[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I have learned.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I have been alive for 40 years.

It has been 22 years since I was in high school, and still I think about those happy days every day. My friends, who were yet to be ruined by drugs or by drink or divorce or by death or the myriad failures that can happen to you in Life.

How much I wish I could go back to those days.
How grateful I am to have found myself where I am now.

A wife whom I love with all my heart and who, stunningly, loves me too. A son whom I love more than I ever thought I could love someone. A daughter on the way. Truly God has blessed me.

I think I am going to die. Soon. But then I think 40 year old men think about things like that. When I was 20, I was invincible.

I am no wise man.

I learned almost every important lesson in my life by making a painful mistake. It is like learning how not to touch a hot stove by burning yourself.

These are things other people told me that stood the test of time.

1. Mark Twain was right. The secret of life is to fall in love young, and stay there.

2. Change your location and you change. If you ever feel like you're in a rut, or are just unhappy in life - contact a recruiter, get a job in another state and buy a bus ticket. Seriously. Move somewhere nobody knows and you get to be the version of yourself that makes you happy. People call it running away from your problems. Fuck them. Run. Run and feel the freedom.

3. Your heart is going to give out. This is a weird one. When your young, your heart beats strong and it gives you some kind of strong passion. As you get older, the muscles in your heart give out, and with it go your passion, your bravery, your ambition, your strength. EVERYTHING must happen when you're young. It's a physical thing. I shouldn't have drunk so much alcohol

4. Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of action, when experiencing fear. A better way to put it would be to say,
>>
File: k10.jpg (24KB, 524x386px) Image search: [Google]
k10.jpg
24KB, 524x386px
>>36036217
Holy shit, no, fuck off
>>
4 is the only post that hit me.
Thank you anon
go vegan btw
>>
5. Indiana Jones was right, "I'll think of something" is a great way to go through life. Trust me - none of this shit makes any sense. So planning for it is insanity. If opportunity presents itself, take it. Work it out on the fly. Nobody notices. The whole system is built on the idea that you are a qualified moron that knows nothing but can learn fast. Take advantage of it.
>>
>>36036217
get on trt
>>
>>36036260

6. Faggots abound. Eviscerate them on principle
>>
7. Try to see as much of the world as you can. You only get one rodeo, friend. Make it last
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.