[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

Late Night Christianity Thread

>No questions off limits as usual

Grace & Peace

>1 John 3:18
Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
>>
>>35917203
Fuck off Christian, r9k is a pagan board
>>
I can't trust humans, or human relationships due to past experiences of them always failing. For me God is the only one I can rely on. Is this a bad thing? I plan on taking the virgin route and dedicating myself to God's work. Is this a bad thing?
>>
>>35917233
Grace & Peace Anon.
>>
>>35917265
Well, what does the Bible say about it? Makr sure that your heart is right with God first before dedicating your life for service.
>>
Reading the Bible is so fun

It's actually a great book and because it is Holy not even the Devil has corrupted the infinite truth God Almighty has bestowed upon our heads.

Infinite truth and grace the ticket to infinite life and eternal truth is upon us men. Jesus walked earth VERY recently we must not forget that blessing.
>>
>>35917326
Not for service, but it's still God's work. Honestly feel a relationship would distract me
>>
>Used to be hardcore fedora tipping atheist
>Slowly start believing in the metaphysical recently
>Feel a pull towards God in a sense, but also something holding me back from being willing to have faith or believe whole heartedly

Am I too far gone? Is my brain/soul fucked from years of degeneracy and materialism for me to embrace spirituality again?
>>
>>35917265
With respect to the first situation you raise, it is one I often struggle with. I will say this, if you're going to start anywhere, it's good to hear that you can trust God. Next would definitely be the church. If you attend a church and are among brothers and sisters, this is the next best thing.
The church isn't perfect and you may still find people who will fail you but in the church, you can let these things be known to them openly and transparently. It's normal to feel that way when you've gone through it in the past but if you're part of a fellowship, I would pray that you reach out to those around you and vice versa. Being that person people can rely on is a great thing in itself.

To your second question, that's admirable. So long as you aren't burning with a passion as Paul says in 1 Corinthians 7, it's not a bad thing at all. I'm not sure if you're referring to missions but regardless, it's admirable.
>>
How do you reconcile the problem of evil?
God is commonly accepted as:
>Omnipotent
>Omnipresent
>Omnibenevolent
If God is all-powerful, everywhere, and all-good, then how come he allows suffering and evil to exist? If it is because God gave us free will, why did he give us free will if it is bound to lead to the great suffering of millions of people made in his image?
Sorry if this is a commonly answered question. It has always bothered me.
>>
>>35917368
No Anon the Bible tells us the even a man who's soul looks like a rotting body is still able to feel the eternal mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ.

One day God will call for you and you will hear him because it is impossible not to. In that moment you will repent for your lack of faith and witness forgiveness.

One
>>
>>35917415
there cant be good without evil. you wouldn't know light without darkness, or happiness without sadness. he gave free will because he wanted us to choose to love him, or hate him if that's what you want.
>>
>>35917357
Thanks for the encouraging post. I will admit that I've gone back into the Old Testament as there are still books that I have yet to read because they require a lot more focus for me. There are many things to be thankful for in this post that I never realized. Thanks for this.

>>35917368
Spirituality? Maybe.

Jesus Christ? As long as you have breath in your lungs, you can never be too far gone.

>1 Timothy 1:15
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners

Are you a sinner?
Christ came into this world, to suffer and die so that you might live.
>>
>>35917368
No. No one is ever too far gone. Don't fall for the Judas meme. The only difference between Judas and Peter was that Peter didn't give in to his guilt.

Spend some time in church, and contemplate what's holding you back. Speak to God, one way or another you'll get your answer. God doesn't speak to us in our mind with an audible voice but in our hearts and when he speaks it like clear insight. And whatever he says will always corroborate with whats in the Bible.

I think I should mention, if you haven't read the Bible start with the New testament. God speaks the most clearly in the Bible. When you're reading something and is sticks out, spend some time going over it. This is God speaking to you.

Whatever is holding back, I pray God will give you the grace and faith to overcome it.

Shalom
>>
>>35917203

>religion
>on 4chan
>on a nsfw board

kek lads, kek
>>
>>35917485
>Christ came to save sinners
>Spent time with degenerates.

Makes perfect sense to have a thread here tbqh fampai
>>
>>35917415
It's commonly asked question to which christfags still, after 2000 years, haven't found a reasonable answer.
Usually it's among the lines
>evil is not something that exists but rather a state in which people do not obey God's Will, a disharmony caused by breaking the rules
>you have free will because fuck you
>>
>>35917527

and then he got rekt by the ultimate degens-the ancient romans

get that jesus shit off of my board
>>
>>35917557
Akhshually, most romans lived quite morally. Only some of the higher class indulged in degeneracy. Also historians liked writing about scandals and omitted the less interesting stuff
>>
>>35917415
No need to apologize. No matter how often it is asked, it causes me to think more and more about it. I don't think my answer to this question is ever entirely the same.

To answer your question, i'll see if I can answer in greentext.

>God allows suffering and evil to exist because Adam, the first man disobeyed God and in that, opened the floodgates for sin to enter the world.
>Adam and Eve had free will and you could very well say free will is connected.
>While it is the reason millions suffer, that is the punishment of sin. The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23)
>God's laws are severe and to break one is to break all (James 2:10)
>God could leave us in this broken world but in his rich grace and mercy, sent his son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of the world.
>Although we will still die because of the reality of sin, Christ's actions on earth grant us forgiveness and reconciliation with God the father and ultimately, eternal life.

>2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Free will is a double edged sword.
>>
>>35917471
So true brother.

I he gives us such wisdom in the face of infinite ignorence. So powerful. God without the Devil would be such a existence to experience the likes of which are unfathomable.

We are lucky however, to be so close to such a reality. In our lives sin is easily detected and through the strength of the Almighty Lord God is able to be overcome. God Bless.
>>
>>35917634
We don't want Christian's here, senpai. I was a little rude at first with my "r9k is a pagan board" but this really ain't the place for you, but I can appreciate what you're trying to do
>>
This is a question I've struggled with recently.

Is it wrong to be, or even want to be, famous? I'm talking like president, actor, singer famous.
>>
>>35917737
I understand your sentiments, I really do. It's only the first part that puzzles me.
>We don't want Christian's here
That's the only part I don't understand. Can I ask why?

>>35917745
That's a good question. You need to ask the underlying questions to that question to really get an answer. On the surface, aspiring to be a president, president or singer can be a good thing and can be done to the glory of God.

The questions you have to ask yourself is why you'd want to be famous? We're pretty aware of the pros and cons to being famous, do those pros and cons attractive? It's a question that will really reveal your heart if you get deep down to why.
>>
>>35917745
There are people in the Bible who desire the praise of men.

But men are less than dust compared to our creator and to search for love from them is foolish. God is among us. Jesus Christ literally means God Among Us.

Search for your blessings from God. Trust, whatever he decides your fait is the best path for you. He may make you rich he may make you poor but trust and have faith for those who believe in Jesus the Christ will never go hungry or a thirst.
>>
>>35917837
It's just not really a place for you. This is a board of outcasts and the degenerate. And in all fairness, many of us have a sour view of Christianity as something that looks down on us
>>
>>35917203
Who /sirach/ and /ecclesiastes/ here?
>>
>>35917855
That's true. Why would I desire the praise of people when God loves me? Never thought of it like that.
>>
>>35917634
>god is just
>punishes the entire mankind because our forefathers sinned once
>instead of just forgiving like a good and allmighty father he is, he sent himself to perform ancient dark magic sacrifice voodoo
>instead if just letting you be with him from the very beginning, he deliberately makes you suffer in this world so that there's a chance he won't have to let you back home and feed you again
>is so wise, that after his most perfect angel rebelled, he created humans, surely nothing will go wrong
>literally makes a bet with Satan
>>
St. Matthew 5:43 6- Piety and Almsgiving

Take heed that he do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say into you, They have their reward.
But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what they right hand doeth:
That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Randomly flipped the Bible to this page. God Bless.
>>
>>35917859
Jesus was an outcast.
To the pharisees, Jesus was a degenerate.

It's one of the things that fascinates me about the person of Jesus Christ. He can literally relate to anyone. Anyone. r9k is no exception.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Jesus certainly doesn't look at people here that way. If you don't believe me, just read the accounts of all the people he wasn't supposed to interact with.

In short, Jesus would understand you guys more than anyone.

>>35917906
>Yes, God is just
>Sin is embedded in our nature, but God provides a way out. That way out is Christ
>Christ came into this world to suffer. He promises those who follow Him will suffer as well. No student is greater than his master.

God could have left us in our sin. He could give us a one way ticket to hell. But he leaves us with a decision to make. We can repent and trust in Christ who forgives, or we can continue to rebel and go to hell, the place we're already going to begin with.
>>
>>35917970

>tfw brainlet and can't understand some of the old timey language in the bible
>get frustrated trying to read it
>tfw too dumb to get saved
>>
>>35917970
Thank you for this and to the other Anons contributing

>>35918042
>James 1:5
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
>>
>>35917859
Mark 2:16-17
And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said into his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
When Jesus heard it, he saith into them, They that are whole have no need of a physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

God Bless.
>>
File: ohnoorthodox_thumb[1].png (378KB, 473x309px) Image search: [Google]
ohnoorthodox_thumb[1].png
378KB, 473x309px
itt: heretics trying to convince stray lambs to their twisted interpretaion of His Word
Blind leading the blind
>>
>>35918184
Reading the Bible will provide you with a truth beyond lies and wisdom beyond ignorance.

Don't trust me. trust he who made me.
>>
St. Mathew 6:9-13
After this manner therefor pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kkingdom come. They will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

This is how Jesus the Christ himself tells us to pray. I say this prayer before bed. When I wake up if I can remember to. God Bless.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.