[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Therapist asks me to describe myself in three words. >I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

File: Life sucks.png (566KB, 725x733px) Image search: [Google]
Life sucks.png
566KB, 725x733px
>Therapist asks me to describe myself in three words.
>I say, after giving it some thought, "Spineless, Unpleasant, Coward"
>Therapist seems to get mad at me and says "Anon you need to take this seriously if you want me to help you"

THERAPY ONLY WORKS IF YOU LIE WHEN THEY ASK IF YOU'RE HAPPY
>>
File: 1489642626028.png (13KB, 246x213px) Image search: [Google]
1489642626028.png
13KB, 246x213px
>falling for the therapy meme
If you're a robot, therapy can't help you. It's for normalfags who don't have real problems.
>>
>>36016364
>>36016400
Maybe it's just a shitty theraphist.
>>
>>36016364
It's why I got out of therapy when I was like 13.
Lie, lie, lie.
>>
>>36016412
>shitty therapist.

Redundant
>>
>>36016412
I've been to all kinds of therapy and they don't do shit for you except tell you stuff you already know. The rest is normalfag tier advice shit. Got enough of that in here.
>>
>>36016364
I saw one therapist for years, and I described myself in the exact same way, unless I added worthless to the list. But they didn't do something like that. this therapist is just shit, don't o to it again.
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (661KB, 800x963px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2.jpg
661KB, 800x963px
(((Therapy))) is society's attempt to fuck over robots by tricking them into saying something incriminating.

>"Oh don't worry anon, this is a """"""""""privileged confidential"""""""""" session you can say anything"
>mention something about slight anger at your circumstances or feeling sad occasionally
>"TAKE HIM AWAY, HE'S A DANGER TO HIMSELF AND OTHERS :^)"
>men in white uniforms drag you to an asylum for 1 week, just enough to have 85% of your rights permanently revoked for the rest of your life

Stop doing therapy immediately, OP.
>>
>>36016364
What kind of retarded therapist is that? I talk shit about myself constantly and never had this kind of reaction.
>>
>>36016429
Pretty much. You can get all the usual "Just be yourself man" from the normies that infest this board now. Therapists don't understand robot problems. Only normie problems because normies don't have real problems. Therapists don't understand what it is like to be a 100% genuinely worthless person, they can't help someone like that so it's pointless.
>>
File: 1482997472604.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482997472604.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>36016364
Can confirm, I've been to at least 10 therapists over the course of 5 years now.

I found that the male therapists were not only more willing to listen to me talk, and gave me several sessions before pushing medication or just outright not providing any feedback. Whilst the women would push medication from day one, and ridicule me for certain things I'd say and open up about.

"The Rapists" are just there to get a paycheck, they don't care about you. Either fall for the meme, lie to them that they're helping or struggle with your illnesses yourself hoping you either beat the illness or kill yourself.

These are the only two options presented to you, there's too many humans on this Earth, there's no longer a requirement to care.
>>
I went to a therapist for a couple of years, normally once every one or two months, and I basically just frustrated the hell out of him by existing.

>"Losing weight and working out will help you feel better!"
>Do that
>Still miserable
>Therapist doesn't know what to say

>"Socialize more! Get a girlfriend! Go out with people!"
>Do that
>Still miserable

>"Pick up hobbies where you make things!"
>Do that
>Still miserable

Now my life is ruined because I have a permanent "depression" diagnosis on my record and visits to a therapist on record. There's a lot of things I want to do that I simply cannot do now because of this.
>>
>>36016528
Get the fuck off this board you normalfag piece of shit.
>>
>>36016447
>>36016484
Please give us some therapist stories. This looks interesting.

Also, just so you know. Most people that go on psychology are probably normies that think it's all just motivational speech instead of people that actually want to help other people with their problems.
>>
>>36016544
Gonna be honest with you, I am probably less of a normalfag than you. The closest thing I have to a "normalfag quality" is that I value my time, safety and happiness so little that I am willing to do anything I am told by anyone if they promise it might make things better for just a little bit.

It never makes things better.
>>
>>36016528
What a shit therapist. Hope he gets rapist so he can feel genuinely traumatissist for the rest of his lifist.
>>
>>36016528
>There's a lot of things I want to do that I simply cannot do now because of this.

Could you explain?
>>
>>36016578
>Socializes
>Gets a girlfriend
>Thinks he belongs here
No. Fuck off. You do not belong here. Go to one of the many normie sites where you belong.
>>
>>36016609
Firearms ownership, certain jobs and occupations, certain events. Pretty much every single application these days, even for some entry level work, asks you if you have a history of depression. Lying is pretty much guaranteed to backfire because it's all on record and easily accessible to anyone who asks.
>>
So what are therapists supposed to do if we are already aware of out problems? What is the point of them existing? Only to help normalcucks?
>>
>>36016578
Did you relly get a girlfriend though or were you just trying to say what he said?

Social ineptitude is the true robot's mark around here.
>>
>>36016364
Uh, funny. I had the same exact thing happen to me.
Shen went full ''Oh, no no no, you are so negative. Why do you think like that? C'mon now, tell at least one good thing about you''

I couldn't, so she got mad and repeated the same question session after session...

Is just a meme.
She was doing her job and I was doing mine.
>>
>>36016635
>Firearms ownership
Didn't know this, thanks. You're in the US?
>>
>>36016635
Migrate to another country and start anew.
>>
>>36016651
To help people solve their life problems scientifically I think. Also, the typical robot's awareness is usually shit, autistic or too pessimistic.
>>
>>36016651
They're meant to help you fix those problems. A good therapist will help you do this, it's just that good therapists are practically non-existant.
>>
>>36016652
I did get a girlfriend and socialized more, but I didn't enjoy it. I got absolutely no fulfillment from the activities or socialization. I barely leave the house, even to do necessary things like shopping, because of how much I hate being outside and interacting with people. I'm just so far down the rabbit hole that I'm not even afraid of making a social faux pas anymore, it doesn't matter, those people will forget about me in a couple of hours.

>>36016631
Imageboards are literally the only websites I use.
>>
>>36016673
No. If I lived in the US, I'm sure I could move to a certain state and still have guns.

>>36016677
No money. Plus, what difference would it make? I'd still spend 24/7 inside, disconnected from even my family.
>>
>>36016412
I've only ever had one non-shitty therapist
>tfw he got replaced by a well meaning but totally oblivious female who followed a script and didn't fully comprehend most of what I said
That being said, you need to be open enough to confront problems or therapy won't work. Many people justify it as being shitty and useless in these cases.
>>
>therapist asks why I am feeling depressed
>explain how Jews are pushing degeneracy on our society to destroy the White race
>get an email that afternoon saying they may not be able to help me and I should look for another therapy service
>>
>>36016708
Maybe you just had a shitty relationship with her then. You prolly got cucked.

Also, you might just have transcended robotdom then. What do you even do to keep you going these days? Did anything ever happen in your life?
>>
File: b74.png (15KB, 333x293px) Image search: [Google]
b74.png
15KB, 333x293px
>>36016777
He was a Jew, Anon.

You should've killed him in the spot.
>>
>>36016708
>I'm just so far down the rabbit hole that I'm not even afraid of making a social faux pas anymore, it doesn't matter, those people will forget about me in a couple of hours.
Seeing that you got a gf means you can do it. Your current situation is a function of your shitty environment not you in particular. If it was you then you wouldn't be able to get a gf, like any robot struggles to even dream about. Also remember that brains are moldable which means that failed normies can transform back into full-fledged normies.

This all assumes you do not visit ever r9k again.
>>
>>36016788
>Shitty relationship

Yeah, probably. She lived pretty far away and I'd have to drive 90-120 minutes to reach her place on a day with good traffic. Doubt I got cucked since she was also a massive recluse who had trouble looking cashiers in the eye. Turns out that when you stick two introverted weirdos together, you don't get some fantasy where they never leave the house and just enjoy each others company, you get two introverts being unable to accurately express emotions.

>What do you even do to keep you going these days? Did anything ever happen in your life?

I exercise, look for a job lazily, and sleep. That's about it. If there's no food in the house I just deal with it until somebody else buys some. Nothing really particularly good or interesting has ever happened in my life, though during my developmental years I had the shit bullied out of me every single day and basically had any trust I had in other people to act humanely completely shattered repeatedly.

They tell you that your bullies will end up losers with shitty jobs, but that's not how it works at all. They end up alpha male millionaires with hot girlfriends, good jobs, nice cars and big houses.
>>
>>36016811
I asked him twice if he was a Jew, he said no both times.
His name didn't seem Jewish, but I wouldn't be surprised if they change it since people are catching on.
>>
>>36016885
>they cant work with me

thats what they want, you are sane, what do you except.
>>
I dont know why useless robots get redpilled, 12 year old pewd followers are more worthy of you, atleast they arent afraid of life.
>>
>do sport or excercises
>go for walks
>find new hobbies
>force yourself to meet your friends/family
>always keep up a straight body posture
>compliment yourself

thanks doc, great help
>>
>>36016837
>They tell you that your bullies will end up losers with shitty jobs
The bullies at my school were mostly blue-collar types. I regularly see one of my HS bullies at the employment agency i'm forced to attend.
>>
>>36016837
Yea. People nowadays think introverts are just cool headed-level people even when it just means they are socially disconnected and had to redirect their attention to non-social stuff. To me, Introversion is a condition born from innefectual socialization at an early age and thus, more of a emotional scar. Just bear with it.

Bullies that get seemingly good lifes are probably just sociopaths Anon. Don't ever interact with those predators or put any emotional investment on them, they're just unfeeling animals in human clothing, they fuck over everyone and not only you Anon.

I feel for you. I'll end up like you in no time too, I presume. Just try to bear with it and not get yourself in situations you know aren't going to work out.
>>
>>36016830
>i've only read these few posts by you but let me explain your situation to you because i know you better than you know yourself
>>
>>36016961
My sister regularly talks about the bullies and kids I knew at school. From the sounds of it, most of them grew up to be "totally ripped" and surfers, which I guess I expected. A lot of them were the kids of doctors.

>>36016959
These are all pieces of advice for normalfags who are just in a down slump.
>>
File: bait55.jpg (106KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait55.jpg
106KB, 625x626px
>>36016948
They are autistic that aren't afraid of being autistic Anon. There's no contest. I'd rather be with a souless quiet robot.
>>
>>36016986
Can you refer to anything I got wrong? I was basically just deducing facts from what you told so far. If I got something wrong its because my information is wrong. Ergo you didn't truthfully write about your personal situation.
>>
>>36017038
That's not me. You can tell because he didn't capitalize "I've".
>>
>>36017019
they have hope.you cant change shit.
>>
I creeped out my therapist when I told him in detail my desire and plans to master manipulation and my theories on how most interactions between living things are parasitic or exploitative. I noticed that he disliked me after that and soon I was assigned a different therapist.
I managed to make her like/respect me enough that she broke a major boundary and secretly gave me a gift.
Therapists are like the mall cops of mental health, not quite smart enough to become psychiatrists.
The worst thing is I had decided to be 100% honest with them because I genuinely want help and figured dishonesty would be a waste of everyone's time, and these are the results I've gotten.
>>
>>36017038
I'm not him. I just think you're a presumptuous faggot who seems to think he knows everything. He's here on this board because he's miserable and doesn't like people (that's the only info he provided). It's plain to see why you're here.
>>
>>36017096
Calling me a presumptuous faggot is ironic because I haven't done anything to even validate such criticism. My post was more of a heads up for anon than anything else. It seems that your accusation applies to you more than it does to me.
>>
>>36017165
>calling me a presumptuous faggot means you're the presumptuous faggot!
A
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>36017191
no u

faeg
>>
>>36017191
*unleashes katana* "Nothing personal kid" *teleports behind you* "But you are starting a fight you cannot win." *Cuts you in half" "Yare Yare daze"
>>
>>36017080
he probably thought you were a danger to yourself or others dude

>tfw told my therapist about eliza
>>
>>36017216
Excuse me, sir? *shuffles cards* that's an, erm - sir, that's an ad hominem fallacy as they say in Rome? Indeed, it's quite ironical! *gigglesnort* and there is no means of falsifying or validating the datum.
>>
>>36017240
>Using the fallacy-fallacy
Shrek yourself before you rekt yourself
>>
>>36017231
>told my therapist about eliza
What'd he/she say?
>>
>>36017262
You do actually have autism if you don't see my use was deliberate and ironic and you should make an appointment with a doctor.
>>
>>36016364

Therapy only works if you think that it is going to work. Confession and talking a good friend about your problems would probably work just as well as therapy. But no, is consumerist America, it's better to give someone a couple hundred bucks an hour with a toilet paper degree to listen to your problems.

Therapy, when I went, just made me realize how much I hated liberals. Just as confession worked if you were a Catholic, living in a Catholic country, and tried to listen to Catholic values. Therapy only works if you were/are a liberal, living in a liberal country, and tried to adhere to liberal values. It has no objective value, it is always a roundabout way of saying, "The reason you're not happy because you don't follow the mainstream dogma of the society you live in. And you don't follow it because you're too smart, too skeptical, and that makes you an outcast. If only you could accept Jesus/progressivism, you would be a much happier person."

They're probably right. But it doesn't mater.
>>
Dealing with depression myself for about 10 years I have some theories now about what's actually going on. The root, anon is self-identity, the meta-thought you have before consciously put forth a response. Self-identity can be changed, but the method likely needs to be in accordance with the way you first developed it. On a phone so will continue..
>>
File: ce8.png (19KB, 637x462px) Image search: [Google]
ce8.png
19KB, 637x462px
>>36017289
the joke is on you friendo. I was just pretending to be stupid.
>>
>>36017080
What did you even expect them to offer you edgelord? Besides, you don't seem to understand interactions between living beings either if you think like that.

Furthermore, psychiatry is a shit discipline made by Jews to attain money and nothing less. Should've just merged with psychology already.
>>
>>36017325
It's actually on you because I knew you were pretending to be stupid but I responded like you weren't knowing you'd come clean. You are my puppet, roachie.
>>
>>36017316
Is this some sort of pet mind theory? If so, please continue.
>>
>>36016364
It should be a requirement that only depressed, or otherwise fucked up, people can be therapists.
>>
File: IMG_0056.jpg (18KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
18KB, 231x218px
>>36016777
>tfw called this therapist group to make an appointment with one doctor
>psychologist is all booked up for the next two months anon, would you be okay seeing Dr. Rosenburg
>y-yes
I have my first appointment with him tomorrow. I'm not full 1488 but I do have a strong distaste for Jews. What do
>>
>>36016364
>therapy only works for normies who's bigggest issue is getting dumped by their 10th bf/gf

news at 11
>>
>>36017360
You actually just responded in the exact same manner I have calculated since the start of this thread. Pretending to be pretending really put you off guard senpai.
>>
>>36017434
Predict THIS *grabs dick*
>>
>>36017306
>tfw this is 100% true
True intelligence is a double edged sword.
>>
>>36017445
I will allow you to play with it, but only if you have a feminine boi pucci.
>>
>>36017331
>calls him an edge lord
>proceeds to muh ebin jew meme
fucking lel
>>
I went to therapy once a couple months ago. She was trying to help, give her best advice and whatever but it really was normie-tier.
>Try going out more. Increase the number of people you meet this week to 3 people!
>try to set a schedule for yourself so you get things done
She knew i liked reading so she gave me a list of some books
>crappy shitty books about practicing sympathy or meditation
But ultimately, i never felt she actually gave a shit. She never wrote notes down in her notepad. Sometimes, she'd be late.
>just casually 15 minutes late to an appointment I scheduled. No worries

I took 2 things away. She probably isn't equipped to help out with my narrative anymore than anyone else would be. Just keep that stuff bottled down till i kms.

And secondly, at least, it was kind of enjoyable to talk to someone about my shit. But by the end, when I gave up, I realised i don't really desire social interaction. In fact, I wish the complete opposite where I didn't want it. Ofcourse, ultimately, as a human being and hence, a social being, it's hard to subvert your programming. So I've been actively trying to do that now, or inactively depending on how you word it.

Eventually, I just went on SSRIs when I stopped seeing her.
>>
>>36016364
I will say this AGAIN

When you're really mentally ill (have a diagnosed disorder etc.) and not just a normie going through a rough patch then therapy ISN'T there to help you

It exists to protect the society FROM you by turning you into an obedient slave who accepts his fucked up fate and just gives up on making real change. Literally everything about therapy is focused on acceptance.
>>
>>36017487
*shoves my fat masculine manly cock down your throat*
>>
>>36017701
*grin* "Ha you fell for it" *vores you down as I transform into sonic the hedgehog*
>>
>>36017316
So, "Spineless, Unpleasant, Coward" This is the self-identity metafilter. If someone were to ask "a hungry tiger is coming at you, what do you do?" you respond with "(i am spineless, therefore i) freeze and shortly get eaten." If you instead have a (I am brave & quick-thinking) self-identity your choices may be to run or defend yourself with a pointed stick etc. So this identity changes everything. Especially something like:

>>36016777
You're depressed because of external events? Subject matter aside, it's your feeling of inability to ACT on these events, but only IF you don't believe you're Dynamite with a laser beam, guaranteed to blow our minds.

>>36017495
It seems those methods were in hopes of changing your self-identity. But really I think the identity must come first. Like telling a 2 year old "You're a princess" The identity comes first, then the action comes later.
>>
>>36018606
Well, yeah. That's kind of what depression is. You view yourself in a way that is counter-intuitive. You identify yourself as shit even if you aren't "necessarily" shit. That's why it's a psychological problem. Ultimately, there isn't really catharsis nor is what you said.
>Identity comes first
it's a tautological cycle. You can't get out of it because you don't see outside of it. Like Gavlow's hammer.
>>
>>36018606
Bullshit. Changing what you regard as yourself won't change your personality and at best, it will make you act insincerely. While you're right at how it more or less works, it just isn't that simple.

You have to be aware of your temperament, personality and traits before you try to change yourself or it will fail because you choose to ignore your limits.
>>
>>36018715
>it's just low self-esteem bro

No. Depression is like a fever, in which it is a defense mechanism caused by many types of problems which are unforeseeable at first glance.
>>
>>36016400

Exactly why I never did therapy. Thry can't fix my health problems or give me a working body or an average looking face or make me taller.

Talking about it won't solve anything unless your problems are all in your head.
>>
It's stupid how therapy is considered a cure-all. My therapist is a nice person, but my problem is being unable to enjoy things, and there's really nothing he can do to help me besides tell me things I already know (like have a healthy diet, or exercise more). Plus, in that atmosphere it's very difficult to make a personal connection because he likes to make jokes and regular conversation alongside it. I can't think on my feet well, so it all falls flat.
>>
>>36018715
Well it might be that you don't have to see outside of it, just create it. Do it like a nihilist - it doesn't matter, so just create it, repeat it until you believe it. Repeat it for months or years - the same way it was created - and it will stay, then you can act it without resistance.

>>36018735
"Insincere" and "What you regard" is just relative - your identity is not the same as "I tend to do this" it was created by those trends, but it's still not them.
>>
>>36016364
>"Spineless, Unpleasant, Coward"

Title of my memoirs
>>
>>36016400
This
Fuck, I was miserable throughout high school because I had romantic feelings from my sister. I was sure as fuck not going to say that to no fucking therapist. Even though they say they don't tell anything to anybidy, like my parents, I'm sure something would leak ruining our family.

Had to lie about being bullied and shit. Even said I had aspergers.
>>
File: 1416612409534.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416612409534.png
27KB, 400x400px
>Doctor recommends me for talking therapy
>Go see a psychiatrist who recommends that I be referred to group sessions
>Explain that I don't like being in groups of people and don't function well in groups
>Keeps trying to push group therapy on me
>Every time refuse it
>"Well how do you expect us to help you if you're not willing to help yourself? :/"
>>
>>36020085
Why the fuck would they recommend group therapy to someone who repeatedly states they don't feel comfortable in groups? If anything that would make you more resentful and closed off to therapy, since other people are just talking about their own shit and you're busy trying to function. I swear some normies are so egocentric, it's amazing they would choose a profession like that with so little empathy for others.
>>
>>36020126
>Why the fuck would they recommend group therapy to someone who repeatedly states they don't feel comfortable in groups

Many therapists believe in immersion therapy
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
What's your problem?

I can't walk.

Nope, your problem is that you keep TELLING YOURSELF you can't walk!
>>
>>36016364
When I was a teenager I had a therapist assigned to me as part of an outreach program. I had zero trust for the government after a previous breach of """"confidentiality*"""" and this extended to the psychologist they assigned me to. She was lovely though early 30s tall, blonde and genuinely bright. Since I was autisticly awkward, I couldn't look at her while we talked, or I would start spewing spaghetti from every oriface and pocket. As part of the outreach program she would drive me around town and take me for lunch, was pretty good deal for me. I never trusted her to actually keep quiet about my problems while working in the same office as the people who were in charge of the government programs I was on, so we just wound up talking about philosophical ideas and science phenomena. She said she quite enjoyed the talks, not sure if she actually did or was just saying that. But she taught me the kind of questions that psychologists ask their patients, so I don't really need another one anymore. I already know what they ask and can just simulate it myself.
>>
File: I love linken park.jpg (17KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
I love linken park.jpg
17KB, 250x176px
>>36020218

Fuck off

I'd gladly lose both my legs for the ability to feel happiness again
>>
>>36016519
>and ridicule me for certain things I'd say and open up about.
what kind of things did they say?
>>
My therapist told my to find an example of an autist like me who able to improve himself. Anyone have a suggestion?
>>
>>36020140

Immersion therapy/CBT does work but it has to be tailored to the individual and varies depending on how good your therapist is.

I used to be completely unable to look people in the eye till my therapist got angry at me one session and forced me to look her in the eye.

After a while you get used to it then it stops making you anxious.

It's the core concept of the therapy. You do a thing that makes you anxious enough times till you stop feeling anxious. You do need a clear set of achievable goals though because otherwise it won't work.

I can look people in the eye and sort of go into a quiet coffee shop now but I'm still a complete social recluse and loser.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.