[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a counselor for teenagers in the UK in a school. This is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (306KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306KB, 1400x788px
I am a counselor for teenagers in the UK in a school.
This is going to seem like a weird thread. I have not been on this board in a long time.

While this board is full of jokes and memes and all of that sort of thing, we all know that some genuinely fucked up people are here.

In what is probably a naive move, I am happy to take time to talk to anyone or even just let this thread exist for people to drop their problems.

Call me a faggot if you like, but either way, it's here now. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>36090686
I have never felt a connection to anyone in my life. I just want someone to love. My psychologist can't help me with this, you can't help me with this, no one can help me with this. Only she can, she being someone I haven't met and will likely never meet.
>>
i have to initiative everything and no one gives a shit about me unless i make it happen
ive never not just been a friend out of convenience of circumstance which just led on
if i stop contacting people, they will never contact me
how fix
>>
>>36090686
>This is going to seem like a weird thread.
actually it's normie advice thread number 113000.
>>
>>36090718
I'm sorry to hear that anon. As you have probably heard a thousand times, you will never be happy with anyone until you are happy with yourself.

Without wanting to sound patronising, you may see "her" as actually just a sense of affection or belonging that you are lacking, general physical affection or rather the lack thereof can have a serious impact on mental wellbeing.

It is obviously much easier said than done but it ought to be friend first, then anything more. A reliable best friends will do wonders for you. naturally though, not everyone can make friends easily, let alone maintain friendships.

If there is anything you can do to at least have common contacts-clubs, interests, etc-I'd highly encourage them.

Otherwise I hope very much that you can be happy in your own company at some point, as everything becomes much easier after that point.
>>
>>36090872
I've been relatively happy in my own company for all of my life, and will probably continue to be so in the future. It just gets lonely sometimes. Also, sometimes I scream when I'm alone.
>>
>>36090819
>normie
Nope. I'm not here to tell people how to get their life on track. I am here to hopefully-if anything-let some anons actually talk about genuine feelings instead of wishing for gf or whatever. I had far from a normal stable upbringing and absolutely would have been classed as r9k material for quite a long time.

>>36090800
I think you, like the other anon, need to value yourself. You aren't the sum of how other people treat you and quite frankly, the chances are that those friends do like having you around but are either self-absorbed or used to everything being fine so they forget that other people are people instead of just contacts.
Making plans is a good start, particularly one on one. Developing friendships beyond friendship-by-association can stop you from feeling like an accessory.
>>
>>36090912
I was at a similar stage, although without any of the extremities. What I found helpful was letting contacts/friends fade if they made little effort to stay in contact.

The odd thing is that it's never the people you expect who end up finding value in you.
However, searching for purpose in an anonymous theorhetical romance won't get you very far, because that isn't how people or romance work.

It's really a case of deciding if you're happy with the relative safety of being a solitary introvert or the risk that comes with branching out socially. I'd suggest the latter for the sake of your health, but understand that can be hard.
>>
File: 1491432646671-r9k.jpg (77KB, 1280x837px) Image search: [Google]
1491432646671-r9k.jpg
77KB, 1280x837px
I just moved to a decent sized city. I'm from a small town of around 800 people. I thought things would be different, but since I've moved here I've been extremely anxious and paranoid.

I don't feel like I belong here and the amount of people has caused me to become as much of a recluse as life allows. I only leave for work and groceries. I only buy my groceries in the dead of night. I can't even walk somewhere without having to have a strong buzz to keep my anxiety from skyrocketing.

Two weeks ago someone made note of my accent (I'm from the south.) and now I'm too worried about talking because I think people are just going to mock me the entire time in their head.

There's not even any groups I think I could fit into. I didn't have anyone back home, but it was still home so I felt somewhat accepted. Here, I feel so alien to this place.
>>
Good idea.

Too many trolls around though.

You'd be better off having an anonymous email address your students could reach you at.

You can only, in my opinion, help people one on one.
Most of this shit is our fault anyway.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.