[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work on something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: hard_work_sign1.jpg (169KB, 864x573px) Image search: [Google]
hard_work_sign1.jpg
169KB, 864x573px
Seriously r9k. I know this might not work for everyone but find something and work on it, pour your time into it. It is incredibly cathartic and gets pretty addictive. The easiest, cheapest and skill-free way to start is online.

Some ideas:
>Make a wikia
Either one that doesn't exist yet or work on an already existing one related to an interest of yours and aim to become part of the administration team.
>Join a forum
And put serious time into building it's content or helping out however you can (New Vegas is getting a multiplayer mod so why don't you go take a look at the NVMP forum. Tell them The Cazador sent you)
>Make your own forum
And invest your time in building it and attracting a community, however small. All big forums start somewhere. The upfront costs for a professional grade forum are pretty low, as low as $250 for the first year and about 20-30% lower than that for each subsequent year. The forum could end up paying for itself through ad revenue over that time.

I highly recommend forum building. It is a lot of hard work and a steep learning curve for the uninitiated, but the rewards are immense, you will learn great leadership skills.

Links:
>https://xenforo.com/
Help: >https://xenforo.com/help/installation/
Professional grade forum software (doesn't include hosting) $140 1 time license, $40 after that for optional updates. Very easy to set up.
>https://www.phpbb.com/
Help: >https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.0/ug/quickstart/forums/
The best free forum option out there. Not as professional or feature packed as forum king Xenforo, but still used by forum giants across the web. Highly customizable for those who know what they're doing.
>https://www.namecheap.com/
One of the most reliable and reasonable domain name and hosting services around. Highly recommend by /g/.
>http://www.wikia.com/fandom
The best communal wiki service around in my opinion. easily accessible for amateurs but the rabbit hole can go very deep if you want it to.

Good Luck
>>
>>35967381
Aside from just leadership skills, working on something like this on a daily basis can improve your work ethic and reset your daily schedule if you are out of wack like I was.

I am not saying this is going to cure all your problems, no quick fix like this will, but it will get you on the right path to figuring out how to fix them, maybe even delivering you to a realization that those problems aren't as great as you make them out to be.
>>
>>35967401
what if my problem is that I don't find satisfaction in accomplishing tasks? What if my problem is that working (in general, on anything) never becomes addictive, cathartic, or even a habit, and remains forever something that I have to consciously force myself to do in the face of hating it and wanting to stop?

this was my experience of college and a job
>>
>>35967744
College and a job is boring. I get the exact same result as you do, zero motivation or change in behavior or thinking from those things. But building a website, or a forum or a wiki or even contributing to a preexisting one that relates to your hobbies and interests, is a very different matter, work becomes play and you begin to enjoy putting time into those things, achieving some level of fulfillment.

it really is a competently different experience to normal life perquisites like a job or college, and thankfully so.

I too have a great deal of trouble establishing habits and I find it very difficult to become addicted to things, but the results of a dynamic and growing community will inspire and motivate you to contuse working and whatever platform you choose to put time into will become a safe haven and journey of self development.
>>
I'm trying to write a book. I'm not sure if it will help with my discipline for college but maybe accomplishing something like finishing one will might help me in general idk
>>
>>35967381
>tfw taught myself to code but in the process lost all motivation to use what I learned
>>
>>35967381
I got a shitty wagecuck job that i don't entirely hate. I deliver pizza which means that i make enough money to pay my car off and have a bit extra to fuck around. I spend most of my day in my car listening to music and the rest doing simple menial tasks(putting food in buckets and folding boxes). Within three months i was already up for a promotion because i made a simple effort to not be an idiot and do what little was asked of me.
>>
but I'm weak and stupid

how can I become a person who is capable of hard work and discipline
>>
>>35967941
I have wirtten an audiobook too and once it is complete and views or sales or whatever it is you are doing reach even 20 or 50, it feels like all that work was worth something and your time invested begins to feel like it's beginning to reap profits, primarily emotionally but I suppose financially a little too if you are selling it.

>>35967952
I experienced this with learning to code basic css for wikia for customizing wiki designs and now I cant go back to wikia without feeling sick. Shame since I've met some great people there, achieved a lot and built up some decent communities there. But it happens and I am still trying to figure out how to fix it, or how to live with it.

>>35967963
You have achieved what most people here have great trouble with.

>>35968092
Take that hard work and disciple and throw it out the window, for now. Dedicate yourself to an interest or passion and hard work turns into leisure and fun, and by dedicating time and effort into pursing the development of said interests and passions, your work ethic will strengthen steadily and be able to be applied to other areas and obligations of your life you dont enjoy doing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.