[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Robot Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: download (3).jpg (38KB, 955x525px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
38KB, 955x525px
>Driving to Brooklyn for great aunt's funeral, last of her generation
>Dad puts on XM Groove
>Black Box
>Chaka Khan (Papillon, specifically)
>Bobby Brown
>P-Funk
>Multiple eras of Janet
>Arrive at church
>It is the blackest of black city churches
>Great Aunt is in deaconess uniform, gloves and hat and everything
>Not even religious but sing along with "When We All Get To Heaven"
>Later, leaving the cemetary
>Stevie Wonder's I Wish is playing
>Birds are picking dead grass off the graves for their nests

I don't think white guys can have these feels.
>>
File: 138975228-web.jpg (53KB, 750x490px) Image search: [Google]
138975228-web.jpg
53KB, 750x490px
>>36091072
Alternate OP pic, which is the most 90s singer church pic I could find.
>>
>>36091072
Why do white people have calmer living spaces? Are they just pussies?
>>
>>36091139
That's not what I mean. It was actually really quiet, even though people were chatting and catching up and reflecting on her life. I just meant the general air of the church. It's hard to explain. It's like the specific combination of the age of certain things in the building and the way they're laid out. Also that there were the same 5 or 6 people that seem to make it to every church seevice that happens. I don't mean type of people I mean literal individuals.

As I was walking out during the recessional I was thinking how someday I might want to do a VR experience of this kind of thing because it's almost impossible to describe in words.
>>
File: this basically.gif (34KB, 377x200px) Image search: [Google]
this basically.gif
34KB, 377x200px
This is what my family always does after we drive home from a funeral. Note all of our relatives live far from us.
>>
Lmao yeah I'm not a dipshit who pays money for satellite radio, I get it for free.
>>
File: confused austrialian.jpg (28KB, 428x407px) Image search: [Google]
confused austrialian.jpg
28KB, 428x407px
>have social anxiety
>brother has down syndrome
>parents want to send him to some special school so he can act like an actual person
>work food service for 2 years in while in school to pay for his tuition
>social anxiety still there but i can fake it now

nigga we made it?
>>
>>36092199
Ya made it mah brutha.
>>
I've glimpsed that feel, for a moment.

Im sure its just a cultural uniqueness but to me, as a Pole, it was pretty nice.

I think I live in a fake self induced oppression, and your feel is like the serene acceptance of oppression that you will overcome. Maybe an acceptance I won't ever feel, but I can imagine, briefly.
>>
Perhaps it's because these people actually meant something to you and the community they are in. Like, literal 'pillars of the community', because I've heard that phrase tossed around a lot, and the funeral is actually a celebration of the life of the person who is now gone, instead of just paying lip service so you don't look like a greedy cunt sniffing around a corpse for loose change like most of us white people do.

It may not be the same sort of experience, but, with my own grandmother, who ran daycare for free out of her home for almost 50 years and had people who remembered her filling the church to capacity, singing actual songs not just church hymns, it felt like an actual pillar of a community had finally crumbled. Am I in the ballpark? In the same sport even?

I don't know, but it sounds nice anyway. Sorry for shitting up your thread blackbot, sorry to hear of her passing, but she'll always have a stern look and a smile for you, no matter where her particular religion decides she belongs. Stay strong, and don't void your manufacturer's warranty.
>>
File: 1357025295328.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1357025295328.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>Tfw the first time I ever saw my dad and 2 of my uncles ever cry was when my great grandma died
There's something about seeing your dad just break down and start bawling that really gets to you, kind of puts into perspective how much she meant to them.
Shame I barely knew her.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.