[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bro just stop eating and you'll lose weight

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1469226744479.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469226744479.png
7KB, 205x246px
>bro just stop eating and you'll lose weight
>>
File: 51VWSWfhFkL.jpg (37KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
51VWSWfhFkL.jpg
37KB, 329x500px
read this book
it will help
>>
>>35983322
It is true; I became bulimic and it solved all my problems. My bmi went from 30 to 16.
>>
yea op, your body is magical, if you stop eating you will never lose weight

fucking fat people
>>
>>35983322
Weight loss/gain is literally kcals in/out.
>>
How do you count calories?

I don't want to have to pull out my phone and search for calories every time i eat
>>
>>35983493
This. What do you think would happen if you stopped eating altogether opee? That you'd just keep going forever?
>>
>bro just get a job and you'll stop being unemployed
>bro just have a gf and you'll stop being tfwnogf
>bro just think positively and you'll stop being depressed

I hate these people and they hate me.
>>
>>35983566
look on the fucking package. Holy shit dude
>>
>>35983322
That's actually true though. If you're unwilling to use stimulants to kill your hunger you can try more extreme approaches like refusing to eat anything that you did not cook yourself. Or things like dropping one bad food habit at a time (i.e no more sugary drinks, no more disproportionately high carb ratio in your diet, etc).
>>
>>35983602
packages within one standard deviation of the norm are off by up to 72% based off of something I saw on a infographic once
you must construct additional arguments
>>
>>35983641
Well then eat one standard deviation less
>>
>>35983566
Apps can help with this greatly, but if you can't make use of one you can always look at all the packaging of the things you eat and form a reasonable estimate (especially with food that you cook yourself where there is no one specific package).

>>35983641
Never heard of this. The only reason the calorie count on a package might seem inaccurate is because people often forget about serving size (which is labeled). So that huge bag of chips might actually be 1000 calories rather than 200 if not read carefully.
>>
>>35983612
What about Coke Zero? If you drank a few of those each day to drive away any cravings, what effect would this have?
>>
>>35983725
Found a sauce
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.20185/full
not gonna go through it closely right now but a bunch of common foods listed at 40-50% above their labelled count when tested
>>
>>35983322
If you starve yourself your body will consume your muscles first.
Instead exercise daily.
Its the only solution.
>>
>>35983732
Why would you? Caffeine can be obtained cheaply anywhere else, without artificial sweetener. Not only that but it is pretty easy to build a tolerance to caffeine so I'd be wary of constantly drinking it. I would recommend pill form because it guarantees a specific dosage of caffeine at any time.
>>
>>35983821
"Carbohydrate content explained 40% and serving size an additional 55% of the excess calories. Among a convenience sample of energy-dense snack foods, caloric content is higher than stated on the nutrition labels, but overall well within FDA limits. This discrepancy may be explained by inaccurate carbohydrate content and serving size."

That's interesting but it applies mainly to snack foods. I read over some of the foods tested and none of them sound like something that is fundamental to a good diet. It seems like if we're picky about eating yogurts specifically we can get pretty accurate measurements from the labels. Everything else the list contains is mostly junk.
>>
>>35983322
I was a chubby guy until I moved out of my parents' house and started smoking whenever I felt like snacking.

I went down from 210 to 170 within a year.
>>
>>35983948
Fair points.
I'm not necessarily arguing it's suggestive of larger problems ascertaining the calorie counts of food; but I'm fairly sure I saw some popscience article at least suggesting that was true and it seems to make some intuitive sense to me that would be hard.
Portion control is rational, adjust down as necessary; assuming that you know the actual calorie counts is counterproductive in my opinion. Undereating and overeating are both a problem when you're at a stable, low bf%
>>
>>35983543
Yeah but willpower only lasts for so long. You need to eat more satiating foods (like potatoes) instead of foods that trigger the food reward system (like potato chips). This way you can eat fewer calories without having to rely on willpower every day.
>>
>>35984009
We could come up with personal rules for how much of a snack to eat if we're not sure whether the label can be trusted. Either way for personal weight loss as a fat person (which I'm assuming OP is) it doesn't hurt to learn how to control snack portions.
>>
>>35983322
just stop eating bro lmao
>>
I feel ya man.

People don't tell alcoholics to stop eating or smokers to stop smoking but people addicted to food can just stop eating a lot.

This is an actual addiction.
>>
>>35983322
Well, you will. Fatso.
>>
>>35983322
1. you're an addict. whether it's to binge eating or just shitty food in general you must treat it as an addiction.
2. learn to cook
3. meal plan/prep for at least a few days at a time. it helps if you can stand to eat leftovers since it makes everything so much simpler
4. correctly calculate your caloric needs based on what your healthy weight should be (since an obese person needs more calories to maintain that weight)
5. eat the calories you need to eat for your ideal weight. make sure to spread them between protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates
6. coffee, tea, water. that's it, fucker. ice water is a blessing since you can chomp the ice and keep your fat mouth occupied
7. cardio every day (just get your heat rate up and keep it there for at least 20-30 minutes but don't go overboard.) this will make up for your sedentary lifestyle because you're on a board for NEETs
8. resistance training every other day. just do bodyweight until you can handle weights. /fit/'s sticky can fill you in on workouts
9. with everything said, you must eliminate junk foods from your house, you must not go out to eat, and you must always have meals prepared or ready to be made so you don't have an excuse to get take out. you WILL be hungry for the first week or two since you're eating less than you're used to. you WILL have cravings, you WILL want to cheat. at this point it's completely up to you what you do, but sugar addiction fades away like any other.
>>
>bro just get a job and you'll stop being unemployed
Dependent on another person hiring you
>bro just have a gf and you'll stop being tfwnogf
Dependent on another person accepting you
>bro just think positively and you'll stop being depressed
Dependent on brain chemistry

>Stop eating
Completely up to you and on yourself.
>>
>>35986344
IF YOU WANT IT YOU CAN DO IT IS NOT AN ARGUMENT
>JUST BE HAPPY AND YOU WON'T BE DEPRESSED
>JUST STOP HAVING WILD UNCONTROLLABLE URGES TO BINGE EAT STRONGER THAN YOUR WILL TO LIVE AND YOU WON'T BE FAT
AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN GIVE ME A YOU, YOU NIGGER
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35986432
Urges don't force food down your throat.
Being an adult is having urges and controlling yourself.
>>
>eat because I'm bored
anyone else do this?
>>
>>35986484
>Benzodiazepine addiction doesn't force xanax in your veins.
>>
>>35986507
Yes. And they're not even close to being as addictive as each other.

Get professional help if you're such a faggot.
>>
>>35986534
>implying the professional help didn't kickstart all of the addiction
doctor dipshit who was prescribing me 14mg of clonazepam a day before deciding it was unhealthy and telling me to taper off in 5 days in detox came highly recommended and had very expensive diplomas on his well decorated walls
I used to be somewhat of a human being with an anxiety problem
>>
>>35983588

I'd go into starvation mode forever and become the fattest man in the world.
>>
>>35986576
So just kill yourself if you don't want to put in the effort.

>muh tummy has the rumblies
>can't help myself
>>
>>35986599
I'm not a fatbot, truth be told; I was fat before I was a drug addict, though. I both know how it feels and like to argue on the side of pathetic cunts because I am one.
>>
I know that feel, anon. I used to crave junk food constantly, and on top of that I was a neet with fuck all to do other than eat and play vidya. It took my dad practically starving me cause I was a drain on money he didn't have to make me kick the strong cravings
>>
I was just thinking about this a midnight snack (bowl of yogurt and a bagel), how do you people become so big?
I eat whenever my body tells me too and stop when I'm full and I'm skinny. Does your body just fuck up and tell you to keep eating?
>>
File: Pound-of-fat-vs.-muscle.jpg (158KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pound-of-fat-vs.-muscle.jpg
158KB, 1600x1200px
>work out constantly, working up a decent sweat pushing myself to the limit for over a half an hour
>then lift weights for another half an hour, only stopping to rest when I can no longer lift the weight
>usually have this diet
>eat a banana/coffee milk for breakfast
>eggs, spinach, turkey, tomato/mushrooms, or a v8 an a protein bar for lunch
>eat vegetables and red meat for dinner or a protein shake
>avoid excess sugar, carbs, fat
>go on an hour long run after dinner and sweat buckets
>then do situps
>currently clutching 2 lbs of belly fat that just won't go away
I had like 5 extra lbs of belly fat for a long time, is that why it's sticking to me so hard?
>>
>got bit chubby
>went up to 70kg from 60kg
>changed my diet and lost the 10kg in 2 weeks

Just try it, get green stuff to eat when you have carvings for food, whining and making up excuses will just make you even more reluctant. I feel hungry still after each meal but i have learned to live with it. I would not even mind going fat, but i promised my self when i was a kid that i will never go fat and that's one promise i am going to keep.
>>
>>35986911
then again, it's only like one lb
>>
This is something that will take a shit ton of commitment. Not eating will only end up fucking you over. My suggestion is to do some actual research and apply yourself to this. Diet is everything! Calorie count is important but you have to make sure you're counting calories that actually fucking matter. What I'm saying is you can't just say, hey I'm within my calorie count, I've had ice cream and pizza.(not allowed) Counting your macros is what is the most important. Aka counting sugar, carbs, protein consumption, etc.
>>
>>35983322
I stopped fapping and it also killed some of my appetite
>>
>>35986599
>Being an adult is having urges and controlling yourself
>So just kill yourself if you don't want to put in the effort
Thats not very adult of you
>>
File: 1490343768937.jpg (176KB, 883x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490343768937.jpg
176KB, 883x1200px
>>35983849
are you legitimately, originally retarded? weight loss is 90% diet
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.