[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

listening to 4chan and my retard mother has ruined my life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1488374038248.jpg (51KB, 609x560px) Image search: [Google]
1488374038248.jpg
51KB, 609x560px
>be young impressionable little dumb shit
>need to pick a college major
>retard mother tells me since i like spending all day on the computer killing dragons and terrorist i then must like computers and should go CS
>retarded autist who tell everyone who isnt on the spectrum that their decision to pick somthing other then engineering or CS destines them to be a poor fag for life.
>decide to go CS
>academic advisor tries to tell me since i aint autistic that i shouldn't go CS but i think my idiot mother and 4chan are smarter then her
>i am now in my 4th year not knowing wtf i am doing at all, failing my upper divisions because i am expected to keep up with kids in sonic sweatshirts who don't do anything all day but work on some shitty github repo, school work and write fanfiction.
>cant get an internship because these said autist and pajeets who lie on their resume are picked over me
>meanwhile friends in business take bullshit classes that require maybe 3 hours of studying before a test.
>The people they compete for internships against are retards and women.
>they all have internships and jobs lined up after graduation that start at the same salary as CS

i am so fucked. After i post this everyone just ignore the hordes of autist who will post in this thread with their superiority complex because they decided to spend their time working 8 hours a day contributing to a shitty open source game engine and learning Japanese.

They are useless in all forms of life besides making your banking app and video games. Best they can hope for out of life is a fat wife who cucks him and uses him for beta bucks.
>>
If it's any consolation I got a good giggle out of your troubles
>>
>>35921513
Sounds like me when I went to college but unlike your dumb ass I dropped out after the first year and went to community college and got an AA degree and am now working as a janitor.

Take that you fucking dumbass.

Please end my life.
>>
File: 1482144742615.jpg (75KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482144742615.jpg
75KB, 320x320px
>>35921513
well shit
If only we had a time machine UUUU
>>
>>35921661
by the time i realized the grave mistake i made i was already like three years into my degree and i thought i could just power through the remaining part.

CS classes are fucking jokes until you get to the senior level shit. Ironically you dont even learn anything from the senior level classes and its just an opportunity for your autistic professors to throw some bullshit they get a hard on teaching at yeah.

>>35921653
it sorta is
>>
File: curtains.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
curtains.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>35921513
>fell for CS
>not being an IT pajeet
KEK
You brought it on yourself. Don't blame 4chan. You have to knowingly decide to follow advice, friend.
>>
>>35921758
I do blame myself for being retarded enough to listen to you retards.
>>
What would you have chosen if you didn't listen to 4chan Anon?
>>
>>35921737
Data Structures are in the same level as Algorithms and Automata theory imo.

The rest is just math magic done on Matlab.
>>
>>35921513
Sounds like me, except I majored in math. Failed out my senior year, not once, but TWICE, because I couldn't pass real analysis. Ended up getting something called a general degree which is less impressive than a degree in women's studies.

I'm currently working on my MS in CS since I minored in computer science, and it's the only thing that I kinda of know that seems employable. I've applied to 100 entry level jobs and internships since December, and I haven't gotten even one call back, nothing but rejection emails. No one cares that I've taken abstract algebra or partial differential equations, and really why should they, I'm applying to programming jobs

I was sitting next to some frat bro type guy in a restaurant a few weeks back who was a finance major and he got a job for 65k a year straight out of college.

So I guess this is what I get for falling for the STEM meme
>>
>loser white male who can't compete blames everyone else for their failure
>how dare a pink boy like me lose!!!!???

fucking lmao

I'm glad you got fucked. flip my burgers you poor piece of redneck shit.
>>
>>35922584
If you did abstract algebra that would care. Even shit math majors are amazing programmers. That being said you can get a job as a programmer without a degree. I'm interviewing Monday for a job that pays 120-180k
>>
>>35921513
You don't need a degree to work as a programmer. Most are self taught. Really the open source hobbyists are the ones getting jobs
>>
>>35921737
>until you get to the senior level shit
What classes did you struggle with your senior year?

I had a bit of trouble with data structures (not sure if that's a senior class), since I had transferred from a school where I was doing everything in C++, and at the new school everything was in Java which I had never really used. I ended up not turning in the final project since it was way too complex for me, which dropped my grade from an A to a C. Looking back I don't really feel like I've retained much from that class, and everyone always tells me it's the most important class from undergrad.
>>
are majors like computer science and engineering always plagued with gamer faggots and unsociable autists or are there good programs out there?

i want to take lots of math classes but i also want to be employable someday
>>
>>35921737
>fucking joke until the end
What do you expect from a four year degree in an industry that changes every two years? CS programs are retarded because the admins don't think about this unless you're in an accelerated program.
Hopefully, you at least used your time to learn how to teach yourself new technologies that come out. If you stop learning now, you will be really fucked.
Your tech skills are probably fine. Work on your attitude.
>>
>>35922744
>learn how to teach yourself new technologies that come out. If you stop learning now, you will be really fucked.
I hear this all the time, what do people mean by this? I've never worked in programming, I've only done school.

I know C, C++, and python, at least as well as I could learn through school, what other things do I need to learn?
>>
>>35922724
CS is the most autistic, more so than engineering or even math imo. There are "normal" people too, not many girls though.
>>
>>35922785
Open source projects for starters. There's a reason github is essential to getting a job in programming. You need to prove you are up with the time. A degree doesn't prove You understand what happened in the last few months
>>
>>35922637
>I'm interviewing Monday for a job that pays 120-180k
That sounds amazing, I would kill for 40k at this point. Hell, I'd take an unpaid internship, except I'd actually need a salary if I were to move out of my parent's house.

I suck as a programmer though, I do ok in school, but I have zero real world experience and I can't seem to land that first job/internship. The "general" degree doesn't help I'm sure. I put the math classes I've taken on my resume too, no one seems to care.
>>
>>35922867
Try a 3d graphics project. That looks impressive because it's complex. You can also try creating a library and putting it online. An app would be a good idea too
>>
>>35922785
It not just programming languages, it is also experience with tools, frameworks, and libraries which companies look at.

I actually take part in interviewing candidates and most people are stupid and can barely explain programming concepts.
>>
>>35922989
>and most people are stupid and can barely explain programming concepts.
I feel like that's gonna be me, except I can't even get an interview. That's why I'd be ok with even an unpaid internship, I'd just like to get a feel for how real world programming looks and works.
>>
>>35923038
Join an open source project. They will take yu in and give you the experience you need. Its better than an internship
>>
Have a section in your resume that lists every technology you know. Every language, tool, and methodology should be listed. Post it to careerbuilder, dice, and have a linkedin profile.
If you suck at resumes, use a template. Have someone you trust (or 4chan, idc) write a summary.
>>
>>35923038
I had trouble getting interviews as well. Basically entry level programming jobs get so many applications these days. I was able to get mine because a friend recommended me to the company.
>>
>>35922785
You need to learn everything at the abstract level, so that it can become practical at a moment's notice.
If you learn regex and programming design patterns next, you will gain some nice cross-languange powers.
>>
>>35922584
my best friend went to study math for 2 years and dropped out, started a language degree and always tells me how ridiculously easy it is in comparison
>>
>>35921513
>i am now in my 4th year not knowing wtf i am doing at all, failing my upper divisions because i am expected to keep up with kids in sonic sweatshirts who don't do anything all day but work on some shitty github repo, school work and write fanfiction.
>cant get an internship because these said autist and pajeets who lie on their resume are picked over me

>i don't know what i am doing
>others spend their time improving their skills and pursuing creative, productive hobbies for the benefit of their social environment
>CANT GET INTERNSHIP BECAUSE OTHERS LIE LALALALALALALALA REALITY CAN'T TOUCH MY MENTAL SHELTER

you really fell for a meme. people with distorted senses of self-importance usually become athletes, and after 99.5% of them fail at that they take a low end job, move into a trailer and spend the rest of their lives drinking, reminiscing about how good things used to be / how unfair life was, going bowling and beating up their wife and children when they come home drunk and smelling like a pile of burning garbage.
>>
>>35922833
I'm not sure why anyone would want to be 'up to the time'

I'm a math major and I like programming / CS, but I've got not much stamina for learning the newest shit. most of it is just some new framework working with old principles you know already which abstracts in a different way leading to a different set of pro and cons regarding the dealing with its domain of use, it's just not interesting to learn about the newest java spring fuckup, then complaining about exactly how it's shit this time on my blog to impress some /r/programming faggots

if you don't have some intense interest in some very special thing and there is not some new 'wow' idea out there is just doesn't pay to learn something which will be obsolete in 2 years anyway

I will probably and some point go the github route but everything has been done to death already, I would rather read blogposts about a concept / read existing source code that waste hours of my time getting something to work myself, especially if there is already a solution out there
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.