[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

today i had a day dream of me having a child, made me tear up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

today i had a day dream of me having a child, made me tear up from happiness.

but then i got depressed and sad for spawning an innocent creature into this world.

but then i realized i'm just day dreaming.

should we really procreate? it kinda feels selfish.
>>
Having children in general is a selfish act.
>>
your only purpose as a living entity is to have children
>>
>>36092209
there is no purpose
also stupid fucking "comment not original" shit
>>
>>36092237
The purpose of life is to exist.
The purpose of living creatures is to create offspring.

Its just that humans have risen above the biological purpose. Most find purpose in other things.
>>
>>36092704

>The purpose of life is to exist.

>so lets create more human beings even though the earth is already oversaturated and there are plenty of humans already alive who are starving to death
>>
>>36092704
the individuals that didn't have the drive to mate and to raise the offspring didn't pass on their genes
>>
>>36091675
I have a 1 month old brother, and seeing him sometimes makes me cry, cause I realize I'll never be a parent. Never thought about it before.
Well, I still have a chance to be a good big bro for him.
>>
>>36092776
Yes, creating offspring is an instinct by which most act.
There are plenty of humans starving sure, but there are more that arent, clearly population isnt an issue, but places these people live and the demographic of people that live there.
>>36092821
Yes this happens in nature too, though its never enough individual creatures for it to matter.
>>
>>36092916

>lets just keep shitting out more children even though people are starving and resources are dwindling at incredible rates

are you a rodent? is that why the only purpose you can find in life is to reproduce?
>>
>>36092967
As ive said before, people starving is not because of the population.
Ill give you an example. Zimbabwe, shithole but functional, stops every white farmer from working, every single one. Few months later people are starving, few months later zimbabwe calls for 1.2 billion dollars in help to combat starvation, few months later they are late to pay back what they got, and are just sinking deeper.
Which resources are you speaking of?

As ive mentioned, humans have risen above their biological purpose, infact they have risen above biology in a sense, because we act on instinct much less than other animals.

To finish, i find it really tiring to say "as ive said" everytime i reply to someone and repeat myself constantly, can you read? It would speed up this whole process alot.
>>
>>36093061

http://newatlas.com/four-crucial-resources-running-out/12630/
>Current Population is Three Times the Sustainable Level

http://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/3_times_sustainable
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2008/oct/29/climatechange-endangeredhabitats

thank goodness you probably wont be passing on your stupid genes
>>
>>36093153
Climate change is just one more natural disaster, which have been many in the history of this planet, nothing to do with population.

Oil
People are working on creating alternatives to oil.
Water
With technology we are able to create drinkable out of undrinkable water, and i am sure that this is going to become more and more advanced in the future
Food
Im interested in this a little bit more, because countries export so much of it. Wouldnt part of the problem about people not having food be solved by countries exporting less?
>>
>>36093369
To add, as far as metals and things that we dig out of the earth, they will be depleted in due time, no matter how many people refuse to reproduce, we can slow down the process, but not avoid it.
Which is why space exploration and space related technology is of such importance.
>>
>>36093369

>Climate change is just one more natural disaster, which have been many in the history of this planet, nothing to do with population.

https://newrepublic.com/article/121032/map-climate-change-kills-more-people-worldwide-terrorism

>People are working on creating alternatives to oil.

>implying countries like china or india will ever make the change
>implying we will be able to realistically convert before we run out of fossil fuels

>With technology we are able to create drinkable out of undrinkable water, and i am sure that this is going to become more and more advanced in the future

>implying this will be readily available anywhere but 1st world countries

>Wouldnt part of the problem about people not having food be solved by countries exporting less?

"we're already farming around 80% of the arable land on the planet. In simple terms, by 2030 we're going to have to find a way to meet an estimated 50% greater demand."
the future is looking grim, and it's not the kind of future i would want to be born into
>>
>>36092776
that's called natural selection

we have no duty to save the weak, nor should we.
>>
>>36093488
edgy faggot

opinion discarded
>>
>>36093465
I phrased myself incorrectly, what i wanted to say is that the human population does not affect climate change, not the other way around, my bad.
Yes climate change will fuck us, if it keeps getting warmer and warmer, eventually most forms of life will die. Same as the ice age, just one more natural disaster for the good ol earth.

Well china and india will be forced to make the change, every country will, once oil runs out.
Now if we can make the switch in time is another thing, more population certainly makes it more difficult for that to happen, but *.
Well, we can hope that with further development in the field, will make the first machines cheaper. Sort of how an old pc is super cheap compared to a new one, or an old car.

We are farming 80% of the arable land but as ive mentioned, countries export alot of food, theyd export even more different foods if they could find the market. And essentially the way i see it, but i could be very wrong, the food thats being exported is sort of left overs, not in the literal sense, but the countries deem that enough of the food that has been gathered is being put on the local market and they decide to export everything else for profit.

* At any rate, we are already too far gone, to correct all the problems that we have right now when it comes to population, alot of fucking people would have to not have any children, and people that do would have to be restricted in how many they have. Future indeed looks grim.
But if somebody wants to be a parent, i dont think they should not have children only on the basis of theres already too many people breeding. 1 more child means nothing when so many families that breed will have more than 3.

>>36093488
>>36093520
Im more in favor of helping them help themselves than doing the work for them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.