[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Relationship & Dating advice #1

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

File: 467876745646.gif (986KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
467876745646.gif
986KB, 500x281px
1) Enter a memorable name in the name tag so I remember you when I reply to your posts
2) Ask any question you like relating to relationships and dating in your life. Anything about killing yourself please see the corresponding psych thread: >>36019645
3) Be prepared to be disappointed as I will not sugar coat my responses
>>
I'm kind of unsure about what my next step is, if I should take one.
I've got a decent job, place to live, and all that. I'm just in a relatively small town that I've lived in since I was small and most girls in my age range either have kids, or know me and don't really want much to do with me. Feels like online dating is what I should be going for, but I'm not good looking enough to just go for it, and all I've really got going is work, anime, vidya, shitposting, and drawing.

It's not really urgent or anything, I just get little pings of loneliness every once in a while and wonder if this is my head telling me to find someone already.
>>
>>36026005
If you are already contempt with your life then you really don't need a girlfriend. Being in a relationship is hard work. You can't just do anything you want. Infact, you may even have to give up certain habits or hobbies in your life just to please your partner. The question you should ask yourself is this: do you really want to do that? Would that you make you happy?
>>
>>36026188
*content

FUCK I made the same mistake twice again.
>>
>>36026188
Yeah, I understand that love takes work and sacrifices, and it's not always going to be rosey, but I'd still like to experience it. I wonder what it's like to have someone truly happy to see you, work through hard times with them, hell even the arguments. I imagine it would get boring if we had the exact same personalities.

Maybe I'm a little brainwashed from seeing my grandparents together for so long.
>>
Trying online dating has only completely convinced me of female vapidness and that there is no modesty left in women anymore. I've never been with a girl but I already feel jaded over women.

Not that I had much of a chance, anyway. I'm a babyfaced 5'6 asian kid.

I'm not even that interested in losing my v-card anymore. I just want a real person I can talk to. Where do I go to find a introverted girl I can hold a reasonably intelligent conversation with?
>>
File: 1489966139158.jpg (18KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1489966139158.jpg
18KB, 320x310px
>>36025615
Is there any chance of me ever dating anybody? I don't even know where to start.
I'm a uni student with no freinds or interests, diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I'm entertaining when in a group of people that I know well, but my close freinds all went to other universities. I don't feel particualrly interested in engaging in the drinking culture or befriending normies (even if I could) but a gf that wasn't too time intensive would be good. I just have no idea how to even begin to search (if such a thing can be done), or whether I would even be able to maintain such a relationship.
t.Cripling autist
>>
>>36026559
Online dating is even more tilted towards looks than actual contact. Unless you look good, that is the guaranteed way to hate the idea altogether.
>>
>>36026414
>Maybe I'm a little brainwashed from seeing my grandparents together for so long.

No, its pretty normal to feel that. But you have to remember that relationships are generally prearranged through a friend or family member. Hookups with random strangers off the street or bar are pretty rare despite the modern online dating culture. You gotta know someone (like a friend or family member) to introduce you to that special someone who is willing to open up to you. I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear Anon, but thats just how it is. Unless you really are that desperate, then maybe you should learn some of the ways of the pick up artists to build up confidence.
>>
>>36025615
I just want to get a gf to get married and have kids eventually, and by eventually I mean as soon as I finish college and get a job.
>>
>>36026559
>I just want a real person I can talk to. Where do I go to find a introverted girl I can hold a reasonably intelligent conversation with?

why does it HAVE to be an introverted girl, may I ask?
>>
>>36025615
>Have a normie gf 8/10
>socially akward slightly depressed
>only real friend doesnt know im not a normie
>prom is "too expensive" for her becauses she uses her money on weed
>I want to compliment her act flirty without it sounding forced weird or heavy handed
>we facetime for about 4 hours a day but rarely see eachother in person because schedules
>>
>>36026719
Forgot the name no I dont actually sleepwalk btw
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (9KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
9KB, 280x210px
>>36026611
I figured random hookups likely wouldn't lead to a truly fulfilling relationship that I'd like, but you probably made it sound more achievable than you thought.
>>
>>36026741
Oh yes im also worried if I lose her I wont find another gf the circunstances in which I met her are unusual and things just worked out
>>
>>36026659
well as long as you get a job and involve yourself in social activities after work, it should considerably increase your chances of getting a girlfriend eventually.
>>
>>36025615
How can I may sure I find the right partner? What traits do I need to look for?
>>
>>36026709
It doesn't have to be, necessarily. It's just I think that introverted people in general possess more qualities I can relate to.

Soft spokeness, non-tempermental, not manipulative, dislikes drama etc.
>>
>>36026804
Ugh yeah I got an extrovert normie gf not fun desu I genuinely like her and all but introverts are better
>>
>>36026589
You can increase your chances of meeting someone the more you interact with people. Eventually someone will question you, "whoa man you're still a virgin?? let me hook you up, bro!"

Relationships are highly complex and there is no one size fits all type answer. So why are you even worrying whether you can maintain a relationship or not? You haven't even gotten a gf yet!
>>
>>36025615
What qualifies you to give out dating advice?
>>
>>36026907
Yeah, pretty shit advice desu
>>
>>36026719
what exactly is your question?
>>
>>36026925
How to casually flirt and complement my gf without it sounding akward or heavy handed also rate my relationship
>>
>>36026804
>It's just I think that introverted people in general possess more qualities I can relate to.
>Soft spokeness, non-tempermental, not manipulative, dislikes drama etc.

This is just pop science media fantasy bullshit. No person has the same personality all their life. Personalities adapt to different situations. The question YOU should ask yourself is this: if you have a girlfriend, what exactly can you provide her in exchange? Relationships are never one sided.
>>
>>36026907
>>36026920

Why, because you don't like what you're hearing? There is no silver bullet to all your problems, robots. I'm just providing you with the tools to solve your own problems. Not going to hold your hand.
>>
>>36027030
what did you do to get a gf in the first place?
>>
>>36027071
>the tools
>condecending common sense
robots have dwelled on these issues for hundereds of hours most likely. We need more than that
>>
>>36027114
>We need more than that

Like what? Please, enlighten me.
>>
>>36027145
If I we knew we wouldn't be asking.
>>
>>36027101
Two guys I was in a groupchat with added her in somehow she thought I was interesting the four of us skyped eventually me and her statted facetiming eventually her gay best friend messaged me and was like dude ask her out so I did
>>
>>36027216

sigh...

OK, I will straight up be honest with you.

Without friends or family members hooking you up, there is 0.1% of you ever getting a girlfriend just on your own. Through sheer willpower and confidence MAYBE you could increase your chances to 10 or 20%. This is the hard and ugly truth, and I'm sorry that I don't have better news.

I know several ugly assholes married off to 7 and 8/10s simply because their friends, families or coworkers hooked them up and the embarassment got them talking and laughing.

The point is...

YOU JUST CAN'T DO THIS SHIT IN A VACUUM. YOU NEED TO INTERACT WITH REAL PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING A GF. DROP THAT ONLINE DATING SHIT. GIRLS WANT INSTANT SATISFICATION WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED ONLINE SO THEY WILL GO WITH THE 10/10 CHADS 90% OF THE TIME.

DON'T COMPETE ON A PLAYING FIELD THAT IS COMPLETELY RIGGED AGAINST YOU.

I'M TRULY SORRY I DON'T HAVE BETTER NEWS ROBOTS. I'M TRULY SORRY
>>
>>36027358
See this >>36027407

I honestly don't know why you're asking for help when you're already half way there. So congratulate yourself on that, and just keep at it. Good luck.
>>
>>36025615
I got my first gf recently, as far as I know she's a virgin and I have no reason not to believe it (I am too obviously). This past weekend we tried to have sex but my dick would not go into her vagina no matter how hard I tried. I've fingered her a couple times and can only fit a single finger in it. How the fuck do I get her vagina to stretch to a normal size?
>>
>>36027071
I ask because if you're just a random guy off the street, I would trust a psychiatrist's opinion over yours. They say that while a few relationships are prearranged, not all are. ~25% are hookups/fwb that turned into a relationship. ~35% is from formal dating. 40% were friends first.
>>
>>36028365
>statistics I pull out of my ass

20% of men fuck 80% of the women. Pareto principle bitch. Its how natural selection works
>>
File: how people meet.png (280KB, 799x558px) Image search: [Google]
how people meet.png
280KB, 799x558px
>>36028468
I found the chart I was referring to. It's actually less than I remember meeting through friends.
>>
File: 1487881687272.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487881687272.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>Christmas break is coming up and will be going to visit my hometown in SD (went to highschool in CA and in my first year of college here too)
>decide I want to reconnect with past friends
>get around to contacting oneitis and feelings for her escalate (she's unaware of them by the way)
>suggest we hang out when I get into town and she agrees
>arrive in town and we make plans
>I invite a mutual friend so it doesn't come off as an intimate thing
>few days after I had arrived, oneitis comes over to my place to watch a movie
>other friend comes by but doesn't stay long
>shrug it off and we continue to watch the movie
>few minutes later she asks if it would be wierd if we cuddled
>HOLY SHIT NOT GONNA FUCKIN PASS THIS UP
>nervously say yes and we do so until the movie ends and she heads home
>next day
>the two of us make plans to hang out again
>night goes similar to previous, but instead it's just the two of us all night and we make a pizza together
>after she heads home I start to feel selfish taking all her cuddles without having told her my feelings for her
>text her that night to confess
>she says she's going through a tough breakup and wants some time to herself
>Ok, ok, so I back off. Try to leave her alone
>FUCKING NEXT DAY SHE INVITES ME TO HER PLACE FOR PIZZA AND A MOVIE
>I, being the dumbass I am, say yes
>SHE INVITES ME TO HER ROOM AND SUGGESTS WE CUDDLE ON HER OWN BED
>think to myself this has gone to far and sperg out
>reject her and go home
>later that night, tell her how much of a loser and khhv I am and she tells me knowing that makes her really uncomfortable
>next day rolls around and, you guessed it, she wants to hang out again

I never responded to that and stopped talking to her for the rest of break, and now that I'm back in CA, we really just acknowledge each other over facebook or snapchat. I'll be back there in June and I want things to go further, but I feel like I'm fighting her feelings, as well as my own. It's all very confusing
what do?
>>
File: Flattened Pepe.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Flattened Pepe.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>36026611
>But you have to remember that relationships are generally prearranged through a friend or family member
This is probably what I'll end up doing, my parents know lots of people from church, so they can probably help me find someone good.
>>
>>36028587
>a """research study""" conducted by a for-profit company advertizing their online dating services

Jesus, use your fucking brain for once.
>>
>>36025615
So I finally got a bf and we have been together for a year now but the thing is... he sometimes insert objects up my ass while i scream and say No and he just laughs and say sorry after Holding me down. Is this abuse? I scream and hit him afterwards and Then I feel like the abuser
>>
I probably identify as a normie here already but I did have 2 past dating experiences. They all ended badly, I don't talk with those persons anymore, worst case scenario with the first one is that I got blocked from all ways of communication after I told her to just leave me alone for a while after breaking up. Thing is, I broke up with both of them because I'm an indecisive retard. First girlfriend was a full blown normie who was also boring as fuck, I just had nothing in common with her. The second one was robot tier and had huge emotional issues, to the point where I also got them for a while, and I was actually trying to comfort her about it, she would only distance herself away from me further. In the end, I would barely interact with her and she just broke up with me after that because "I didn't give her enough attention". A good old friend told me to get someone who completes me, not with similar interests. Problem is, I really don't know what I want. I don't even know myself good enough to know what my future girlfriend should be like.
>>
>>36029156
That's not normal....
He sounds a bit psychopathic, but I'm sure a Roastie such as yourself doesn't care as long as he's chad.
>>
>>36025615
I'm not trying to edge post but can you tell me how relationships work? What do people do in a relationship? Why do people form a relationship? I'm 20 never had a gf. Too clingy literally autistic etc.etc.
>>
>>36029156
stockholm syndrome

Look it up
>>
>>36029275
He's not a Chad but he's all I am ever going to get
>>
File: 1480286758042.jpg (9KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1480286758042.jpg
9KB, 342x342px
I havent ever had a relationship before but I think I have a girl who genuinely accepts me as me, we've been friends for 16 months and she knows everything about me from fettishes to drug use and recently we've been messaging 300+ times a day and sending anime gifs to eachother about hugging/cuddling but I know I will never have the confidance to make any move on her. We have hung out irl and do a few times a month and all we usually do is watch anime and draw stuff sometimes.I just really dont know what to do about this because im too beta to make a move but I cant lose to her to some alpha chad whos masculine and does all the stuff I cant
>>
File: 1351127152377.jpg (135KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
1351127152377.jpg
135KB, 450x557px
>>36025615
I have no interest in romance or companionship, nor do I desire a relationship for sex. However, I would like to obtain a significant other so that I may appear more normal.

My coworkers and acquaintances are either all in relationships or actively seeking a relationship. Because of this, at some point, I suspect that my lack of a relationship will strike others as odd.

Outwardly, I'm attractive, tall, in good shape, outgoing, and successful. I have no emotional depth (no strong emotions) though, so I just pretend to be normal emotionally. I'm good at interacting with women; they seem to find me interesting/funny and attractive.

What kind of female would be best suited for this purpose (assuming there is one)?

I don't let people get attached to me unless I think they'll be beneficial in some way. And since I don't know which kind of females fit this description, I usually ignore their advances until they stop trying.
>>
>>36029660
You might as well go the full 9 yards and just have a whole family to seem normal. Just find a traditional woman who wants a family and have her raise the kids, so that way you won't be bothered anymore.
>>
So I've been talking with this girl I'm in a club with for a couple months now. We've been getting closer as I've been talking to her in real life as well as through social media. I was getting ready to ask her out last weekend when I found out she has a boyfriend (he's also in the same club, I just didn't know they were dating) from one of my friends. Still, she seems interested in me and of course I'm interested in her, so I don't know what to do. Should I keep talking with her, trying to flirt more and see what happens? Should I just ask her straight up if she wants to go on a date or if she has a boyfriend? Should I just back off and try to become friends? I've been thinking about this a lot and I really have no idea what to do; for once in my life I feel confident enough to ask a girl out, but it's such a complicated situation. What do you think? Also, let me know if there's anything else about our relationship you'd like to know.
>>
is a suicide pact a good idea for a first date?
>>
>>36030111
Yes.
>tfw no suicidal, existentially depressed pastel goth gf
>tfw women don't feel existential depression because they're too stupid and/or their lives are too easy
>>
i got a gf but what if my autism fucks it up?
i am scared! never had a gf before either
>>
Bump, OP where you at?
>>
Hi, here's my situation.

Have something like a gf, but I don't feel like she cares and just goes along with it out of formality. We don't hang out that often, and it's me doing all the work, and giving all the initiative for meeting up. She might've done that maybe once or twice. Sometimes a month would go by and no meet up. Recently this happened for the 2nd time.

What I decided to do this month is not text her or give any initiations for a meet up. I'll only be responsive and see if she comes up with something. If not then I'll prob just ghost her.

Thoughts? Need any more information?
>>
>oneitis
There's this qt 3.14, she is quiet, shy, friendly, and really doesn't have many friends at all (like me).
We are both into the same hobbies and stuff, the same music.
We knew each other way back 3 years ago, and lost touch.
We are in the same clubs and shit, and interestingly her instagram name is a parody of my instagram name, which might mean something?

Anyway, I do not know if I am handsome or have good looks or anything, so I fear getting rejected.
>>
>>36025615
I want to have sex but I feel shy and uncomfortable and freaked out. What if I'm too hairy? What if I don't smell good enough? What if I perform badly? What if he can't get it up because I'm not attractive enough? What if it doesn't feel good for him? Etc etc.

The only thing standing between me and getting laid is me and I don't know how the fuck to stop.
>>
>>36031053
See if she wants to go on a date and try to let the relationship grow naturally from there; do not overthink it and try to force anything. She sounds interested from what you say, so I highly doubt she would say no to getting food or going bowling or whatever you throw out as a date idea. Good luck anon!
>>
>>36031245
Yea but I am 80% sure I am ugly, like 5/10 type ugly
>>
>>36031389
If you visit /r9k/, I'm assuming you probably don't pay enough attention to your maintaining your looks. Try visiting /fa/ and see if you can become a bit more fashionable; personally I think I've improved my appearance greatly just by giving a shit about my haircut and what I wear.
>>
>>36031462
There's a concert coming up I have tickets for.

What exact words would I say? I have no idea how to ask someone on a date especially since I barely talk to them.

I've probably had one conversation with her this month, how would I ask her out if we don't even have a friendship yet?
>>
>>36031623
Hey, want to go to this concert with me?

Simplicity is a good thing.
>>
in love with asian qt 3.14 that lives overseas and loves me back. HERES THE KICKER, I NEVER SEE HER AND SHES ASEXUAL SO I CANT EVEN GRAB HER ASS. But i love her so much. kms
>>
>>36030060
Bump, still looking for advice
>>
>>36025615
I fell in love with a friend of mine. I chickened out in asking her out, and she got asked out by a truly good guy. I told her the next day I liked her anyways. She made a choice and chose him.
She said
>I see you as a good friend, one who I talked to and confided in
She still seems open on telling me her problems and stuff.
Should I try to keep pursuing her or back off? I really want her.I have no clue on my chances, social repercussions, ect
>>
I have never asked out a girl, but I think now is the time. I'm 20, in college, and find a girl I sit with during one of my classes rather cute. We've talked briefly a few times, and just today studied with another classmate for a bit, conversation flowed rather well. I don't know if she's into me, but she certainly can handle talking to me (she initiated the study session) and I like her, so I figure why not at this point

I have about a minute to talk to her after class, is a "hey do you want to go out for lunch this weekend?" good enough? I feel like that's a pretty safe line, right?
>>
>>36027407
We know the game is rigged against us, that's why we opted out. Women are whores who only go for Chad, there was never any hope for us. We can't be 'rehabilitated' because the problem is not us, it's women and the society that has given them absolute power over sex.
>>
File: 1464521785338.jpg (72KB, 604x608px) Image search: [Google]
1464521785338.jpg
72KB, 604x608px
Found out this girl i thought I've been dating and i arent dating we just "fuck and hangout".

i dont think im mad but friends say i look pretty broke up about it. only been seeing her for a bout 2 months.

>only found out now
never put a name to it till today

how should i fee over this?
>not dateing
more free time
dont have to go to every thing she tells me too

I do feel a little more lonely but I've been lower
>>
I've had a crush on this girl for over 2 years, and I've been getting pretty close with her. I always knew in the back of my mind that she loved my other friend, and this summer they got together.

The problem is that after summer, we haven't talked since. It's been 7 months and I don't even have a crush on her, I just want to be friends again.

What a do?
>>
>>36034085
Shoot her a text.
>>
>>36034435
Man I'm even worse at texting. I text like maybe 2 contacts, and those are my parents.
>>
>>36034793
Do you have her number? I can literally write this for you
>>
File: 1490504953209.png (313KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1490504953209.png
313KB, 600x661px
I dated a girl for a short while and self destructed, she cut off all contact for a good month and a half and I tried to make things right again. I crawled back to her like a loser and turns out she got back together with her ex.

We started talking normally again after I basically prostrated myself apologizing but things are kind of weird. Im pretty sure shes keeping me around as a sort form of pity and I am beyond hopeless. I basically cucked myself.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.