[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you student looking for a job this summer? Tired of being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: fish_process092.jpg (42KB, 360x315px) Image search: [Google]
fish_process092.jpg
42KB, 360x315px
Are you student looking for a job this summer? Tired of being a useless NEET? Be a seafood processor in Alaska with me. Most companies pay for your flight to alaska and give you free room and board. You work for a couple months during the summer season and then you fly back home. No work experience needed!
The shifts are long but any shifts over 8 hours give you overtime pay.
In particular, the red salmon season, which i'm doing this summer, goes from late june until late july. Basically I'll be making more than 4000 dollars in about five weeks and still have over a month to chill at home before I go back to school.
>>
>>36007445
t. Seafood processor plant owner
>>
>>36007445
>spend all day on a dirty ship
>manual labor literally 24/7
>maybe three hours of sleep per night if you're lucky

No thanks anon
>>
>>36007445
>Most companies pay for your flight to alaska and give you free room and board
Interesting op. Ill look into it. It sounds like a way to make money but idk if I'm cut out for the work. Not super sharp with logistical things but I managed when I was loading trucks at a ups warehouse
>>
>>36007480
that picture doesn't look like it's on a ship
>>
>>36007445
I don't post or even lurk that much anymore, but this is the second time I've seen you shill this.

>The shifts are long but any shifts over 8 hours give you overtime pay.

Yeah, I'm not American, but that's actually how it is for every hourly wage job. Overtime pay isn't something that's exclusive to the fishing industry.

It's also the worst fucking possible job for robots that do nothing all day but be hunched over a computer, whether it's at school or at home.

On their first shift, if they havent accidentally cut off a few of their fingers on the first fish, they'll just immediately quit after the unbearable pain of being made to stand on their feet for more than a few minutes.
>>
>>36007445
You've gotta be joking. I did this for a season and it was the most depressing shit of my life. The whole boat was filled with ex convicts and miscreants who were ALL alcoholics. It's slave tier labor and the 12hr shifts are so fucking long
>>
Sign me the fuck up

fjdivjdi
>>
File: for real.png (288KB, 542x529px) Image search: [Google]
for real.png
288KB, 542x529px
DON'T FALL FOR THIS MEME
>work in processing plant
>push 1000lb racks full of halibut,herring,crab
>have to stand for 18 hours per day in one spot
>live in a shitty room with like 5 people you don't know
>a lot of ex convicts
>lots of them will zero in on you like high school bullies, they can smell it
>no bennies
>oy vey, but you get 12 bux an hour,if you work 8 hours straight you'll get 14 whopping dollars per hour
>gets fucking cold
>water tastes god tier though
>get cut a lot
>pay for company food
>live in company house
>go to company store
>go to company bar
>you're not even making any real money, you're just a legal slave

fuck this bull shit,try to get a dish washing gig at a cruise ship
>>
The guys on this board would not last 1 week working a job like that. That type of work is no joke, standing in a cold ass factory type setting constantly working with very few breaks.
>>
>>36007822
>try to get a dish washing gig at a cruise ship

That's still better than working in Alaska aka North Mexico but it's still pretty bad.

>Surrounded by fun-having normies
>barely any hotties to look at either, it's mostly retirement-age couples
>stuck on a fucking boat
>diseases gets passed around super easily and everyone gets violent diarrhea.

working as a dish washer is alright though, pretty robot-tier.
>>
You bums should just get jobs on cargo ships
>Make 30,000 in the span of 3 months
>Entirely on sea away from people
>Can be contract only so you can work as much or as little as you want
>Explore exotic lands (biding it's mostly on shore leave for like 24 hours before you take off again, but it's still interesting)

You can walk in off the street and get started at a port, but it's not likely you'll be picked up for a contract on a ship, and if you do you'll be the low boy. If you apply to the merchant navy academy in Maryland, you're guaranteed a promotion on graduation in addition to a guaranteed contract, while also getting preference in future contracts.
>>
>>36007480
He said seafood processor not fisherman.

You basically gut and scale fish then package it.
>>
>>36008012

I work with an ex-merchant marine, did it his whole life and he told me the hoops you have to jump through these days to be one is not worth it. Guy had to shell out $9500 for just one license/class he needed.
>>
>>36007802
ANSWER ME, OH PEE
>>
>>36008012
This is what I will do if I'm 25 and still a loser. I'll just take to the sea.
>>
>>36008257
http://akgeneralsfds.theresumator.com/apply/i7tYYQ/Naknek-Seafood-Processor
here desu
>>
>>36008324
Dope, thank you.
>>
>>36007445
stop your shilling
>it'll smell like shit
>you'll be cramped in with a bunch of chinks
>you'll be all sweaty and stinky once your done
just stay NEET or get a actually good job
>>
>>36008307

its not that easy dude trust me
>>
>>36008324
What's hourly wage?
>>
>>36008486
10/hr, 15 for overtime
>>
TFW WHY SHOULDNT I DO THIS ALL SUMMER FOR LEARNING EXPIERENCES

aron clery aslo told me to work in oilfields if i have no expierence, there cant be alot of convicts in alaska either
>>
I have a few friends that do this every year. They'll work there in the summer and at a ski resort in the winter and spend the rest of the year traveling with the money they've earned. Sounds pretty nice.
>>
>>36008584
idk if they're still hiring because it's not peak season but loading trucks at UPS paid the same as that. There's overtime for late arriving packages or whatever reason people can find to clock out late.
I'll consider the opportunity because I've worked shitty jobs and it sounded like good money/interesting experience but if the pay isn't worth it isn't worth.
>>
>>36007445
I don't fucking want overtime. I want a stable job that I can rotate my life around.
>>
>>36007822
>lots of them will zero in on you like high school bullies, they can smell it
I find that I get this result everywhere. I'm really just shit. It wouldn't even be that bad if I could find a way to make a living interacting with as few people as possible. I'll try washing dishes.
>>
>>36008604
>aaron clarey

Are you talking about that faggot manlet who gives shitty advice on jewtube and cons people into paying him for obvious advice he gets from google?

>muh bakken oil fields

>dude its free money just ignore the shitty working conditions or how deregulated the industry is

Fuck off.
>>
>>36008659
Load trucks at a warehouse my dude. M-F 2a-(sometimes later)-10a (approx) 10$ an hour. Don't really need to talk to anyone and all you do is load boxes onto drivers' trucks. Loaders can take the course to become a 20$~/hr driver after working there after a couple months? I've never really asked about it but I've known guys in other pens that made it. Apparently my local UPS had a particularly tough warehouse though other places should have less hours and much lighter work. Look around see what you're comfortable with
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.