i probably just wiped it too much with the fucking poorfag walmart toilet paper due to the leakage. i have to fucking wipe so many times to get clean its unreal.

but diabetic gastroparesia and constipation. ive never heard of this. could that be what is causing my other symptoms?

>>36092382
thanks anon
>>
>>36092127
Last i checked i was close to pre-diabetes but i have gut issues like yours. Either constipation with small or no stools or most of the time yellowish diarrhea and pain in the gut after shitting. I had a an ultrasound done and doc didn't find anything, told me i could get a colonoscopy but i am afraid since a lot of people die from it.
>>
>>36092480
believe it or not, i still don't want to fucking die.

despite having a shitty job,
despite having little to no friends,
despite having too shitty of a computer to play a game to meet friends,
and despite not having family or a car or a gf,

i still enjoy the little things in life enough to keep wanting to experience more. i try as hard as i can to not think of the past or future and to just enjoy my present moment and enjoy the air i breath and shit. i subscribe to the whole zazen shit kind of. i also enjoy reading my stories and watching movies.

i have hope that eventually, i'll get promoted in this shit hole and i'll start making better money, and then i can get a car and actually start doing things again besides work, go home, try to enjoy some peace for a bit and try to ignore my feeling sick and shitty issues, and then sleep and repeat.

ive resisted the temptation a lot in the past to kill myself under my bad family issues, and i never thought id make it through those dark ass days but i made it, and i'll make it again.
>whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger.
if i can not die from a diabetic coma, survive living off fucking scraps, and go through hell in my childhood, then fucking god, i can live through a shitty job and some health problems.

do you hear that, you fucking faggot? >>36092287
im probably stronger than you and your fucking "working genes" ever will be. i'll never fucking give up. go rot in hell.
>>
>>36092127
Why can't you get medicare?
>>
>>36092127
plenty of gluten free food anon that isn't more expensive because it's always been gluten free
>>
>>36092585
>>36092363
i've heard of it. not sure where to start with it.
i've also heard of cases where doctors don't want to do certain tests(eg, expensive ass tests... like the celliac ones)because of insurance not paying for it or because they want to keep costs down.
>>
You can usually get some sort of poor people health coverage even if you're working full time, if you fall below a certain income margin.

In my state the income requirement is 16k/year or below and you get most of your health shit covered if you apply and do some paperwork. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>36092619
Whatever state you leave in type it and Medicaid, not Medicare, (that is for old people).
Make sure it is a .gov site
Feel out the online forms
they will send a Medicaid card in about a week
call any doctor or med_center that you want to go and ask "do you accept Medicaid"
don't stop until you find one that does
>>
>>36092619

Normally you start with your social security branch office and they'll give you details and send you paperwork to begin the process. Might take awhile depending on where you are, they can be quite backed up, but I got approved immediately because I too am type 1 and poor as shit even when I was working full time.
>>
>>36092494
medfag again
ok now you may have celiac but we can't role out crohn's disease because of oral ulcer.but they could be just aphtous.all and all you need a colonoscopy.
=========
constipation can make a fecal mass in your rectum and block your intestine.so instead of holding more fecal,your intestine continiously tries to push that fecal mass out.so new digested food doesn't have time to become solid and keeps leaking around the fecal mass in form of liquid
=======
>>
File: colon-diagram.jpg (40KB, 395x320px) Image search: [Google]
colon-diagram.jpg
40KB, 395x320px
>>36092720
>>36092753
alright, i'll try. thank you anons. great help.

>>36092756
interesting.
you know what, actually, i've noticed that there is a constant factor in the pain i have during constipation/abdominal pain episodes, and that is its almost always in the same exact spot.

pic related, it's almost always around that area. left bowel. could it be cancer? that's my number 1 fucking fear. bowel cancer.
>>
>>36092287
lol.
I really wish faggots who say this shit would actually go out in public and say it to someone's face and then see their reaction when they get the shit knocked out of them.
>>
>>36092756
Hey i am >>36092563
Do you think i might have this problem or something else? I used to have constipation for a long time and then many months of diarrhea, i would shit in the morning and when i leave i need to shit again, wtf
>>36092921
I have felt passing gas and pain in that spot as well
>>
>>36092127
just buy a cheap gun and kill yourself
>>
>>36093375
ooo, 2edgy4me
>>
>>36092921

No problem anon, being poor or in poor health sucks, being both at once is hell.
>>
Just fuckin stop eating wheat flour drinking beer and maltodextrin and youll be gof
>>
>>36094390
Gmo corn syrup is shit too because they used genes from wheat plants they may cause some problems.
All choclate below 70% is shit too
And dont eat chips the oil they use to boil them is most likely tainted aswell
>>
>>36094445
At mcdonalds they have glutenfree buns, dont be tricked some of their condements has gluten in them but the ketcup mayo ncfeast sauce and mustard is good so eat a cheeseburger,
>>
>>36094498
Dont eat their fries niggers been made in the same oil as chickennuggets that shit tainted too

It costs more to label food glutenfree so some products may be glutenfree even tho not marketed as such
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.