[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"What music do you like?"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 1445695409441.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1445695409441.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
Does anyone else have trouble answering this question? I don't even listen to music (or when I do, just video game music), so how the fuck am I supposed to answer it without looking like a complete autist?

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
I got asked this tonight and was put on the spot, feels bad man
>>
File: 1490753351932.png (556KB, 2753x2718px) Image search: [Google]
1490753351932.png
556KB, 2753x2718px
>>35933173
CIassicaI.
>>
>"Oh I just listen to everything :)"

When you're in doubt, just ask a few normies what music they like. They'll all give you the above answer unless they're into a specific type of music. Alternatively, say you listen to electronic music mostly.
>>
>>35933173
I don't even like answering this question. I don't even know what I really like, there is all kinds of music I like but I feel like they always except me to say that i like something the normies listen to when this is asked
>>
I listen to the same 3 playlists for years. I don't know what to say when they ask what bands I like.
>>
>>35933173
Spend an hour a day for a week listening to a different genre of music each day. Then the genre that you like the most you can mention. But first just a few pointers. Country is only an acceptable genre if you're a redneck american. Hip hop is only acceptable if you're a nigger or a cuckold. Dance is only acceptable if you're chad. Weeb music is only acceptable if you're a pedophile serving a 20 year sentence.
>>
Like indie rock, some lofi hiphop and house music, that kinda stuff

I'd probably play her sand by atlas tbqhwy
>>
Jazz, Fusion Jazz, Rock, Metal, Prog Metal, some Rap, and a little bit of Techno
>>
Why do normies even ask that kind of fucking useless question? I don't give a shit about what music other people may like.
>>
>>35933173
listen to gareth emery and seven lions anon

its normie music but not super mainstream, enough that you wouldn't look like a weirdo if someone looked it up but not enough that you sound like you dont have your own interests

rezz is a god if you like dark techno
lady faith is amazing if you like hardstyle, so are noisecontrollers/bass modulators
>>
>>35933742
Yeah that's because it's shit music.
Nobody over the age of 30 listens to it.
Hell, even /bleep/ posts better music than the artists you've just named. It's the stuff that 14/15 year olds find on yt/ sc to play minecraft to.
>>
>>35933173
I just say electronic
>>
rock n roll

it's true and general enough that I usually don't have to specify
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Not being able to answer what your favorite bands are is fucking retarded. It's like I ask you "what is your favorite food?" and you say "uhhh stuff I eat things in my mouth". It actually sounds that stupid when you spaz when asked what bands you like. If you can have a preference between a Big Mac and a Filet Mignon (even if you like both, you obviously would choose one over the other 9/10 times) you can pick Band A over Band B.
Also does this mean you have never been to a concert? Never going to a concert is the equivalent to never eating at a restaurant. You are missing out guaranteed. I've been to plenty of concerts by myself cause I don't know anyone irl who likes most of the shit I do. Pic related
>>
>>35933173
You don't need to listen to music to be a normie. My father was a Chad yet he never owned a record. Of course my mum thought it was weird but since everything else he did was normie/chad behaviour it was all good.
>>
>>35933173
I don't really know this feel, music is my life.

But really just say "I don't really listen to much music".

If the person asking this is not autistic themselves, then they'll move on with another topic like "what do you like to do instead?"

It could be that you're one of those rare people that doesn't enjoy music, but it could also be that you haven't discovered what music you like. I knew one kid who also didn't listen to music until he was like 17 years old and I guess went through his dad's old rock records one day cause the next day he was all about pink floyd and black sabbath and shit
>>
File: 1483943009960.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483943009960.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>35933807
>>35933831
What if they ask for examples?
>>
>>35933845
>"what is your favorite food?"

Not him but food is essential for survival, it's not like music.

Still, going with your loose analogy, just say "I don't really have a favorite, I just eat whatever, I don't mind"
>>
File: taalroth.jpg (152KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
taalroth.jpg
152KB, 800x1067px
>tfw only listen to vaporwave and first wave norwegian black metal

kill me
>>
>>35934004
Millions of people listen to those genres senpai. It's cyborg music at this point.
>>
>>35933173
>find musical subculture
>deliberately imitate their dress sense
>proceed to anger them by being a poser
good times
>>
>>35933173
That's actually a good way to start a conversation. Just say "I don't know what to listen to lately, what about you?"
>or when I do, just video game music
Video games music is still music, nothing to be ashamed of.
Also, try /wsg/, plenty of good shit over there.
>>
>>35934065
I love doing that not even intentionally because I'll listen to multiple genres and the poser police are complete autists that listen to one genre and one genre only.
>>
>>35933714
Same with "how was your day" or "what do you like to do for fun"

Just meaningless questions that they ask as filler. They honestly don't give a shit about you, it's just a launching point for them to talk about themselves.
>>
>>35933173
I tell people I don't listen to music that much and they look at me like I have no soul. I just don't get why people feel the need to base their entire identity off of what sounds they listen to.
>>
>>35933173
this was literally me a year ago. i told them i don't really listen to much but they kept persisting, asking questions like "name 1 song you like", "what did you listen to last".
since then i've started getting into music and have over 5000 scrobbles and counting on last.fm and even found a /mu/ general to hang out in.
>>
File: multi-love-cover.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
multi-love-cover.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>35933986
>essential for survival... So you only eat vegetables vitamins and basic proteins with no seasonings because it's just to survive right? you don't have anything you enjoy eating cause it's only for survival right? bullshit, Yes it's a loose analogy but the message is pretty clear, I could have used movies instead but it's the same shit. Saying you "just eat/listen/watch whatever I don't mind" is a cop out. You might as well just look down on the floor and not say anything. Yes the questions are basic normie filler "how do you do" but holy fuck it's just another human being trying to make some sort of connection don't be an autistic asshole and give them a real goddamn answer and ask them the same question back
>>
>>35934624
>greentexting a wall of text

TL:DR

I only read the last bit

>don't be an autistic asshole and give them a real goddamn answer

In OP's case it would be "I don't listen to music outside of video games"

not a top-shelf ice-breaker
>>
I listen to a lot of music all day every day and I don't like being asked this.

>uh... you know, indie rock and stuff... s-sufjan stevens, the list goes on

However, one (1) time I met someone who listened to all the same bands as me and we talked for hours about our favorite Elephant 6 bands. 10/10 have not had a real conversation about music before or since.
>>
>>35933173
What I really hate about this is that even if you do listen to music, normies judge you for your music tastes. Fucking fuck.
>>
File: 1489086611895.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489086611895.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
I have an extremely edgy music taste, so when people ask me what I listen to, I just name a few popular dad rock bands and stuff like Nirvana and Joy Division. It's better to be dishonest than to embarrass myself.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.