[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF is with marriage?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: leave-bad-relationship.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
leave-bad-relationship.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
I just can't wrap my head around marriage.

> Sleeping in the same bed with someone else every night or at least most nights.
> Having to agree with someone else on all major decisions.
> Having arguments over stupid shit like furniture, bills, etc.
> Possibly facing divorce, child custody battles, alimony etc.

It all just seems like too much, like impossibly complicated. Just trying to live as an individual and get by is enough to keep me busy for 10 lifetimes. I have no idea how people manage to do that AND give up 90% of their freedom at the same time.

But I know I'm in the minority here because most people get married--or well, they used to, anyway.

But marriage is just a totally unthinkable prospect to me, something so far beyond what I could tolerate as to be de-facto impossible. Yet for some people its the most natural thing in the world. It's peculiar.

Do other people not have that desire for freedom? Am I unusual here?
>>
>>35984714

This insight into the painfully awful mindset of the numale is pretty lame.

What are you even doing with this freedom you're supposedly giving up?

Your parents were either shitty losers or you're just retarded.
>>
>>35985303

IDK, shitposting, working out, doing drugs, saving money for things I want to buy.

From what I've seen from most marriages, being marriaged would interfere with at least 2/4 of those. I wouldn't be able to do drugs because the wife would probably object, wouldn't be able to buy the things I want because the wife would want something different. Life is just easier when you're single.
>>
File: life.gif (98KB, 900x279px) Image search: [Google]
life.gif
98KB, 900x279px
I'm with OP, I don't understand the point of the struggle for most good things, really
"living well" seems like a meme and an investment that I couldn't make profitable, even though other people can.
>>
Recently engaged here, you seem to be focusing on every negative example of marriage you've ever seen, I see it as choosing someone you want to work together with to achieve your goals, combining time and money to enjoy life together, while also obviously being in love. Anyway marriage can actually make life easier rather than more difficult if you find the right person
>>
>>35984714
It's an adult thing, you can't understand.
You get married to please your parents and first of all because your hormones command you to. Same with having kids. You can't help it, you'll through that phase too and sooner than you think.
>>
>>35985488

My parents' marriage seems to be mostly negative. I do see some benefits, like they'll joke around with each other sometimes, but the good stuff in their marriage seems miniscule compared to the bad stuff.
>>
>>35985552
I'm 27, nigger; it's not like the social pressure is going to get much worse than it is right now.
>>
>>35985561
Ya and that's were most people get their impression of marriage, I was lucky and my parents are very happy together, still affectionate and caring in a laid back kind of way and financially successful from working together and pooling their resources for years. And I hope I can learn from my dad and replicate that
>>
>>35985356
if not a troll you find someone you're compatible with so these things arn't an issue

you cuddle with part of yourself when you sleep at night but you wouldn't know that
>>
>>35985723
just fuck your dad already, jesus.

who the fuck wants to be like their dad

>oh yes my dad was a very caring x engineer
>i hope to be exactly the same
>>
>>35985791
I mean I'd like to be happy, obviously there's personal and professional things I wanna do my own way but why not take a free lesson from someone who is successful.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.