[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in doing this other than for attention? I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 17

File: ff8d3b9ed6835d20677ff7d9c08c1f97.jpg (296KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ff8d3b9ed6835d20677ff7d9c08c1f97.jpg
296KB, 1024x768px
Is there any point in doing this other than for attention?
I honestly cannot understand the purpose.
>>
>>36078374
It feels good. Turns the mental pain into physical pain.
>>
>fighter

good riddance
>>
that IS the purpose, you dummy

Almost everything women do is just for attention, they are just overgrown spoiled children. There is a reason why men are more likely to kill themselves.
>>
>fighter

give me a break
>>
those look like surface level scratches.
>>
>>36078374
I don't cut myself, but I have been known to hit myself from time to time and I suspect the motives overlap a fair bit.
The body's response to physical pain is automatic and visceral. So in cases where where the stress, sadness, etc., go completely out of control and I can't find a way to mitigate it, a hard slap in the face can at least force my brain to pause, for a moment.
>>
>>36078374
its retarded, and obviously for attention.
>>
>>36078374
>had a gf for around a year
>broke up for retarded reasons
>she sends me pics of her wrists cut to shit trying to guilt me
>am autism or some other brain problems so I didn't care at all
Also I'm fairly sure an ex of hers browses here
>>
File: 1485970024803.png (299KB, 535x548px) Image search: [Google]
1485970024803.png
299KB, 535x548px
>>36078509
I can't believe I've never put the two together.
Of course it's always women. That explains everything.
>>
I tried it out of curiosity, initial cut feels good but i don't like the sting afterwards, it's annoying. Can't really see anyone doing it for more than just attention. Choking feels so much better but it's hard to explain neck bruises to people constantly.
>>
File: tumblr_nskldgJXgU1s9anh5o1_1280.png (831KB, 1014x641px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nskldgJXgU1s9anh5o1_1280.png
831KB, 1014x641px
I find anorexic girls with cutmarks, within reason, extremely sexy.
>>
>>36078374
I used to do it because the pain would like sharpen everything, kinda like a high, but also I'm a pussy bitch who hated pain.
Now I just smoke every now and again and roll the shit taste in my mouth, not the same but it gets the job done.
>>
>>36078511
>>36078488
I seriously thought this was someone cutting a D&D character sheet into their arm because of that fighter shit
>>
Tried It once.
Realised my knife was blunt AF.
Used force to get one puny little cut.
It did nothing for me so I stopped. I think my pain tolerance is too high.. or something. Sand paper and rubbing alcohol should be more effective.
>>
File: 1474555287262.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474555287262.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
so these chicks never wear bathing suits?
>>
>>36078374
When your mind is racing and you feel like you're going to start screaming and chimping out, causing pain to yourself is a way to focus and stop thinking about whatever's making you angry or upset. It's an alternative to completely losing your shit, at least it was for me. I did it on my leg, cut the same spot multiple times so it didnt look like a self harm injury.

When emo roasties lightly scratch up their arms in patterns, they're just asking for attention. They dont, and wont ever, have any trials or hardships in their lives that would drive them to the point where they need to cut themselves rather than go apeshit. They just want to look sad and get sympathy, which is all roasties do. They're stuck in a feedback loop built from self-centered emotional reasoning and mood-matching aesthetics, because they're idiotic creatures incapable of actual self-introspection and instead just act like they're in a sad music video.
>>
File: IMG_20170406_200535.jpg (2MB, 3024x2559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_200535.jpg
2MB, 3024x2559px
Check me out guys, am I hardcore enough?
>>
I cut up my arm with broken glass when I was drunk once, I also punched myself in the face like 30 times and got huge black eyes. I did it because I hated myself.
>>
File: C1VXOO7VIAA2xne.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
C1VXOO7VIAA2xne.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>36078604
Same, but that's not anorexic.

This is the true skelly
>>
>>36078625
Nope. Sand paper and alcohol is pointless too. Feels like i fell of a bike. Not much of a distraction.
>>
>>36078374
Literally every girl I've ever dated was a cutter.

I don't know what says about them, or about me.

>>36078509
>>36078582
They don't show off their scars in public you dumb tranny-fappers. They all cut themselves somewhere unnoticeable or hide it with a goth bracelet or something like that.

Guys cut themselves as well. but yeah reeeeee women hate thread #mgtow
>>
>>36078988
fuck off nerd, men who cut themselves are pussies and women who cut themselves are dumb sluts who just want sympathy from Chad while he's plowing her butthole
>>
>>36078988
>>>36078374 (OP) (You)
>Literally every girl I've ever dated was a cutter.
Let me guess, they were "raped" at some point as well.
>>
>>36079044
Well as far as I know, only just one of them was. Literally by a pack of nignogs.

>>36079025
>men who cut themselves are pussies

yeah and so are men who spend their days posting frogs on a Cambodian fishing forum.

Why are you saying that like we're a bunch of bunch men with confidence and no issues whatsoever?
>>
>>36078374
Cut my arms so badly chunks are missing when I move my arm...
Wear long sleeves forever.
Dumb shit.
>>
File: Remember_740397_143191.gif (30KB, 420x309px) Image search: [Google]
Remember_740397_143191.gif
30KB, 420x309px
>>36078578
Tell her to cut down for results.
>>
>>36079324
that's the difference between most guy cutters and most women cutters. Guys do it for the adrenaline rush plus it makes you feel alive and women do it so people will feel sorry for them
>>
File: 1488314931041.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488314931041.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
>>36079324
I'm having a hard time picturing this
>>
File: happy-man-looking-at-computer.jpg (28KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
happy-man-looking-at-computer.jpg
28KB, 640x435px
>>36079473
>because so insecure that you have to rationalize self-abuse

forty keks

I'M NOT AN ATTENTION WHORE PUSSY WHEN I CUT MYSELF AND CRY, FAGGOTS THIS IS MY MANLY EMO PHASE
>>
>>36079700
Yeah it's pretty funny how many people in this thread think women self harm for attention seeking but guys self harm for adrenaline based thrill seeking. Probably because when you think of cutting yourself you imagine a teenage girl doing it, so these guys are going overboard to make it seem manly somehow.
>>
>>36078374
>Is there any point in doing this other than for attention?
That's one possible reason. It can also feel strangely good, it's difficult to explain. Although I doubt that's the case with your pic related, those are basically scratches.
>>
Honestly I only did it so that I could take care of the would while it healed. Like giving myself a small responsibility.
My life is dull.
>>
>>36078477
I heard that in addition to this, it's the visual confirmation that you *can* heal from the pain.
>>
>>36080679
Did you see this movie as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie7XVOuzf2U
>>
Wow, you really are a bunch of pathetic underage faggots who use this site now huh

This stuff is grounds for honor killing
>>
File: 1487560561674.png (1MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1487560561674.png
1MB, 857x1202px
used to cut when i was like 12-14 this was like 2005 i had never heard of such thing i dont even know where i got the idea i guess i wanted to kill myself but was like 12 and retarded and them got semi addicted to it like its weird and so vivid but hazy and like a dream and the same time clearly the time factor doesn't help but yeah i wasn't raped or anything i was struggling a lot with social problems and being neglected at home , its a very embarrassing i have to wear long sleeves for the rest of my life but some times i feel like taking it back up but at my age that would be beyond funy i just punch myself in the head now it helps but its not as much as a rush as cutting maybe you faggots should take it up desu you all sound really fucking depressed and edgy
>>
>>36078374
It numbs your sensesince and feels good when associated with relief. Think Pavlov but edgy.
>>
It's abhorrent and deserves the death penalty this is my second post in this thread you faggots disgust me
>>
>>36078374
It feels really good, it gives you a sort of adrenaline rush. Sometimes people do it for attention, obviously, but the reason why it became a thing that people do is because it feels good.
>>
>>36079368
She like cut boxes into here arms, like she was playing tick tack toe, too bad I didn't care, god help whoever shes with now
>>
File: P_20170407_054618_1.jpg (242KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170407_054618_1.jpg
242KB, 1600x900px
Its fun senpai. [Spoiler] just kidding I'm having a nosebleed [/spoiler]
>>
When my depression and insomnia was at its worst I used to sit up all night smoking and burning myself with cigarettes, but I was always careful not to do it somewhere that wouldn't normally show. Used to burn grid patterns and slowly fill them in. It was all about the mixture of the pain, the endorphins, and having something to focus on to keep my mind off of all the shit that was going round in there.

Stopped when my roomate caught me in the act, freaked the fuck out, and forced me to get help. Hated her at the time but it's probably the best thing that ever happened to me.
>>
>>36078374
It's just a distraction for me. Like the pain and bleeding and clean-up all let me focus my attention on something that isn't what's going on in my own head. Usually video games and books can do the job just fine, but not always. Well, that and a sort-of outlet for the self-loathing that sticks with me 24/7, so sometimes I'll also do it to punish myself for being such an asshole.
>>
The closest thing that I did was put out cigarettes on some moles and beaty marks that I have when I was drunk one day and it just hurt and now I have gay scars. I never got the dopamine or adrenaline rush that people meme about.
>>
File: mgm.jpg (33KB, 415x536px) Image search: [Google]
mgm.jpg
33KB, 415x536px
the pain distracts their minds from their other problems. that is the other purpose besides attention
>>
>>36078374
Those are some chicken scratches. Fucking pussy
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (24KB, 604x435px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
24KB, 604x435px
>>36079483
I think this is what he means. If you cut deep enough you can leave visible gaps in your flesh, even after the wounds scar over.
>>
>>36078374
When you do it like that no, its entirely for attention. When you do it the way i do it, on my biceps, shoulders and thighs or places that are always covered by clothes, its not for attention. It gives you control cuz youre the one causing the pain. It distracts you from the mental pain you cant escape from.
>>
>>36080730
I have, though I didn't understand but it was confirmed by a friend.
>>
>>36078374
Those are some pussy looking cuts. Cat scratches are more severe.
And to answer the question at hand remember this rule

Across the street for attention
Down the highway for results
>>
Its kinda hot desu.
>>
File: 1442279354001.jpg (45KB, 637x504px) Image search: [Google]
1442279354001.jpg
45KB, 637x504px
I did it for kicks when I was 15, shit was better than Meth.

After doing it on my arms a couple of times I moved to parts you could conceal better because people actually got concerend with me.

Thanks god the scars healed pretty well and I can just wear a big wrist watch over it.

Not even masochistic, I just like the sight of blood and the heavy adrenaline rush it gave me
>>
>>36079368
Not always completely effective. I've cut down the road on my forearm. There was tons of blood but I'm still typing this aren't I?
Didn't even feel tired or drained at all. Just blood all over a hotel bathroom, drank a fifth of whiskey and slept it off.
>>
Lmao like 98% of those """"cuts"""" are scratches barely deep enough to bleed. Faking mental illness for attention is such a gross behavior
>>
>>36078374
i think people who cut their wrists arent really sure if they want to kill themselves or because theyre very impulsive and dont have an effective pain mechanism. i dont see whats the point of laughing at a person in pain, most of the people who laugh have done the same thing before.
>>
>>36078374
How it's getting used really depends on the person. But it's usually a way of punishing themselves.

Usually doing it in such visible areas is just attention whoring, though. The last thing people in real pain want is for others to see them at such a fragile moment. That's why upper thighs are the favorite spot to cut.

I'm personally fond of hammerbutting walls, but I think that has already taken a toll on me and I'm mostly too dumb to feel sad enough to headbutt.

Anyway, the ways this can be used is:
> Control - This is me, I control this, see, I cut it, it's mine
> Junkie - Getting cut will send your body into "OH SHIT ITS HAPPENING" mode and one can get addicted to the chemicals released in the brain
> Self-hate - This is just punishing self because you hate self. Probably the saddest
> Dodge - If you cut your body and it hurts, most of your atention will get diverted to this.. so for just a short amount of time, you forget about the shit that's making you do this
>>
When I self harm I just do it on autopilot. I'll start hitting my head reflexively and whatever had me worked up stops worrying me for a moment.

I imagine the same thing applies to cutters. I once tried it but I'm a retard and couldn't actually get it to bleed
>>
>>36078698
Here's your you, you didnt do that for nothing
>>
>>36080730
Oh shit l remember seeing this when l young on late night tv. l couldn't remember what it was called

l just remember the scene in the office and getting so fucking hard when she was cutting herself. l think l was always fucked up, goddamn it
>>
>>36078374
I bet it's a real thing for some people but I think most people do it because it's glamorized in media. Do people do this shit in Africa?
>>
File: tumblr_ogcerlYzeg1vfj8qmo1_500.jpg (78KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogcerlYzeg1vfj8qmo1_500.jpg
78KB, 500x470px
>>36078374
>fighter
yeah she got this from katana sword fight
>>
>>36078374
>fighter
A real Rocky Balboa
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.