[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life goals

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: 1490241476303.jpg (347KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490241476303.jpg
347KB, 1600x1200px
I just had a sobering experience today because I ran into an old friend from high school when I was jogging through a dog park and now he's a police officer (tactical response TEAM ie SWAT) and his girlfriend is a lawyer.

He's fit (though judging from his physique I am stronger) but he has a career and a hot lawyer gf (I looked him up on Facebook afterwards), like she's seriously hot, if her profile wasn't so restricted to non friends I'd be fapping.
He also went to university for 2 years before he got accepted into policing and was studying criminology and investigative studies.

Meanwhile, I've done nothing but a few labourer jobs and been unemployed for a year now and live with my parents.

So, what are your life goals? Are you achieving them? I thought lifting and gains was good enough but I feel like shit.
>>
File: 1483383419575.jpg (187KB, 984x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483383419575.jpg
187KB, 984x960px
>So, what are your life goals?
I want to be a writer. I want learn a couple more languages. I want a qt gf.
>Are you achieving them?
I have no motivation to write right now. I've been learning French for about a year and I've made great progress. I think by this time next year, I'll be to the point where I'll be able to start on my next one. gf prospects look bleak.
>>
Isn't that embarrassing? When he walked away he probably thought to myself "wow that guy is a fucking loser, glad I'm not him" . Its happened to me a few times this year.
>>
having a lawyer as a gf sounds fucking miserable
>>
My goal is to be a successful cell biologist, or at least a cell biologist who isn't unemployed. I am preparing to defend my Master's thesis in late April, and just got accepted into Duke's Genetics PhD program, which is ranked somewhere in the top 25 (range of rankings is 6-26, with most of the rankings being around 12.) All things considered, I think I'm on a good track, but I'm still very anxious.
>>
I am a loser

I did not make it

The boat has sailed

I have now until the time my parents both die to come up with some alternative strategy to begin generating some kind of income in order to become independent so I don't end up on the street and homeless when my parents inevitably die.

My life goals = Die before my parents OR find some form of alternative income to support myself.

Thinking of starting an ASMR channel on YouTube.
>>
I eventually want to design and build robots. But first I need to get back into college. Baby steps.
>>
>>35936858
why did you not make it?

>The boat has sailed
how old?
>>
Life Goals:

Save money
Get sober
Make art
Find a good woman
>>
I wanna start my own low voltage company.

If that's doesn't work than I'll default to suicide.
>>
Want to be a cop.

Literally cannot pass. Furthest I have gotten was some video interview that I spilled my spaghetti on.

Have given up and continue my meager life as a wageslave.
>>
File: 1490576349445.gif (84KB, 540x570px) Image search: [Google]
1490576349445.gif
84KB, 540x570px
i want to get a girl friend or a girl friend (male) that i can get along with and relate to, someone that i can get comfortable with and spend my life with them. nice, too.

i have no idea what i want to do for a career, until i know what it is i'll just work at whatever job and save money.

get my fucking drivers license
>>
>>35936510
I want a stable source of income so I can dedicate money and effort towards hobbies
I honestly couldn't give a shit about dating or marriage anymore
>>
Don't worry so much OP, being a policeman is one of the most thankless jobs around the world. Criminal scum hate them and this mentality is spread easily to the general public. The hours are shit, depending where he lives the pay is shit and on top of it all he deals with assholes all day with the added bonus one might try and kill him.

His gf will probably leave him eventually, if she is a legit lawyer and not an unpaid intern she will also have horrendous hours and will also deal with the worst of society all day. These two probably see each other less than most people see their partners. Not to mention she is in an environment that is probably majority male, all of whom are paid better and she sees more than her bf.

They're probably only together because they watched too many cop drama on tv. Women are trash, she will leave him.
>>
>>35936510
Lifting is a meme. Autists on 4chan will constantly talk about how life changing it is and everything, but really it's just one of the many things on a long list of things you have to do before you become a respectable person.
>>
>>35936858
>Thinking of starting an ASMR channel on YouTube.
Gurl?
>>35936972
Age?
>>35937973
How is it a meme if you need it to become a respectable person?
>>
>>35937958
Typical r9k
>>
>>35936858
You could be my writing partner, bro
>>
File: 1490047005475.jpg (14KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1490047005475.jpg
14KB, 306x306px
>>35936510
>I thought lifting and gains was good enough but I feel like shit.
ahahaha did the little brainlet fall for the lifting meme?
>>
>>35936747
Very nice. What's your research focus? I'm working on my PhD in chemistry but I never took any biology courses, I'm always curious to hear about people's research even if I don't have much background knowledge
>>
>>35936510
>>35936659
i want an anal wife, i want to remodel her wastehole into a baby making machine
>>
>>35940406
Not sure id go that far but i definitely want to fuck her asshole and she should enjoy it.
>>
File: 1490502857634.jpg (682KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490502857634.jpg
682KB, 1200x1200px
>>35936510
My life goal was a phd but it turns out getting a phd for the sake of getting a phd isn't a great motivator. I did manage to get a masters, but it never felt like an accomplishment. Nowadays I have no life goals, I just work, browse 4chan, lift a bit, and sleep.
>>
>life goals
I hold a shitty management position that pays well, basically my goal at the moment is to find a rewarding career and to make this qt accountant I've been talking to into my gf
If my job didn't chip away at my soul and break me down physically and mentally I could probably say I'm doing quite well
>>
>Life goals
I always wanted to be a highschool teacher. Recently i'm not sure if I should do that or pursue a phd in ancient roman or central asian history.

>Are you achieving them?
Looks like it. Doing pretty nice in college so far, just picked up latin this semester. Thing is I hate studying, I don't know if I can keep good grades for another 3 years (not that my current grades are all that great)
>>
I don't really have any goals in my life. I have no hobbies, no interests, no friends or close relationships of any kind (no, not even family), I'm lazy, I'm bored/boring, I'm not fit (skelly), I don't eat well, I don't dress well, I've never had a job or a gf, I'm not very smart and I'm autistic socially. I just want a guaranteed source of income so I don't have to worry about shit anymore. I don't think I'll make it in the adult world (in uni now). I can't even get myself to study, but I've managed to get by so far so I'll see how this goes. Every day is the same, and that makes me feel guilt and frustration. I can't even say I'm depressed, I'm just lazy. This isn't how a person should live, but that's just how I am.
>>
>>35941633
So there's my fucking personal blog.
>>
I think it's rather ridiculous to set life goals and I have spent nearly my entire life rejecting the notion that they are a necessity

I have never really vocalized this belief to anybody because society doesn't want to hear that yet I suspect I am not alone.
>>
>>35941700
Are you disputing what life goal means or are you saying youve never set a single goal in your life?
Cause what if someone vows to eat a whole pizza thats a goal. Is that not a life goal?
>>
>>35936510
currently I am trying to save a bunch of money so I can buy an acre of land in the woods and live away from people while still having internet and food
>>
>>35941733
>never set a single goal in my life
organically? that is interesting. I went to public school because that's "what you do". I played team sports because that's "what kids do", I am currently getting a degree because "it's what you do"

I guess you can say I have in fact had goals and achieved them but I meant more the cliche type "this is how my life should be because I planned it".. I feel like that could work for a very very small percentage of motivated individuals while the rest of us are just winging it until we find a foothold in society, or become AIDs-riddled hobos
>>
>>35941794
follow up: My idea is that most people in fact are winging it without a major life plan/set goals but it bothers me that people are not more open about it.

like you say you can simply address what life goals means and define it on your own terms but I feel like most people doom themselves (along with others) to this idea of a cookie-cutter game plan
>>
>>35941821
>it bothers me that people are not more open about it.
Well no shit my dude most people are mindless sheep.
>>35941794
>cookie cutter
Fitizen?
>>
*BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAP*
ooo jinkies so stinkies ;)
>>
>>35941842
as in browse /fit/? no almost never.. I have been there before but I wouldn't count it as one of my boards
>>
>>35941645

you're worth it. sending love robot
>>
>>35941865
Oh ok. When you said cookie cutter I figured you watched delray misfits.
>>
>>35941920
No I am not sure what that is or if I want to know. I also don't use terms like "cookie cutter" very often at all I don't know why I did, just couldn't find a better way to describe the usual sheepish paradigm
>>
>>35936510
Write music, become a famous composer.
>>
File: 1475164655863.png (444KB, 581x541px) Image search: [Google]
1475164655863.png
444KB, 581x541px
>>35941955
>No I am not sure what that is or if I want to know.
You do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfXLJ89i3mE
The channel is god tier and hilarious
>just couldn't find a better way to describe the usual sheepish paradigm
Its the best way and thats why Big Lenny uses it
>>
i want to make my own books, animations/comics like a manga artist and games/music and produce everything myself.

im nowhere close. ill turn 25 this year and ive made okay money from writing for news websites online. nothing substantial enough to live off. i went to community college for about a year and it was fun but i had to stop because my father got sick from cancer and we had to take care of him. he died and i havent really wanted to go back to college unless im getting a grant or financial aid to do it. shit is expensive.

ive never had a real wage slave job but im probably getting one in a few days. ive been applying to tons of places and just need to follow up.

one scary moment similar to yours OP was i ran into one of my father's old friends one day in a cornerstore. he was telling me about his son who is about 20 and how he is forcing him to have computer certifications and get a job similar to his so he can pay for himself. he said something like "what am i supposed to give him money for him to go on dates and shit? no he is taking care of himself." shit hit home. im basically a bum piece of shit and i need to get something going so I can take care of myself.
>>
>>35936510
>muh ambition

dopamine driven scum always talks about that shit not realizing what it means. julius caesar stood at alexanders grave and wept because he hadn't achieved as much as him in his early thirties. how is this anything to be admired? how many people fail while doing this?

also have fun when your naive dreams get dashed against a rock and you don't have any fail safe strategy.

if you're for example studying stem people always expect some 'ambition' for shit that isn't gonna be stem, but they never consider my ambition might end right at working 6 hours a week earning 700 euros and being left the fuck alone to study shit in private, not become some hot shot researcher who 'does it for the progress of humanity', where progress means 'for the 4 other people who do this shit only so they don't publish and perish, abstracting some stuff into some domain where it's probably not going to be of any use for anyone and get filed into a drawer after 5 years because funding goes to some other shit'

>>35936711
then people get angry for you for not feeling like you're a loser and try to shame you into feeling like it, guess who the real losers are
>>
>>35936510
>Wanted an EE degree
>Got my associates last year
>Got a stem career job filled with various engies, but especially EEs
>Job already pays me more than enough that I don't even need my bachelor's
>Tfw only 20
>Career/school wise I'm ahead of anyone I know
Still can't get a GF, 6'3 white making more money than I can spend and somehow I can't even find a slut with a nice butt to get a nut. Probably just going to kms in few years.
>>
>>35942296
Are you horribly ugly or fat? If not tinder is your friend.
>>
>>35941913
Thank you fellow robot. Getting no (You)s would have made me feel sad.
>>
>>35942322
I'm more on the skinny side, most robots like to pretend they're at least a 7/10 and hate to admit they're ugly. I'm probably a 4/10 cause of facial assymetry, big Slavic nose/ears. Still thought being tall, financial stable, and in a healthy social circle would help, but guess it doesn't matter. Tinder might work.
>>
>>35942398
Look man there is someone out there for everybody. I know thats blasphemy to say around here but there is. Chamces are theres some girl out there who loves big noses. Its weird but that fetishes are. Im just saying give tinder and bumble a try cause you aint got shit to lose.
>>
>>35936510
>I ran into an old friend from high school when I was jogging
kek
>>
>>35942066

so...lets just do nothing then..
>>
>>35942437
Right, thank you.
>>
>>35942951
the problem is that people always conflate having life goals with 'leaving your mark on the world' or some silly nonsense like that

you might be doing this right now since I didn't say 'do nothing' but

>my ambition might end right at working 6 hours a week earning 700 euros and being left the fuck alone to study shit in private

somehow this is not considered a worthwhile goal in the sciences anymore although this is the archetypal activity associated with early scientists and 'playful geniuses' of the past, instead you should jew yourself out to specialize in some dumb sub-sub-sub-field which arguably isn't even what science is basically about, namely the big picture of the world, understanding it, not obfuscating understanding by doing specialized research in 'inter-universal teichmueller theory'

every ambition considered worthwhile in this world is conflated with providing for bitches prove me wrong
>>
Visit various natural sites in America, revisit England, draw a particular person, go to Amsterdam and Berlin, keep a journal, exorcise my demons, make a website, get a studio, learn to live the dream.
The first part will be the easiest cause I've already worked my ass off for the last 3 years. I don't know if I'm gonna make it, but this is the first real chance I've had to do anything I wanted, and I'm 31. So don't give up champs, shit takes time.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.