[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here ever try your best to connect with normies,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: george-lucas-getty.jpg (53KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas-getty.jpg
53KB, 500x550px
Anyone else here ever try your best to connect with normies, manage to avoid all autistic tendencies you've gathered over the years, even seemingly gain approval from said normies and yet still feel hopelessly miserable as all they do is bore and disappoint you?
>>
>>35967638
Been there, done that.

This apply to you?
>Schizoid Personality Disorder
>A. A pervasive pattern of detachment from social relationships and a restricted range of expression of emotions in interpersonal settings, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

>(1) neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
>(2) almost always chooses solitary activities
>(3) has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person
>(4) takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
>(5) lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
>(6) appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
>(7) shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity
>>
>>35967638
yeah it's pointless as fuck

find actual friends, you'll grow that way
>>
>>35967785
not OP but fuck that's probably me

What life are we supposed to live if living is almost entirely comprised of the things we don't want anything to do with?
>>
>>35967939
>What life are we supposed to live if living is almost entirely comprised of the things we don't want anything to do with?
Escapism, fantasies, hobbies. Work, maybe? If you find something interesting.
>>
>>35967785
Not really tbqh, I've considered this before

I desire close relationships with others but I just find most people I meet and spend time with leave me with this shitty feeling of discontent.

I do have two best friends and a couple general friends but they're all from high school and I can't tell if I've given up trying with people anymore or if I'm just not meant to connect with most people my age due to personality clashes and the sort.
>>
>>35967785
1: definitely. I love my cat though.

2: For the most part. Not a party person.

3: Sometimes I will, but usually that's a no.

4: Not many things excite me but I still have a few hobbies and interests.

5: I don't even have relationships with relatives anymore, cut that shit off as soon as I moved out.

6: I always think they're fucking with me if I get praise. Still don't really think much of it though.

7: Yep.
I don't know what it means but boy something definitely went wrong in the past.
>>
>>35968148
>if I'm just not meant to connect with most people my age due to personality clashes and the sort.
Might very well be this. Most people are dull and young adults/teenagers even more so.
>>
>>35967785
Oh boy. Another mental disorder that I possibly have.
>>
>>35969026
they said i had aspergers when I was 14 but OP's post sounds a lot more like me.
>>
Yes. I feel like I'm able to actually be myself mostly with my internet friends, especially those I've made on imageboards.

I have one friend that's pretty much everything you might imagine from a normalfag. She's a nice person, but everything just feels so surface level and if I ever unleashed my full power level I'm entirely confident I'd just weird her out.
>>
>>35969066
They told me I had aspergers at 13. I never got officially tested or anything for it but I kind of knew deep down it was probably true as it explained some things.

>>35968219
What I hate is I've worked so fucking hard to get where I am now and grown past a lot of that unhelpful shit I used to do and here I am finding it to be for the most part just dull as you say. I get that it isn't easy to befriend someone right off the bat but all their conversations just don't interest or amuse me that much.
>>
>>35969312
i'm managed to hold down a job for the better part of 15 years so I probably don't have it but there is definitely something wrong with me.
>>
File: feel cry.jpg (66KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
feel cry.jpg
66KB, 509x619px
I don't want to be like this.
I want to enjoy being round people like everybody else.
I want to be able to connect with somebody.

Every time I try, I just end up being reminded that I'm not like everybody else, that there is something inherently wrong with me.

I just want to feel fucking normal for once.
>>
>>35969450
go back to redd it queerfag
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.