[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan may disappear because of W3 norms

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 4chan_errors.png (5KB, 336x74px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_errors.png
5KB, 336x74px
Hey everyone.

I work in webdesign and project validation/law audit. Basically all I'm doing is checking that my client's website works and respects the norms over the internet (HTTPS, works on different navigators etc.)

4chan alas doesn't respect a web norm about strength / robustness.

Basically :

- The site gives each post a number (dubs, yadda yadda)

- Posts are deleted over time and the number clock is reset

This means that if a posts lives long enough, theorically, the same number can occur twice.

It's of course ridiculous to think about this because no post exist for that long.

But """theorically""" two different posts can have the same get. This could potentially cause fuck ups, especially with posts numbers like 000000.

Anyway. We all know this won't happen BUT

> New requirement for .org sites

The next generation of .org websites will check if those bugs (identifier overflow) exist. This means that if your site has that kind of bug (and some others), it will be taken down until corrected.

This is partially why wikipedia gives each page a very different name (primary key), even in different languages, etc.

4chan unfortunately has such a bad reputation that I'm sure many detractors will be happy to check the source code again and again to find bugs like that.
Anyway. You CAN prevent this mods. Don't let normies break 4chan.

>sorry for bad english
>>
>>35923266
Email gook moot
>>
>>35923266
dubs speak truth.
Will we have a life when it dissapears?
>>
>>35923266
How could two posts have the exact same number? How could two posts ending in similar digits cause a fuck up? That literally happens every day on this board.
>>
>W3 norms
no one has time to give a fuck about that

Not even SEO guys
when's the last time you saw a website with proper h1 > h2 > h3 and "semantically correct" markup?

Everything's in javascript framework and they don't give two fucks about W3
>>
Go to >>>/qa/

What can we do about it?
>>
>>35923455
This.
Why should the number clock be reset?
>>
W3 cant take down your site. The worst thing that can possibly happen is google penalizes you in the search results.

Brb w3 seizing peoples websites. Fukkin lol
>>
Tell >>>/g/ not us.
>>
Post numbers are sequential you fucking idiot
>>
>>35923534
He probably told /g/ and they realized he was a dumbass talking out of his ass so they BTFO him hard. So he thought he could come here and fool some low IQ NEETS.
>>
>>35923546
Not always. Some posts in the past have been given post numbers out of order. It has affected some big gets. It usually happens around those times when everyone is spamming to GET it
>>
>>35923572
So what? Get a life.
>>
>>35923706
When did you say you'd lost your virginity, anon?
>>
>>35923767
>/r9k/
>Trying to virgin shame
>>
File: 1424503973212.jpg (203KB, 1280x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1424503973212.jpg
203KB, 1280x1358px
>>35924032
/r9k/ was designed with recreational virgin shaming in mind. Get with the fucking program.
>>
>>35924032
>/r9k/
>implying there is a better place to virgin shame
>>
>>35923266
concat postid and thread id

/thread
also sage because you suck at programming pajeet
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.