[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you are depressed because you lack anything in the top 3 levels,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: maslow-pyramid[1].jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid[1].jpg
26KB, 502x369px
If you are depressed because you lack anything in the top 3 levels, you are an ungrateful pussy whining over first world problems.
>>
>>36011275
Add sex to the bottom level where it belongs, faggot
>>
File: 14697w7752.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
14697w7752.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>36011275
>what is being clinically depressed

Depression is not having the sadz.
>>
Not depressed, just not content with life either.
>>
Problems are relative, dumb autist
>>
>>36011275
If you're depressed, this pyramid doesn't even exist. Food, water, warmth, rest lmao
>>
Not depressed just sad. Also

>m-muh there's always worse than you argument

That doesn't help anyone nore is it an actual argument. Let's just say more people die from cancer per year than aids. That doesn't make aids irrelevant because "there's worse conditions than it"
>>
You removed sex you cunt.
>>
but depression as a concept comes from the lack of the top three

you know what lack of the bottom two is? fucking fear. terror, panic, imminent death. you don't have time to be depressed because you're going to die.

depression comes from having the basic essentials but lacking that spark in life that makes life feel worth living
>>
>>36011867
Agreed, without the top three you're nothing but a husk.
>>
>>36011275
If you're lacking in the bottom two levels, you're basically on the level of a caveman. Your problems are less third-world problems and more stone-age problems.
>>
jokes on you faggot im homeless
>>
>>36011937
You posting from the public library? I'm probably gonna be homeless soon myself.
>>
>>36011275
You got rid of sex on the bottom.
>>
>>36011867
rating this feel.
>>
>>36011867
>depression comes from having the basic essentials but lacking that spark in life that makes life feel worth living

perfect
>>
>>36011275
I guess i lack security. I'm 24, haven't got an education and i'm doing high school classes because i'm a fuckhead. I'm dependant on my parents otherwise i'd lack all 5 levels.
>>
I agree, but that just makes me feel even worse about my problems.
>>
>>36011275
I've got water, rest, some warmth, and relative "safety"/"security" (I live in a really shitty neighborhood you're the only thing between me and the hoodlums is my door)

Food is one that comes and goes, really one meal a day.
I'm going to bed for dinner tonight :(
I lack the rest of them

Fuck you
>>
>>36011312
sex is not a physiological need
>>
File: gv46354y54.png (724KB, 928x475px) Image search: [Google]
gv46354y54.png
724KB, 928x475px
>>36011325
WeIl imagine my shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcZCZkekxxg
>>
>>36011867
Bottom is pain, second is fear and third is depression or loneliness.
I may have the safety and physiological needs achieved most of time, but my social anxiety still gives me fear.
>>
>>36011364
>>36011404
>>36011813
The point is that by just feeling grateful for having the bottom two, you can avoid and negative feelings associated with lacking or failing at those higher drives.
>>
>>36013018
>>36011922
False, you would still be in the realm where you can be happy simply by changing your mind. This is why money only makes people happy insofar as it relieves their survival and security needs, and beyond that increased wealth has no effect on your life satisfaction.
>>
File: 4f9.jpg (28KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
4f9.jpg
28KB, 600x494px
>>36011275
- internet user complains about greed.
- kek
>>
>>36011275
They call them needs for a reason
>>
>>36013303
It is. You get increased dophamine levels when having sex + it has more health benefits.
No sex leads to /r9k/ culture
>>
File: 1472529632671.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1472529632671.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>36013647
Its not a need, its possible to go your whole life a virgin and still be exceedingly healthy and happy. Sex is necessary for the survival of the human species, but you as an independent living organism that already exists absolutely do not require sex to sustain yourself.

Source: I am a 28 year old virgin and happier than 98% of 4chan users
>>
>>36013690
Every time I see a study it says some characteristic of me shortens your life by a drastic amount
>>
>>36013690
thats because you are delusional. we want sex because our bodies want to procreate, if we cant wel fail and get unhappy.
the goverment should have state prostitues to fufill this need btw
>>
File: pogarda-500x400.jpg (48KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
pogarda-500x400.jpg
48KB, 500x400px
>>36013742
>Someone says they're happy.
>Gets told they're delusional.
I love /r9k/
>>
>>36011275
>>36013356
The whole point of the Hierarchy of Needs is that everyone always wants for something, you don't become happy by checking items off the list of things you need. You've turned it around completely and are saying you should find joy in what you have, which again is not how it works.

The only real happiness is through finding inner peace and realizing that neither what you have nor what you want is the source of a satisfying existence.

>>36011867
>depression as a concept
Depression isn't an idea, it's a diagnosable disease. It can be triggered or egged on by things like stress, but most people who deal with depression experience it in waves. It shows up, it leaves (ideally), but it always comes back.

You're thinking of something like just being really sad and unsatisfied. You could call it despair, but calling it "depression" and conflating it with the medical usage of that term is flat out wrong.
>>
>>36011275
Nobody can be sad unless they have the worst life on the planet, since someone always has it worse.

Sorry abused little Timmy. I know youre beaten and raped nightly, but you have food water and shelter you little shit. Your life is great and you have no right to be unhappy.
>>
"First World Problems" is such a stupid thing to say. Of course my problems pertain to the First World, sorry I don't live in a shithole.
>>
>>36011275
Depression can be caused by environmental factors (what Maslow's about) or by chemical imbalances or genetic factors.
So you can have the complete pyramid and still be depressed.
Also, r9k seems to be filled with people depressed because they lack the third section (no gf, no friends, family not supporting me emotionally) so this board is a weird place to post this.
>>
>>36013742
>we want sex because our bodies want to procreate
Not necessarily. Human bodies excrete sex pheromones, your system can actually get "flooded" with these if there are too many sexually active members of a species in an environment, and when it gets "flooded" sexual pursuits are avoided more frequently. This is actually a natural and beneficial response, if there are too many sexually active people in an area in nature it'd mean that area isn't a good place to have children because resources become scarce. This is why we see large cities periodically abandoned throughout history, and is imo part of the cause of herbivore males and other similar phenomena in our present world.

>the goverment should have state prostitues to fufill this need btw
They're called single moms
>>
>>36014337
That's not real happiness, that's Buddhism and/or Hinduism. (i also remember signs of such thinking in Ancient Greece, but not clearly enough to talk about)

Frankly told "Real" Happiness is a concept that's fought over since decades,
This robot had chosen something akin to Existential philosopy:
To each their own, both what makes you feel happy and what you think deserves the title of true happiness And brings you joy is fair game.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.