[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for first time drinker?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

Going to a go away party for my manager tonight and I want to drink. Since my manager is a black I assume there is going to be Hennessy. How much should I drink and some general advice so I don't embarrass myself
>>
File: DSC_0127.jpg (164KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0127.jpg
164KB, 864x576px
>>36092082
don't drink much or you'll make a fool of yourself. i've done that one too many times. pic related
>>
File: zoom.jpg (154KB, 740x2164px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.jpg
154KB, 740x2164px
>>36092082
Avoid booze, if you drink it, REALLY limit the amount you drink, because if you don't, you'll drink too much and it'll hit you all of a sudden and you'll end up vomiting on your shirt. I wouldn't go above 0.3l of 40 proof on your first time, for the entire night. Just enjoy the slight buzz and stop when you still want to drink more. Trust me.
Drink beer, it's really hard to get wasted on ordinary strength beer, considering you have to drink litres of it.

Drinking pic related right now.
>>
>Since my manager is a black I assume there is going to be Hennessy.

That's kind of racist bro.

>How much should I drink

No more than 3 beers/glasses of wine over the course of the evening, or maybe 4-5 ounces of liquor. This is the most. Less is fine.

Don't drink them all at once. Don't drink on an empty stomach.

If you've never tasted alcohol before, you may or may not hate it. The experience of drinking alcohol is determined partly by genetics. Some people have a natural aversion to alcohol--to them it tastes very bad. Other people like it immediately--to them it tastes good. Some people dislike it at first, but grow to like it. Others like it TOO much and can't stop drinking (these are generally people with long histories of heavy drinking that has become an addiction). It all depends.

Hard liquor can be drunk neat, but you might not like this. In which case you can mix it with something like Diet Coke. You might enjoy that flavor a lot, even more than regular Diet Coke. Assuming you like Diet Coke to begin with.

>and some general advice so I don't embarrass myself

Don't drink more than I said. Otherwise you might get too drunk and say something stupid or act weird and uncool.

Anyway pretending your boss DOES have Hennessey, or some other type of brandy, that actually mixes much better with coffee than soda pop. That's assuming you like the taste of coffee to begin with.
>>
Just go slow. Don't try to impress. You'll look way more retard throwing up/passed out than you would saying no to another shot.
>>
>>36092203

>I wouldn't go above 0.3l of 40 proof on your first time

That's like seven shots, dude. Considering OP has never consumed alcohol before, he probably can't handle that.
>>
>>36092082
Syakr two shots olimmediately then one per hour
>>
>>36092082
Drink two cups of water for every drink you have.
>>
one slow glass of water for every drink my man

I know it's faggy but it will work for a first timer
>>
>>36092241
>That's like seven shots, dude
Yes? It's not much, spread over an entire evening and late into the night. Maybe if he rams it down his throat, but sipping calmly he can handle it.
>Considering OP has never consumed alcohol before, he probably can't handle that.
Well, I suppose, if he's American. I've heard burgers get wasted on a sixpack of Bud light.
>>
File: 1462273891649.png (818KB, 701x701px) Image search: [Google]
1462273891649.png
818KB, 701x701px
>>36092082
how do you get past the taste
ive had beer before and it was mildy unpleasant, stronger stuff literally makes me wanna hurl
how can you get yourself to drink this shite?
>>
>>36092082
You have to be a moron to make a fool out of yourself from drinking... when you start feeling buzzed just remind yourself not to start sperging out and you should be Gucci, get relatively fucked up, and than stop taking shots
>>
>>36092323
fake it till you make it. I hated beer at first too but now at 26 it's by far my favourite tasting drink. It also helps that it gives you a bit of a buzz to quiet down the crippling anxiety
>>
>>36092313

>Yes? It's not much, spread over an entire evening and late into the night. Maybe if he rams it down his throat, but sipping calmly he can handle it.

If he drinks like one shot an hour over the course of seven hours, or something along those lines, maybe. But I doubt this is going to be a seven hour party. And that is still a great deal of alcohol.

>Well, I suppose, if he's American. I've heard burgers get wasted on a sixpack of Bud light.

Bud light isn't that weak in terms of alcohol content. It's something like 4.2% abv, right about the same as typical stout.
>>
>>36092082
Drink as much as you can, as fast as you can.
This will impress the normans, as they will view you as an alpha male, able to drink large quantities like a real man and able to liven up the party.
>>
>>36092082
>my manager

Always drink very conservatively around coworkers, you don't want to be known as 'that guy' at work.
>>
>>36092323
Attitude, really. Seriously.
If you drink it thinking it's awful, you're going to react like that. Be stoic, twirl the drink in your mouth, tasting it beyond the initial burn, then swallow it, trying to keep your face neutral. Soon you'll find it pleasant.
>>
>>36092375
>And that is still a great deal of alcohol.
Nah, man.
>Bud light isn't that weak in terms of alcohol content. It's something like 4.2% abv, right about the same as typical stout.
That's weak though. You can't even get wasted on ordinary beer like that. A sixpack of 0.5l bottles/cans doesn't even get you properly drunk.
>>
>>36092323
Acquired taste anon, when I first drunk alcohol 7+ years ago the only thing I could stand was cider, since at least the sweetness masked the alcohol somewhat.

But drink beer mostly, something I thought i'd never enjoy because of the taste, but now I love it, and the alcohol effect just ads to the comfy factor.

Maybe it just happens over time as your brain associates reward with the bitter taste.
>>
>>36092082
DRINK BEER, my best advice. If you stay away from shots/liquor you'll be good. Never had blackouts from only drinking beer.
>>
>>36092357
>>36092435
These words exactly.
>>
>consults /rk9/ the biggest gathering of beta males on the internet on how to not embarrass himself at a social outing
>first time drinking and has never been invited to a party by his own friends
>"since my manager is a black i assume there is going to be hennessy"
looking forward to how OP embarrasses himself spectacularly, its practically guaranteed
>>
File: sadmike.jpg (29KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
sadmike.jpg
29KB, 663x579px
>>36092435
>ywn have a cute mumbling retarded jewfu who looks at you like you're hot shit even if you are a fat mess
>>
>>36092501
Hey, I might be a NEET kvh, but I've been drunk in public and have embarassed myself there. I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>36092536
aren't you just proving my point then?
>>
>>36092577
Not really, since I now know how to not make a fool out of oneself when drinking and I'm more asocial than autistic.
>>
File: IMG_0296.jpg (65KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0296.jpg
65KB, 722x1280px
Just don't drink too much or you ll>>36092181
I agree just get a nice buzz and fun. I went overboard last week and I can't remember any of it pic related
>>
dont try to impress anyone, especially with liquors it'll very suddenly hit you then you puke and pass out

t. currently drinking alone till I pass uot
>>
Alcohol is the devil, senpai.

Don't bother.
>>
>>36092293
>two cups of water for every drink
Mang, that's a lot of water. Oh Pee will have to pee quite a lot.
>>
>>36092401
This guy has the best advice ITT. And you have been given a lot of good advice. I'm somewhat in disbelief that this is still 4chan.
>>
>>36092082
Sip liquor, drink beer. If you're white, they'll understand if you order a Mick Light.
>>
>>36092624
Man were you listening to what you said?
>I've been drunk in public and have embarassed myself
>>
>>36092835
Yes and thus I now know how to not embarass myself.
>>
>>36092624
except i'm referring to OP, not you, my point being that hes gonna make a retard of himself because its his first time drinking and he already sounds like an introverted autist

no matter what advice you give him hes still gonna manage to fuck up given its his first time and he actually needs to be told how to not be a dumbass
>>
Even if the alcohol tells you to keep drinking - don't.
>>
>>36092861
how dense are you, i'm speaking about OP, someone whos never had that experience

this retard thinks that because hes learned from his mistakes not to be an autist that OP can get it right the first time despite both of them beta males who never go to social outings and can't get it right the first time
>>
>>36092082
Buy a 20 or 40 oz of beer from the gas station. liquor is kind of pointless to buy unless you take shots to get fucked up. It is fun more fun though because there is more variety and you can shop around and try different stuff. You dont always have to get wasted when you drink.
>>
>>36092212
>Anyway pretending your boss DOES have Hennessey, or some other type of brandy, that actually mixes much better with coffee than soda pop.
so much this
>tfw drinking extremely strong hot chocolate with a couple shots of E&J
maximum comfy
>>
>>36092082
>party
>manager
>manager is a black

KEK'D

Fucking wagecucks, man. Going to work related ''''''parties'''''' is probably the most retarded thing you can do with your time.

>trying to have a good time around authority
Good luck with that. It's just like trying to party with your teachers or parents, probably even worse.
>>
>>36093656
Look at this rowdy nigga hes on r9k to escape the hood
>>
Rum rum yummy yumm
>>
I never understood those people that kept drinking and drinking until he was hurling in the toilet, am I just a boring drinker? I just try to stay conscious, I still get wasted and drink a bunch and smoke some weed with it as well but I can still limit myself.
I think it's because I know that I still have to go home and if I do that completely wasted I'm scared I'll kill myself.

Also OP, I advise you NOT to smoke weed while drinking, that shit will hit you HARD. It will basically amplify your alcohol intake like 5 times.
Just try to stay conscious throughout the whole thing. It's what I do, but then again nobody ever really notices it when I'm wasted, so it could be a very different experience for you.
>>
>>36094559
It feels to get really fucked up and you wont hurl as long as you use chasers or at least have done it before so you know how to handle it before going outside and being the crazy guy on drugs.
>>
>>36092323
I love drinking hard cider, but you gotta watch yourself, as they're full of sugar. The good part is that they cover up the boozy taste. And good beer tastes miles better than cheap beer.
>>
>>36095218
This, always try to spend a little more money when you drink. Cheap stuff is not worth it, it messes up your stomach.
>>
>>36092643
>15 shots later

never ever do this at a bar
>>
>>36092643
Is your name Chase by any chance.
>>
File: russian-wedding8.jpg (92KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
russian-wedding8.jpg
92KB, 800x532px
>>36092396

This desu. Get absolutely fucked until molest your coworkers and pass out in a ditch. Fuck all you nofun bitch ass fags.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.