[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you guys do in high school? Academically and socially.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 22

File: fdd.png (290KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fdd.png
290KB, 600x600px
How did you guys do in high school? Academically and socially.
>>
F on both

Thank God my parents were Princeton alums, I got in base on thst
>>
>>36030270
Academically I excelled. Socially, I got taken in out of pity, but it only existed in school/classes. No one was my friend outside of school.
>>
>>36030323
Funny. My mom is a Cornell grad but didn't even let me apply to it because she said it was hell on earth. What I've heard from my friends, she's right.
>>
>academically
Literally the embodiment of decent

>socially
I felt too cool to chill with the nerds and have fun and was not nearly cool enough for the cool kids, so I was awkwardly chilling with both of them
>>
>>36030353

How much money has she given to Cornell? My parents give a ton and know higher ups there
>>
>>36030270
Academically i was pretty much an f student. Only graduated hs with a 2.0 gpa because i would fail classes and take them in "adult ed" which was basically just taking quizzes on a computer program

Socially i was even worse. Eventually i just gave up eating lunch because sitting by myself got too awkward even for me, and just went to the library to pass the time until the next period. The positives of this is that i lost weight. I was obese.

Im 24 kv neet now. I blame my parents for the way i fuckin ended up. And deep down they know it is their fucking fault.
>>
>>36030270
>High School
I did worse and worse as I got toward senior year. Especially anything math related. But I managed to graduate.

>Socially
Terrible. Only had like two friends that I talked to. Other than that I talked to no one.
>>
>>36030338
I feel like everybody here either did extremely poorly or well academically, and was ok to autitist socially. I've never met somebody who was a "usually B to A- in one class or on a good day"

That said I went to a competitive private school, so maybe in public school it's really just effort vs literally no effort.
>>
>>36030270
I dropped out

I thought most of you faggots did
>>
>>36030270
Academically: average. Did horrible my first two years because I skipped school a lot and did not do my work when I was there. Was a straight-A student my final two years, though.

Socially: horrendous. I went to a rural high school that was very cliquish; you were either a hick or a yuppie soccer kid. Did not fit in with either group and my introversion exacerbated that dramatically. I was the loner of my class, never went to prom or anything.
>>
>>36030358
Wow, literally me
>>
>>36030382
Hardly any. She used to before she had me, but then she stopped working. Probably has few connections now.
>>
I graduated with a 3.1. I barely remember ever taking schoolwork home except for AP calc. Other than calc, I mostly took standard classes.

Socially I was mostly invisible after a rough three years in middle school. Never dated, didn't join sports or clubs, didn't go to prom or drink or party. I did find a few friends that were like myself.
>>
>>36030270
I slept all day, mostly As and Bs. A couple of F-Cs in places for stuff I couldn't give two craps about. Mostly Math and Spanish, I hated the teachers. Got a D in English 9 once because I didn't want to read To Kill A Mockingbird and didn't take the test.

I rarely did homework, rarely was awake in class, but I was alright, basically average. I know I shouldn't have been that though, should have gotten Straight As just fine, but eh, whatever.

Socially I was fine, I was fairly popular and liked.
>>
File: 1481615455646.png (224KB, 823x706px) Image search: [Google]
1481615455646.png
224KB, 823x706px
>Academically
Dropped out senior year because I'm a hopeless retard when it comes to math. I'm also terrible at expressing myself so refused to ever write essays or opinion pieces.
>socially
Literally went the whole 4 years without ever speaking to a fellow student.
>>
Did pretty well... straight As, 12 APs, three season student athlete, had around 5 or 6 close friends but more acquaintances, 250+ hours of volunteering, scientific research over the summer, ethnic minority.... was accepted and planned on going to Stanford after I finished high school. But things always go wrong... got a girlfriend my senior year of high school... fucking roastie broke up with me around late January and I just got so depressed I gave up. Stopped doing any work, stayed in bed all day, missed school over 20 times from Jan to June. Ended up failing most of my classes for second semester, fucking up my transcript, and ultimately got rescinded and had to attend my local meme state school.
>>
>>36030391
Math was and still is the hardest shit ever but everybody says it's easy and "logical"
>>
>>36030463
>fucking roastie broke up with me around late January and I just got so depressed I gave up.

Weak as hell. Just kill yourself.
>>
>>36030270
I did pretty well academically. I got nearly straight A's, with a few B's here and there. Couldn't have asked for much better.

Socially most people knew of me but I wasn't "popular" or anything. I only had like 3-4 friends I was super close to and could tell anything to. That was my group. Honestly that's all you really need so, in retrospect it was a good situation.
>>
>>36030463
Have you every heard the Tragedy of Anon the Normie?
>>
great in academics
okay socially; I had divorced parents so my house became the place to drink, do drugs, and fuck
most of the people didn't give a shit about me and dropped me the moment they could just do those things wherever, but it was nice to think I had friends for a while
>>
>>36030509
I'm still suicidal
>>
>>36030549
Well no shit, you're commenting on /r9k/
>>
Anyone who had a girlfriend in high school is not a robot.
>>
>>36030270
In highschool I did very well academically, A's and B's mostly, and probably was at my peak intelligence in 12th grade, when I took 3 AP classes and spent almost all my free time on my classes.
Socially, I was basically normie-tier at the time (With the exception of romantic relationships, never had gf). I went to a college-prep charter school, which was pretty small, so pretty much everybody in the same grade knew each other. I had plenty of friends, and lots of acquaintances. In classes I had with friends, I would sometimes even say a joke out loud for the whole class when appropriate, and they would almost always laugh. I had a few really good friends who I still talk to occasionally over the summer and play vidya with them.
The school overall was very robot/cyborg friendly, there really wasn't that much social division as there is in other schools, which was nice. People actually valued intelligence in AP classes especially, and it felt really good when I would get the highest score on math quizes/tests in AP Calc.
Basically, I really miss high-school. In college I'm unable to make friends, it's not an environment I can really thrive in socially. So basically I've gone from being an almost-normie cyborg to an almost robot-cyborg.
>>
>>36030480
lmao m8 that;s because it is easy and logical
>>
File: 1491266950327.jpg (162KB, 959x721px) Image search: [Google]
1491266950327.jpg
162KB, 959x721px
>>36030594
Well maybe for people with an IQ higher than the number of animes they have watched
>>
File: 1434258294405.png (1MB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1434258294405.png
1MB, 645x773px
>>36030270
>grades always sucked
>had a small handful of friends in elementary school
>had like 2 friends in middle school
>by the time i hit high school i had none left

i sat alone at lunch while chads threw food at me and their slut gfs laughed about it

i dropped out freshman year and honestly don't regret it
>>
>>36030270
4.0 weighted GPA, high honors. Got mostly As and Bs, but got mostly Cs in English.
>>
>>36030270

I almost dropped out and for the first half of it I only had two or three friends. I changed schools midway through and had 0 friends for the rest of it.
>>
>>36030647
What are you up to now? Also you must have done it as soon as you could being 16 freshman year.
>>
>>36030690
Dude how? I get straight C+s in math but English just comes to me easily, like write the whole essay during lunch and still get an A easily. Does that mean I'm not a true robot or does it make me more of one?
>>
>>36030709
making food in a gas station for 10 bucks an hour

still have never lived on my own or had a gf

end my life
>>
File: e2b.jpg (25KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
e2b.jpg
25KB, 428x500px
Academically: meh. Got ACD in my A-levels.

Socially: Also meh. Was invited to parties dozens of times, but only went to a handful because of social anxiety and my parents wouldn't let me go. But had a good circle of friends at school who I miss and am still in contact with occasionally.
>>
Pretty good academically

Socially I'd say average
>>
>>36030778
At least it isn't stressful, right? I mean, you've already failed so you don't need to fear failure or feel driven towards "success", right?
>>
Got bullied so much to the point where I went to school as little as possible. The days I did go were only half days and in a sort of exclusion unit for the naughty wannabe hard nuts.

As you can probably guess, I did shit on the exams with bottom scores for english and math which were the only ones I took.
>>
>>36030807
oh no its a stressful job alright especially during rush hours and one of your co-workers is a bitch that's always nasty to your sperg ass

i'm trying to finish my GED so i can maybe go work for amtrak

its not a childhood dream or anything i just think getting paid to ride a train all day won't suck and'll be enjoyable
>>
>>36030864
It would be better, yeah. What were your childhood dreams?
>>
Socially, I had very few friends and we were all a bunch of nerds. Nothing in terms of partying or having cool kid friends. Grew up a sheltered teen who fed on animu and RPG games much like my friends did. No gf, no sex, no girl friend aside from that one ugly girl who was into medieval LARP who I could never hang with or with her band of pretend prancing princes in leather trenchcoats because even as a total fucking Deviantart tier weeb I couldn't stand the medieval LARP crew for being so goddamn fucking lame. Got bullied constantly, avoided certain crowds and certain alleyways.

Academically I also failed pretty much everything until I dropped out at 17.

At home I had a castrating step mother who pretty much killed any chance I would have of inviting girls over because not only was my family weird as fuck, but she refused I ever go to parties or even leave the house during weekdays. The only slack I ever had was during the weekend with no one else but my nerd friends to hang with.

The irony in all of this is that 11 years later, today, I'm extremelly well adjusted, making new acquaintances and friends constantly, flirty with the women who likes me in general. Have a very neutral sex life, but I get some once in a while. I'm pretty much a goddamn fucking normie. I still hang with my nerd friends, been knowing these motherfuckers for 17 years now. I live with 2 of them currently.

I grew up with the perfect recipe to make a school shooter and despite being a fucking wreck most of my early adult life, I, somehow, made it.
>>
>academically
I got Bs generally.

>socially
I'd sit with some other nerds at lunch, but, we never hung out outside of school. I was thankful to have them though.
>>
>>36030919
I like technology

I always wanted to either make games or do something with computers

But that'll never happen because I'm dumb as a rock and college in the year 2017 is nothing but a debt trap
>>
>>36030270
>Academically and socially.

Complete mediocrity.

I was only really able to focus on thins that I actually enjoyed, so I was put in basic math & basic sciences with stoners and retards while a lot of my friends were in the more advanced levels. I did extremely well in languages and biology and music and other classes.

One thing that I had to do was intentionally fail English. Long story short I live in Quebec and went to a French school where English was taught as a second language. Since I was raised in both languages I was in the advanced classes. Those classes were hell on earth because they were basically just improv classes. Normies would make each other laugh while I just spilled spaghetti in front of everyone. When I then got put in the 2nd level for English I was not only in a class with most of my friends but we were actually learning English and reading books and shit, rather than doing shit improv.

Speaking of friends, that's a term to use loosely.

I didn't really have any real friends, we were just a bunch of loner kids more or less on the spectrum or with major issues who jus gravitated to That Kid's lunch table and hung out with each other by default. Even on weekends and stuff, but a year after we graduated we stopped being in touch with like 90% of each other and a few years after that my high school friends were all a memory.

I was one of the more alpha of the betas, I guess. I did manage to hook up with a girl after high school while most of those kids now are 30 year old KHV wizards. We would also often bully other kids within our group of friends, despite being bullying targets ourselves.
>>
>>36031050
Honestly, it's such a common dream among robots and redditors that so many go into coding and end up doing boring shit.
>>
File: face.png (515KB, 1155x824px) Image search: [Google]
face.png
515KB, 1155x824px
>>36030270
I dropped out of highschool when I was 16. I'm 26 now and I began picking up the pieces of my past.

I've enrolled into a community college and had straight A+s but it's community college so not really impressive.

Socially, I don't really care for people. Have zero friends and I'm happy with that.
>>
B/C student, with As in maths and physics
>>
File: 1458334066455.png (679KB, 600x755px) Image search: [Google]
1458334066455.png
679KB, 600x755px
>>36030270
It was beeetter than elementary school on which i just spent all my free time praying on the school church, but wait no actually it was more shitty because i was more anxious. I was a disgusting mess back then, only washed my hair with hair conditioner (dunno if thats the name) so it was all wavy and looked dirty, and girls didnt speak to me that much and guys neither, i had some friends but i was very unstable and cried a lot so people didnt pay me much attention. Mostly no one cared about me? On my free time i went to my hiding place and ate alone, that shit was really relaxing, it was a very great place. And academically i have always been THE AVERAGEST., if not sorta dumb
>>
Academically was among top 20 students. Socially I had a few friends but was kind of a loner.
Then I went to college and failed half my classes and didn't talk to a single person my whole time there.
>>
>>36030270
>academically
decent enough, I ended up going to the best flagship state university afterwards with a bit of a scholarship.
>socially
9th and the beginning of 10th were the just fuck my shit up years, in 11th my friend group started to solidify, and senior year I quit dressing like a king autist. unfortunately I was small and never looked older than 16 at any point in high school
>>
File: mybio.jpg (59KB, 496x615px) Image search: [Google]
mybio.jpg
59KB, 496x615px
>>36030270
>Academically
Did good in Art and History, Was in learning support Math all 4 years. I'm in Community college and I failed math last semester. gonna fail next semester.
>Socially
Had a very small group of friends, not popular, no gf, never went to prom and still virgin.
>>
>>36030270
Academically: Straight Bs, but top-tier SAT scores

Socially: I was decent at sports (basketball and lacrosse) so I was able to ride on the coattails of Chads. I'd get invited along to parties, invited to sit with them at lunch, etc., I wasn't cool but I wasn't strange so I was tolerated.
>>
File: 1490580391217.jpg (13KB, 236x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490580391217.jpg
13KB, 236x302px
>>36030386
>>36030391
>>36030404
>>36030444
>>36030647
>>36030705
>>36030939
>>36031320

There is hope for this board after all.
>>
>>36031491
Seems like half the people here are either drop-out failures, or quite above average academically.
>>
>>36031082
I just don't want to be doing this food shit forever. I'm honestly thinking about blowing my brains out if I don't have a job that I don't despise when I'm 35.
>>
>>36030270
>academically
Did pretty good imo. 3.73 gpa, upwards of 600 volunteer hours and ~4 years of internships and such. No sports or clubs though.
>socially
Did decently. Had a few good friends and many other acquaintances. Had good bit of leverage because I was and still am huge (broke 6'2 freshman year.)

Feels decent man
>>
>>36030270
D and C's. Had a 2.4 GPA
>>
>>36030939
How the fuck did you make it? I'm in your exact same situation, friends, grades, and all.
>>
>>36030270
>Academically
Had a 3.0 upon graduating. Did a fuckload APs so my weighted was like a 3.8 . The bulk of my fuckups were the first two years where my work ethic wasnt up to par with where it should've been.
>Socially
Was kind of funny in class and some people found my autism charming, but the more anyone got to know me the less they wanted anything to do with me. I had a million acquaintances, but almost no friends.
Also never had a gf. At the time I told myself i was a complete person and didn't need anyone else, but the truth is that i wouldn't have been able to sustain any relationship and it be best not to waste people's time.
>>
File: pat b.gif (497KB, 500x197px) Image search: [Google]
pat b.gif
497KB, 500x197px
>>36030270
Solid D Student

Hung out with the 'weird' stoners and skaters that the chad & stacy stoners and skaters didn't like
>>
>>36030270
>Academically
Aweful
>Socially
Pretty bad, i only have like 2 friends. The rest stopped talking to me pretty much the day after graduating.
>>
>academically
was pretty advanced, finished high school's math curriculum in 10th grade, full latin curriculum in 11th grade (while taking ancient greek two years too) Had a lot of time in the library with no class which i spent writing edgy flyers that i distributed to the school and learning python.

>socially
aside from the flyers, which people liked, I didn't have any friends. I had girlfriends through most of high school, but aside from that, no social life.
>>
>>36030270
Half decent in highschool. Ended up with 3.6 gpa
>I screwed up my freshman year hard(dealing with death of father).

>sophomore year was meh
>jr, year I took my education seriously. Took 2 AP classes and and a honors course
>senior year I took 2 AP classes and 2 honors classes but I ended up slacking off.

Social life was jack shit since I went to 5 different highschools.
>>
Academically, started in classes for dipshits who need extra help, then worked my way to the top
Socially
Had literally nobody besides my gf I got first month of Freshman year , who I'm still with
>>
>Academically
Straight A's. 9 APs. that sort of shit.
>Socially
F---. No friends, never spoke to anybody.

For what it's worth I failed out of college, college is very different
>>
>>36030463
How can someone be this weak minded?
>>
>>36032791
This
I'm sure she was great and all anon, but fucking up your life for some bitch?
>>
3.63 unweight gpa, 4.00 weighted gpa
2130 SAT, 32 or something ACT
UCSD undergrad
3.65 cumulative GPA, 3.8 science GPA
36P MCAT
Mid ranked midwest MD school
234 step1
257 step2
>>
File: 1490940771579.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1490940771579.png
64KB, 658x901px
>go to secondary school
>get placed in the 'advanced' stream classes
>probably above average in that stream
>not even particularly smart
I never gave it much thought but most people in my school must have been pretty fucking dumb.
>>
still in hs btw

>academically

good. mostly As with Bs in classes like AP Calc and a few other toptoptop tiers. made a 35 on ACT which was baller but im pretty sure it was mostly luck, people smarter than me made 28s and 31s.

>socially

not the best...? but im sure thats what everyone thinks. dont go to parties/drink, not because im a fag who says no to those sort of things but because the people who do are idiots who are beneath me or whores with no interest in me.

kissless virgin but not worried about it, starting my first relationship thatll last over 2 dates. havent made any bold moves because she's been my friend since we were little, dont wanna scare her off. Prom's saturday but she's one of "those" girls who's "against the concept of these social dick-comparison events" but i dont care because now i get to spend saturday night playing ssb with her instead of watching drunk whores throw ass on meatheads

so that
>>
>>36032923
>>get placed in the 'advanced' stream classes
those are called "clases avandas" where I live, and I was a part of those classes. and to get there you only have to not be completely braindead because everyone that's not there is just either too lazy or too dumb.

still dropped out of College because too dumb, College weeds out the the actual smarties from the brainlets (i.e me)
>>
>>36030270
I was a C/B student with zero friends.
>>
Cs and Ds Freshman year.
All Fs my sophomore year.
Took me 5 years to graduate.

Just about everyone seemed to like me.
I think I was slightly socially retarded so I did not keep many contacts but I still have a few good friends.
>>
School was too easy, dropped out

Talented socially (but I don't like people so it doesn't matter)

Before you call me a normie, or you know what, I don't even care, fuck you
>>
>>36030270
was doing fairly decent freshman year academically till I dropped out

socially it was fucking horrible. the kids all thought I was mentally retarded because I looked like 10 years older than I was and was awkward as fuck. being a shy 15 year old in essentially a 25 year old man's body is very uncomfortable.
>>
File: 1f8.jpg (81KB, 680x906px) Image search: [Google]
1f8.jpg
81KB, 680x906px
>>36030270
86% GPA
People were fake nice to me though since I was the autistic kid
>>
>>36030270
Academically
>Drop out
socially
>Drop out
still went to college
>dropped out
>0 friends
>>
>>36033005
College is more about efficient work ethic than anything. If you're just reasonably smart then you can coast through school which sets you up for the fall especially if you end up studying something you don't really give a shit about.
>>
>>36030270
>average grades, got a 3.1 or something. Got an award for physics senior year
>socially I did terrible, Khv, I occasionally talk to two dudes once every year or so. My excuse was that I knew nobody at that school when I first started. I wasn't too popular. I did attach a padlock to one of the popular douchebag's belt loop once. When I got my first engineering job, mommy took me to get work clothes and one of the people that went to my high-school that never said a word to me was working at the register. Asked me what I was doing with my life and I said I was an engineer, she was then the most talkative she'd ever been.

Graduated hs 6 years ago
>>
File: 1437356330266.jpg (158KB, 1015x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1437356330266.jpg
158KB, 1015x1015px
>>36030270
hs: valedictorian (4.0), not very social
college: 3.6 gpa, not very social
life's okay.
>>
>>36030338
A lot of robots on here were the same way socially and academically. Otherwise they were poor academically.
>>
fucking brainchads, get the fuck off my board
>>
Did good grade wise and got an assload of scholarship money. I only had one real friend though, and every day I just sat alone in the library doing homework. Pretty comfy really.
>>
I was pretty smart according to everyone around me but I was lazy and hated school so I dropped out.

socially I did decent because I had good charisma apparently but often I didn't talk to anyone outside of school because I stayed in my room depressed.
>>
2.9 GPA, but I was fairly popular. I didn't have many close friends, but I was very well known at my school
>>
I was a B-/C+ student with the except of math which I did Multivariable, Linear Algebra, ordinary differential equations, and a logic while in 11th and 12th grade at my local public college. I was a lazy fucker and math was the only thing that excited me.

Socially I hung out with introverted asian people (I'm black)
>>
File: 1474084002958.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1474084002958.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
Academics were too easy so I stopped trying and got bad grades.

Socializing was too hard so I stopped trying and had no friends.
>>
>>36030358
Same lmao

Original school system needed
>>
>>36030270
>Academically
Fantastic, got a full ride scholarship to college which I just finished.

>>36030270
>socially
awful, but considering that I'm the son of two obese lesbians, I think I held my own pretty well. still pretty resentful at how much of a setback that was in my life
>>
>>36030270
>Academically

Pretty well. Took math and physics classes at the local college (average-to-below-average state shool) and got A+s in all of them.

>Socially

Ha
>>
>>36030480
It's pretty easy. It's the little details that are a pain in the ass
>>
>Academically
I got progressively worse as secondary school went on, by the end i didn't even bother turning up for my classes or doing any of the work required but i still graduated somehow.
>socially
Had some friends from primary school in the beginning but the last couple of years i just sat by myself or went to the library.

During our graduation ceremony there was a slideshow of pictures taken throughout our time at the school and i'm fairly certain i was the only person in the entire year that wasn't in at least one of them.
>>
>>36030463
Hey, whatever everyone else says, I can sympathize with you. Both my friend and I got fucked over by Stacies and it fucked us both up pretty bad.

I overcame my depression a few months ago, but my friend isn't doing very well. He's living off the bottle while locking himself up in his room, not doing shit all day. He made it into med school but depression hit him pretty hard, and now he just drinks; the only tether he really has to reality now is ironically the constant torment of knowing how hard he got fucked over.

Anyways, yeah. It really sucks. You're not alone here, man. I know it doesn't really mean much coming from an anon on 4chan, but for what it's worth, iktf
>>
>>36030270
I used to have massive panic attacks that made me skip school ALOT, but I was smart enough to play it cool when I was around people so they thought I'm one of those laid-back guys who don't really care about school and prefer to smoke weed instead and that made people like me
>>
File: cat_banan.jpg (30KB, 456x577px) Image search: [Google]
cat_banan.jpg
30KB, 456x577px
I maintained a 3.3 GPA my entire time in high school. A couple AP classes here and there, too. It would have gotten me accepted to some decent university, but since I had no money or significant scholarship opportunities I settled for community college.

People are generally vapid, or maybe I'm the one that's so. I generally have difficulty connecting with people so I would just read in the library; it was okay. I did have a small circle of friends, though. I couldn't ask for more.
>>
Did alright academically my first year, but awful socially. I made a core group of friends, but I was still that guy to most people. Sophomore year everything went into the shitter; grades plummet, become more withdrawn. Depressive episode and shit. Junior year I get a bit better at the social stuff; still seen as weird, but most people have come to appreciate me on some level. Grades still shit. Senior year I really peaked socially. General lack of fucks to give goes along way and I end up respected by my classmates underclassmen alike. Lost class election by two votes, which was really cool because I just wanted to see how well I could do against the normalfag campaign. Ended up becoming captain of a sports team, was well regarded by my teammates and coach. God drafted into school musical; something I would never have agreed to before and did alright on stage. Had a great time at prom. Grades were shit, but I got accepted to relatively selective colleges with decent scholarship amounts.
It's just been downhill from there. I can't believe how much I miss it, honestly. Or maybe I just miss the friends I had. Haven't spoken to any of them, aside from a steam chat, in about a year now.
>>
>>36030270
I was ALMOST a chad senior year because I punched out a nigger who was freaking out at a group of white girls

he got expelled for a year because it was like his tenth infraction or some shit, I got 3 days

everybody thought I was the coolest fucking guy but then we all graduated a week later and I never saw any of them again
>>
>>36030270
failed almost everything, got 0s in classes before I dropped out because I always got suspended or just left in the middle of class and never did any school work
>>
Did alright academically, took the easier version of most classes. 70-80 in most, barely passed science. Highschool is really easy when you take the easy classes, any dumbass can graduate if they do the same.
>>
dropped out and got a GED. socially it was too much for me.
>>
>>36030270
Academically, I was average, but I was exceptionally good at foreign languages and history. Struggled a lot with math classes and chemistry. Graduated successfully, now working a desk job, so not a NEET, but still living with my parents, which will hopefully not be a case soon.

Socially, slightly below average. I was bullied on for being socially awkward such as for shaky hands when I recited something in front of class. My best friend in HS was some stoner kid, also was good friends with some of the other quiet kids. Somewhere around 12th grade I got my first gf and lost virginity, she accidently admitted it and word got around, which suddenly made the bullies to respect me and they didn't bully me anymore.

My HS was a mixed bag of strong negative and positive emotions all at once.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1489258656040.jpg (78KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489258656040.jpg
78KB, 960x960px
I did really well in high school. I had a 3.7 gpa, and a good social life, and money. I took some college level classes, not too many (some people took all AP but they were crazy). Junior and senior year were.. Interesting. I worked about 30-35 hours a week after school, so I had pretty good money for a high school kid. But I was always fucking exhausted. I got about 3 hours of sleep a night, staying up till 3 am doing homework (work was over at 11 or 12 usually). I slept multiple times a day, sometimes throughout an entire class. I was really good at retaining info from lectures though, and I always aced tests regardless of my notorious sleep habits. I had a lot of friends in school, and from work.

Nobody probably cares but I'm going to continue because things changed for college
>>
File: 1488228599563.jpg (13KB, 364x368px) Image search: [Google]
1488228599563.jpg
13KB, 364x368px
>Academically
Did pretty well up until 3rd year when I became a lazy piece of shit who kept procrastinating instead of studying.
I barely managed to scrape out a college position in the end.

>socially
There were a couple of guys I talked to during lunch and I haven't seen them since I graduated.
I'm honestly too scared to ever contact anyone from school again, they've probably all got gf's and college degrees now while I'm a virgin NEET who failed at life.
>>
>>36030270
It took me going to 3 high schools to graduate but I'm 19 and making $14 an hour now so it worked out well
>>
>>36030270
Academically I got straight 10s

Socially I say it was a 0
>>
>>36038273
I actually for a fact know some people from my HS who where quite popular kids but peaked in high school and now work entry-level bluecollar jobs to sustain a gf or a family.

I seriously wouldn't call that winning at life. At least when you are a NEET you can slowly start taking college preparatory courses and actually get a degree in a good field to eventually land a sweet job, while these blue-collar manual labour types are at a dead end since they don't have any energy left after work and dealing with the family to dedicate any time to self-improval or career advancement.
>>
Did anyone else's highschool have final exam exemptions? That shit fucked me up when I finally did one in college. Why is it even allowed?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482705115367.jpg (19KB, 499x328px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482705115367.jpg
19KB, 499x328px
>>36038260
So, continuing.
Due to my good grades I was accepted to a local university I was interested in for the Biotechnology program. I also earned a scholarship, paying just over half my tuition so long as I keep a 3.5 gpa over the 4 years. I was so optimistic and ambitious, everything was working out. The university is like 5 mins away from my house, so I'm just living here with my parents. A little bit into the first semester my long distance boyfriend of 2 years came to live with me. Everything was looking up. School wasn't necessarily easy, but I was still pulling A's. In fact I curved the midterm for my bio class with a 102/100 with a class avg. of 60.

But then I was depressed. I've always had depression but I was able to cope with it, and it didn't effect me too much. This time, it hit harder than ever before just after midterms. I couldn't focus, I was stressed, not doing my work. Eventually I was skipping classes and just sleeping. I was so frustrated and stressed and depressed, so I just gave up. I told my school I was gonna take a medical leave. Of course, the damage was already done, I went from A's to below the threshold of my scholarship.

I was never one to ask for help but I decided I really did need help. So I tried to see a psychiatrist and I struggled with my insurance company not paying for the doctor and such, so it took months to actually start getting help. My car also broke, an electrical problem that I've been trying to figure out for a few months.

Gonna continue again. Wonder if anyone cares to read
>>
File: imgres.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Academically - straight A's despite very little work and constantly getting into trouble for disrupting class.

Socially - was considered a bit weird but the cool kids wanted to hang out with me because I was 'artsy and mysterious'. Lost virginity at 16. Had many normie characteristics but deep down I'm in an eternal reee screech.
>>
>>36038529
You got straight A's, hung out with all the cool kids, and lost your virginity at 16, and you have the gall to call yourself a robot?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487330054311.jpg (9KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487330054311.jpg
9KB, 384x384px
>>36038446
At this point I was hopeless, with a broken car, no psychiatrist, no job or school. Not to mention the lack of motivation and happiness.

While this is happening my boyfriend is looking for jobs for a few months. He applied to at least.. 40 or 50 places and didn't get a call back from pretty much any. I wasn't really concerned with this at the time because I was focused on my own mental health.

I was already at my lowest point of my life, and then it gets worse. My boyfriend tells me he's leaving in 6 hours and starts packing his shit. Apparently he already had a job lined up, and had an apartment back in his home state. And I didn't know about any of this until it was too late and he was leaving. So now he's gone. And so is his dog. I fucking loved that dog more than anything else, honestly the only thing that made me happy. Things weren't perfect between us, but give me a break I'm going through some shit. I just wish I had a chance to change his mind. Fuck.

So this is where I'm at now, anons. I just started antidepressants 2 weeks ago, but it's gonna be a few weeks till they have any effect.

It was my 19th birthday yesterday, so I guess I have that going for me.
>>
C- student and never talked with anyone. Spent all my free time on vidya. Every once and a while some chads would try and bully me but I would just not react at all and they would just get bored and leave.
>>
>>36038606
I guess its just because I'm physically attractive. I've basically only ever had one night stands and fuckbuddies. No emotional connection to girls :\
>>
>>36038529
Low quality unoriginal b8 m8
>>
>>36038694
Sounds disturbingly similar to my experience, except the chads didn't even bother to bully me.
>>
>>36030270
Excellent academic grades.
My classmates generally liked me, but i was best friend with this china dude making fun of other chinese and talked about politics all day long
I did make sure to hint to my other friends I'm pretty neutral on their clique shit
>>
I was above average until the final year. Then I got caught up in too much, slacked off and got rejected from all the unis I wanted to go to. Now I spend my time doing a btec business course and watching buffy the vampire slayer. Socially I wasn't an autist, I tried my best to be friends with everyone and I could be a social guy, i could've had a girlfriend if I wasn't a retard and kept my hair long until the last year of college, but by then it was too late, my main friend group was a group of social outcasts, into anime and video games and that, our get together a involved playing video games till late and ordering pizza, whilst the rest of school were getting drunk and having sex. I have no idea what they're up to now at uni, i'm the only one who didn't go.
>>
>>36038839
High school is called college here*
>>
>>36030582
I feel you. College is different. I really miss highschool in hindsight
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.