[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate your city

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 19

ITT: We gives grades to the cities we are from

I'll start

>Pittsburgh, PA

>Crime
B. There are definitely places to watch out for, but the crime rate is generally not bad

>Aesthetic
B+. Surprisingly good for a former industrial town, especially driving into the city

>Things to do
C-. Not all that much really, could be much worse

>Weather
D-. I don't mind gray skies so it's not a big deal to me, but for most people it sucks

>Natural Disasters
A+. No hurricanes, earthquakes, droughts, forest fires, most parts are too high to flood, no lake effect, no volcanoes, an irrelevant tornado every 20 years or so.

>Relevancy
D+ Steelers and Batman only

>History
F compared to the rest of the world, C for USA.

>Housing
A. Cheap as fuck compared to the rest of the country

>Location
B-. Only a 4 hour drive to DC and 6 to NYC but not near anything good in close proximity
>>
>>36006240
>Dayton, OH
>Shitty

Welp, that's about it
>>
>>36006240
>Manchester New Hampshire

>Crime
D Fucking horrible, don't live here

>Aesthetic
B It does have really old Mills left over from the Industrial Revolution, and the snow is really pretty

>Things to do
D Rock climbing and drinking, that's just about it

>Weather
A Snow! lots and lots of Snow. Not too cold in the winter, not too hot in the summer, doesn't get humid, really nice weather wise

>Natural Disasters
A Literally nothing but an ice storm a few years ago

>Relevancy
F Half of you guys probably didn't even know New Hampshire Existed

>History
C Some of the First Factories in the US were built here, so that's got to count for something

>Housing
D Fucking hell, its all so expensive and it makes me want to die

>Location
F New Hampshire is literally the middle of buttfuck nowhere, who wants to live here other than crazy libertarians? Not to mention, by other State's standards, this city isn't even considered a city, Its about the size of a normal town in some parts of the nation, but by New Hampshire standards, its our ONLY city
I guess it isn't so bad, I mean hey, at least we aren't Trashua
>>
Los Angeles

Everything is here but that includes tons of chads and Staceys
>>
>>36006668
Do you ever see famous people?
>>
File: 1437722159682.jpg (57KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
1437722159682.jpg
57KB, 500x548px
>Austin, TX
I really hate that the cost of having bike lanes and decent food is being surrounded by the scum of the earth.

>Crime
tons of it, but it's cool because we're a sanctuary city so we pretend like it doesn't exist

>Aesthetic
8/10

>Things to do
i mean there's technically always something to do but it's usually not worth it

>Weather
it's 10/10 during the winter, but summer is KYS weather

>Natural Disasters
are Californians considered a natural disaster?

>Relevancy
it's like Portland's much less successful cousin

>History
no idea, so probably none

>Housing
stupid expense, it isn't worth it unless you're mooching off a relative like i am

>Location
pretty good i guess
>>
>>36006736
By the beach, especially santa Monica, and pretty much Malibu, yeah, but go east and then it becomes Mexico 2.0, to s of insecure manlet Mexicans. If you visit stay by midcity-western parts for the authentic LA experience
>>
File: port-of-tauranga.jpg (2MB, 2043x1359px) Image search: [Google]
port-of-tauranga.jpg
2MB, 2043x1359px
>>36006240
>Tauranga, New Zealand

>Crime
B+. No real crime. Maybe something would get stolen if you left it sitting outside.

>Aesthetic
B. Some parts are pretty, almost tropical. The city itself is pretty average.

>Things to do
C-. No young people. Very few activities other than the beach.

>Weather
B. Doesn't rain often, but I like the rain. Usually sunny, regarded as best weather in the country.

>Natural Disasters
B+. Only in danger of tsunami, and maybe a weak earthquake.

>Relevancy
F. Nothing

>History
D-. Young city. Country was only settled in late 1800s. Only history is war with indigenous people.

>Housing
D-. Expensive as fuck.

>Location
C. Located in New Zealand, have to take a plane to go anywhere worth going. Close enough to Auckland to allow easy travel
>>
>>36006240
my yinz

>D+ for relevancy
you'd be surprised with the massive importance pittsburgh has in niche markets
>>
>>36006240
Polish hill reporting in.
>>
>Montevideo, Uruguay

>Crime
Lots of it everywhere, corrupt cops only make it worse.
>Aesthetic
Plain ugly except for some areas,

>Things to do
Nothing, its boring and sad as fuck.

>Weather
Mostly gray skies, with some blue sky days, overall depressing shit.
>Natural Disasters
None of them except for a small tornado every once in a while in the outers of the city.

>Relevancy
Nobody knows this shithole exists

>History
Boring third-world history.

>Housing
Expensive as hell, especially rent, completely unpayable for local workers.

>Location
Capital city of the country, it offers all kinds of services.
>>
Traverse City, Michigan

>crime
A, almost non existent besides some drug abuse

>aesthetic
A, pretty as fuck, living on the coast of Lake Michigan and all

>things to do
C, unless you really like nature everything else her is built for tourists.

>weather
D, winters are ass, it's snowed through April before. The summers are nice

>natural disasters
A, only the yearly nasty blizzard

>Relevancy
B, very popular tourist spot

>History
F

>Housing
D, little to no affordable housing. Any property here is pricy as fuck, if your rich enough to own any property, chances are you own a house somewhere else so you don't have to last through the winters.

>location
B, we aren't close to any cities but the lakes make it worthwhile
>>
>San Jose, California
>Crime B+
Areas with high Asian/Population low in crime, but Mexican areas are high
>Aesthetic B-
Everything under construction; some areas are super nice and modern, but some areas are total poor and shit.
>Things to Do ?
Don't know
>Weather A
Varies; temperatures average ~65-80 F
>Natural Disasters
Earthquakes, tsunamis, drought, liberalism
>Relevancy A
Lots of tech companies
>History D
Nothing of real historical significance
>Housing F
Shitty houses can sell for $1 million
>Location B
1 hour from San Fransisco,3-4 hours from LA
>>
File: Firenze.jpg (165KB, 1080x640px) Image search: [Google]
Firenze.jpg
165KB, 1080x640px
>Florence, Italy

>Crime
Not much, as long as you're not a complete idiot.
Never heard of anyone getting mugged or anything like that.
There are some weird zones where you can find whores, trannies that are a "you shouln't go there" point, but just because they're just a little away from the law, so they're "dangerous". Honestly Walking trough them isn't that dangerous.

>Aesthetic
I don't like it much, but hey, I'm used to it.
People come from all over the world to take pictures of stuff in the city, so I guess it's pretty nice looking?

>Things to do
There are clubs and stuff. I don't know where they are because I'm a robot. But I know there are some. You should ask someone else.

>Weather
It's always sunny in Italy isn't it?
For some weird reason It NEVER snows here. Even when in all italy snows, we're safe from it.
Also, it's a city that's built in between hills, in summer it gets Somewhat hot (30 or so degrees). We say that "Firenze e' costruita in una conca" > "Florence is built in a bowl".

>Natural Disasters
Not many? We had minor heartquackes last year, but they were pretty far away from the city.
During the 60' The arno Flooded the city tho.

>Relevancy
Not too relevant, not invisible.
It's a small city. You can travel it by foot.

>History
Alot of history. Again, Honestly not interesting. But tastes are tastes.

>Housing
In the center they're sky high.
The more you leave the "hot" zone, the quicker they get low.
A room at 30 minutes from the centre is 550/600 eurobucks/month or so.

>Location
Italy is shit by default.
But tuscany is pretty looking (even if I'm not a fan of nature).
We have good food, wine and such.
>>
>>36006240
>Indianapolis, IN

>Crime
D. A fair amount of it but it's okay. None near my white-ass neck of the woods.

>Aesthetic
C. Good, not great. Driving around downtown at night is fucking awesome though.

>Things To Do
F. It's the fucking Midwest, there's nothing to do except get high, go to Walmart or the Zoo, fuck, and kill people if you're in a seedy part.

>Weather
D. Bipolar as fuck

>Natural Disasters
A. No major ones that I know of so we're doing alright in that department

>Relevancy
C. We have the Colts and Parks And Rec at least.

>History
I can't provide a good answer to that.

>Housing
See above.

>Location
C. As dull as we are we're still pretty damn good compared to the rest of this shithole state.
>>
>>36006240
>Seattle, WA

>Crime
B+. Most of the poor people have been gentrified out of the area, so it's mostly ok. Stay out of Pioneer Square though.

>Aesthetic
A-. Really great but not perfect, I mean no city can be perfect right? The only ugly area is really in the south, where all of the industrial parts are.

>Things to do
A. Lots of stuff to do, provided you've got money or that it's a sunny day.

>Weather
C. The rain isn't as bad as most people think, but during the actual rainy season you'll only have a sunny day once or twice every two weeks.

>Natural Disasters
B. Floods sometimes. Maybe the odd earthquake. Usually not too bad.

>Relevancy
B. Boeing and Amazon are the biggest employers here. Lots of musical influence, lots of other companies started here. I would say it's an influential city, especially in its area.

>History
Not sure how I'd rate this. Basically the same as any other U.S. city, not that interesting.

>Housing
D. Pretty expensive of you're coming from outside.

>Location
A+. Lots of great parks nearby, lots of things to do, I mean, Seattle is the place to be in this area.
>>
>>36006240

>Christchurch, New Zealand

>Crime
C-. Not terrible, but getting far worse

>Aesthetic
A-. The central city has a strange mix of historic and brand new buildings also surrounded in hills and mountains

>Things to do
B+. There's heaps to do when i think about it

>Weather
C. Bipolar. Rainy and cold or hot and dry

>Natural Disaters
F-. lmao. The last 7 years have been plagued by earthquakes, also had a huge bushfire recently even though on that scale they're way rare

>Relevancy
F-. None really

>History
D. The city seems old to me but relatively its still young and sadly most historical buildings fell down in the earthquakes

>Housing
C. Pretty good considering New Zealand's in a housing crisis

>Location
A+. Almost in the dead centre of the South Island of one of the most beautiful countries in thew world, next to the ocean, an hour drive
from the mountains.
>>
File: dennisgettingoff.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
dennisgettingoff.gif
1MB, 167x170px
Philadelphia, PA

>Crime
C-, 'nuff said.

>Aesthetic
C+/B- for anything nonhistoric, but it's getting better. A/A+ for historic areas. A+ food town.

>Things To Do
B. Should be much more given its size.

>Weather
C. Winter's winter, though this seems to surprise everyone every year. Summers have trended increasingly hotter, which makes the city smell a bit pissy by August. Plowing seems nonexistent in some neighborhoods.

>Natural Disasters
A+, though maybe a tree in my neighborhood fell in the freak '11 earthquake/hurricane combo.

>Relevancy
B+. Hosted the Pope and the DNC recently but sometimes it still feels like we're overlooked. I remember seeing the city's police chief interviewed on a major news network and instead of being identified as "Philadelphia Police Chief" he was "Former D.C. Police Chief" for some reason. Tourists apparently do come to Philly though, what with the Liberty Bell 'n' all that.

>History
A+. Only really rivaled by Boston in this dept.

>Housing
B+. There was a point when things felt a bit overpriced for what you were getting, but prices are projected to decrease. Philly's still a city you can just move to to go to school or whatever without a nest egg. Seems like there are a lot of service/low-key jobs atm if you're trying to do other things.

>Location
A. New York close, D.C. a little less so but still no sweat w/ Amtrak. Some unique outlying suburbs/exurbs.
>>
>Portland, Oregon

>Crime
B. The murder rate is low, most criminals are sex traffickers or druggies.

>Aesthetic
A. Trees everywhere, cool old buildings and lots of art in the city.

>Things to do
B. There's a lot of quirky things to do in this city. Lot's of stuff white people like.

>Weather
C. It's always rainy but at least we have 4 seasons.

>Natural Disasters
B+. No significant natural disasters but we're supposed to have a super earthquake soon.

>Relevancy
D. We're not really relevant because the other major cities near us are Seattle and San Francisco.

>History
C. No real significant history besides from a few niggers getting flooded out in the 70's.

>Housing
D. Rent is really expensive and we're heading towards California levels.

>Location
C. Kind of isolated compared to other cities. Oregon is a nice state though.
>>
>>36006240
Vancouver, British Colombia

>Crime
A. Unless you go into shitty parts of the lower mainland, you'll be absolutely fine.

>Aesthetic
A. Really pretty city, with lots of nature and modern buildings.

>Things to do.
B. Lots of athletics and sports. Pretty boring if you are under 19, but once you turn 19 the pubs and bars are a decent.

>Weather
A. I like the rain. Winters are never too cold, summers are never too hot.

>Natural Disasters
A. Until we finally get "the big one" as an Earthquake, we haven't had anything recently.

>Relevancy
B+. After New York, Los Angeles, London, Rome, Paris, Tokyo, and at least ten other cities, I'd say Vancouver can be pretty relevant. Always up there for top of best cities in the world.

>History
D-. Pretty young like the rest of the country, but not too interesting compared to the rest of the country.

Housing
F-. Asian immigrants and investors have ruined everything. It's almost impossible to buy a house here.

>Location
American border is an hour drive for cheap gas. Victoria and Vancouver island is also pretty accessible. Whistler is nice as well.
>>
File: vandal-link.jpg (183KB, 1450x510px) Image search: [Google]
vandal-link.jpg
183KB, 1450x510px
>>36006240
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

>Crime
A+ (No niggers)

>Aesthetic
A+ City on a goddamn lake, with golf course surrounded by mountains.

> Things to do
C- If you don't like extreme sports, hiking, or fishing etc, you will hate it here.

>Weather
B- 4 seasons, nothing extra ordinary. Drive a truck and nothing phases you.

>Natural disasters
A+ None, like seriously. Nothing ever happens here, apart from maybe the lake rising a few extra feet from normal after a good snowfall before spring.

>Relevancy
B+ People from California come here to vacation. It is pretty awesome.

>History
D-, who the fuck cares about History?

>Housing
A+ I can rent an apt for 545 on lakefront property, that is all you need to know.

>Location
B+ 20 min from the next biggest city, one state away. Best location, for everything.
>>
>>36006240
Toronto, Ontario
>Crime
A-. I was robbed once but we have a very low crime rate.
>Asthetic
C. Very ugly except for the lakefront.
>things to do
B. I don't get out much but there's always something going on.
>weather
C. Could be worse.
>natural disasters
A+. Doesn't even snow that much
>relevance
A. Largest city in Canada
>history
D. Just makes me long for a time when Canada wasn't infested with dirty immigrants. (Toronto is over 50% foreign born and up to 70% non white)
>housing
F- Only Vancouver is worse.
>location
B. Can always get on the highway and escape to peaceful rural areas
>>
>>36006240
>Salt Lake City, UT

>Crime
C-. Lots of murders around here, but I find most of the trouble can be avoided if you keep to yourself.

>Aesthetic
B. Pretty nice to stare at. Especially when it rains.

>Things to do
B-. Alotta stuff to do, but most of it requires a bunch of cash.

>Weather
A. Rains/snows a lot, but the summers are insufferable.

>Natural Disasters
A+. Nothing happens, except a minor tornado that happened years ago.

>Relevancy
B. Mostly relevant due to the Olympics, and basketball team.

>History
C. Pretty decent knowledge to be found, mostly Mormon stuff though.

>Housing
C. Moderately expensive if you're living paycheck to paycheck. You're better off applying for Housing help.

>Location
B. You can get anywhere in a few minutes via Trax or bus.
>>
File: montreal-sight-seeing-montroyal.jpg (423KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
montreal-sight-seeing-montroyal.jpg
423KB, 1920x1080px
>Montreal, QC, Canada

>Crime A-. Depends on the area. Most places area really safe though. No worries on the subway or downtown.

>Aesthetic
B+. Surprisingly good for a former industrial town, especially driving into the city

>Things to do B
Quite a bit to do/see. Often decent shows/festivals and sporting events. City has a lot of culture, ok amount of parks and outdoor activities.

>Weather
D-. I don't mind gray skies so it's not a big deal to me, but for most people it sucks

>Natural Disasters B+
No real "disaster" per say, however it's REALLY fucking cold during the winter, often has major snow storms. Winter sucks.

>Relevancy C
I guess it's ok ? Not that well-known worldwide I guess. Home of a few international stars (Celine Dion, GSP, Cirque du Soleil...) and huge hockey team.

>History C
Not much compared to Europe. However some of the best history in North America (French vs English fought for hundreds of years for the area).

>Housing B
Quite cheap for Canada, but the taxes are so high it evens out. Getting pricier and pricier to buy real estate. Lots of old buildings but good if you're rich (Westmount).

>Location C
Canada is so big no location is great. However, 7h from Toronto, 7h from NYC, 3h from Quebec city.
>>
File: IMG_6005.jpg (451KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6005.jpg
451KB, 1280x960px
>>36006240
NYC reporting in
>Crime
7/10. There are places to stay away from obviously but other than that it's good if you're in a safe neighborhood.

>Aesthetic
10/10. Just a ride on the train in the middle of the city or even in the other boroughs with good music would make you feel comfortable.

>Things to do
10/10. Since it's NYC there's a fuckton to do and most of it good.

>Weather
6/10. Winter weather is dreadful and horrible but the summer is always the best.

>Natural Disasters
7/10. We are liable to get hit by the occasional snowstorm or rainstorm, which'll last a while.

>Relevance
10/10. A lot of shit you'd know us for

>History
10/10 for obvious reasons

>Housing
5/10. Costs too much to live in Manhattan and even in other boroughs as well

>Location
9/10. Good distance from Philly and D.C. as well as other places upstate
>>
>>36006240
>Riverside Cali
I give it a solid 9/1000000
>>
File: Montreal-Olympic-Stadium.jpg (229KB, 1600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Montreal-Olympic-Stadium.jpg
229KB, 1600x1042px
>>36009202
Oops fucked up Aesthetic and Weather.

>Aesthetic is pretty decent, maybe a B.

>Weather is whatever I put in natural disasters. natural disasters becomes an A+ I guess.
>>
File: 1[1].jpg (94KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
94KB, 852x480px
>>36006668
>tfw rarely been outside LA county my whole life because poor
Feels bad man.
>tee shirt weather 9 months a year
Feels good man.
>>
>Boise, ID

>Crime
A+. It's not unusual for people to just leave their doors unlocked when they leave the house.

>Aesthetic
C+. It's not horrible and there's a good view of the foothills, but otherwise it's arid garbage.

>Things to do
D-. Nightlife is dead, nothing interesting to do around town, you really gotta "find your own fun" here.

>Weather
B? It's normally sunny year-round with a touch of snow or rain here and there.

>Natural Disasters
A-. Nothing serious but wildfires happen like crazy here.

>Relevancy
F--

>History
F--

>Housing
A++, unbelievably cheap. Which is horrible because you FUCKING CALIFAGS WONT STOP GOD DAMN MOVING HERE AND SHITTING IT UP

>Location
F--------
8 hour drive in any direction before you reach the next major urban center.
>>
>>36008541
>c-

South Auckland here what's happening to Christchurchs crime?
>>
File: cleveland.jpg (200KB, 1590x1060px) Image search: [Google]
cleveland.jpg
200KB, 1590x1060px
Cleveland Ohio, I'm pretty happy here desu
>>
>>36006240
>Terra, Sol
>bottom of the barrel garbage
>>
>Covina, CA

>Crime
B+ Don't really get out much, but I really don't hear about anything too sinister. It's probably starting to get more ghetto though with more condos and apartments popping up.
>Aesthetic
B+ Pretty cozy. It's a suburb so it's more residence than industrial. I like the downtown area the best
>Things to do
C Just an average place I guess. Movies, food, etc.

>Weather
A- It's Cali brah. Winter is the robot season, but I least I can't get SAD. It does get uncomfortably hot in the summer though.

>Natural Disasters
B Not really sure how to rate this but we will sometimes have earthquakes and the mountains catch fire sometimes

>Relevancy
D The Bohemian Rhapsody scene in Waynes World was shot downtown. There's that I guess.

>History
F compared to the rest of the world, C for USA.

>Housing
A. Cheap as fuck compared to the rest of the country

>Location
B- It's like living in LA. There are places to go in every direction, but you have to deal with traffic.

https://youtu.be/thyJOnasHVE
>>
>>36009362

You've never driven I5 to SD or I10 east to Riverside or farther down to Phoenix?
>>
>Grand Forks, ND

>Crime
Low. Just avoid the trailer parks and you're good.

>Aesthetic
LOL

>Things to do
If you're not in the chair force or at UND, nothing really.

>Weather
Coldest place in America at any given moment outside of Alaska. Winter average lows of -40 some years. Nice in the summer at least.

>Natural disasters
1997 flood, a few tornadoes, a few blizzards.

>Relevance
LOL

>History
None

>housing
varies from okay to ridiculous. The year I moved in (2013) there was a 1% vacancy in the entire city. Luckily it's gone down.

>Location
Be prepared to drive. A lot.
>>
>>36009639
>driven
I never driving my whole life. No car, no lisence, nowhere to park a car if I had one. I been to Orange County a bunch of times to field trips places like Knotts, Disneyland and Angels Stadium, and took the bus to Thousand Oaks to go hiking before.
>>
>>36008903
Sorry you have to live with all those faggots, might as well be renamed to Lil'San Francisco
>>
>>36007937
Pioneer Square isn't that bad. I walk there almost every night. Now try living in Capitol Hill. You can get aids just by slipping and falling down, which happens a lot because dog owners let their dogs shit absolutely everywhere.

PS. Fuck this city
>>
>>36006240
>Warwick, NY

>Crime
S. Literally middle of nowhere, small rinky dink town, so not much to worry for.

>Aesthetic
D-. Town center and Sugar Loaf are the only two nice places of living here, otherwise its pretty much the ghetto with cracked sidewalks and rundown houses

>Things to do
C+. Theres stuff to do in town square, and a park. There also is a library with club activities. But that's it, and its pretty sparsed out. No gamestop or technology shit.

>Weather
F-. DO NOT COME HERE EXPECTING NICE WEATHER.

>Natural Disasters
A-. Inland, but not too inland for tornados, and not on a earth plate, so no earthquakes. Along with your on a mountain so no floods, or really anything bad weather wise. All you got Is blizzards but that's alright.

>Relevancy
F-. We were only known for one thing. Which was a meme in 2006 on Youtube. That's it. I want to fucking leave here because of how vacant it is.

>History
D-. Nothing really is relevant about us, again.

>Housing
F-. Way to fucking expensive, especially for how shitty it is.

>Location
Is there a rating worse than F-? Your on a mountain, you have to drive 30 minutes to get to anywhere interesting. 2 Hours from the City. But the drive is super tough.
>>
>36006240

>Silver Spring,MD

>Crime
A Only major crime that happened here was the DC sniper.

>Aesthetic
A- Its a Suburb but its a rich suburb in a rich state so that houses are nice and shit.

>Weather
B- Idk it rains sometimes

>Relevancy
F- Whats a Maryland anyway?

>History
F What good thing ever happened in maryland

>Housing
C its a rich suburb so its higher priced

>Location
A+ 10 miles From Washington dc.
>>
File: WELCOMEMOTHERFUCKER.jpg (134KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
WELCOMEMOTHERFUCKER.jpg
134KB, 960x720px
>Snowhill MD

>Crime
Minimal.

>Aesthetic
Small old-time port town built upon a river. Its rustic and quite now.

>Things to do
FUCKING NOTHING

>Weather
See pic related, honestly though I enjoy rain, and floods aren't a big deal.

>Natural Disasters
Pic related.

>Relevancy
Wow its fucking nothing

>History
Im not going to repeat myself.

>Housing
Somewhat cheap.

>Location
Ass. Out in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>Albuquerque New Mexico

>Crime
F there's a shitload of it here

>Aesthetic
C Not too bad, theres a nice view of the Sandias but most parts of the city are run down and look like shit

>Things to do
F drink and do drugs pretty much.

>Weather
B I like it, low humidity during the summer and a very rare chance of snow during the winter.

>Natural disasters
A, none have happened that I can think of

>Relevency
C Breaking Bad was filmed here,that's kind of cool I guess

>History
D the Spanish came here a long time ago and raped a shitload of the natives. Its a typical history that you can find anywhere in the southwest. Nothing really special about it.

>Housing
B cheap

>Location
D you have to drive pretty far to get to a major city in the bordering states.
>>
>>36006240
Anaheim, CA

>Crime
One of the highest in Orange County along side Santa Ana. However they both hover around the national average, sometimes less than average, so I'm not too worried about it

>Aesthetic
It definitely has its nice areas near Disney and whatnot. Then it has its shitty areas, along with the surrounding cities. I happen to live in the nicer part (east), so It doesn't affect me.

>Things to do
Quite a lot actually. You have Disneyland, Knotts Berry farm, Honda Center, Angels Baseball, great food, Fullerton/Santa Ana bars, and some local jewels like Camelot, Soak City, etc. It's located on the Outskirts of LA county so you're close enough to benefit from LA, but not have to deal with any of its bullshit.

>Weather
It's Socal. It's either raining or it's not. Love this place.

>Natural Disasters
We get a minor earthquake like 2-5 times a year, most people don't notice unless their sitting down. The Big One is always looming, ehh. When it rains, there's the possibility of flooding, but that's very minor.

>Relevancy
We have Disney, the Angels, Mighty Ducks, and used to have the Lakers. I feel pretty relevant.

>History
Not much. You can probably look up some crap from the wild west times from when it was founded. Nothing interesting really

>Housing
EXPENSIVE AS FUCK! Most young people can't afford to live here without roommates. You'll be paying around $1100 for an apartment. The average house in the OC is about $600,000 and that's on the lower end.

>Location
Only a 15-30 minute drive to the beach if you know the freeways well enough. Right next to LA. And an hour or two drive from Sand Diego.
>>
>Poquoson, Virginia

>Crime
A+. the most that happens is someone's stuff gets stolen out of their jacked up truck.

>Aesthetic
C. There's like only 5 spots where it's nice here and it's just wharfs and shit. Sunrises and stuff are pretty.

>Things to do
D+. Go to wendys. Drive around. Walk on the sidewalk. That's about it.

>Weather
C+. It's been freezing lately and it flip flops but it's pretty okay when it's sunny.

>Natural Disasters
C- but B+ lately because it's been a while since we got flooded out the ass

>Relevancy
F. What good thing came from here exactly

>History
D for locals. Known for inbreeding. We were racist and specifically drew city lines behind black areas when it was formed. F for the rest of the usa.

>Housing
D. Houses are expensive as shit. Why even buy a house here when it's going to go underwater in the future.

>Location
B. It is okay-ish because you're near urban stuff.

If you're from here suck a dick
>>
>>36007129
ay, im also in tauranga
lets meet up and wrestle
>>
>>36006240
Haha time for niggers!

>Jackson, MS

>Crime
D-. We're not Detroit or anything, but most of the city is a no-go for white folks

>Aesthetic
D+. Looks like shit for the most part, but every once in a while there's a neat old building. Gets much better outside the city.

>Things to do
F. Get drunk and try not to get shot. Fuck this place.

>Weather
B+. Warm and comfy pretty much all year round. Gets too humid in the summer but fucking going out during daylight anyways.

>Natural Disasters
A. Too far inland to really be threatened by hurricanes. Tornadoes every once in a while, but for the most part pretty safe.

>Relevancy
B- if you're black, F otherwise

>History
B. Lots of local history, but literally all of it is >derp whitey killin' blacks

>Housing
A. Cheap as fuck and people here are retarded so if you can spell your own name, you've got a strong chance of landing a good job.

>Location
A. Best thing about this shithole. Only 3 hours from the beach, and with New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Memphis, Nashville all within comfy roadtripping distance.
>>
>>36009489
I visited Cleveland last year and thought it was great.
>>
>Houston, TX

>Crime
C+. All kinds of crime here but probably average for a city it's size.

>Aesthetic
F-. I hope you like strip malls, no sidewalks, and skyscrapers in random places.

>Things to do
C-. Mostly nothing unless you have a car, otherwise there are plenty of things to do. Lack of nature though.

>Weather
B+. Generally warm to hot which is great if you hate cold weather.

>Natural Disasters
C+. Heavy flooding in recent years. We also get the occasional hurricane or tornado.

>Relevancy
C+. "Energy capital of the world" and home to NASA. Tons of embassies and foreigners.

>History
F. Battle of San Jacinto, but that's about it. Was established in the 1800s.

>Housing
B+. Tons of housing of all kinds. Cheap if you don't want to live somewhere relevant. Otherwise prices skyrocket.

>Location
C-. On the gulf coast and lies between Austin/Dallas/New Orleans. Lack of interesting geography or nature.
>>
File: 170409780.jpg (57KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
170409780.jpg
57KB, 640x360px
Lawrence, Kansas

>Crime
Nothing really. But you couldn't really leave your door unlocked in some neighborhoods. B+
>Aesthetic
Eh, not great. Older side of town including down town is being gentrified, some designs good, some designs awful a lot of trees, though. And hills. This part of tiny part of Kansas actually is kind of hilly. Western, newer side of town is just bland treeless suburbs. C-
>Things to Do
If you're into drinking there's a bustling bar/show/art scene because we're a college town. Downtown is full of cool local businesses. Alternatively we live to the east of a nice Lakefront park with trails and shit. Otherwise, typical suburban consumerist stuff. B
>Weather
Very finniky. Changes radically day to day. Hot summers, cold winters and everything in between at really any given time. Cool cloud scapes though. C, B if you like seasons
>Natural Disasters
None, really. We get hit by the very off tornado, but we're in a valley so anything from the west dissipates before it hits us. B
>Relevancy
College town, Sports (KU), "The Day After" was filmed here. That's it. C
>History
Our town was quite involved in Pre Civil war abolitionists action. Missouri came and destroyed our town in the 1800s lol. Some dude invented basketball here. Pretty cool actually. B
>Housing
The hip, older side of town isn't that cheap. Neither is the newer side, but less so. Lots of apartments though. C
>Location
Less than an hour away from Kansas City, but that's really it. C-
>>
>Utica NY

>Crime
A. Saw a guy get beat the fuck up driving home one day. Surrounding areas police are always posting pictures from thefts in stores.

>Aesthetic
B+. Foot hills of the Adirondacks. Can't complain

>Things to do
D-. Some bars. Nothing major. Have to go out to Syracuse for anything (45 mins away)

>Weather
C-. We have 4 seasons. Winter can drag a bit and sometimes it sucks but otherwise ok.
>Natural Disasters
B+ We have a really bad winter storm sometimes that knocks everything out of cerise once in a while. Otherwise great.

>Relevancy
D- Has a hockey team. Otherwise a dying city.

>History
F+ Was ok once. A long time ago.

>Housing
A. Cheap, No one wants to live here.

>Location
A 1 hour to the capital of NY, 45 minutes to Syracuse, at the foothills of the great outdoors.
>>
>Monterrey, Mexico

>Crime
C+. I've rarely ever experienced it though.

>Aesthetic
C+. Other than the wealthy areas, the mountains and countryside, the city is pretty bland.

>Things to do
F. The same crap every fucking day and night.

>Weather
F. The sun stings like ass and the rain is lukewarm

>Natural Disasters
A. There's been only two of them.

>Relevancy
Z.

>History
F. Uninteresting. Other than the industrial side.

>Housing
C. Overpriced due to muh high household income

>Location
C. Too far from the border. Too far from the sea. Literally in the middle of the nowhere.

I hate this place. Can Trump nuke us already?
>>
I live in a tiny fucking town of 1300 people, I'm not going to say the name because it's so fucking embarrassing.

>Crime
A. Apart from kids being shitheads once in a while, or the odd shitskin from out of town rolling through, there is almost 0 crime.

>Aesthetic
C+. Snow on the ground 5 months of the year, then everything turns to disgusting mud for another month or so. Lots of ugly houses built in the 60s, 70s and 80s everywhere. The summers can be quite beautiful though.

>Things to do
F-. There is literally nothing to do.

>Weather
C-. Unbearably cold for 4 months of the year, uncomfortably cool for another 3 months, comfortable for 3 months, then sweltering heat for 2 months.

>Natural Disasters
A. I mean, apart from winter, which most yuppies would consider a natural disaster, and the odd tornado that touches down outside of town every year or two, there's nothing.

>Relevancy
F. We had a fairly high profile murder in the 90s, but other than that, entirely irrelevant.

>History
F for obvious reasons.

>Housing
A+. Even considering Canada's incredibly inflated housing market.

>Location
F. Not far enough north to be inna woods, not far enough south to be near the US border, hours from the closest big city. Awful.
>>
>>36011969
Small town life, especially in Canada, always seemed very appealing to me. But I guess everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side, since I can't stand city life anymore.

If you don't mind me asking, what province (territory?) do you live in?
>>
>>36011764
Really man? I'm in OP. you going to KU?
>>
>>36006240
>Colorado Springs, CO
literally a C in every category but Denver fags will always say its one big ghetto
>>
>>36006240
>Wichita, KS

>Crime
A-. If you ignore the ghettos you'll be fine, but they need to go back to throwing panhandlers in jail.

>Aesthetic
C+. Downtown, Old Town, midtown, and Riverside are neat. The rest is meh to shit tier.

>Things to do
C. For a city its size it's really got a lot to offer.

>Weather
B+. Except for drought years it's pretty beautiful every season.

>Natural Disasters
B+. The last tornado was in 1992 or 3 and it was pretty inconsequential in the scheme of things.

>Relevancy
F+. We make airplanes and airplane accessories.

>History
F compared to the rest of the world, D for USA.

>Housing
B. Not as affordable as Oklahoma, Colorado, Nebraska, or Missouri because our factories' military contracts mean the Great Recession never fucked up our housing prices.

>Location
C+. It would be convenient for travel all across the USA but the nearest major airports are Kansas City or Oklahoma City.
>>
>>36012046
Saskatchewan. During the summer when all of the farm land is in bloom and the trees are green it can look pretty nice, but the rest of the time things look pretty bleak. Empty brown fields with 0 life or a sheet of snow as far as the eye can see.

There are some things that are great about it, and I don't hate rural life in general, I just hate it here.
>>
>>36010424
>>36007129
hit me up if you see this
throwaway email: [email protected]
>>
Milwaukee, WI

>Crime
D-. Most segregated city in america so if you go where you don't belong you will be robbed at gunpoint. Shout out Jeffrey Dahmer

>Aesthetic
C. Some spots like the riverwalk are nice but nothing else stands out.

>Things to do
If you're underage, C-. Drinking age, B+ because bars are 90% of what MKE has to offer. The Brewers are a tire fire, Admirals and Bucks are pretty fun though. Giannis Antentokoumpo is one of the best and most exciting players in the NBA and the Admirals have a nice aesthetic plus hockey is always fun.

>Weather
F. Snow and wind in your face all the fucking time. Rains a lot too. Doesn't get much worse than this.

>Natural Disasters
N/A

>Relevance
F, we are a punchline and have very little to offer as a whole besides beer

>History
F, not much to speak of.

>Housing
B. Pretty damn cheap because nobody wants to live here.

>Location
C-. Like 2-3 hours away from Chicago or Green Bay if you want to see the Packers. Nothing else in driving range
>>
Roswell Georgia, near Atlanta

Crime B+ Atlanta is a nigger infested hellhole but Roswell is good

Aesthetics A- Canton street is awesome lots of old 19th century homes recently some shitty apartment coty wlak buildings are bekng put up nearby taking arsthetics down a notch

Things to do B- hiking, old historical buildings canton street all pretty good Atlanta has a ton of shit to don though

Weather C I like the rain but its mostly long dry spells intermittent periods of intense rain then being boiled alive by humidity in the summer

Natural Disasters A the occasional minor river flood and nearby tornado but basically nothing real

Relevancy C- most people think New Mexico when they hear Roswell and Atlanta has a shit reputation

History A+ civil war confederate cotton mill vickery creek falls lots of historic sites great place for history

Housing ~~~ own my house so couldnt really tell you

Location B good location but catches some of Atlantas shit traffic
>>
File: spooky.gif (542KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.gif
542KB, 215x194px
>>36012641
I live in New Orleans and i visited with a friend is Roswell and it was beautiful. So many trees and nice people, Im looking forward to moving there in my 30's for the typical white dad life.
>>
>>36006240
>Melbourne

>Crime
A. Granted, that's looking like it's going to change soon. But it's a remarkably safe city in general.

>Aesthetic
B. Very very nice in parts. But there are also plenty of shitty-looking parts.

>Things to do
A. It's got pretty much everything a city needs.

>Weather
B. Probably the most controversial point. The weather is often erratic, but it's an otherwise temperate climate, where the temperature stays mostly within a comfortable range for most of the year.

>Natural disasters
A. Maybe the occasional flash flood, but there's little to no seismic activity or cyclones or anything of that sort.

>Relevancy
A+ in a national context. Maybe B globally. It's a relatively well-known city that is generally well regarded, but it doesn't exactly stand out.

>History
D. Australian history is boring as fuck in general. Melbourne is no exception.

>Housing
D. Fuck, housing is expensive.

>Location
D. Australia is a long way from the rest of the Western world. The only thing saving it from an F is that you can get cheap flights to Asia.
>>
>>36012681
Yes not a bad place at all to raise a family some pretty decent private schools too
>>
>>36008720
>It's always rainy
That's the best part, you faggot. I just moved here a few months ago. Loving it so far.
>isolated
Holy shit, you don't know what isolated is buddy.
Isolated is when you can drive for hours and not reach any sign of civilization aside from a rundown gas station and a few dusty stores.
Isolation is when you're surrounded by empty deolate desert for at least 7 hours in every direction.
>>
File: prague_banner.jpg (93KB, 960x328px) Image search: [Google]
prague_banner.jpg
93KB, 960x328px
Seems like people are just posting and not debating, but I'll bite (briefly). AMA if you will.

>Prague, Czech Republic, Europe

>Crime
A. For a city of this size it is incredibly low. Czech police is awesome.

>Aesthetic
A. The city is beautiful in the right sense of the wors. Tons of parks, comfy places, breathtaking spots. It might be a bit too historical - progress is slow and suburbs develop at varying speeds.

>Things to do
B-. Could be worse. Prague has about 1.2 milion people and I see services as adequate.

>Weather
B. Mild. We get snow, we get rain, we get summer. No paradise but we aren't Death valley either.

>Natural disasters
A. Only floods and very sparsely. It's actually thrilling and brings progress.

>Relevancy
C-. Due to our own fault Prague falls short of Vienna or Budapest - direct "competition".

>History
A+. Prague is one of the most historical places in the world. It doesn't get better than this.

>Housing.
B--. The rents are increasing faster than income and it is impossible for 99% of people to buy a flat in the center. On the other hand there are still good deals out there and when the bubble bursts I'll be ready.

>Location.
A+. It's the capital, meng.
>>
> Wolverhampton

> Crime
C. In the west of the city, there's little crime. I wouldn't go to the east of the city alone at night.

> Aesthetic
B. The city itself is dull and grey, but many of the areas around are beautiful.

> Things to do
D. Watch Wolves matches, and literally nothing else.

> Weather
C. Mostly rain.

> Natural disasters
A. Not an A+ because there was an earthquake once, and it knocked over some garden furniture.

> Relevancy
F. Literally none.

> History
F. Boasts Britain's first ever set of traffic lights.

> Housing
C. Nice in the south and west, shitty in the north and east.

> Location
B. A maximum of 2 hours from better places.
>>
>>36012681
Anyways

>New Orleans

>Crime
D. Shit if you live anywhere but uptown you're gonna hear nightly gunshots and constant petty thievery

>Aesthetic

B. The quarter is beautiful in the right places, Everything else is full of trendy hipster kids, niggers, etc.

>Things to do

A. Well there isn't much you can't to to be honest.

>Weather

B. All 4 seasons in one week.

>Natural disasters

D. Hurricanes aren't very common but once every few years an actual shit storm comes through.

>Relevancy

A. Bourbon Street and "Southern hospitality".

>History

A Fucking Plus. This city lives and its history.

>Housing

D. Downtown you get a small ass house that you overpay on. Uptown is decent i guess.

>Location

A. The center of the south my friend
>>
File: zxg6Hlz.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zxg6Hlz.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>36006240
>San Diego, CA

>Crime
B. It's generally safe and the shitty areas are small enough that you'll probably never visit them unless you were raised there.

>Aesthetic
C. There's a little bit of everything, but none of it stands out.

>Things to do
B. There's hiking, surfing, swimming, biking, hiking, eating, hiking, and hiking. Normies love hiking.

>Weather
B+. It's generally stable. Even our hottest days aren't really that bad.

>Natural Disasters
B. There are occasional earthquakes, though those are few and far in between.

>Relevance
C. I don't think we're known for anything in particular. We're probably overshadowed by Los Angeles.

>History
D. What fucking history?

>Housing
F. Enjoy paying two grand a month for a one bedroom apartment in the shittiest part of town. I am exaggerating, of course, but it is expensive here.

>Location
B+. You're within driving distance of all sorts of neat places.

It's not a bad city at all, if you've got the money and can stand being surrounded by normalfags.
>>
bumping si i ghds you know??
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.