[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Comfy Camp: First Thread Edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I'm bored of being a NEET and I want to build a comfy shack in the woods near a stream in the mountains

Progress report:

I hiked down the trail to where it diverged from the river, then continued upstream following the river. I had to constantly break through the underbrush and cross the stream on fallen logs in order to continue when my path was blocked.

Unfortunately there were still paths following the river up above, and I can't build my comfy camp near any paths or people. I didn't even manage to get that far in several hours because of how difficult it was walking off path in the forest. So far then, no luck in finding a location to build a camp/shack but now that I know the paths follow the river, I can keep going up them until they stop and then continue upwards along the riverbed until I find a nice looking comfy spot.

My feet are sore and blistered so I will wait a day before I go looking again. Will make another post then. Comfy camper anon over and out
>>
How are you going to build it?

If your feet are aore and blistered after one day of hiking, how are you going to live doing this?

Have you read Walden?
>>
>>35981049
I don't plan to live there anon, it's just something to keep myself busy this summer that will also be good exercise

My feet got blistered because I got my feet wet crossing a stream like an idiot. They're not even really blistered because I've already got some decent callouses on them

You are correct though, I have no idea how I'm going to build it and I have no idea what walden is. I'll figure out how to build it once I've found a location.
>>
File: 1488662752804.jpg (809KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1488662752804.jpg
809KB, 2048x2048px
>>35981124
Walden is a book by Thoreau. See pic related for what it is about.

He built a cabin he lived in for 2 years in the wilderness using nothing but a hand axe he borrowed from a friend (plus materials, of course)

It's a very poetic insight into a great mind and his adventures while in the woods. A must read if you're considering doing something like this.
>>
>>35981212
Thanks anon, I'll give this a read it sounds comfy af

I wouldn't mind doing that but I'd have to go way further out than I'm planning on currently, and of course I'd have to know how to survive in the woods on my own which I don't.

Will consider what to do after I've read it
>>
>>35981124
Primitivetechnology on YouTube.
>>
>>35981495
I don't think what he does would work for me, I live in a much different environment/biome
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.