[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and robot /recovery/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1489164209834s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489164209834s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
In /recovery/, we discuss the hardship we face as robots and how we can overcome them. Hikikomoris, NEETs and otherwise robots with a recovery oriented mindset and the willpower to change are all welcome.

Welcome back edition.

Post experiences, recovery plans, advice, stories and of course, progress.

Discord
https://discord.gg/m3Cct9Y

Question of the day
>What have you done today for the greater good?
>>

nothing really. the only "productive" thing i did , was that i wrote another entry to my journal. Im keeping notes about how shit my life is
>>
>>35952146
Nigger the first year of being NEET was incredible, never bored, never sad, never regretting dropping out, escapism worked great and every day I spent alone was a blessing.
2nd year was alright, still had reality checks however my attention span began to decrease, I wasn't able to watch episodes start to finish without getting the urge to post or fap, I took my situation for granted, escapism stopped feeling as good.

Started third year now and all the feelings of worthlessness are starting to get to me, I take this for granted, I expect to wake up and do whatever I want, I don't enjoy my own company as much as I did, attention span is as short as a goldfish, rarely find much enjoyment out of escapism aside from when I rewatched Rome a month ago, falling asleep to ASMR is still comfy though.

for the greater good? nothing
>>
>>35952146
Money does not control me/materialistic things do not control me

I am my own god
>>
File: misaki.jpg (360KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
misaki.jpg
360KB, 1440x960px
>>35952690
I'm on the second year and I feel dead inside already. But be thankful it's your third year and not your fifth - the "comfier" you are, the harder it becomes to recover because of how much your personality decays.
>>
>>35952248
Any plan in the grand scheme of things?
>>
File: 1323538247445.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1323538247445.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>35952825
A street fundraiser stopped me a while back and when I started to speak to her it felt like someone else was controlling what I was saying, I haven't spoken to anyone except a few words to my mum every week. I'm probably going to be a vegetable if I ever get to 5 years, I'd say neuroplasticity is going to come at me hard. I might try cutting off internet time and sitting down in front of my monitor for a few days just to see if my attention span improves in that short a time, I don't know what to amuse myself with maybe find some old books to read. I miss the times I used to feel completely immersed and actually cared about what happened to the characters in whatever it was I watched.
>>
File: antineet.png (725KB, 955x536px) Image search: [Google]
antineet.png
725KB, 955x536px
>>35953181
Definitely try doing something like going for a one hour walk in the early morning. No one will be out there that early and every second spent away from a screen is relief. I can't begin to overstate how much this helps me. Even if you're technically not making any progress in life, it feels like it and paves a pathway for recovery oriented thinking.
>>
kratom is the only thing that gives me motivation to take action peruse life improvement. I am becoming dependent on it.
>>
File: 1487404947431.jpg (71KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
1487404947431.jpg
71KB, 900x635px
>>35952146
>>What have you done today for the greater good?
GREYSKINS GET OUT
>>
I'm good at making recovery plans. Following through with them though... That's another story.
>>
>>35953444
Forming new habits needs a cue and reward. Start off by planning a routine of when you're gonna execute the new habit, like usual. But also remember to reward yourself for it. The reward needs to be something that you crave. Be sure to get the effort to reward ratio right too.
>>
>>35953563
kind of difficult when I don't enjoy anything. I don't even play video games because I get nothing out of it, it's just work. The whole concept of hobbies doesn't make any sense to me. It's work that people somehow enjoy? For me the only enjoyment comes from not having to exert myself any more when I'm done.
>>
File: pol sad.jpg (110KB, 554x680px) Image search: [Google]
pol sad.jpg
110KB, 554x680px
>>35952146
>ywn have this

http://youtu.be/cfNQaE-FPwU
http://youtu.be/_7vVst4qpKg
http://youtu.be/7wU2m064iaQ
http://youtu.be/RPh6yJoyZbk
http://youtu.be/AOBXc5exrL8

How can we possible recover?

>>35953381
My brother from another mother
>>
Pretty much, if I'm not using my computer, smoking a cigarette, or drinking soda, then I'm completely miserable.
>>
>>35954032
see >>35953309. Try doing something that breaks the pattern. Anything. Anything that makes you leave your usual environment.
>>
why neets so keen on traps and gay stuff?
>>
Going /out/ tomorrow
>>
I want to stop being a neet but I Bulged a disc trying to get fit. What do I do?? I'm in pt but they're saying it takes at least a year to help completely.
>>
>>35954929
have you applied to any jobs yet?
ohgee
>>
>>35954660
nice, what's the plan? anyway, it's a step in the right direction
>>
>>35952690
Similar to me

I graduated uni and then just did nothing. Didn't even apply for jobs during the 6 months because I was enjoying NEETdom so much. Then after a year, days of despair started to creep in, maybe one day a week. It wasn't depression yet because that is defined as two weeks or more of constant anxiousness.

It was after 18 months it blew out into full blown depression. It was good though because it stuck a prod up my ass to start doing shit. I'm now in a good job ($70k/year, 38 hours a week) and while I probably prefer that first 6 months of NEETdom overall, this is way way better than long term NEETdom.

Transitioning to full time work from NEETdom was hard. The first 2-3 weeks was a constant struggle with anxiety. But now it is all good.
>>
I've applied to over 500 jobs and still don't have a full time job.
>>
>>35956063
The problem is your resume if you arent even getting to the interview stage.

My first suggestion would be to up-skill (ie go to college).

If that isn't an option then just lie on it. Stick in phoney work experience and use family as references.

What's the worst that can happen if you get caught lying? You don't get the job? That hardly seems like a problem for you
>>
>>35956094
>The problem is your resume if you arent even getting to the interview stage.

Posted my resume on reddit. They said it looked pretty good. I'm getting interviews but I'm just not the best candidate for the job, and usually this boils down to not having relevant work experience.

>My first suggestion would be to up-skill (ie go to college).

Ok, I already have a worthless STEM degree.

>If that isn't an option then just lie on it. Stick in phoney work experience and use family as references.

This is my only option. Every job I see being posted in my area requires 3-5 years of relevant experience.
>>
>>35956428
>Every job I see being posted in my area requires 3-5 years of relevant experience
Then
1)
consider moving, perhaps you don't live in an area with a strong jobs market or maybe you live in an area where the jobs market is super competitive and graduates like yourself cant get a break

2)
Look at a post-graduate degree
>>
>>35956063
What sort of jobs are you applyinh to?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.