[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1485894849258.jpg (150KB, 1580x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1485894849258.jpg
150KB, 1580x1500px
How the FUCK do you lucid dream? Feels like I've tried everything and it just won't happen. I can remember my dreams bretty well and there is a certain degree of awareness when they're actually happening but it always feels like real events are occurring which causes me to not question it, thus never become lucid.

I know there are some dream wizards here. This is /r9k/, everyone is escapist to some degree. Teach me your god damn secrets. Pretty please.
>>
Are you doing reality checks while awake? Which ones are you trying? I've been having success with the CANWILD method lately, but it requires you to know what REM feels like and how to enter a dream properly.
>>
Friendly warning that attempts to lucid dream can lead to sleep paralysis and hypnapompic hallucinations.

Tread carefully OP
>>
I can't do it either.

So I just settle with really, really vivid dreams. Serves the same purpose for me.

>>35922926
Also, this is why I don't try too hard.
Sleep paralysis terrifies me.
>>
>>35922926
Ignore this propaganda poster OP. These things are normal and happen every night, and while they can be a bit spooky they're not serious and go away when you wake up.
>>
>>35922909
I check the time, sometimes count my fingers or hold my nose and try to breathe in. I do it a few times a day but never managed to do one in a dream.
>>
>>35923014
All good reality checks. I think a big part of reality checks is that you have to truly believe that you could be dreaming. You have to expect that you might have too many fingers, imagine what it feels like to breathe through your pinched nose.

It honestly feels the same when you reality check in a dream. Everything feels so real you're genuinely shocked when the check fails.
>>
File: tumblr_m3qhg2XsYD1qjs8vxo1_500.jpg (86KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3qhg2XsYD1qjs8vxo1_500.jpg
86KB, 500x571px
>>35922866
>>35922926
its like fairies, every time you say its not real it stops happening
>>
>>35923074
This poster knows. You have to expect it to happen, and it will. It's a big exercise in bullshitting confidence. I would suggest maybe trying a WBTB too.
>>
>>35923074
I'll have to give this a try, but whenever I lay down like that either my eyes will force themselves open or I'll actually fall asleep.

Think I should take some allergy pills or could that fuck with it?
>>
>>35922909
Okay, CANWILD seems interesting I think I'll try that tonight. I need to find a decent android alarm app now though. Any recommendations?
>>
>>35923123
ive noticed 500mg acetaminophen will give me more dreams that i normally have, that are cohesive and memorable. i dont know about lucid though, ive only done that once but when i was alot younger.
>>
>>35923123
Nah no allergy pills. That method is called WILD (wake induced lucid dreaming). There are more in depth tutorials on it around. It's tricky to pull off, but amazing if you can. I highly suggest CANWILD instead. All the benefit of WILD but less effort required.
>>
>>35923130
Alarm Clock Xtreme is what I use. You can get the free one or pirate the full one. Both work well.
>>
>>35923148
I take melatonin to have super vivid dreams and abuse the fuck out of diphenhydramine just to get to sleep. Can also give you pretty vivid dreams.

Kinda substitute it for lucid dreaming, since I haven't been able to do it yet.

>>35923149
I'll look into it again, thanks.
>>
>>35923189
There's a bunch of herbs that supposedly help with lucidity. Calea Zacatechichi is the most popular. Legal and easy to grow. I've never had any improvement from it but your mileage may vary.
>>
>>35923215
I'll check that out too man, thanks.
>>
File: 1479449641666.jpg (69KB, 634x522px) Image search: [Google]
1479449641666.jpg
69KB, 634x522px
>>35922926
You can turn sleep paralysis into a lucid dream if you relax enough. I have done it once and it was the most seamless lucid dream transition.
>>
>>35923346
That's called a WILD my man
>>
I actually wish i never had fell for the lucid dream meme, it's gets annoying when you instantly know that you are in a dream each time and you don't have random dreams anymore.
>>
>>35923550
yeah you're right, I guess it's just the shortcut to doing it because the hardest part of WILD is getting to sleep paralysis. Waking up in the middle of the night with sleep paralysis is like a free lucid dream if you can stay calm enough.
>>
You guys have to try to lucid dream? In every dream I have, I'm aware that it's a dream and I get like 2-3 mins max to do whatever the fuck I want, however the dreams slowly fade after 1 min and things are going all over and I have troubles figuring what's going on... it's not really the perfect experience but hey, it's the only one where I kissed and had sex with a girl.

Also sleep paralysis happens very often to me and it really is scary, I usually get out of it by shouting as hard as I can.
>>
>>35923720
I mean, I also have dreams where I kiss and have sex with girls.

I just don't realize it's a dream until I wake up. I'm convinced it's real. And the trade off is that I've never had sleep paralysis.
Sounds pretty fair to me tbqh.
>>
>>35923771
In dreams, I see the stuff around me distorted, like people randomly appearing and disappearing and stuff like that. When that happens I know it's a dream and I can do whatever the fuck I want before it gradually fades away.

Sleep paralysis happens mostly on nightmares, like I'm getting beaten up or eaten by spiders and shit like that, and I can't move or do anything, and I shout really hard to get out of it.
>>
>>35923841
Yeah, the spider thing fucking terrifies me man.

I dunno, I know it's not real or anything, but I'm just afraid sleep paralysis is going to prey on my absolute worst fears.
I'm kind of a pussy though tbqh.

So long as my dreams are vivid, I'm content. It's better than the norm, which is either super murky dreams or no dreams at all. I do want to lucid dream atleast once though.
>>
>>35923904
Paralysis definately prays on your worst fears, but I reached a point in life where it doesn't even matter anymore, I could even die in sleep and not give a fuck. I wake up terrified in the middle of the night then I go back to sleep like nothing happened, it happened so many times that I got used to it.

The problem is, I never tried to lucid dream or anything, it just happens normally.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.