[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pls educate me re: the cool kids

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: full[1].jpg (41KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
full[1].jpg
41KB, 600x899px
I was thinking about what things were like for me as a teenager and a early 20s person in the 2000s. And as a kid in the 90s.

I remember distinct fashion trends like glam, goth, emo, scene, etc over the years.

But the last few years in particular it seems like the 2010s haven't really produced a discernible "look" for young people.

The best I could come up with in my mind is the sterotypical "SJW" look with the purple/red/green hair and facial piercings. But I have hardly seen these types of people much out in public.

The other look that came to mind is the Kim Kardashian look which has a woman covering herself in a thick layer of bronzer makeup and dyeing her hair jet black. It looks pretty bad on white girls. But still, not that popular outside of instagram.

So what are young people really doing out there? And not just in looks either, what do they do for fun?

Years ago young people sat around and watch youtube together or marathoned television series. Skateboarding was very popular in some circles. Super Smash Bros will still a major social game. It seems to me that stuff might have faded a bit.
>>
Well Anon I have a perfect answer for you.

This is the special snowflake generation and the idea is to be unique and different hence no decernable style. Where I grew up was by the beach in an upper middle class area so major styles are like preppy or beach boy.

Girls just wear whatever gets them closest to naked they can get away with. Skin tight yoga pants, denim shorts so short they can only be called denim panties.
>>
why is everyone using spaces between sentences? is this the so called /reddit spacing/?
>>
File: tumblr_nqf42qUYde1qdzsoio1_400.gif (1MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqf42qUYde1qdzsoio1_400.gif
1MB, 320x320px
Couple of factors:

A) Music:
Now that you don't actually have to spend money on music and everything is easily available to anyone at no cost. This means that conspicuous consumption of specific kinds of music has died out. This has also largely killed social signals around specific genres etc because everyone just streams whatever. It's also trivial to find new music so there is no kudos for being the guy that found "X band" (you probably haven't heard of them).

B) Social Media
Social media has totally flattened things like slang. Through social media, slang is no longer kept to one group or another and therefore no long can be used to earn cool points.
>>
>>36024928
The look is the "we stopped trying" look. They wear yogas with their entire ass visible and a tight fitting shirt to show everyone they are a slut. There's no reason to try on your appearance when you can just wear slutty clothing and teen boys will fuck you anyway.

Teen boys never gave a fuck about their appearance so they don't have any fashion trends. they were dirty basketball shorts and a t-shirt.
>>
>>36024928
I see a lot of girls with dyed very light blonde hair, chokers, maybe like boots and flannel kind of tumblr I think but not sure what scene or music they associate with maybe they're the same as kim k girls
>>
>>36026728
>Chokers
What do you suppose these women MEANT by this?
>>
>>36025263
It's actually a leftover of forum/irc writing style. Redditors don't double spacing very often.
>>
I think one of the recent trends is for the woman that can pull it off is to have big, wild curly hair dyed a couple of different shades. I'm a big fan of this look, it's a lot better than straight, black Kim K style hair.
>>
>>36028670
It's like it's circling back around to the classic "hottie" look of tight, colorful dresses, big hair and cleavage. The look that makes men fall over themselves. A few years ago a lot of women would be afraid to go this far.
>>
>>36024928
For dudes Adidas shows, track pants, dressing like Kanye West, or just like a hat and track pants man, idk everything is comfycore
>>
>>36024928
There are very few actual subcultures anymore. Most of what you'll find now are half-baked Internet movements based around memes and social networks.
>>
>>36024928
people say this about every era when they're in it. in 10, 15 years the 2010s will have a very distinct 'look'. you just can't see it yet cause you're in it.
>>
>>36024928
depends on where you live. northern england youth is all denim jackets with the fur collar, skinny jeans. the girls wear jeweled sandals and dark crop tops in freezing rain. these days we don't have a unifying style source like MTV or whatever and everyone is either localised based on the people around them or individualist.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.