[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What justification is there not to commit suicide?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1490446004053.png (729KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1490446004053.png
729KB, 633x758px
If someone had no motivation or drive to live life anymore, how would you go about convincing them not to off themselves? I've taken the notion of suicide seriously in the past, but to someone that far gone, I'm not sure what I could say that would mean anything to them.
>>
>>36088903
One Piece hasn't ended yet
>>
>>36088903
there isn't one but it takes some courage and willpower to take your own life, for example I took my helium tank out yesterday at 2AM, put it on the grass and just stared at it for 1 hour, I could not do it
>>
>>36088981
What if Oda dies suddenly?
>>
>>36088903
Depression is an illness, it's giving you the symptoms you're experiencing, you can fight depression through prescriptions or other means if you just look into it on your own. I'm not saying it'll be easy to do but don't trivialize what you're going through by ignoring it.
>>
File: 1423016911577.png (698KB, 608x715px) Image search: [Google]
1423016911577.png
698KB, 608x715px
>>36088994
Whether you want to call me a faggot or not, I'm one of those people that genuinely believes that even through suffering, life is worth living for the experience of life. And that even if you're so fucked as to have no potential whatsoever, even the futile attempt at trying to improve gives a purpose and a reason to be.

I came close to committing suicide before, but never went through with it, as well. The problem is: how do I convince someone with no motivation to change, or no emotion that would permit them to appreciate the good and bad of life? They don't even have a foundation to go from, I feel like any advice I would try to give would be pointless to them.

I hope someone answers, I've not known this person for long, but just the thought of the potential for decades of life ending like that disturbs me. I want them to see the world the way I do, but I don't even know where to begin or what to say.
>>
>>36088903
>If someone had no motivation or drive to live life anymore, how would you go about convincing them not to off themselves?
I wouldn't. If someone wants to die, let them die.
>>
You are mentally ill and it will get better.

Been there. Tied the rope. Cocked the shotgun. Then waited. Fought and felt pain. Just trust me, it will get better.
>>
>>36089091

Yes, you are the universe experiencing itself. It's kind of awesome to think about when you really get it.

Also the problem with suicidal people is that they are caught in a bubble. They built a life around some important concept, then everything went to shit and they think that literally everything about life sucks. But if only they stepped outside their our self constructed bubble they'd know that there are other awesome aspects about life.

Finally, frankly all suicidal people, me included are mentally ill. You need to realise that and accept that you cannot trust yourself to judge how good or bad you really have it.
>>
>>36088903
If you truly believe there is nothing after death then it is impossible to justify suicide. As any form of existence is better than non-existence. You might as well ride it out until the natural end.
>>
>>36089091

Have you tried saying exactly what you just said? If they really are dead set on ending it, there really isn't anything you're going to be able to say to stop them in either case. If their life is full of so much misery, pain, and hopelessness, if they feel that they offer nothing of value and can only take, that the world truly would be better off without them...well, sorry man, but you're going to be talking in a room full of screamers. Living a life just for the sake of living isn't always enough, it's hard, it's boring, it's full of pain and misery. I've pondered this very thing for the past 25 years of my life so far, and not to push my personal beliefs on someone else, but I honestly haven't found a single good reason to continue putting up a fight any more except to keep my mom from being sad over my self inflicted death. Once she's gone, that's it. Perhaps your friend is in a similar state of mind, perhaps your friend is in a lot of pain, whatever their reason. Don't blame them too much anon, don't feel guilty about it, grieve that they are gone, but don't mourn the fact you may not have been able to save them- it was never up to you to do so, eventually, we all have to save ourselves.
>>
>>36089320
>As any form of existence is better than non-existence.
what about people living in constant pain and torture? Your argument is bullshit
>>
>>36089320
>any form of existence is better than non-existence

ABSOLUTELY FALSE
>>
>>36089380
>>36089382
It is better to live in pain than to not exist.
How can you not see this fundamental truth?
>>
>>36089603
Because it's absolutely retarded
>>
>>36089603
How is it better? Who is it better for? Unless my body is being used as a battery life is not better than death.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.