[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JURY DUTY?! I got a letter. I have to fill out a questionnaire

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: pepescared.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepescared.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
JURY DUTY?! I got a letter. I have to fill out a questionnaire within 10 days or I am in trouble. I'm a NEET with no driver's licence or anyone to drive me around. What the fuck do I do to get out of this? I have no means of transportation and am an idiot.
>>
Does public transport not exist where you live? They expect you to be capable of finding transport to the court, and they do reimburse travel costs.

If you are incapable of public transport then you are likely physically or mentally disabled. If you want to use this as a defence, you will need to get signed off by a doctor.
>>
>>36027687
>Does public transport not exist where you live?
No. I live in the american midwest.
>>
>>36027725
Then you have a very valid reason to not go to jury duty. And I mean that in the eyes of the law. If you do not possess a car you are not capable of getting there every day.

They should exempt you.

If I was still a NEET, I would have liked to go to Jury Duty. It would be an excuse to get out of the house and doing anything other than stewing in my own filth for a little while. Maybe a chance to gain some XP socializing with others, with no risk attached. To each their own tho.
>>
You have no excuse. If you don't show up, they WILL find you and you WILL be arrested and thrown in a cell for Tyrone to demolish your cute little boipucci.
>>
>>36028015
This is true? I think that rape is only a myth in jail, isn't it? Except the weird bitch boys who are obviously flamboyant faggots who are asking for it of course.
>>
>>36028045
Work for a police department, can confirm.
>>
When they interview you, or really any chance you get mention "jury nullification"

They will find an excuse to make you leave
>>
i never went to jury duty. Nothing happened. This was at least 4 years ago.
>>
>>36028124
Maybe it would happen less if you got off your fat ass and did some work
>>
>>36027646
Call and ask them if the person standing trial is a nigger.
They'll toss you out due to bias.
>>
>>36028231
I'm in the IT department, jail is out of my department, although i occasionally see video of jail sinanagins.
>>
>>36027646
I'm not sure of how it works where you're at, but personally I got letter for Jury Duty once and I showed up with like a thousand other people. I sat around all day being bored as hell and half-asleep all day as the lawyers and judge talked about the case and how jury duty works and all that and then they took like 3 hours for people who had any immediate objections to doing jury duty like they were in school or had kids or something.

When my number was called, I was taking a shit. When I got back I was like "whoops oh no they're going to pick me to be on the bench" and then a few hours later they called the final 12 and I wasn't picked.
>>
>>36027646
Jury Nullification.
Look it up - letting them know that you know what it is about, will most likely disqualify you from being on a jury
>>
>>36029159
What would I say exactly?
>>
>>36027646
>not doing it for the small amount of money
>not doing to go against what everyone votes for everytime and then saying "I guess it's a hung jury" while grabbing your crotch
>>
>>36028303
The judge and lawyers have likely seen the "Pretend to be a bigot" meme a thousand times already. If you act that intentionally abrasive you'll get held in contempt of court which is far worse than jury duty.
>>
>add swastika to your signature like charles manson
>90% chance criminal is not white anyway
>get exempted
>>
I wish I could punish normalfags in court
>>
When they interview you just say that there is the possibility that you "may not make a decision based on the law or what the law says" and about "Jury Nullification"
>>
>not checking off "i am not of sound and reasonable mind"

get the fuck out normie trash
>>
File: 1458437433598.jpg (100KB, 559x609px) Image search: [Google]
1458437433598.jpg
100KB, 559x609px
>>36031582
>fell for the just be racist meme
>called the judge a nigger
>got held in contempt of court
>>
>>36027646
deny that you ever received the letter
>>
>>36030349
"My friend told me about Jury Nullification, and said that there is nothing preventing me from finding innocent an individual who broke a law I disagree with. Can you explain this process a little more to me?"
>>
I had Jury Duty once. As a NEET it wasn't half bad. I spent a week in the court listening to a court case, I'd get free lunch at a bar across the street and all my travel expenses were reimbursed by the government. The week after that was just spent checking into the court to see if I was going to be picked for other cases, almost was going to be on a second one. But all in all I got about $550 for the whole thing.

It ain't bad honestly. You get some extra cash on the side and you have somewhere to go everyday, only down side is that there's alot of sitting around and listening which can get real boring real fast.
>>
>>36027646
ignore it, they aren't going to send a cop out to you for not showing up
>>
>>36031582
pretend to be a CSI or law & order buff, the prosecutor will want to get rid of you real quick
>>
>>36031806
They've been using the 1.5d barcodes which allow delivery confirmation in CA; they know when it was delivered.
>>
>>36027646
I've heard that courts have been using the disability rolls as a source for jurors; since the people aren't doing anything productive (in the eyes of the state) anyway, they might as well serve the courts.
>>
>>36032568
What if it's a civil case?

I don't even know if that would do it. I remember one of my professor saying that when he worked at a firm one of the senior partners had to serve on a jury.
>>
>>36027646
It's fun

$100/day in my case

Got to miss work, snoop into other people's problems, gossip with a nice MILF and some pleasant folksy black ladies
>>
>>36032751
>$100/day in my case

whoa you get paid? How many hours? I don't see why I wouldn't then
>>
>>36028045
It's a myth in jail but it definitely happens in prison.
>>
>>36027725
How do you acquire food?
>>
>>36031582
This.

Anything you do probably has been tried before and you will be in a worser situation. Suck it up and try to be a normal person for a few hours. Pay attention and speak only when necessary.
>>
>>36032751
Wow I'm envious. It's only $10 a day here and it's so boring.
>>
>>36032751

$15 a day (but nothing the first day) and the parking lot by the courthouse costs $20 a day here.
>>
OP, just write a letter back to them explaining circumstances regarding transport and how it would be a hardship. They may or may not still call you in for jury pool. Jury pool does not mean you're on a jury yet, you just show up when they schedule you and the judge and attorneys will ask the whole pack of you questions. They will then go through and weed out people for a variety of reasons, most important being each side wants jurors they think will be advantageous to their chances to win. You can be excused for hardship, excused for cause (you have some kind of bias), and excused without cause by either of the attorneys (they each have a limited number of times they can do this).

The fact of the matter is that there are lots of people in jury pools who do actually want to be assigned to a trial. Most important is that you communicate with the justice department and show up if scheduled, don't no-call-no-show it.
>>
>>36032809

Depending on your job, you may have additional coverage for time taken off to serve on a jury as part of your benefits package. The state will pay you something, typically not much, and your benefits would cover the rest so you don't actually lose money on the deal.
>>
File: Capturejury.png (74KB, 974x558px) Image search: [Google]
Capturejury.png
74KB, 974x558px
Sign up OP, then explain that you don't have any transportation. Not responding is an easy way to get fined or some shit.

And there's a fair chance you'll never get called in anyway, I got scheduled for jury duty for last week and never got called in.

The questionnaire is piss easy btw, but don't say that you have a mental condition unless you have a professional's diagnosis.
>>
>>36032684
In CA they use DMV rolls to make sure they only get people who can drive. Surprisingly there were no NEETs when I served, we actually had a SpaceX guy, some fancy tech executive, and a UCLA graduate
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.