[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christians of r9k, did everyone who died before Jesus go to hell?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Christians of r9k,

did everyone who died before Jesus go to hell?
>>
>>35923675
No one goes to Hell.
Hell does not exist. It's not even mentioned in the Bible.
>>
>>35923675
No, I asked this question to someone knowledgeable on the subject and basically if you have not heard of Jesus you are automatically saved. They must have been waiting in some kind of waiting room or something.

The interesting question is when along the timeline of human evolution was the soul introduced? Because only people with souls are saved.
>>
>>35923700
>Because only people with souls are saved.

Isn't that a racist notion?
>>
>>35923675
No, but they waited in a different place until jesus came along and saved the world, if he failed they would have went to hell but he didn't
>>
>>35923675
No. The same reason a baby doesn't go to hell.
If you have no ability to accept salvation, then the choice is in the hands of God, not you.
And of course God is going to choose to save you.
>>
>>35923747
It was planned for Christ to come, and that it would retroactively save those that came before, since they had no choice, prior to Jesus' existence.
>>
>>35923711
No, unless you consider shitskins and niggers as "people without a soul"
>>
>>35923675
God put all hope into Jesus is if didn't succeed the world would have all went to hell
>>
Interesting discussion lads, but isn't this world the hell of another world?
>>
>all these posts
I can't believe how dumb people are
>>
>>35923699
You've never read the bible, have you?
>>
Jesus didnt have to be born for people to go to hell. Jesus was still alive in heaven though.
>>
>>35923675
The answer to your question is given in the Apostle's Creed (what we say collectively in church) "I believe in God, the father almighty..."

After Jesus's crucifixion he decended to the dead, and essentially those who knew God and believed in him could finally go to heaven. I imagine it was a waiting place with Abraham and the rest.
>>
File: 1481173688398.jpg (89KB, 960x468px) Image search: [Google]
1481173688398.jpg
89KB, 960x468px
>>35925645
This is the correct answer.
Also a significant minority of theologians beleive that hell and purgatory are one in the same, and all souls will eventually be purified.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.