[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

schizophrenia for those who DO NOT have schizophrenia, whats

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: sch1491360170405.jpg (175KB, 1010x1013px) Image search: [Google]
sch1491360170405.jpg
175KB, 1010x1013px
schizophrenia

for those who DO NOT have schizophrenia, whats it like knowing someone who does? we have enough threads about people who have it, but what about people who know someone that has it.

whats it like for you? do you act different around them? Are you nicer or more gentle with them....are you scared of them
>>
an obviously schizo homeless guy comes to my work all the time because we can't keep him away without calling the cops who do fucking nothing

it's frightening, sometimes they're ok but they're usually on edge and the slightest thing can set them off and make them apeshit
>>
>>36037340
I've known a girl who has schizophrenia for over three years now. I've tried to a lot of research into it. The person I know has more negative symptoms than positive symptoms. It's not too bad when she's just quite and weird. She doesn't talk often and when she does the sentences are often littered with random words that don't really make sense. It's not a big deal, but I have to be really patient and gentle around her for her to do anything. Dealing with hallucinations and delusions is impossible and scary as fuck and I am definitely afraid of her to an extent during psychotic episodes as she likes to cut herself during these times and I don't want to be stabbed or have my throat slit. I usually can't go around her during these times because she'll get angry at me.
>>
>>36037340
My mom's had it for years she's only been really bad when she has an episode as a result of not taking her meds, she used to be really bad like I'd hear her up in the middle of the night sitting in the dark whispering to herself. When she had a full blown episode and we had to take her to the hospital she was just going on about these insane delusions that people were trying to get her or harm her. I never really understood how someone could lose their grip on reality like that until I had a psychotic episode myself, it was like being in a totally different world and you sincerely believe that those delusions are real and they're impossible to ignore. Anyway my mom's pretty much fine now and I rarely get into a state like that now.
>>
>>36037340
my cousin has drug-induced schizophrenia, we've only seen him maybe 3 times and it's kinda scary yeah. Wouldn't want to be alone with the guy. Sorry anon.

Can someone explain to me the cannabis link? I know it's known for inducing schizophrenia but as well as that I think my cousin self-medicates with it from what I've heard.
>>
>>36037488
Weed amplifies psychotic symptoms with a lot of schizos. Though it's not absolute, some even find it helps them.
>>
>>36037340
close friends brother has it. he casually mentions hearing voices and stuff like wanting to die or being really angry, does a ton of drugs. but hes like coherent enough to keep himself out of mental wards or whatever. hes been in and out of prison for various things.
i guess im a bit more guarded around him but i don't think hes really that dangerous (for me anyway). or anyway i don't interact with him that much so i've never seen him be scary, but i know his folks have had to call the cops on him before. hes kind of in a slightly better place now than then, because he has some meds that kind of help him (though they turn him into a zombie). its mostly when he does drugs that things get really bad again.
hes actually a really sweet guy hes just like... internally going through something really intense.
my friend said it would be best if his brother just dies but he'd be really sad about that too. but as is i guess he kind of died in his 20s and now just exists as some crazy person. so idk.
>>
>>36037340
See that painting by the schizophrenic person?

You are him. That is you in reality. Schizophrenic people are aware of this and it stops them from functioning in this delusional universe.

You are a brain in a vat. Remember the movie "The Matrix"? It's not just a movie

Now you know.
>>
you dont know me or my story. dont y9u knoe=w i got Qi by the 3 when i chuurp shawwwty vhirp back
>>
File: 1486685522986.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1486685522986.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>36037340
my dad has schizophrenia and honestly it just pisses me off

no, grandma isn't trying to poison me with her food
no, the 80 year old lady next door is not the head of a fucking gang
no, the kids playing outside aren't drug addicts
no, i don't have acne and bad sight because evil doctors took me away from you and fucked my shit up out of jealousy because apparently i'm a genious
shut the fuck up dad
>>
Luckily I don't have the version of schizophrenia that includes hallucinations or anything telling me to do bad or violent things.
>>
How do I know if my friend is a schizo? He's definitely bipolar or something.
>>
File: 1347424150710.jpg (497KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1347424150710.jpg
497KB, 1280x1707px
>>36037340
>whats it like knowing someone who does?

Knew two people who had it.

One would be borderline psychotic, recording info and trying to catfish dick pics whenever she could for potential blackmail. she also accused someone of rape to intentionally ruin their life.

The other was an extremely tedious friendship that was hard to maintain because the other person would isolate themselves to the point there was no way to reconcile anything negative that happened.

Overall, life is better not knowing or being friends with someone who has schizophrenia in my personal experience.
>>
>>36037912
>implying the way the hallucinations act is part of the disease
Most schizos just also happen to be a bunch of victim complex insecurity riddled losers
>>
>>36038207
Look up the symptoms.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml

If he matches some of the symptoms, don't get carried away. Diagnosing someone with a severe mental illness is a doctors job
>>
>>36038308
>Most schizos just also happen to be a bunch of victim complex insecurity riddled losers

too true...
>>
>>36037601
Most often this
People are trained to believe that the extraordinary is incredulous. So out of the norm behavior, outburts, acting weird, it's always "irrational" only because one assumes that they are correct and not that they are lacking information.

Not always though. Sometimes someone's just fucking with you.
>>
I have paranoid schizophrenia
It sucks
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.