[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety about job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1443391333610.jpg (182KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1443391333610.jpg
182KB, 720x1107px
>graduate from University
>go through an awful two-year period during which I alternated between NEEThood and a number of really shitty jobs
>this February, I got a job as a clerk with the county government

The main problem, Robots, is that I am a temp, and that I earn very little. I only make $8.25/hr. It also bothers me that what I do is very menial clerical work (scanning, filing, answering phones and helping walk-ins, stamping, etc.).

I want to learn more about the actual laws and procedures to make myself valuable, and while I have asked, they tell me that now is not a particularly opportune moment, since they're busy because property values are going out.

I just feel that I'm a total failure, and have constant anxiety over my fragile position. Sure, I've been told I've been doing a "good job", but that's a far cry from "we're making you a permanent hire". It bothers me that my work experience only includes menial work, but no real professional experience. I hate how little I get paid (although by the way everyone talks, the bureaucrats get paid quite decently).

I just really hate my life right now. I thought not being a NEET would make me automatically feel better, but it brought with it a whole host of new problems. I feel extremely jealous of some of the other people my age in the workplace: I'm just a 'clerk' doing menial and unskilled tasks all day, whereas these others are 'Tax Agents' high up on the totem pole (one of them was a barista at Starbucks recently, and never went to University).
>>
>>36053075
Fuck off, you sound like a pretentious faggot
>>
File: 1431314821199.jpg (58KB, 446x373px) Image search: [Google]
1431314821199.jpg
58KB, 446x373px
>>36053086
How so? Let me guess, I sounded too "high and mighty" because

Fuck you: I've worked in everything by now. I've been a janitor and a cleaner and an office clerk and receptionist, so you can fuck right off if you think I'm "pretentious". I've cleaned toilets and bathrooms and stayed up during graveyard shifts dealing with the trash that normalfags left behind during their outings.

You go to Hell - I'm tired of people saying I act either pretentious or proud or high and mighty just because the way I talk or text, even though I've done enough to prove I'm not like that at all, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>36053173
kek i didnt even read your OP (or this post i'm replying to) i was just shitposting :^) Got ya fag, haha
>>
>>36053173
>he's had multiple jobs
How the hell did you get them to hire you, anon? I can't even get an interview. I'm surviving entirely on my parents' good will.
>>
File: rover wants to go home.png (355KB, 639x862px) Image search: [Google]
rover wants to go home.png
355KB, 639x862px
>>36053342
>How the hell did you get them to hire you, anon?

I honestly don't know. I've had many jobs in the past, but have always either gotten fired, or resigned due to the shittiness of the conditions.

I can only attribute my getting this menial - though otherwise relatively cozy- position to a fluke. I applied for some job with a temp agency, and some agent called me in: I didn't get the job I originally applied for, but instead got this current one, which I've had since Feb. 27.
>>
Why'd you even bother with uni if youre just working shit jobs?
>>
File: 3d pepe.png (144KB, 358x398px) Image search: [Google]
3d pepe.png
144KB, 358x398px
>>36053713
And why do you have to be such an asshole?
>>
>>36054344
>Wow, that's mean

why?
>>
>>36054478
>Wow, tht's mean

why?
>>
>>36053075
>>36053075 (OP)
>>36053075 (OP)
Keep the temp job and try to maintain a positive attitude.

I've never even had an office or professional job even though I went to university and graduated with honors. I did get a worthless degree though, so I do blame myself a lot.

I got laid off from my last job because my job (in hospitality) got contracted out. Two years of perfect service, and then just tossed in the trash.

I really know where you're coming from. I got into a car accident (my old well built car is ok, but the other guy's car isn't), and most of the people I had to deal with made me feel like a loser. The cop that came to take a report (and then didnt take one becuase it wasnt serious enough) and my claims adjuster were both probably younger than me. I found the claims adjuster on LinkedIn, and he went to a worse school than me. He probably only got the job because he's Latino and can speak Spanish. The cop was some bimbo. She probably got the job because of the pussy pass. Anyway, here I am unemployed while these people have careers.

>>36053086
Wow, that's mean
>>
File: 1410739600847.gif (754KB, 149x175px) Image search: [Google]
1410739600847.gif
754KB, 149x175px
>>36054631
I'm glad that there's at least someone like you, who can actually understand me and know what it is like to be in this type of situation.

Thank you so much, Robot.

>Keep the temp job and try to maintain a positive attitude.

I try, and I'll keep trying. Because I really want to be made permanent.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.