[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had a CT scan? Do you think that they cause cancer?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 23213.jpg (42KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
23213.jpg
42KB, 400x320px
Have you ever had a CT scan? Do you think that they cause cancer?
>>
>>36091832
>x-ray cause cancer
wow...how could i know this?its not like they are teaching this in school!!!
>>
>>36091832
>put on this alien machine brings to earth
>scared to contract claustrophobia
Fuckin scary.
>>
>>36091832
The radiation that CT machines emit causes cancer, no shit.
>>
>>36092088
Are you equating x-ray with computed tomography? American education at work.
>>
>>36091832
>Have you ever had a CT scan?
Many, and a few PET scans too
>Do you think that they cause cancer?
Any absorbed dose of ionizing radiation increases risk of cancer. The reason I got so many CT/PET scans was because I had cancer, so the radiation from a CT scanner was moot at that point.
>>
>>36092175
>A computerized tomography (CT) scan combines a series of X-ray images taken from different angles and uses computer processing to create cross-sectional images, or slices, of the bones, blood vessels and soft tissues inside your body.

you're a fucking moron
>>
I had 37 x-rays and one CT in one year (chest and hand)
Should I be worried ?
>>
>>36091832
Maybe if you sat in one for weeks at a time or something. You absorb so much (relatively speaking) radiation just from the natural world or doing mundane shit, getting a few CAT scans or dental x rays isn't a big deal.
>>
>>36092239
>if you sat in one for weeks at a time or something
lmao you'd die of a dose in the million Sv you absolute retard
>>
>>36091832
I've had one. No cancer, far as I know.
>>
lmao you're literally all going to die 30-50 years early. good job.
>>
>>36092216 not really. The only people who get enough exposure to actually have a statistically significant increased cancer risk are the people taking the X-rays/CTs, which is why they wear lead aprons/stand outside.
>>
i've known around 7 people who have had CT scans and none of them have gotten cancer or benign tumors.
>>
dental hygienists get thyroid cancer from being exposed to dental x-rays for decades. there is just no way it's from people who get a dental x-ray a few times per year or a few CT scans in their lifetime. those dental hygienists give dental x-rays 5 days per week for years and years.
>>
File: Yeah... No.gif (865KB, 500x232px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah... No.gif
865KB, 500x232px
>>36091832
They don't highten your chances of getting cancer enough to worry you. Take one deep lungfull of morning traffic jam air and your chances at lung cancer will increase more me thinks. Do you really think they'd do a regular procedure at the hospital that would increase chances of deceases anon?
>>
nuclear workers are allowed to receive up to 20 mSv annually with no shown effects This is literally regulatory agencies that say this; actual medical physicists and shit t hat say you can receive 20 mSv in your job as a nuke worker with no problems, so if your CT scan was under like 15 mSv, you're fine, meaning if you received anything short of a PET scan or something, you have nothing to worry about at all.

To say a single CT scan causes cancer is a bit ridiculous. I wouldn't be able to get behind that. People would be getting cancer from stupid shit. You don't get cancer from singular exposures unless it is a huge dose like 100+ mSv. It is way too hard to do with one CT scan that you had when you were 21 or something. People who are smoke their entire lives are exposed to huge chronic doses of ionizing radiation via the alpha particles in their mouth/throat/lungs, and EVEN THEN only 1 in ~10 of those bastards get cancer related to smoking. To say one CT or some dental X-rays or that X-ray you had when you broke your ribs in high school or something is going to give you cancer? Fuck off. That's retarded. The chances of that must be really, really low.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.