[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medication Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMAG0044.jpg (2MB, 2368x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0044.jpg
2MB, 2368x4208px
What medications do my fellow robots take and for what?

I take Risperidone for my schizophrenia and Paroxetine to treat my depression. I'm luckily not as fucked as some of the other more unfortunate robots here
>>
>>35916499
I heard risperidone causes gynecomastia and is an overall worse antipsychotic than quetiapine
>>
>>35916547
Ive been on Risperidone since I was 8, it hasn't affected me negatively in any way actually. I know nothing about other antipsychotics really, but I'll definitely bring that up with my psychiatrist and see if there's an option to try out quetiapine because sometimes Risperidone hasn't worked very well at keeping me non-delusional. Thanks Anon!
>>
File: iTY3Gb1.jpg (130KB, 1000x929px) Image search: [Google]
iTY3Gb1.jpg
130KB, 1000x929px
>>35916499
I take adderall for ADD and a combo of Citalopram and Wellbutrin for depression
>>
750mg of Depakote for Bipolar II, 15mg Adderall XR for ADHD
New doctor tried to start me on clonidine too, made me sleep 12 hours a day. Fuck him.
>>
I have a load of sertraline 50 and bupropion 150 XR that I should have been taking over the last year. Can I sell this stuff?
>>
I don't know if this is the right thread but, my friend today has taken around ~80mg oxycodone today in total with that coming to around 2,600mg acetominophen and I'm worried for him. He's showing signs of an overdose according to the Internet (extreme drowsiness, feeling sick, he almost vomited, sweating). He's currently at his house now and Im at mine. Should I let him sleep? He has to be up at around 6 and travel on a bus for a couple of hours to Monterrey, so I have no idea. Thank you robots.
>>
I have a xanax prescription that I initially got for panic attacks. I don't have panic attacks very often anymore but I take it to help me sleep and sometimes if I'm just having a shit day so I can have more of a not giving a fuck attitude and tranquilize myself out of getting pissed off and yelling or breaking something.
>>
>>35917492
3g APAP is usually considered the hard danger zone, but that is not a healthy habit. Try to get him to do CWE in the future.
The symptoms he describes are pretty consistent with usual opiate intoxication. The things that can kill him are vomit induced asphyxiation or overdose (extreme respiratory depression). Make sure he falls asleep in the recovery position if he's nauseous. If genuine OD is a threat he'll need medical attention, but OD is pretty rare in his circumstances. Usually it happens with naive users or with street dope, not pharmaceuticals.
>>
>>35916606
Tell more about the risperidone please m8. Are u bipolar?
>>
I take rosperidone and lithium. Recently got off of lexapro because it wasn't working
>>
>>35917571
I have a meeting with a psychiatrist soon. My therapist said she will probably prescribe me something to help me sleep and something to help with my anxiety.

What are the odds I get prescribed Xanax? Or are other anxiety meds just as good?
>>
Sertraline 100mg

Xanax, 5mg a month. Was supposed to be for social situations but honestly I just use it recreationally in small doses on bad days. It's been a godsend truthfully. Just being able to totally relax and feel comfy as fuck on occasion makes life much better.
>>
>>35917492
I misread that initially. I thought he was on a 80mg a day habit. 80mg could well be OD for a naive user. Check in on him.
>>
>>35917628
No, I'm schizophrenic. I've had issues with auditory hallucinations and delusions since I was a kid. The Risperidone helps a LOT with the auditory hallucinations, not so much with the delusions anymore though. When I first started taking it I got fucking huge mantits, but I worked on that and they're not as bad as they used to be.
>>
>>35916499

>Risperidone

Enjoy literally giving yourself hormone disrupting brain tumors.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/533771

>Risperidone was linked to 54 (70%) of 77 cases of pituitary tumors reported in the FDA's database and was followed by haloperidol and ziprasidone.
>>
>>35917691
He's been taking 2 5/325 a day for the last 4? Days I believe. He says he couldn't actually feel high from those so he really upped it. How should I tell him to sleep?
>>
>>35917739
Damn, that fucking sucks.
>>
>>35917739
am i fucked boys?
>>
File: Recovery-Position-Hamrah-web.jpg (59KB, 700x264px) Image search: [Google]
Recovery-Position-Hamrah-web.jpg
59KB, 700x264px
>>35917809
Multiplying the dose by eight is not a good move. Keep on the line with him.
>>
>>35916499
150mg of Trileptal twice a day

Have been on a lot more but I'm trying to get off meds, still wanna die.
>>
>>35917662
Idk. It depends on your doctor. A lot of people don't want to write xanax scripts from what I hear because it's the fastest acting and most addictive of the commonly prescribed benzodiazepines, hence why you hear about it so much. That being said, it wasn't hard for me to get at all. Similar conversation with a doctor like you're planning on having.

I haven't taken any of the other benzos, but from what I've heard valium and klonopin are also pretty effective. Ativan is weaker than any of those.
>>
Valproate and risperidone. 1000mg and 3mg of each one.
>>
>>35917662
The media hasn't really caught on to the increasing occurrence of bartards, so it's still pretty easy to get benzos, but your doctor will likely try to get you on a SSRI to start for anxiety. For sleep some will prescribe trazodone, some zolpidem or a benzo like temazepam.
For anxiety SSRIs can be hit or miss, or make things worse. In any case, they take a while to start working. A benzo will evict any anxiety and tension from your skull and then fuck your GABA system hard up the ass and make it his bitch. Long term use is not a good idea.. Just a few weeks on a therapeutic dose can cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Seems like doctors like to prescribe alprazolam or lorazepam for panic attacks more than anything else, but that may be different for you.
>>
Prazosin 2-8mg/night for PTSD related flashbacks/night terrors.

Sertraline (Zoloft) 200mg daily for depression Been on it for about a year now and at this does for about 7 months, but it's hard to tell if it's actually doing anything at all.
>>
File: dab.jpg (21KB, 540x545px) Image search: [Google]
dab.jpg
21KB, 540x545px
>>35916499
200mg sertraline for depression and anxiety, 100mg lamotrigine as a mood stabilizer, 1mg ativan prn for anxiety
>>35917662
First line treatment is usually an ssri even for anxiety (sertraline i.e. zoloft helps with this and depression for me). I'm also prescribed ativan which is a benzodiazepene like xanax is, it works when i need it but you should take benzos unless you really need them
>>
>>35918281
mean't to say you shouldn't take benzos unless you really need them
>>
File: 1463965520926.jpg (45KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1463965520926.jpg
45KB, 550x397px
>>35916547
Oh fuck me I've been on that shit for over a year and have been wondering why I can't get rid of these fucking man tits.
>>
>>35917851
I've been texting him and he says he feels better, just a little queesy. He says his breathing is normal. I told him to sleep in a position with good airflow and to where he doesn't choke on his vomit. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.