[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: This close to suicide.jpg (49KB, 720x442px) Image search: [Google]
This close to suicide.jpg
49KB, 720x442px
Does anyone wish the internet was gone for a month. Think about it, I remember in the early 2000's when you were seen as a fucking weird as motherfucker if you spend your time on the internet, and everybody would go outside and hang out even fucking robots. And now everyfuckingbody is on the internet and I would just love for everybody to fucking talk instead of staring at their phones and staying indoors on their computer. As fucking ironic is it that I am on a fucking computer typing this, the main reason I rarely go outside is that people don't want to go outside but instead be on the internet.
>>
File: alexjones.jpg (229KB, 1037x583px) Image search: [Google]
alexjones.jpg
229KB, 1037x583px
>>35976537
Sometimes I think about this a lot. Right now I am debating deleting my twitter and blocking 4chan. The only thing I use twitter for is to stay constantly informed on global events, but what is the point if I can't act on them?

I think it would be better for me to just read books and go online once a month. Maybe this would force me to rely on building up social networks in the real world.

The advent of social media and smartphones has turned people into cyborgs. We are constantly connected to cyberspace and it bleeds over into meatspace. I want to be a better human in a world of data.
>>
>>35976537
A-fucking-MEN.
I remember those days where there was something
called "internet addiction".
>>
>>35976728
I also think about this but this would just make me fucking bored and other people would still be on the internet
>>
File: society_of_the_spectacle.jpg (115KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
society_of_the_spectacle.jpg
115KB, 600x457px
>>35976877
That's why you need to do other things. Most things I read and watch on the internet are like junk food. It's an excellent tool if you know what you're looking for but if you approach the internet as an alternative to the real world you start to lose yourself. This is how I feel and if you disagree please tell me. I'm a bit confused on what I want or how I should change (if I should change) but I do get the feeling that something isn't right.
>>
>>35976728
>. Maybe this would force me to rely on building up social networks in the real world.

see that's what i assumed also, i thought surely if i cut out social media and focused on physical media and personal growth it would make me more whole?
but it didn't, you fall out of the loop anon
if you're not on the internet you're not exisiting
wanna know the easiest way to alienate yourself from you peers?
cut off your internet access
nothing they say will make any sense to you and current topics will completley fly over your head
its social suicide
>>
File: lord_byron.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lord_byron.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>35977031
A lot of the people I talk to aren't meme loving fucks and when they do make references I just ask and they explain. Maybe they think I am autistic but they also think I'm smart because I read books instead of keeping up with trendy online culture (not that books actually makes you a better person, I've just been complimented for reading books).

I think there are people who are interested in things that aren't exclusive to the internet. Maybe if I put in some effort I can fill the holes that cyber culture does.
>>
This is how I feel. I hate the internet now, I hate 4chan, I hate all of it. But I'm addicted... I can't comprehend any other way of life. I have spent most of my time on the internet since I was 12 years old. It was actually pretty good back then... people were friendly. Everyone was open about their hobbies and you could get along with other people with the same interests. Now everyone wants to soapbox, everyone wants to look cool by being an asshole, everyone wants to pretend they're superior by belittling your tastes and you. No matter where you go, things are shat on for being less than perfect, and what is perfection? That movie everyone liked? It's shit. That game you really enjoyed? It's shit. I'm sick of it. I fucking HATE all of you. I hate this shallow, narcissistic place. I want things to go back to how they used to be. I want to have a life again, I want to see life again, because technology has doomed us and made us entitled and socially retarded.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.