[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

infp here, how do i become someone people actually want to be around?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1459873950931.png (2MB, 3496x4024px) Image search: [Google]
1459873950931.png
2MB, 3496x4024px
>have a few friends
>they only talk to me when they are going through some emotional crisis or need help solving some issue
>never invited out, unless as an afterthought
>super reserved, like to talk and think deeply about things
>dry, odd ball sense of humor; have a hard time being witty unless 100% comfortable with someone
>think very abstractly, and have a tendency to use complex words/idioms when speaking.
>constantly explaining the meaning behind words i use
>I don't do this to be an uppity prick or to sound smart, its just the way i talk and i struggle to use "normal" words
>not eloquent or concise in speech, but decent writer
>people have described me as "pleasant", but i feel like that's another way or saying "nice, but boring"
>massively insecure and have a hard time relaxing around others
>only positive is that im a little charming, but in a off beat/quirky way
>talked to a close friend about this and they said that even they didn't truly understand me

Is there anything i can do? would reading books/watching movies improve my comedic timing? How do i become "fun" to be around?
How the hell do ENFPS do it? were essentially the same, except i'm extroverted. Ive noticed that my british friends from overseas think im hilarious, is it just a cultural thing?
>>
you sound like an interesting person OP
>>
File: 20170327_203549.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_203549.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Do psychedelics or get drunk.
>literally mfw
>>
>>35953451
"interesting" but not the kind of person anyone would want to hang out with or invite to anything, but thank you.
>>
>>35953700
I'm an INFP who enjoys both of those things and I'm still a loser.
>>
>>35952763
You don't need to be someone people want to be around, you just need to make yourself okay with imposing your presence on people whether they like it or not.
>>
>>35953712
Eh, I don't know if that is true. There are friends out there for everyone.
>>
>>35953742
Loser according to Who? Yourself? If not then FUCK IT my friend. Always remember that we are literally just smarter animals. Are you doing good for a smart animal? I though so
>>
File: 1479155853452.jpg (134KB, 599x768px) Image search: [Google]
1479155853452.jpg
134KB, 599x768px
>>35952763

Fellow INFP here

You should focus on things you are good at, relationships for the sake of relationships are overrated, I made my best friends doing things i could become better at, for example when i started doing chess i made some friends who i could play vidya, drink and do random stuff, but this just was a secondary thing on our relationship, which was done because they saw i was trying to become a better chess player

Then i wanted something more exciting and started weight lifting, this was a odd part of my life because even if i became strong and people praised me for it, and even if i inspired a lot of guys to get in shape and become strong, i felt like i was just an image and not functional enough, i found it vain and lonely.

Then i started boxing, this was a lifechanger, i made really good friends sparring and i started to discover my true self, while weight lifting is full of macho bullshit, boxing is actually an art, so independently of your personality you would become better at it because it's skill based. People start seeing you as inspiration and then you make good friends with people who are better and worse than you

The key is mutual respect, in normie party relationships nobody actually respect each other, but in hobbies you acknowledge that the other guy has something valuable and pure, and that makes it much better, and it becomes a true friendship
>>
>>35952763
Hey OP. Speaking as an INFP I understand especially with the ''pleasant'' thing to people. I'd be interested in talking to you because I don't really have anyone that understands me either, you're not alone because your points apply to me also.
>>
>>35953870
if you have a discord or anything we can talk, just let me know.
>>
>>35954117
email me at [email protected]
and i'll give you my other contact information
>>
>>35952763
>>35952763
You have to offer value to people. People only call you with their problems because that's the only time you offer any value.

Btw, offering value isn't some superficial fake shit. It doesn't mean you have to take everyone out to eat and pay for everyone's meal. Offering value is more like being able to make people laugh, make people have a good time when they're around you, make people happy and comfortable, shit like that.

You also have to, as a normie would put it, put yourself out there. Stop waiting for people to invite you places. It works both ways. Ask if there's anything going on that you can be part of. When they invite you out, try your hardest to show that you know how to have a good time.
>>
>>35954356
>Offering value is more like being able to make people laugh, make people have a good time when they're around you, make people happy and comfortable

yes but how do you do this...that is my problem.
>>
>>35952763
stop being a cuck

orighneoigheaoug
>>
>>35954475
thanks, ill take that into consideration anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.