[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and robot /recovery/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: comfywtf.jpg (6KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
comfywtf.jpg
6KB, 248x249px
In /recovery/, we discuss the hardship we face as robots and how we can overcome them. Hikikomoris, NEETs and otherwise robots with a recovery oriented mindset and the willpower to change are all welcome.

Welcome back edition.

Post experiences, recovery plans, advice, stories and of course, progress.

Discord
https://discord.gg/m3Cct9Y

Question of the day
>What's your situation? And what's one short term goal you can work towards that has the greatest potential to change your outlook on life?
>>
>ded discord since the owner of it left it and others followed because they recovered

>What's your situation? And what's one short term goal you can work towards that has the greatest potential to change your outlook on life?
at the endpoint, it ALWAYS is about >tfw no gf because you are 'different'. if you /do/ get a GF, others wanna take your happiness away because they are jealous. the ONLY way to make friends is to be forced around people such as school/work. only way to get into school is the be in debt and work it off. only way to get a job is to have EXP. like you need YEARS of EXP just to wash dishes.

27yo neet here
>>
>>35924604
>ded discord since the owner of it left it
I was busy with irl issues but I'm back now
>>
How to get off neetbux and start working?
>>
>>35924467
The only thing I have going for me are my grades in uni. I am interested in a girl for the first time in about two years, and I'm a fatass social autist. I think asking her out on another date could be healthy and I'd like to lose about 30-40 pounds before the fall.
>>
>>35925115
Not being a full blown hikki puts you at a great advantage. Years of NEETdom like some robots have been through decays your ability to function in society. That sounds like progress to me, keep it up anon.
>>
Was a neet for 2 years and put on a bunch of weight basically i neglected myself and the friendships i had i distanced myself from everyone and my family in part because of weed induced depersonalization and what i think is schizophrenia but i didnt want to be branded as a lunatic and be dismissed by everyone as that fat crazy guy, i dont want to accept im crazy. I am too young to give up so i decided the next step for me to achieve being normal is to find a job that way i can make some money to improve myself and possibly meet new people (thats secondary though as i dont like that many people, just like a vast majority of people dont like me). I got a job at mcdonalds and basically everyone there is a turbo normie im probably the weirdest guy there because at first i was so quiet i didnt really speak to anyone and when i speak its often in memes, that was a few months ago and ive not been a neet for almost a year but my psychology is still that of a neet, my conversation skills are horrible and the only thing connecting me with other people is my self deprecating humor, its like im a toy for other people but i keep doing it because its the most 'normal' interaction ive had with other people. I still didnt lose the weight i gained and i look disgusting as fuck but im starting to eat less and im going to start riding my bike again today so by summer i could look a bit more thinner. Hopefully with the weight loss my confidence will come back, i feel like most of my problems come from the lack of self confidence induced by weed anxiety and depersonalization which led to the neglection of myself. While im technically not a neet im still recovering from being a neet.
>>
>>35925556
I know what you mean, man, wageslaving kills your soul and will to recover
>>
File: 1490431748452.png (156KB, 629x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490431748452.png
156KB, 629x500px
Hello! If you're an artist and love to improve and socialize within a comfy community, consider joining Studio Spark! We'd love to have you in our family! c:
https://discord.gg/XwSEsxN
>>
>>35926197
w-what is this discord
>>
>>35925115
That's the right attitude, keep at it
>>
Permaneet here, is this a comfy place to take it easy?
>>
>>35926689
What do you consider taking it easy? In my eyes, recovery doesn't necessarily mean attempting to be a norman, but just getting a to a point where you're no longer miserable caused by leading an unproductive, repetitive lifestyle.
>>
8 years neet reporting in

diagnosed with schizo and still collecting schizobux, but recently I got a job.

I only work half-time but I'm pretty proud of it, and they all like me at work and I'm doing a good job so far I was told. I finally feel sane and normal again, at least closer to it than in a long time.

Still no gf, mostly cause meds I have to take made me fat as fuck, but my social life otherwise is more or less healhty, in half an hour a good buddy of mine will show up to watch anime and play vidya. Tomorrow I'll probably go out drinking.
>>
>>35927116
Great to hear, anon. That's the sort of recovery we wanna see. If I may ask, what were you like a year or two ago from today?
>>
How to undo the mental decay?
>>
>>35925556
>my conversation skills are horrible and the only thing connecting me with other people is my self deprecating humor,
I guess I could say I'm still at this stage too. Not a full time NEET but still not enough exposure to the real world to undo the damage.
>>
File: 1397019861802-1-.gif (11KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1397019861802-1-.gif
11KB, 640x560px
I can't wait to be neet again. I got set up with Betterment and they regularly withdraw from my checking to automatically invest it. Recovery will take years but I'll be there one day. I'm finally working nights so I can get at least get back to my preferred sleep schedule.

We're all going to make it bro
>>
>>35928479
Only when you have made it is it acceptable to be a NEET. Guvementbux NEETs will never be able to experience the luxury that a proposered NEET will.
>>
>>35927379
Two and a half years ago i had another psychosis. Spent my day recovering, not doing much except lurking on here, taking long naps, leaving my flat maybe twice a month or so.. I've gotten much better.
>>
Of course you ban me for calling you pale cave monkey's out
You're fucking lucky I don't have any personal info on any of you because I would seriously hunt you down hitman style
Fucking cunts I really want to watch you bleed out beneath me and see you say nigger to my face
>>
File: 1490215306847.png (165KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1490215306847.png
165KB, 604x604px
>>35929038
no good boy points for you today
>>
File: 1480222189552.png (176KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1480222189552.png
176KB, 409x409px
>>35924467
Doesn't it get boring for neets to just sit around and do the same things everyday?
>>
>>35929086
I was airing my anger out
I've calmed down now
Let me back in the discord
>>
>>35924467

>start lifting
>read daily
>barely play vidya
>start doing good at college
>go out with work (mcdicks)
>drinking with work pals
>in vino veritas
>qt says im wierd
>others confirm they think im a bit strange

god fucking dammit. its the subtleties i cant grasp
>>
>>35929095
I don't even do anything all day, literally everything is a big grey blob, nothing is enjoyable.

I just lurk 4chan and pace about my house because it's better than staring at a wall.

I like reading but I can't concentrate for longer than 10 minutes and I feel like I'm wasting time and am not even worthy of reading a book.

Not even a full time NEET, I have a job and have been working 40 odd hours a week, just these past two weeks no work has come through and I've slumped back into my old behavioural patterns.
>>
>>35929173
This so much, exactly the same but everyone thinks I'm gay like 'he's a cool guy but a bit gay' I heard 2 of my friends discuss this about me like what the fuck
>>
>>35929173
You will never please the normies, just consider yourself as having made it
>>
>>35924467

i have ptsd tier anxiety and i self medicated with alcohol for social fluidness just now realizing how retarded that is... im now a raging alcohol 8 years later with a sea of reoccuring nightmares, regrets, hostility and anger tugging at my conscious mind playing on an ever lasting subconscious loop until it slowly drives me into insanity or death
>>
>>35929038
>>35929164
see a shrink
0g
>>
File: 1489679514744.png (121KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
1489679514744.png
121KB, 480x445px
>>35924604
Been NEET for 4 years, I'm shipping out for Army basic training at the end of the month. Did my first round of PT yesterday and now i'm laying in bed and can barely move because it basically raped my muscles. But I did fairly good for my first time. I'm looking forward to when I can do all this strenuous exercise with ease like my superiors can.

>>35929173
Yeah we're never going to be seen as normal, I just try and embrace it and not care. But when someone acknowledges it, it still gets to me.
>>
>What's your situation?
Well one of my larger problems is going away. I have almost paid off my debts and only have about 1.5k left to pay. I think I need to move out of my parents house, but when I try to crunch the numbers, it doesn't seem like I will be well off in an apartment. I get around $380 a paycheck per week, and it doesn't seem like I'd be able to improve myself if I just live hand to mouth. I really don't want to take out another loan and fuck myself over again. I think about moving from California, but I don't have much experience and it seems moot.

And what's one short term goal you can work towards that has the greatest potential to change your outlook on life?
I guess getting back to school but I feel like I dug myself too deep a hole. It a going to take forever just to make up and catch up from where I last left off. Also see above, I don't think I have the financial ability.
>>
File: tumblr_nmqorcJLFy1titub2o1_400.png (95KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmqorcJLFy1titub2o1_400.png
95KB, 399x388px
>>35929164
what caused you to become like this?
>>
>>35929824
constantly exposed to sites like this and the complete dehumanization of people who look like me for factors outside of my control

I finally got angry at the human scum sucking faeces who peddle my subhumanity

Let me back in the discord
>>
>>35929920
being on /r9k/ to begin with isn't great, mentally ill or not
>>
I want a social life, but I still want to stay NEET. What do?
>>
>>35930405
go outside everyday
>>
>>35930423
I live in one of the most "normal" (read 'boring') towns in England. There is no way for me to get a social life by simply going outside.
>>
>>35930458
travel on a train somewhere else for the day
>>
>>35930470
Train tickets in the UK are notoriously overpriced. Even if I were to fork out for a return ticket to a city every day, it's not as if I can just walk up to some random person and start a friendship.
>>
link expired
can you post a new one
>>
Is it really that hard to live outside of your parent's house working minimum wage for a lot of you guys? Honest question, not trying to seem judgemental.

I remember when I dropped out of highschool and my parents kicked me out of the house I lived with two other guys in a similar situation and we paid rent just fine, all of us working minimum wage.

Granted, it wasn't the most comfortable life. The apartment was small as fuck but the two other guys were usually out partying so it wasn't too bad.
>>
>>35930558
The discord? looks like it still works?
>>
No idea why you banned me, I am trying to recover just like everyone else an I already admitted to having anger issues but you probably harbour the same racist sentiments and felt attacked deep down
>>
I applied for a couple jobs and I'm starting a YouTube channel for multimedia reviews and analysis. Should be fun, just gotta maintain the motivation to keep doing it even if no one's watching.
>>
File: comfy NEET pepe.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
comfy NEET pepe.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>35924467
I went through a robot rollercoaster.

All of my childhood I was pure robot. Too sensitive to handle banter, too weak and uncoordinated to play sports, only friends with other autistic weirdos, the butt of every joke, etc.

Starting in my mid-later teens I was becoming more confident in myself. I stood up to my bullies, I was developing an identity even if it was just generic late 90s mallcore goth kid. I started getting practice gfs, and by my early 20s I had already had sex and dated a bunch of different girls.

Then from my early 20s it was all downhill. I got into vidya and found 4chan, I dropped out of college, I started losing all my confidence and sense of self. It was really boiling when I was 25 and I would see all my childhood and high school normies on fbook with their careers and first homes and even some kids and I was just playing vidya & working part time.

Then when I was in my late 20s I got fired from my wagecuck job that I had worked at for a decade, I also then dropped out of the meme community college program I was in. I have now been full NEET and hik for 3 years now. I haven't been with a girl in over 7 years and I haven't had real friends in about 8 years.

The last year was when I realised how this was the biggest waste of time. I don't even ejoy vidya anymore. I thought long and hard about what I really wanted in life and how to do it and I figured it out. I started working out last summer.

Now I just need to get a god damn job so I can fford to pay for everything I need and get a fucking life already, but sending out those application and resumes is like ripping off a band-aid that has been festering on your skin for so long that yous kin has grown into and around it so you know it'll hurt when you pull it off.

But really it's nowhere as painful as we think it is.

There's some Buddhist meme about how humans prefer an known suffering over the scary potential of the unknown. That's NEETs in a nutshell.
>>
>>35930405
Join a volunteer group.
>>
What do you like? I've been thinking about becoming a beer judge. I already like beer and would probably like guys who like beer. I don't think I'm ready for the test yet but hopefully one day soon.

Judges get to go to events and autistically teach people about beer or judge competitions and autistically write notes on the beers they taste. People get super butthurt when you put stupid feedback so you can even slip in some trolling here and there, just don't do it too much or they might ask you to stop volunteering. In order to level up through ranks most of your points have to be from judging so not being allowed to judge would really hold you back.
>>
>>35930405

Shit poop, I meant to (you) with this: >>35931329
>>
what'll i do when i run out of pre-2000s anime to watch? modern anime is terrible
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>35924467
This NEET is irrecoverable.
>>
>>35931710

There's always manga and light novels. After that you have VNs. By the time you get caught up you can still be hipster and only like pre-20's anime.
>>
>>35924604
If what you need is experience for a job, look for volunteer placements. Yes you don't get paid and it feels like slave labour, but it looks good on your CV and shows that you aren't a lazy NEET.

Any volunteer position that involves customer service will help you get a job in retail.
>>
>>35930405
Acquire online friends
>>
>>35931922
Hiring managers don't give a shit about volunteering. It makes you look pathetic. Your time is obviously worth nothing so why should they pay you? Retail is the worst job out there. If you can handle two digit addition and subtraction in your head you're already than 90% of the people they employ.

Neets by definition aren't lazy, so there is no reason to be worried about looking bad. If anything they would feel honored that someone chose to forego neethood for them. It's like an elf marrying a mortal.
>>
>>35931922
What about volunteering for just a few days? I did it a few years back (while working, and have kept working since then, but it's a very limited and specific job, so it's hard to get a regular job with that experience).
>>
File: 1483240365128.jpg (37KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
1483240365128.jpg
37KB, 466x349px
>>35924467
>the prosecutor took my PC so I can't play csgo
>the prosecutor tried to put me in jail so I had to go into hiding
I miss those times where the worst feel I could feel was no gf but now I'm too busy making sure police doesn't catch me
>>
>>35924604
Experience doesn't mean shit. Getting a job is about asking for it, that's all.

>hey, you still looking to hire?
>>yeah,look at all these faggots who sent in resumes
>bunch of losers, heh
>my buddy said he's interested
>>cool, he can start next week

That is how 69% of jobs are gotten, always has been.
>>
>>35932193

You must have made him very mad. You should apologize and ask for your videogame back.
>>
>>35932091
This is a delusional way to view the world, and is likely why you're a NEET.
>>
>>35932237
No, I'm neet because I'm not employed or in education/training. Keep working for free though, I'm sure someday you'll find someone who values your time and energy more than you do. Until then your master will be glad to give you what your time is worth(N O T H I N G)
>>
How the fuck do you get over phone anxiety I finally tried to get a job but I just ignored the calls I got
>>
you guy seriously need to stop with the constant banning
>>
>>35932524

I just follow the script and forward the call the second I have some kind of idea what it is or give deceptive answers that make it sound like they can't be helped. Don't flat out lie but you can stretch things pretty thin and still have plausible deniability.

Or do you mean your personal phone? Just makeup some excuse why it's hard to reach you and instruct them to leave a voicemail or email so you can psyche yourself up for responding.
>>
>>35933303
personal phone
I just filled out a bunch of online applications for mcjob type places leaving a lot blank because I don't have references or experience
>>
File: 1530_tactical_lunch_kit.jpg (52KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
1530_tactical_lunch_kit.jpg
52KB, 600x381px
>Been NEET since june 2015.
>Start work at landscaping company on Monday.
>Be working with best friend of 25 years just driving around the city and doing litter pick for the first couple weeks. Should be ok.
>$23.10 an hour
>>
>>35933675
I don't know then. Best I can figure is call them back, making calls always seems easier than answering them. You must be doing alright if you're getting calls though. I'd at least make up references. You could swap details for a job you and another anon worked at together that is now conveniently closed for business and gave vague job descriptions. Some mom and pop type joint where you were a gofer type, general tech support, m$excel, cash register, cleaning, stocking, and backroom work. If they question why you can't run a till you just explain the pretend place used an old fashioned one or something.
>>
>>35924467
How do I get motivation to work? every night I hate the fact that I didn't do anything worthwhile that day yet when I do get the motivation I only have enough to last me 20-30 minutes?
>>
File: AtheneLive.jpg (18KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
AtheneLive.jpg
18KB, 176x176px
recommend athenelive on twitch if ur depression isnt physical
>>
>>35929095
wagecucks are the ones doing the same thing every day.
>>
>>35924604
I got a job at a ski resort doing rental in Japan with 0 experience. Amazing experience, shit pay and horrendous hours, but free room and board, free snowboarding/skiing 4-5 times a week. No work experience, no skills, no references , no Japanese required. 5 minute interview and I got the job.
>>
>>35934037

That's just a fact of life for us wagies. Give up all your hobbies and any hope of ever accomplishing anything meaningful or productive until you become neet again. I sort of got around it by waking up extra early and going to the gym first and then reading a while before my shift but it's not even close to the same.

It's like they can smell happiness and will make sure to wear you down so you don't have the energy to do whatever it is you were looking forward to. Do you first, give shekelberg the leftovers of each day.
>>
>>35935133
NEET while having an actual social life and getting outside is where its at
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.