[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do women actively avoid science fiction?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: BSG-vs-Lost-e1379588569332.jpg (111KB, 598x526px) Image search: [Google]
BSG-vs-Lost-e1379588569332.jpg
111KB, 598x526px
Why do women actively avoid science fiction?
>>
Women don't have any cool interests or hobbies. They think liking Harry Potter and knowing how to draw makes them unique
>>
>>36009742
>Lost
>science fiction
>>
Because most women are stupid human beings who don't like to entertain the notions of a fictional world, because they think that sort of thing is 'childish'. They also don't really like to think and prefer to be 'practical' and only pay attention to their everyday problems. Essentially, women are boring.
>>
>>36009806
It's "soft" science fiction. I posted that image because they're both pretty much the same show, but BSG didn't get the desired number of female viewers advertisers wanted, just because it was presented as science fiction.
>>
Battlestar Galactica is obvious, but women love Lost. Lost isn't that good plot wise, but it presents itself well.

To address your bigger concern that is beyond your picture, women in general also love sci fi/video games/comics once it becomes mainstream. What they don't do is search for themselves.

A woman will never watch anything that society at large doesn't acknowledge, or that her SO didn't queue up during netflix and chill.

This is true for most normies desu. Not just women. Video games were super nerdy and obscure, then GOW for the fratboys and Portal memes for the gamur grilz
>>
>>36009878
T.B.H got corrected to desu wtf?
>>
>>36009878
Video games were always mainstream.
>>
>>36009904
Chad did not play vidya in 2002
>>
>>36009904
With the small exception of the Atari era and Chad occasionally going to the arcade with his gf they were always niche hobby before the 5th generation
>>
>>36009878
>This is true for most normies desu. Not just women.
This. It's just that women are much worse about it. With women, there's a greater pressure to conform to societal norms and the societal norm for women is to disassociate from nerdy things as much as possible, mostly due to the ostracization other women would put them through. Women HATE nerdy shit, for no real reason other than the fact that it's nerdy and associated with losers. Even the 'nerdy' ones take care to hide their hobbies from most people, only indulging in video games, anime, whatever in the privacy of their homes. Not to mention they also take care not to dig too deep into their mediums, for fear of looking like a weirdo who likes something no one else has heard of. This is why their tastes are super fucking plebby 99% of the time.
>>
>>36009933
He absolutely did. I don't know anyone who hadn't played video games by 2002. Halo was out the previous year.

>>36010057
It's been very mainstream since NES. Seven million of them were sold in the U.S. by 1988, when there were about ninety million households. That's far more than niche.

Playing video games never made you special, and it wasn't why you were unpopular. You were left alone because you acted like it's what you wanted.
>>
>>36010140
Asians don't count
>>
>>36010140
>Playing video games never made you special, and it wasn't why you were unpopular. You were left alone because you acted like it's what you wanted.
To be fair, it's more about WHAT games you played. Yeah, everyone played Mario, everyone played Mortal Kombat, everyone played Halo. But most actual hardcore gamers, or gaming enthusiasts, or just people who play video games, or whatever you want to call them, always played a bunch of other games aside from the big, popular games that everyone else played. Take, for one thing, WRPGs. Now I've never really been into that genre myself, but for fucking years, it was a niche thing that a sizable chunk of more hardcore gamers were into. Now all of a sudden, thanks to Skyrim, Fallout, and Mass Effect, everyone and their mom just "loves" RPGs these days.
>>
>>36010274
Consuming a product is never something to be proud of. Shut up and make something.
>>
>>36010319
>Consuming a product is never something to be proud of.
It is when you feel like you've found something amazing, be it a game you felt was amazing and you enjoyed it so much, you put 100s of hours into it, or finding a really cool underground band you feel is underrated and deserves more recognition.
>>
>>36009848
If this was true, women wouldn't be into magic/fantasy/horoscopes as much as they are. Also the notion that women are more practical-minded than men is just laughable
>>
>>36010721
Men really are just as irrational. Impractical cars, watches, sports, (((guns))), etc.
>>
File: 9ff.png (198KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
9ff.png
198KB, 550x535px
>>36009742
>Season 6 of Lost

What the FUCK were they thinking.
>>
>>36010721
>If this was true, women wouldn't be into magic/fantasy/horoscopes as much as they are.
Running a bit into circular logic territory here, but that shit appeals to their stupid feminine love for horoscopes, which in turn explains their love for magic and fantasy. They love that stupid cosmic bullshit that has no real basis in scientific reality. They love magic, both fictional, and "magic", stupid shit that's supposed to enhance relationships and whatnot, like aphrodisiacs. They love it because it appeals to their emotions rather than logic. Also note how generally, when it comes to fantasy, women love supernatural fantasy like Anne Rice books and Twilight. They don't actually like anything well-written, just anything that appeals to their feminine emotions and sexuality.

I love fantasy but let's be real, it's an inherently dumber genre than sci-fi.

>Also the notion that women are more practical-minded than men is just laughable
I think you misunderstood what I meant by practical. I mean that women tend to care more about their actual relationships irl, including friendships and possible romantic relationships, gossip that's going around at work, their children, etc.
>>
>>36010944
I don't disagree with any of this, but yes, women are and do entertain childish notions in their own way. "Practical," was just some unfortunate wording
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.