[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop loving someone that doesn't love you back?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (17KB, 236x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 236x254px
How do you stop loving someone that doesn't love you back?
>>
i can tell you from personal experience of having been in that situation countless times that you just get tired of it after a while and move on
>>
File: 1478315513476.png (332KB, 554x584px) Image search: [Google]
1478315513476.png
332KB, 554x584px
two broad options; force yourself to or wait and see if it'll occur naturally

i would personally recommend the first broad option. there are numerous methods that you could use or combine. you could attempt to focus on this person's negative characteristics and emphasize them in your mind, you could attempt to immerse yourself in some time-sink, you could attempt to use the common method of going for other people actively.

there are certainly myriad approaches i didn't mention, and you've got to think of the collection of approaches that will work best for you, the individual

or you could do nothing and prolong your state of suffering and likely decreased efficiency in life
>>
>>35942619
>wish harm comes to her
>hate her
>eventually hating her gets boring.
>eventually something bad does happen to her.

Feelsgoodman

fuck you Nicole.
>>
believe that there are many other girls like her even though you can't believe it

in other words get over your oneitis because you will soon fall in love with another girl who comes into your radar
>>
> loving someone

That was your first mistake

Your second was coming to /r9k/ for advice
>>
>>35942619
Drink... a lot and listen to a bunch of doris day
>>
>>35942698
What do you drink?orgi
>>
>>35942698
what doris day songs are you listening to
>>
>>35942685
does that really work lol.
>>
>>35942695
I wish I hadn't fallen in love. I wish we had never spoken, I wish we had never met, I wish I would have ghosted
>>
>>35942970
dont think like that. im glad that there was once a time where i was friends with my oneitis. she made my life interesting...temporarily. it was worth it despite it burning down in flames in the end
>>
File: ehk.png (1MB, 1602x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ehk.png
1MB, 1602x1080px
>>35942685
I like this post a lot

this post is Certified OriginalTM
>>
>>35942685
This.
You cannot truly hate them passionately until you have loved them. Then you know just how ugly they really are inside.
>>
>>35942619
Have a bigger ego.
Personally I can't comprehend liking somebody who obviously doesn't like me.
>>
Imagine a hole in the center of your chest and focus all your emotions into that void until you stop feeling anything anymore.

After a while it becomes a habit whenever emotions arise in you and before you know it there's no pain anymore. Nor any joy, warmth, terror, etc. Who needs emotions anyway?
>>
>>35943182
> we dated
> he left me because he still had feelings for his ex
> I remained friends with him and I am helping him get over his ex.
> while he falls apart over her, I sit on the other side of the phone comforting him and secretly crying.
>>
File: 1490935887188.jpg (32KB, 544x533px) Image search: [Google]
1490935887188.jpg
32KB, 544x533px
>>35943243
>I remained friends with him
man you're pretty stupid
>>
>>35943280
I know, but I love him and I couldn't stop crying when I wasn't speaking to him.

I couldn't stop online stalking him. I get some updates from him when we are friends.
>>
>>35943369
You should endeavor to not be such an obsessive weirdo. They're just other people, they're not that great. Get a hobby.
>>
>>35943407
> posters on r9k telling other posters not to be an obsessive weirdo

But your other advice kinda helps, I think.
>>
>>35942619

Just like >35943407 said: get a hobby. I have 6.

Here, have some Minor Threat.

https://youtu.be/boRw7_ORR_Q
>>
>>35943497
Thanks, what are your hobbies?
>>
>>35943557
>hobbies

Drawing, composing/playing my instrument of choice, writing, reading, vidya, working out.

Keep in mind I've been doing all of them for more than ten years now so I find it hard to be bored of any of them.
>>
>>35943624
Thanks! I'm shit at drawing. And I'm bad at vidya but I still play a few games. I'll try to learn to play an instrument.

Seems cheaper than therapy...
>>
>>35943770

>shit at drawing

Drop by at /ic/. They have a Beginner Thread there with good resources.

>bad at vidya

The original point of vidya is fun.

Don't fall for the competitive meme unless you really want to.

Play games that you think will take your mind off your problems instead of those that worsen them.

>I'll try to learn to play an instrument

Unfortunately, Youtube is more helpful with beginners than /mu/.

Good luck.
>>
File: C7_vEUNVsAAn-EC.jpg (79KB, 686x910px) Image search: [Google]
C7_vEUNVsAAn-EC.jpg
79KB, 686x910px
>>35942619
I'll tell you when I find out anon
>>
>>35942685
Can't help but feel this is the seed you plant for a school shooting
>>
>>35942619
You don't even love that person, so just stop -- its embarrassing.
>>
>>35942685
>ywn weaponize your autism like this anon has

why bother living?
>>
aw man, just what I need. A chance to revel in my hate for that useless gold-digging razorcunt bitch.

seven fucking years you tormented me, hit me, spent my money, twisted my arm into sex with your disgusting morbidly-obese friend. Now look at you; in a sexless, loveless marriage with someone whose religious and political beliefs you revile, with two kids, and a third one on the way; bonus, this one has downs-syndrome.

So nice to hear about how you're stealing your loser cuck husband's adderall and drinking your kidneys into oblivion every single day of your useless life, you god-damned heartless bitch. I'm glad I never got the chance to stick my dick that far in you, else I might be that useless cuck who doesn't even question when you're in the shower with another man pulling a fucking bait and switch with your fatass disgusting friend.

Cunt.
>>
File: 1478478524338.gif (548KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1478478524338.gif
548KB, 499x499px
>>35942619
HAHAHAHA
LOTS OF ALCOHOL BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
get urself an outlet
u earned it
>>
>>35946893
I tried to help you, bitch. I spent so much time and effort trying to help you, all the while you beat, clawed, scratched, and screamed and pouted like a fucking entitled goddamn baby.

Must be rough, not having any more beta orbiters now that your looks have faded; no more cucks to buy you booze since you spent all the alpha-cuck's paycheck on it.

Man I gotta say, miserable as I was feeling today, it's nice to know that for all the good I try to do, for all the effort I put in to cheer people up and help drag them out of their despair... it's nice to know that I failed so spectacularly to help you in any way. It's nice to know that for every inch deeper I slip into delusion and madness, you slip another foot.

God you're such a bitch. I hope you live at LEAST another 30 years, so I can see just how far down you can sink. I hope you live a long, painful, agonizing life of personal failure and regret.
>>
>>35946946
I want you to stay just grounded to your burdens enough to not kill yourself. Yeah, of all the shitty things you've done, and continue to do, you care about your children. You really do. I want them to be the reason you stay alive, as everything else in your life crumbles beyond a semblance of repair.

I want you to lose every iota of hope outside of your offspring, so that the first time one of them comes home high, or has to be bailed out of the slammer by your bitch ass, that it just completely shatters you.

My only regret is that I won't be there to see it. I can almost imagine the expression on your face when that last vestige, that last iota of hope is snuffed out of your eyes.
>>
File: sad_dog.jpg (40KB, 438x325px) Image search: [Google]
sad_dog.jpg
40KB, 438x325px
>>35942648
too real man

original
>>
File: 1489882998250.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1489882998250.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>moved far away and will never see my oneitis again
>can't even find her on social media
>>
>>35942619
Find someone who loves you back.
>>
>>35947233
What if you are unloveable
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.