[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did /pol/ ruin 4chan?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1433822927944.jpg (47KB, 854x539px) Image search: [Google]
1433822927944.jpg
47KB, 854x539px
did /pol/ ruin 4chan?
>>
>>35928764
No, but you did with this thread
>>
No, it's been brewing years before /pol/. There were a couple incarnations of a news board that held the same content and user base.
>>
/pol/ used to be my homeboard. It was filled with other hopeless young men, angry at the world and autistically assigning blame and plotting revenge. Then gamergate hit, and then trump. The influx of redditfags and hope destroyed everything I liked. Now it is just a Trump clusterfuck. Occasionally there is a good thread, but it isn't the same.

nu/pol/ is my sworn enemy
I need my friend simulator back the way it was
>>
The expanse of the internet and 4chans age is why its such shit.
>>
Unequivocally.
>>
File: hostile spotted in our area.jpg (47KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
hostile spotted in our area.jpg
47KB, 728x546px
They didn't ruin it but they are actively contributing to the death of this site. Most of /pol/ consists of leakage from r/thedonald and such

They used to be bearable but now its just shit
>>
>>35928764
As much as I hate /pol/, it wasn't really /pol/ that ruined 4chan, it was reddit colonists who migrated to /pol/ during the election. FUCK off redditors you have always been the cancer on this site. Nobody except other reddditors like you.
>>
>>35928764
No, but it definitely has had an impact. /Pol/ was a containment board, but it kind of backfired by enticing other like-minded people to the site.
>>
File: tumblr_n7xsjrUT3i1r7dgeuo1_500.jpg (35KB, 499x311px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7xsjrUT3i1r7dgeuo1_500.jpg
35KB, 499x311px
>>35928764
I would write emphatically yes, but the robot does not allow one word replies of that complexity.

4chan was never good, so nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>35929656
and now they're leaking
>>
>>35928764
No, 4chan was dead well before /new/ became /pol/.
>>
>>35928764
cellphones ruined 4chan
>>
Yes, and sadly they are the overwhelming majority so you wont get the true answer in this thread except for from the few oldfags left.
>>
>>35928764
They've had a negative effect, yeah.
Ruined? No.

It's a containment board that doesn't contain.
>>
File: 1487716077475.jpg (32KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
1487716077475.jpg
32KB, 470x698px
>>35929566
haha praise kek xD
whoah he got dubs haha!! meme magic!!
>>
I'm tired of seeing politics on this website for fucking sure, but whether that ruined the site or not depends on who you're tired
>>
>>35930477
>tired
I meant asking, what the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>35928764
No, they made it better. Completely better.
>>
Yes, before gamergate and the election 4chan was declining but it was still alright. Because of /pol/ this whole site is in a free fall.

>posts directly linking to reddit
>talking about Internet celebrities
>the word cuck is so overused that it's just fucking annoying now
>/pol/ has leaked into absolutely every board and turns every thread into a political shitshow
>original content is dead, nobody bothers to make it anymore
>quality of posts have greatly decreased
>everything is either about niggers, Jews, cucks, feminism, or western demographics. Every thread will devolve into one of these topics now

I want to leave but there's nowhere else to go
>>
>>35930597
Did you know white girls love to be BLACKED by the way?
How can white boys even compete

Every. single. thread.
>>
>>35930597
>>posts directly linking to reddit
>>the word cuck is so overused that it's just fucking annoying now
these two drive me up the fucking wall

especially "cuck"
4chan has always had dumb little words that we called each other but we never let a single word stagnate us the same way "cuck" has

>>35930637
this shit too
what amazes me is that people take the bait EVERY SINGLE TIME
NO EXCEPTIONS

4chan has lost the ability to sniff out not only shitposts but posts that are just flat out joking. /pol/ has turned this whole site into something that's too fucking serious
>>
>>35928764
/pol/ was fine prior to 2015. Got flooded with normies after Trump and the Paris terror attacks and turned to shit.
>>
File: 0_results.jpg (67KB, 960x757px) Image search: [Google]
0_results.jpg
67KB, 960x757px
/pol/ normie-proofed Pepe by turning him into a hate symbol after /r9k/ autists spammed rare Pepes across the entire fucking internet
>>
>>35930717
I'm just surprised it was able to recover after poopoo peepee

Although it took a significantly darker tone after that
>>
File: t51YDh.jpg (213KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
t51YDh.jpg
213KB, 960x960px
>>35928764
It was ruined long before /pol/
>>
>>35930769
poopoo peepee was doomed from the start. I'm not sure why anyone expected it to work.
>>
>>35930785
it kinda did work for a little while
normies stopped using pepe and wojak for a good year
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.