[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me to understand the appeal of Rick and Morty.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: rick-and-morty-pic-3.jpg (64KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-pic-3.jpg
64KB, 960x540px
Help me to understand the appeal of Rick and Morty.
>>
This isn't Reddit faget
>>
It's a show for pseudo-intellectual normalfags who think they're quirky. The kind of person that enjoys this show frequents reddit and probably owns a shirt with the periodic table of elements on it.
>>
File: 1286582735265.jpg (139KB, 310x440px) Image search: [Google]
1286582735265.jpg
139KB, 310x440px
>>36022642

>buuurrrrrp morty burrrrrp i'm a genius morty and that means all my wacky antics are definitely okkk braaaap i'm a dickhead because i'm smart!
>Shitty improv
>MULTIVERSE THEORY LMAO SCIENCE
>""""deep"""" moments like Rick attempting suicide.

It appeals to Euphoric Redditors and people who miss futurama.
>>
Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour, what's not to like.
>>
>fun television show plays around with common sci-fi concepts
That's about it.
I don't really care what other demographics like what I like. I don't talk to others in the first place, so it doesn't matter if the people I could talk to are from boogeyman.com
>>
I think it's pretty funny desu senpai
>>
>>36022738
>other demographics
No, it doesn't work like that, you are a part of that demographic.
>>
>>36022738
Boom. Nailed it. /r9k/ just needs to feel superior to SOMETHING, and in this instance it's the popular show
>>
The burping shit is just... it's not funny. It's annoying as fuck.

It took me a long time to get over that shit but once I did the show is fucking hilarious.
>>
if you still watch western cartoons past 16 you need to fucking grow up tbqhwy
>>
>>36022738
this. people who feel "superior" to others because of their tastes in shows, music, literature, etc are superior to no one (that said, anyone who still unironically listens to nu metal is utter garbage)
>>
File: venn diagram.png (5KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
venn diagram.png
5KB, 235x214px
>>36022798
I'm talking about not caring about inter-sectional demographics- like a venn diagram.
I'm in E- people who like the thing.
Even if F is faggots, and G is copraphagics, meaning a good quarter of E is shit eating faggots and half of E is either a shit eater, a faggot, or both, I don't care.
It's a tv show- I just watch it online, that's the extent of my interactivity, I don't have to do anything with F or G.
>>
>>36022928
>well this anon's a faggot
>tripfag.exe

why am I not surprised
>>
>>36022838
yeah this is the only part i dont like. good show apart from that
>>
>>36022642

hey it's this faggot again. you got btfo in the last thread you started so why do you continue to give a shit what other people enjoy?
>>
>>36022942
And I'm telling you that you have no place separating yourself from other fans of the show like that; the reason you are trash is precisely because you like it. For Rick & Morty's humor to resonate with you, you must be complete and total faggot on all fronts.
>>
>>36022708
>owns a shirt with the periodic table of elements on it

My gf bought it for me. I was kind of triggered because they added 4 new elements to the table a few months after I got it so it's obsolete now. It's white so I just and up accidentally wearing it when I meant to out on a white undershirt. Also I've been on 4chan since 2008 which is when you were in 3rd grade.
>>
>>36022708

i like the show and I hate reddit and don't give a shit about science.
>>
Watched it, show is alright. People here that have never seen a single episode that despise it do so because they want to look badass and savvy about culture
>>
>>36022642
remember when you discover /b/ for first time
>>
>>36022928
You are a retard. Prefacing your hypocrisy with "that said" doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite, your post contradicts itself completely.
>>
>>36023117

>my taste in everything is so refined that it sets the bar for everyone else, and therefore I am the judge of what is good and bad and everyone needs to listen to me

you're an idiot.
>>
Why do you guys hate everything that reddit likes? I can guarantee that if you guys were to love a TV, then realize reddit loves it you'd just start talking shit about it. If you like something just fucking like it. You're pretty much hipsters trying to fit into your own category.
>>
>>36023123
>actually owns the shirt
>is a normalfag with a gf
Looks like I was spot on, then. I was 13 in 2008; and the amount of time you've been on 4chan, whether you're lying about it or not, is totally irrelevant to this thread.
>>
>>36023235

It's not even just a reddit thing. Rick and Morty is popular among more than just redditors, otherwise it would have been cancelled by now.

It's just that anyone here who doesn't like something dismisses it as something "for redditors"
>>
>>36023324

On top of that, I know these same people must browse reddit all the time since they always seem to know what redditors like.
>>
>>36023318
You're the guy accusing people who have happier lives than you of using reddit.
>>
File: 1293679194079.jpg (64KB, 480x403px) Image search: [Google]
1293679194079.jpg
64KB, 480x403px
I think its hilarious and wtf relax niggers who cares its just a fucking show
jesus christ
>>
>>36023351
So basically redditors pretending to not be redditors?
>>
>>36023370

basically, or they come here because they're bitter about being downvoted by the hivemind or something.
>>
>>36023235
When Rick and Morty first came out, the general attitude of the show was that was great.

Once the show started getting popular it was branded Reddit tier.
>>
>>36022642
quirky
Don't listen to these retards here, they need to feel superior to everything mainstream
>>
>>36022928
fuck you nigger. Korn is life!
>>
>>36023384
Then I have no reason to come here if this place is basically reddit. I'm leaving. Have a good life anon.
>>
>>36023438

makes sense. later man.
>>
>>36022708
to be fair everyone I know loves it. Last night I was talking to a proper qt stacey, and even she started making references to it.
>>
>>36022928
System of a Down is a natural treasure and you're a fat drunk attention whore who wants to be a youtube celebrity. Please step down from the pedestal.
>>
>>36023438
ok, see you tomorrow then
>>
File: rickandmortyjacob.jpg (118KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
rickandmortyjacob.jpg
118KB, 600x335px
>>36022642
Rick and Morty is /ourshow/
>>
Nihilism and cosmic horror basically.
>>
File: 1491318537318 (1).png (16KB, 644x688px) Image search: [Google]
1491318537318 (1).png
16KB, 644x688px
As a show it really exemplifies what people mean with 'reddit':
Assumed nerdiness.
Tame edginess.
Random for the sake of it.
>>
>>36023005
>>36023175
>>36023434
>>36023492
>all these dumb cucks not getting the joke
this board is full of morons these days
>>
>>36022642
High Concept Sci-Fi Rigamarole and Memes.

Also some surprisingly clever writing.

>>36022717
>People who miss Futurama
And what the fuck is wrong with missing Futurama

>>36023873
>cosmic horror
Please tell me you're referring to the bursts of existentialist despair that the show likes to throw down and not the fucking Cronenberg shit. Sick of people thinking cosmic horror HAS to involve tentacles and grotesque shit, or that those two are what make it cosmic horror.

Also why does everyone give a shit about othersite
>>
>>36022867
>implying anime is better
rick and morty is more adult than 90% of anime.
>>
>>36024484
I'm not saying that it's necessarily high quality cosmic horror, but that's the appeal for normies.
>>
>>36022708
>says that its watched by normies who think they're quirky
>avoids watching it for the simple fact that its popular

okay there special snowflake settle down there
>>
I'm never been much into television or movies, but I like it. It's not groundbreaking or anything, but I like the general pace behind it, and I like how they handle the 20 minute block. The jokes and action are fast paced and seemingly random which I like. I hate shows or movies that are too up it's own ass and focuses too much on this or that. There's not a lot of focus, and I like that.

The characters are interesting, and I like the dynamic between Rick and Morty. Everything done with Jerry cracks me up, and Summer and Beth have their quirks. The show does lack in minor characters, though. Bird man is cool and all that, but when compared to other animated shows, Rick and Morty falls a bit short.

Some of the episode plots are gold like the episode with the woman only society, the collective, or the one with the universe that charges his battery Others falla bit short, but hey being creative is challenging. I respect it, and I hope the creators well.
>>
>>36022642
The depressing nihilism is relatable
>>
>>36022642
Cartoons innit, same reason people watch anime, except this has a storyline.
>>
>>36022642
It's a good show but the fan base is absolutely terrible
>>
>>36022838
I absolutely love the show due to the utter indifference of Rick for all the chaos he brings. However, that burping shit did take some getting used to.
>>
File: image.jpg (588KB, 2044x1458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
588KB, 2044x1458px
>>36022642

Where is Pepe?is he hidden away.in the locker?are fast sorter collapsed in bean of swift plebs.

SHit nrg

>https://youtu.be/JLf9q36UsBk
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.