[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do anti-depressants work or are they just a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: RRG49000.jpg (27KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
RRG49000.jpg
27KB, 288x216px
Do anti-depressants work or are they just a meme?
>>
>>36062389
Why is there a thread like this every single day
>>
>>36062389
Just started Citalopram 4 days ago, my stomach hurts
>>
A meme. Can't solve your tfw no gf.
>>
>>36062389
All they really do is relax the muscles so certain muscles aren't pushing on certain nerve endings triggering certain things and control your heart rate like a beta-blocker.

Enough of them though will fuck you up and your liver/kidneys.
>>
>>36062389
SSRIs are for normies who should be happy but aren't.. if you're a neet loser whos life sucks you actually have a reason to feel like shit because your life is shit, your brain isnt fucked .. SSRI's do not work for losers

i was on zoloft 100mg you wont get anything more than trouble reaching climax and muscle spasms, anything else u feel is placebo
>>
didn't do shit for be except make me sleepy and fuck up my heart rate
>>
>>36062389
>>36062597
>they solve the way you see tfw
>>36062608
>anti-depressants have nothing to do with muscles
>>36062637
>probably quit after less a month on zoloft
>>36062712
>side effects of the first week or so

Don't believe these shitheads. They do. But in the mid/long-term, if you take them for only weeks it seems that nothing improved or even things got worse, don't be a quitter and let them work on your brain, it's slow but effective.
>>
>>36062891
I'm >>36062596 how long does it take to kick in ? Med said 3 weeks is that accurate ? I'm loosing hope
>>
>>36063013
It could be as long as 2 months, it really depends on the chemistry of your brain. And also sometimes doctors prescribe the wrong kind of pills so having a good one, and be asertive about the ups and downs and the side effects is really helpful.
For the moment there is no magic pill who can adjust itself to every individual. But hopefully one day it will exist.
>>
>>36062389
They're a meme. I tried them, did absolutely nothing but make me take 15 mins to cum each time I fapped. Pretty good side effect, but still
>>
File: 1487631117175.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
1487631117175.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
>>36062497

>a imageboard mostly ridden with depressive people asking about antidepressants

Geez I wonder why anon
>>
>>36062389

Sorrie bead english OP

>you will prob get super horny or lose your ability to get hard

been on 3 diffrent, atm on somekind of schizo med i think im gonna just quit taking these jew pills desu psychiatrist just feed me pills and does nothing else

cymbalta: made me lose like 4 kg and made me very emotional and unstable, lose hair also made me shake high heart rate, hard to sleep and nightmares

venlafaxin: took this when i could not get out of bed helped me but i quited after a while since all negative fucking side effects

on fluoxetin atm: best one i tried

feel relaxed but with energy
so far hard to control my body movment
also can eat more (skelly boi)
just got a higer dose on it and seem to be working less well so might just have the lowest dose or quit it

Best thing is to lift weights eat stuff that has diffrent vitamins and stuff

drinking alcohol. maybe smoke a cigar and just try to enjoy lifes small thingies you are gonna die anyway so enjoy the unhealthy thingies also
>>
been on escitalopram and venlafaxin
escitalopram did fucking nothing, used it for 3-4 months
started venlafaxin a while ago and only side effect I notice is getting really tired when it's time to take a new dose
>>
>>36064267
Yuo see Ivan, tis is how yuo be happy comrade

made me smile
>>
File: swedish wojack.jpg (292KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
swedish wojack.jpg
292KB, 720x720px
>>36064325

happy i could make someone smile anon. hope you have a happy/okay day!
>>
>>36063937
Are you aware of the concept of lurking?
>>
File: 1480757229883.jpg (87KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480757229883.jpg
87KB, 800x450px
>>36064359
Took me a while to know what to respond, well thanks anon

might browse this shithole more often, you guys seem chill
>>
uh yeah thanks for the "advice" but i've lived without meds and it can be a complete living hell of constant suicidal thoughts, telling seriously mentally ill people to go off their meds is quite an le epic prank tho i guess / the standard retard line from people who aren't actually depressed, went on antidepressants and realised the side effects are worse than their supposed depression

people like me who need antidepressants to not die on the other hand should absolutely stay on them
>>
>>36062389
I was on 150mg of Zoloft a day when I was 18. My parents decided to send me to a teen rehabilitation camp in Utah because I smoked pot but they sent me on a Friday so I had to wait around until Monday when the camp was supposed to start. When I got to the house the guy there took my meds from me and never even mentioned it afterwards. I went through Zoloft withdrawl and I was super tired all of the time and started hallucinating. After two days of that I decided to just leave and they couldn't stop me because I was 18. I ended up walking like 12 miles in some random direction until my parents freaked out and found me to pick me up. I never too antidepressants after that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.