[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feels thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: england.jpg (35KB, 720x432px) Image search: [Google]
england.jpg
35KB, 720x432px
What brings you here on this Tuesday night in particular?
>>
Guess I'll start then. Tonight, I realized that a huge part of my problems originate in growing up in an unstable family. My father developed some mental problems after a car accident, and that tore my family apart. Occasionally he'd explode into rage from nowhere and I'd be scared for my health. In other instances, he played me against my sister where I was the "golden child" and he tried to make us hate each other. A few years before the divorce, my family dissolved completely, we'd go entire days during the summer with nonstop screaming, and the cops would show up. By the age of 16, I was desensitized to it and either ignored it totally or laughed it off.

Now, I realize that reaction has been my undoing. I'm indifferent to everything, and have lost pleasure in almost all my hobbies. Speaking to a therapist hasn't worked, taking walks hasn't worked, and anti-depressants probably won't work. The answer seems obvious: I need to probe deep, be it with drugs or meditation or deep thought, and tear out the problem myself so I can feel again.

I guess it's an amateurish thought, but at this point it's all I have to go by.
>>
>>36033800
Replace Car accident with work related injury, and sister with brother and you've got my childhood. Incredible
>>
>>36034059
Interesting. Have you had any issues with Anhedonia, apathy, emotional numbness, and/or lack of energy? If not, what do you have?
>>
File: AuvFZiW.png (213KB, 638x422px) Image search: [Google]
AuvFZiW.png
213KB, 638x422px
It's really easy to justify your own thoughts. I can't tell if I'm slipping back into depression right now, or if it's temporary phenibut withdrawals. Accomplished a lot of productive things today, just to fight my thoughts, yet here I am on r9k at 12am (rookie hours I know) wondering if I'm no different from the betas who live here.

Pic unrelated
>>
Not much just browsing. Going to get drunk tonight most likely and hit the bars by myself and see what happens. I'll probably come home and play some LoL

I am an alcoholic trying to cut back, I don't drink as much as I used to though. I'm not really depressed at all
>>
>>36034116
Bi-polar disorder that emerged at around 15 years.
For most of my childhood I was entirely apathetic/emotionally numb etc. but it's very slowly getting better. I've seen shitty therapists and accomplished nothing except losing shit loads of money.

Just read up on anhedronia and that sounds pretty accurate.
>>
>>36034289
Sucks, man. Pretty confident that my father has Bipolar Disorder, and it basically ruined his life. Glad to hear you're getting better though.
>>
>>36034318
Thanks mate, I wish you the best.
>>
I've reached the point where I'm even tired of fucking complaining about my problems.
I think at some point I'm just going to stop speaking entirely.
>>
I wish I wasn't such a fuckup. All I do is spend money on blow and feel sorry for myself.
At least I didn't buy any tonight. Instead I'm just drinking until I can sleep. Not much better
>>
Drinking whiskey and thinking about how a certain traumatic incident from middle school is probably responsible for a whole series of shitty behaviors that have continued into my adulthood, and how I somehow haven't put two and two together until just now.
>>
I was awake until 5am reading a book. I took a couple of antihistamine pills to help me sleep and didn't get up until past noon.

I worked from 5pm to 10pm, came home, and then wrote three articles for a legal website I'm an independent contractor for. That took about an hour and a half. Afterward, I went outside, threw the rain cover over my motorcycle, and opened my laptop to /r9k/.

I'll stick around for twenty or thirty minutes, finish reading my book, take a break to learn a few new words in Hindi, and then start on another of the novels I purchased last week.

In a month and three days, I'll be in Ecuador. Four weeks after I return, I'll be on my way to Mexico, Egypt, and Tanzania. Whether I'll come back in September isn't decided, but I'll be happy to leave and obtain the privilege of discretion.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.