[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here feels sympathy for this guy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

Who here feels sympathy for this guy?
>>
>>35984742
don't know enough about him to even respond. I would say he should have fapped or gotten high more often but that's awful advice. ignorant / indifferent
>>
>>35984742

I feel a little sympathy for him. I'm more envious for him that he is no longer living in that state and ended his farce of a life in his early 20s instead of dragging it on until well into his 30s.
>>
>>35984742
I like to listen to mumkeyjones audiobook of his manifesto. Its great. Every robot should listen to his story at least once. I've done it thrice.
>>
>>35985434
I read it in a couple hours. I usually can't read that much in one sitting, but it was fascinating that one would go through the trouble to document his hell of a life.
>>
>>35985473
where i can check that, interested?
>>
>>35984742
I do feel sorry for him but his manifesto reveals his narcissism. The first 3/4 of his manifesto is quite relatable except he sperges out instead of developing an inferiority complex and locking himself indoors like I did.
>>
>>35984742
honestly it just sounds like a made up story sometimes, because usually the nsa would have known about it. he literally typed out he wanted to kill people on his computer.
>>
>>35986664
And what would the NSA do about a shitty rich 20 year old who can't get laid?

Nothing, that's local police matters.
>>
File: file.png (73KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
73KB, 256x256px
>>35986664
It's almost as if NSA spying is ineffective...
>>
>>35986664
Do you realize how many people make death threats every day? There is no way the NSA can keep track of all the tards in this country.
>>
>>35984742
>Who here feels sympathy for this guy?
not at all.
he is interesting thou.
>>
File: elliot.png (134KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
elliot.png
134KB, 500x535px
>>35984742
>Sympathy for a beta cuck
Fuck right off, anon. Do you feel "sympathy" every time one of the autists on this board decides to shoot up their god damn school?

This guy is a maymay, and nothing more than that.
>>
It's empathy not sympathy
>>
>>35984742
I dont think he deserves sympathy for what he did, but I feel sympathetic non the less. He was exquisitely sensitive, so much so that he interpreted minor slights from his childhood as evidence that his killings were justified. He alternated back and forth between feeling grandiose, or god like, to feeling exceptionally worthless, inferior, and inadequate. He had strange magical thinking evidenced in his manifesto, one line being (if I remember correctly) "If i were to run those people (strangers) down with my car, then they would understand who is truley powerful, and why they should respect me".

He believed that people who didn't even know him, strangers on the street, knew who he was and had no respect for him/thought he was weak.

I pity him because he didn't get the help he deserved, that everyone deserves who needs it. But what he did was unjustifable in my eyes. If you are in suffering, thats your own burden to bare, never take it out on others. Either seek help, or live with your pain until it kills you
>>
>>35984742
I don't sympathize with any citizen of the first world who denies absolutely any personal responsibility in their shortcomings.
>>
>>35984742
I do, a lot. But I think there has been threads questioning the same before, so I do not wish to repeat myself by explaining it once again. Let's say that the new aspect of him I found some time ago, is that he was probably genetically dictated to be a lone wolf, unable to follow any norms of any social group, wanting to go his own way. I recognize that in myself too, and it makes me better understand my youth as well.

>>35987295
And you can ALWAYS have an extra computer you NEVER connect to the internet, for your writings and other creations, that you do not want anyone to know about before they get released. Not sure if Elliot had such an extra computer though. He had a handwritten diary tho, probably for same reasons.
>>
I prefer Seung-hui Cho personally.
>>
>>35987625
i think that the last thing elliot wanted was to go his own way. he was unable to fit in but if he had known how to go about that properly, he would have been the normiest normalfag in the entire world. he respected only looks, wealth, status and the most superficial aspects of existence. if he hadn't been so autistic and rejected because of it, i think he would have been completely content to be part of the society he claimed to hate.
>>
He could have applied himself and done something with his life. Whether it's stick to uni, learn a trade, or get good at some hobby tier thing (maybe dancing or an instrument).

Instead he dug himself in a mental hole and had the fortitude to attack others. He killed himself because he was a coward. Threw his life away. A not shit life at that.
>>
>>35986664
I mean, the police literally came into his room after one of the videos he posted got reported.
>>
Who is he? Some school shooter?
>>
File: 8886.jpg (19KB, 192x361px) Image search: [Google]
8886.jpg
19KB, 192x361px
>>35987722
Your idea of him is distorted by the crimes he committed. It's amazing how people form their image of other people on the basis of the most obvious: You kill someone and suddenly just EVERYTHING in you is pure shit. Well, I guess that that is the human way of thinking and forming an opinion, being so totally guided by one's own feelings.

What I meant, is that he was UNWILLING to adjust to the norms of any of those social groups he could have been accepted in, like the "loser" or the "nerdy" youth. He tried to hang out with some people in his college, but he did not want to be like them and be content with that. He wanted to be a popular youth. Now, most of us DO want to be part of that group, the popular youth, as we are young, but if we realize we can't be part of that group or that it is too difficult to achieve, we rather choose to adjust to the norms of some other group we can be accepted in, even if it would feel slightly uncomfortable. Most people are genetically dictated to "fit in", as socializing is so inherently important to us as pack animals. It wasn't true to Elliot, and it wasn't true to me either. I rather tried to pursue my dreams of becoming what I wanted to be, instead of letting go of my dreams and have friends in some social group, being part of which would have prevented me from achieving my goals. I'm not going into details, but it was something else than to be a popular youth. :) Anyway, it lead me to lose my earlier friends, and not being able to make any new ones, as I wasn't good enough for the people who were into things I wanted to achieve and do. I was a "retard" in their eyes, but I did not care, as I had a dream.

Well, now I have to go. And when I'll come back, the thread has probably died. Have a nice convo.
>>
>>35986824
it's almost as the NSA isnt spying on us
>>
>>35988044
i didn't say everything in him was pure shit. i said he was superficial.

he was not unwilling to adjust. he was unable to and if he could have, he would have been a stereotypical chad. his lack of social skills was the only thing preventing that. he complained about being rejected by good looking, rich people with advanced social status. that was what mattered most to him and it's basically what mattered to everyone in his community. he just wasn't good at fitting in but that doesn't mean he didn't desperately want to.

i think you're talking about yourself and not elliot.
>>
>>35984742
>rich

lolnope
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.