[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot paradise

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: pepe.jpg (50KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
50KB, 957x621px
Okay, robots, I have an idea.

There is/was a thread about the possibility of creating a civilisation for /r9k/ users only - no normies allowed. Unfortunately that thread derailed into Steven Universe circlejerk.

There are no unclaimed territories in the world (apart from places in Antarctica and a small triangle in the African desert), so instead we'd have to go a little small-scale.

Here's an idea on how we can create our Utopian society:

>Collectively decide on an island to create our paradise on using this website: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/region/united-states?availability=sale
>Pool together enough money to buy said island.
>Recruit more skilled robots to move to the island and begin construction of houses, stores, etc.
>Let the rest of us buy/rent property and move in.

The town can stay funded from taxation and rent.

We'd be able to get rid of any normies who try and move in with billboards containing shit like "NO NORMIES", and simply being rude to them until they fuck off.

Of course this may take years, but it is feasible. So, what do you think?
>>
How would we be able to get internet
>>
This will never happen. People make these threads and people show interest but they're NEETS. Lazy. The proofs right there in the the thread
>Recruit more skilled robots to move to the island and begin construction of houses, stores, etc.
>Let the rest of us buy/rent property and move in.
You want someone else to do the hard work.
>>
>>36065576
steal it from our islands neighbor
>>
>>36065598
Nope, I would be fully willing to help. I simply worded it badly, that's all.
>>
>>36065623
but how are we gonna get the money if all of us are currently NEETs
>>
>>36065647
desu that's basically just a meme. there are plenty of people here with money

besides, we always have other boards to raise funds from.
>>
i like this idea actually. bump
>>
>>36065663
well I know im flat broke, and also, what other boards are you talking about specifically, because im not sure about cohabitating with half the boards on this website
>>
>>36065647
Some of us will have to break the taboo of getting a part time job for a few months to fund it.
>>
>>36065704
not OP, but I'd imagine /b/, /pol/, /a/, perhaps /v/
>>
Bumppity
>>
>>36065730
Not /pol/ or /b/
>>
>>36065713
i cant get a job because of social anxiety, but i might sell some human organs to private doctors doing private research, as I hear there's a good market for that.
>>
>>36065769
You can always invest in the stock market from the comfort of your own home
>>
>>36065769
Yeah there's good money in it because the average person isn't stupid enough to do it.
>>
How are you going to tax me if I wouldn't leave my apartment thing
>>
>>36065808
still good money tho
>>
>>36065530
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/united-states/maine/foster-island

this one looks quite good. shit load of lumber for construction, 300 acres of land, around $1.6 mil.

I'd say we could raise enough to aquire this one in about two-four years
>>
>>36065820
steal your neetbux whilst you sleep
>>
>>36065663
How much money are you willing to contribute to the project?
>>
This is some good shit lads
>>
>>36065877
roughly 2000 quid
>>
>>36065849
we could afford it if a few hundred of us each donated a few thousand dollars, i could get a part time job for a year to contribute my share
>>
>>36065924
plus all those throwing in five bucks or so, it really adds up
>>
>>36065849
I say we do this one. I could imagine us building here
>>
>>36065963
also I could sell my car, thats a few extra thousand right there. We should try to think of things we could sell that we already have because we probably wont need all of our stuff any more
>>
>>36065912
How many people are you planning to fit on this island? Say we went with >>36065849 this one. You've committed less than one six hundredth of the cost of the island, and that's before things like actually building housing and infrastructure come into play.
>>
we should probably set up a gofundme or something.
>>
The community will probably collapse since everybody would be awkward as fuck and refuse to go out
>>
>>36066048
that might be a good idea, people will crowd fund just about anything nowadays
>>
>>36065530
>NEET paradise
so who's keeping the fucking island running idiot?
>>
>>36066070
you think? i always thought that it would be easier to talk to each other knowing we were all robots
>>
>>36066023
judging by the size of it, looks like you could probably fit around 100-150 max.

As >>36065924 said, a few hundred donating a thew thousand could make this possible.

Everyone else throwing in small sums could pay for developing the area (we could simply use the timber already on the island).

Who knows, maybe we could get a rich NEET like notch to pay for a chunk of it.
>>
>>36066113
the island might be able to run on normie slave power
>>
>>36066113
just get the NEETS who actually want to try and do something.
>>
>>36066126
>we could simply use the timber already on the island)
What about other materials like copper, glass, insulation etc.? Also, the island linked ITT is protected by conservation law, you can't house 150 people on it. If the island housed that many people, there'd be no way for food dependence to be achieved either.
>>36066150
NEETs are lazy, this is why they are NEETs.
>>
>>36065530
>civilisation for /r9k/ users only - no normies allowed
Sounds good...
>Pool together enough money to buy said island.
Can live with that...
>The town can stay funded from taxation and rent.
HA. NO. GET THE FUCK OUT HERE WITH YOUR TAXATION, STATIST FUCKTARD, YOU POLITICAL NORMIE!
>>
>>36065647
wouldn the normies be willing to pay us to leave
>>
>>36065849
That island looks pretty cool. Large enough for residents to have some personal space, small enough to walk everywhere.
>>
>>36066183
its a possibility yea
>>
>>36065530
Yeah great, a colony of autistic neckbeards
see >>36066176
who depend on their mothers or the government for survival. I don't see this failing at especially with people who even fail miserable in civilized society aka life on easy mode.
>>
Someone set up a gofundme. I have no credit card.
>>
>>36066255
>s-someone else do it
This is why projects like this never get off the ground.
>>
>>36066176
What's a good alternative to taxation when you need to raise funds?
>>
>>36065849
>1.6 mil.

you will never EVER be able to afford this. Even if you find 150 people wich this land will barely be able to provide, everybody would at least have to pay 10.000
>>
>>36066274
pretty sure that nigger can't, even said why right in his post.
>>
>>36066311
this is exactly my point, dumb NEET fantasists don't know how to get shit done. They'd rather be the "ideas guy" and wait for someone else to come along and do the real work.
>>
Why not just by land? Islands are way too expensive.

https://www.landcentury.com/land-for-sale/maine/102-acres-land-for-sale-in-subdivision-maine/
>>
>>36066418
Buying land sounds like a much better idea
>>
>We should make a NEET paradise!
>It would be amazing and we would all lives however we want no wagecucking no one to tell us what to do!
>H-How? O-Oh I'm sure someone else will set it up for us...
No super-robot is going to swoop in and buy a 2 million dollar island for everyone and personally invite you all, give it up.
>>
>>36065849
It's under a conservation easement, so for $1.65m you get the right to build a maximum of 5 structures and presumably not touch anything else. Especially the forest. Have fun importing coal to stay warm.
>>
File: 1488146215424.jpg (109KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488146215424.jpg
109KB, 960x720px
>>36065530
>arctic
Nope even that is claimed by 4th reich arctic nazis
>>
>>36065530

I've heard this idea pitched multiple times during my tenure here.

sorry, I'm not your mommy and daddy.

And there is no such thing as a utopian society.

It's a massive amount of work that will be fraught with errors and complications--- on top of that, how are you going to ship food, water, and medical supplies out to the island?

Who's going to build the dock? buy the boats?

How are you going to build infrastructure on that?

or even a non-island spot?

You're dreaming, and it's not even a realistic one.
>>
>>36066527
Antarctica is not the Arctic Ocean.

Antarctica's Marie Byrd Land is unclaimed, though if you tried to settle there you would probably be bombed by Russians or something. If you manage to stay alive in the freezing cold, that is.

The Arctic Ocean is unclaimed because it's a fucking ocean. Good luck with the supply missions. Also, the ice cap is melting and any structures you manage to build will probably sink by 2040. Also, there's oil under it so the Russians will eventually bomb you anyway.
>>
File: pepe skeptical.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
pepe skeptical.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>36066418
we need to live somwhere with a natural population of frogs, so it must be near a lake/river
>>
File: 1488999505328.png (421KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488999505328.png
421KB, 1200x1000px
>>36067512
Lets get a cozy river island in New Hampshire
>>
File: 343121.jpg (9KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
343121.jpg
9KB, 200x192px
>be skilled
>be wealthy
>be robot

the fuck would i have to gain by losing all of my money and way of life just to sit alone in my house like i normally do but instead my house has no access to greater society and the people next door are also robots.
>>
>>36065530
Mate kekistan is already a thing, just get in on that
>>
Hey guys, I have a proposition. How about we make money by FARMING. Think about it. If we are a community of farmers we won't starve. We could sell extra crops to other islanders. There are many other things we could do too.
>>
>>36066418
I agree with this. It should be fertile land to grow crops on.
>>
it should only be 25 and up. I'm almost 30. I don't want to be with 18 year olds.
>>
>>36065849
Foster Island is under conservation. You can only build 5 houses on it max. Thats why its so cheap.
>>
Move to Pitcairn, like 50 people live there.

They are so desperate for people that they will give you a piece of land for free to build your house on.
I think a boat goes to the island every 3 months and that's it.
>>
Why not just become a vandweller?
>>
>>36065530
There must be a possibility for sexdolls and warhammer/modelling.
>>
It seems like a good idea on paper but a lot of NEETs on here are lazy low functioning sociopaths and the society would collapse
>>
File: 1476772714918.jpg (41KB, 585x501px) Image search: [Google]
1476772714918.jpg
41KB, 585x501px
>>36065530
okay, i'm in. I'm going to need a fembot waifu though. I'd imagine the female to male ratio would be extremely low, so i am going to need reimbursed for my money, and effort with a qt broken fembot where we can strive, and build a all white family together.

i can also provide proper law enforcement for the state
>>
>>36065576
Satellite internet and then just have a intranet to communicate across the island. Might take a shit long to download animu but once it's done then it would be easily accessable to all.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.