[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Careers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: 1420166318282.jpg (38KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420166318282.jpg
38KB, 706x720px
What do you guys do for a living?
Are you happy with your job, or are you doing it just to get by in life?
>>
>>35994733
>retail wage slave
>wanna die
>>
>>35994814
warehouse shit, I wish I was dead every day, it's been 15 years and i'm always tired and sore.
>>
Work for a bank, soon to start a new position in sales where I just call customers and prospects full time and try to sell them more bank products like loans etc.

I got the job just to pay for school, but I ended up dropping out of college and the bank has been good to me. You gotta BS a lot or you won't move ahead, unfortunstely. I like the job so far, pays 50k plus up to 22k in bonuses per yrar, can't complain
>>
Residential plumber. I make 120k a year and I'm my own boss. I make so much I can work 1 year on one year off to neet every other year.
>>
File: 1420505588697.png (195KB, 315x476px) Image search: [Google]
1420505588697.png
195KB, 315x476px
>>35994932
Whats your job title and how did you get the job? I've been in school for 5 years now and I'm not doing that well in my classes. I've been also been working at a restaurant for 6 yrs and I fucking hate it.

I have good customer service skills, organization skills, and a good sense of professionalism, so do you think I have a chance?
>>
Substitute teach and working on an MA in library science. I wanted to go the professor route but didnt learn about the true state of universities and professor pay/job prospects till senior year of college. I shouldve gone into accounting or engineering.
>>
>>35995140
Do they not make a lot?
>>
>>35995140
>working on an MA in library science
is that a professional degree? what do you hope to do with it, become a librarian? Why would you do that
>>
File: Tyler-durden-1.jpg (42KB, 712x422px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler-durden-1.jpg
42KB, 712x422px
>>35994733
I make soap and fight as a hobbie
>>
>>35995161
It depends but not as much as you think. My profs in college made about 40k I think? Idk exactly but enough to be driving old honda accords they bought used.

The worsr problem is unis are only hiring more and more adjunct profs and trying to do away with tenure. Adjuncts are paid a pittance and it's typically per course that's taught.
>>
>>35995174
It is. Mainly its so I can get into archival work and because I have a shitton of experience and connections working in them in various roles to make my odds of getting employed much easier when I have that paper.

It's a Plan B, but one that I wouldn't be unhappy doing.
>>
>>35995222
>40K
fug. I know servers that get paid more thsn that.
Also think it depends on what you teach. Like they're not gonna pay a STEM professor the same amount as a womens studies professor.
>>
File: 1489720129641.jpg (30KB, 607x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489720129641.jpg
30KB, 607x508px
I sell weed, pills, and psychedelics.

I'm pretty satisfied with it. On a good week I can make up to $1500. It may not seem like much to rich people, but it's more than enough for me. I'm not exactly happy with it because I feel bad about what I'm doing sometimes, but it's helping pay for college classes and rent, so I'm just doing it until something better comes along

>tfw want to stop but cant because i trap too hard
>>
>EM doctor

Yeah im happy with my job but the shift work will drain you. The money is good though and i only work 4 days/8 houre shifts a week.
>>
File: 1486059144027.jpg (107KB, 441x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486059144027.jpg
107KB, 441x576px
Programmer.

Every so often I think about being a digital artist, but I know hobbies should probably stay hobbies or else I'd hate 'em.
>>
File: 1375947166933.jpg (80KB, 1151x720px) Image search: [Google]
1375947166933.jpg
80KB, 1151x720px
>>35994733
I work as a computer engineer for a defense contractor. The job is really interesting, pays well, but it's very demanding. I move a lot, constantly work irregular hours, and can't tell anyone details of what I do because it's classified.

I recently applied for a field engineering position; which comes with more money, more exposure, more security screening, and more traveling.

I currently have a few irl acquaintances and some online friends, but if I get this new position, I'll probably break off contact with them.

I wouldn't say the job is fun, but I like it. I don't think I'll get bored of it.
>>
>>35995080
Before the bank I was a manager at an ice cream shop for 2 summers, so yeah you have plenty of chance to enter the bank and start with maybe 32k a year with an option for 8k in bonuses. That's what I began with as teller, then you get to maybe 38k as a platform person opening acct etc.

I got this new position at 50k in part by "networking" and doing extra work. I put networking in quotation marks because all I really did was show up to some conference calls with my boss' bosses, which led to being given a special project for no extra pay, which then lead to leading a team of 17 people assigned the same project again for no extra pay, until recently they opened 2 positions where we basically do the same as the extra project but full time, and even tho I was really under qualified in education I made up for it in work experience. I owe a lot to my current boss for assigning me those extra assignments, even tho again it was for no extra pay at the time.

But yeah apply
>>
>>35995454
Wow thats sound great man thank you.

Yeah I wan to leave so badly. I've also seen some recruiting and receptionist jobs open up and thought about going into them, but not 100% sure. I think the recruiting job is mostly cold calling, which if it is I really might not like it. Cold calling looking soul crushing.

I feel like suck a fucking failure in life. I'm 23 and I still ave no idea on what I want to do with my life. I know I'm still young, but holy shit do I feel old.

Thanks for the help man. Good luck in your new position.
>>
>>35995339
Are you that drug dealing "fembot" ?
>>
File: feel nightmare goggles.jpg (25KB, 480x232px) Image search: [Google]
feel nightmare goggles.jpg
25KB, 480x232px
>electrician at big metal industry
>want to kill myself

I die a little bit inside every day
>>
Man I feel like a lose here! I'm a Postman in the UK, earned 27k last year.
>>
>>35994733
I work for a cable provider doing diagnostics (I test DVRs and Modems and shit). It's an okay job, very low stress and my bosses leave me alone. My job is essentially to watch TV all day and I get internet access, so I listen to music and read random wikipedia articles while Naked & Afraid or My 600lb Life is on in the background all day long.

I work 40 hours a week and refuse any and all overtime.
>>
>>35995664
No worries man, I'm taking a customer to lunch now so I won't be on r9k for a few hours but if you want more in detail help with applying, interviewing, cv, etc email me [email protected]
>>
Working a shit tier factory job until I can go back to school in September. It's killing me slowly. I'm going back for a Masters that's oriented around the study of public policy. Will hopefully enable me to get a comfy job at the municipality in 2 years time.
>>
>>35994733
CCNP Network Engineer. I literally do nothing all day, get paid 6 figures and delegate all my jobs to shitty minions
>>
>>35995880

Was a sobering moment when I asked around the table at break how long some of the guys had been there. Some of them had been there for decades. It was horrifying to hear desu.
>>
File: IMG_0829.jpg (73KB, 959x687px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0829.jpg
73KB, 959x687px
>>35994733
Kill Muslims

Origigtnalllosio
>>
Call centre worker, I get to work from home make $30/h full time. I like the job, it's easy and I can earn sales commissions of about $500 extra most months. I never have to socialize and I can be a recluse minus my hour of gym each day
>>
>>35996064
I want this job. How do I get this job?
>>
>>35996064
>I never have to socialize

you talk on the phone for a living

thats called social interaction
>>
I'm working towards a career in industry. I mainly do cell culture work but want to learn how to work with mice and/or rats. I am wrapping up my Master's and am heading to Duke to get my PhD in genetics this fall.

It's OK. I can't really think of anything I'd rather do, and I'm pretty passionate about biology, but it's also exhausting and I often have to pull all nighters in the lab and don't have any free time. Science is really hard.
>>
>>35996471
He probably mean face to face
>>
File: tfw.png (493KB, 450x494px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
493KB, 450x494px
Got my first day tomorrow. It's a small shop with only 2 or 3 employees at most. It's at a huge bus station in town so it gets pretty busy at times apparently.

Anyone got an advice for this kind of work environment? I volunteered at a charity shop before where it was just the manager and myself, but that was a much more relaxed environment cos it was just old grannies and grampas coming in every now and then.
>>
Tard wrangler currently but I'm doing some program soon to find me a career where I don't have to interact with a lot of people

we're gonna make it boys
>>
Camwhore

I make a lot of dosh by ripping off beta males lol
>>
>>35996471
Not face to face, I never see the person
>>
>>35996394
Apply online when they post, get hired, getting hired took me 10 times but been working here 7 years. Totally worth it.
>>
>>35994947
I was thinking about doing this. Any advice (assuming you're not larping)?
>>
>>35994733
>server at a sushi restaurant
>i have extreme anxiety and am a recluse outside of work, utterly socially inept

it's fucking misery. i have a hard time looking people in the eye, and my hearing is horrible, so it makes for a very awkward experience every time i work. dont know how long i'll last doing this; i want to get promoted to work behind the bar, so that's what i'm sticking around for.
>>
>>35995339
That's not a career, degenerate
>>
>>35994733
I make youtube videos, I make anywhere between 500 to 800 USD a month

I want to save enough money and move to a cabin in the woods.
>>
File: 1487216750593-0.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487216750593-0.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
>>35997857
I probably make more money than you, anon. Career or not.
>>
>>35995339
ive been wanting to do this even if for just a couple of paydays. how did you even get started?
>>
File: 0122 - 5doGrDG.png (126KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
0122 - 5doGrDG.png
126KB, 399x388px
>25
>municipal police (city guard) officer
>got two raises and two promotions
>$380 a month

Please, kill me. I want to die. I am no one. I can't find another job, everywhere fucking normies, unreal interviews, hipocrites. Fuck it. I will die poor, a pleb.

PLEBEIAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
analyst at a bank
dont care about girls or wealth anymore. just want to retire asap.
>>
>>35995966
spent some time working in a factor, as well.

"i was like you, too. i said i was just going to work here for a few years. 30 years later, i'm still here."

my GOD. WHY?
>>
>>35997925

Where do you live?
Poland?
Serbia?
Czechia?
>>
File: 1489863690283.png (600KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489863690283.png
600KB, 1024x1024px
>>35994733
Codemonkey here.
It's actually fine, and my workplace and coworkers are comfy.
>>
>>35997998
>poland

10/10

You hit it.
>>
>>35997890
post your channel, nignog
>>
car sales, first day over today

18k euro + commision but Im not experianced enough to sell yet
>>
>>35998148
I dont want trolls on my channel

besides I make mostly programming videos.
>>
>>35994733
Engineer for the government. Everything about the job is good except the work. I do basically nothing all day.
>>
>>35998402
>works for the government
>"I do basically nothing all day."
Sounds about right.
>>
>>35994733
>engineer I
aka data bitch
>>
>>35995835
What is your actual job title? I want to apply for this.
>>
>Evolutionary biology degree (undergrad)

>PhD Neuroscience

>descend into nihilism

>can't escape

>never escape

don't follow this path boyos only darkness awaits
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.