[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/UNI/ GENERAL

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: 1472660886740.jpg (146KB, 753x396px) Image search: [Google]
1472660886740.jpg
146KB, 753x396px
One month left here fellow bloggers, how you guys holding up?
>>
Soooo when does everything "fall into place?" I was told these were the best years
>>
Wrapping up my master's degree. Less than a month to go, but I need to run a few more Westerns to really get a good data sample. Makes me kinda nervous, but I hopefully will pull through.

Also, I got accepted into Duke's genetics PhD program, which is a very well-regarded. So that is good.
Not looking forward to taking more classes, but eh, I already have a solid background in genetics so it shouldn't be too hard.

Feeling a bit bad about drifting away from my friends. I messaged a friend asking if she wanted to hang out sometime and she said yes, but then she never asked me to hang out. She's coming to my defense, so I guess she still cares a little, but I guess I pushed her away.

Oh well, that's the price of success.
>>
Last 3 months until I drop out and become a farmer

Couldn't be happier.
>>
File: 1490721349123.jpg (94KB, 499x623px) Image search: [Google]
1490721349123.jpg
94KB, 499x623px
>>35949286
These ARE the best years, everything else is just even worse
>>
>>35949370
Why don't you just drop out now? Wont farming be lonely?
>>
Bump. Why is it so hard man
>>
>>35949453
Because might as well finish the last quarter of the school year, plus I already have housing for it.

I'll be WWOOFing so not completely lonely, as Ill be with the owners of the farm. At any rate, what I most want is to be away from people my own age and to be able to spend the majority of the day by myself.
>>
File: woblack2.png (428KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
woblack2.png
428KB, 800x800px
>>35949268
>Tfw got a haircut that makes me look like the black college wojak
I'll be wearing a lot more hats for the second half of the semester, I don't like having short hair. Spring break ends this weekend, I'm spending tonight comfy at home and heading back in the morning
>>
File: 1485081472184.png (14KB, 289x343px) Image search: [Google]
1485081472184.png
14KB, 289x343px
It's pretty horrible. made no friends, don't have the motivation to actually go to class (though i do because i feel like even more of a piece of shit if i don't. so i guess i kinda have motivation), and i'm probably gonna fail and get kicked out. Could probably help myself if i went to the councilor and got a referal to a therapist or something but i'm too nervous to do that. hope you're going a lot better!
>>
>>35949721
>I could probably fix my life if I did this thing but I won't because I'm nervous
Nigger come on, you should at least try
>>
>>35949769
I know i should but i feel like such a burden on everyone. Got any advice to push myself to do it?
>>
>tfw tried being myself
>got rejected
>>
File: IMG_6303.jpg (29KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6303.jpg
29KB, 500x360px
>>35949268
I'm at a fucking breaking point with academics. I've been doing alright improving my social life but it's come at the cost of my school work. I'm so fucking retarded that I can only focus on one thing and it made me change from being depressed for being single to being depressed for likely dropping out. I'm probably going to lose my scholarship and my parents are going to kill me for it. Only have a month to fix this shit but I'm afraid bit might be too late
>>
If you shit at study or not motivated study srsly school is waste of time.

But fucked up thing is wealthy life require a degree yes people like me are just fucked there are no alternative or excuse so fuck you get a job that no require a degree or something and you probably starving and die in the end
>>
>>35950212
Chink scum fuck off
>>
>>35950231
I'm not live in china anyway. Also not chinese
Yeah this opinion is could be a bullshit.

But typically i feeling reality of my life
i will probably gonna be a neet hiki.
It just fucking messed
>>
File: happy bunny.gif (2MB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
happy bunny.gif
2MB, 500x469px
Anyone else here love their degree and isn't falling apart from depression?
>>
Shit guys, I start my masters research program in a week. I'll have to work with a bunch of scientists for a year. How do I not fuck it up? I don't want them to know I am a sperg.
>>
>>35950524
Uni has forced me out of being a sperg, why are you still a sperg?
>>
>>35950590
Lost contact with my school friends, haven't made any new friends. I already had social anxiety in school, but in uni it went through the roof.
>>
I'm doing my first semester of programming and it seems too easy to believe (already received 90% on the first assignment). Does it suddenly spike in difficulty at the start of second year?
>>
>>35950721
Many unis keep it easy in the first year to keep people there are not scare anyone off. It will become significantly harder next year and the year after, trust me.
>>
finishing my bachelor's in math + minor in electrical engineering. only took 3 years, straight out of highschool.

already accepted to a PhD program for applied math.

academia is literally the easiest place to make it.
>>
>>35949798
turning off your computer and walking outside would help
>>
>>35950721
CS is an easy degree which will land an easy medium tier cushy job.

if you're into being a NEET but also having money, it is a good choice.
>>
File: shialabeouf.jpg (100KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
shialabeouf.jpg
100KB, 2048x1536px
Listen to Shia
>>
>>35950827
>only took 3 years
Degrees take different amounts of time in America? How does that work? In the UK all undergrad degrees are 3 years and have a rigid schedule.
>>
> 5 page research paper rough draft due by the end of the weekend
>Didn't even start and changed my topic

Fuck this
>>
>>35950935
It takes 3 years if you're an autist and load up on credits every semester. Most finish in 4.
>>
>>35950952
What topic?
>>
>>35950955
Oh ok, we don't even use a credits system here.
>>
>>35950524
Is it stem? Then those scientists are all spergs and all you have to do is remain polite and formal with them.
>>
>>35950952
Lmao just write it you could be done by this evening. 5 pages isn't too bad at all, what's the topic?
>>
>>35951047
Professors give lectures to hundreds of people every day, you can't count all scientists as autismos.

Also as someone doing a stem degree, the vast majority of students here are not spergs, not even close. Even the nerdiest of subjects, compsci, isn't full of spergs.
>>
>>35951011
>>35951068

The first topic was very cringe inducing. It was "The effects of pop culture on people" with the thesis that pop culture is "ruining" America. I couldn't really find ANYTHING credible. However, i found more about Social media making people depressed, so I'm doing that now.

Once I get off work, around 9pm. It'll take a few. Hours but it won't be as bad as I'm making it out as
>>
>>35951097
They are all autistic in their own social mannerism one way or another.

>CS is filled with normies

You must be a first or second year or go to a normie uni. By the time 3rd year gets around, all those delusional normal shits who dont enjoy programming and wanted to get in on it because they thought they would be hired by google and have a comfy fun job got btfo by the math courses.
>>
>>35949286
>>35949390
>These ARE the best years, everything else is just even worse

This

Just wait until you start having to make monthly loan payments to pay off the debt you accrued to attend college.
>>
>>35951153
I don't do CS but 2 of my flatmates are normie CS students and some of their friends are too.

But yeah I am in 1st year, not at a "normie" uni though.
>>
>>35951103
Tbh something like thay sounds like a pain to pad out to 5 pages, actually. If there's one thing that's nice about STEM, it's the vast amount of resources we can draw on for an assignment like this.
>>
>>35951047
No, almost all of other students are normies and so are the scientists. They aren't Chads but the view that scientsts are autistic shy people is completely wrong. You have to collaborate a lot and travel to other countries to give presentations.
I feel like every sperg dropped out early but for some reason I remained and now I am at the point where you are expected to be a normal person.
>>
>20 years olld
>the only half-legit thing I've done with my life so far is make a bit of money and give it to my dad
>wrapping up my first year of college (wanted to try it), failing everything but I have no interest in continuing school so it doesn't matter
>the only thing I want to do is fuck a genuinely hot student before I leave
>>
>>35950952

25 pages PhD progress report due by Monday at 9 and I haven't even started

Get on my level, normie
>>
File: 1465278610707.jpg (113KB, 428x456px) Image search: [Google]
1465278610707.jpg
113KB, 428x456px
>>35951923
Lol nice try normalfag

>tfw have a 500 word book report due on Thursday
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.