[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are robots here who don't remember this year

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: 2001.jpg (231KB, 920x779px) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
231KB, 920x779px
>there are robots here who don't remember this year
>>
>>35915640

DOESN'T ANYONE REMEMBER 9/11!? WHAT ARE YOU ALL A BUNCH OF QUEERS OR SOMETHING?
>>
File: 1479622319929.png (354KB, 624x505px) Image search: [Google]
1479622319929.png
354KB, 624x505px
>tfw I was 5 at the time

Good times
>>
>>35915640
>Implying they are robots.
>Implying they where alive that year.
>>
>>35915653
Some were probably like 2 years old then. They missed out. GTA 3 was also released.
>>
>>35915688

I was 14. GTA 3 was the best game that year.
>>
If you remember 2001 it's time for you to leave.

go get a job, you're too old to be here.
>>
>>35915711
I got it for my 11th birthday that year. Still a great game.
>>
>>35915640
>>35915653

Yeah they were too young to even have a stream of consciousness and that they still have today. They were still shitting in diapers and learning to recognize sounds and shapes.

case in point: >>35915683
>>35915688

Personally I was 16, but not a Trumpistan so 9/11 was pretty much just regular TV was cancelled for a few days.

Our one American teacher was shitting bricks though. Then all the Jewish kids started bullying the Indians and Sikhs at our school.
>>
>>35915711

I was 11, my friend at school said I have to play this new game that lets you kill people and steal cars. My mom took me to block buster that friday and I was able to rent it. Great fucking times.
>>
>>35915688
>>35915711

GTA 3 was what brought normies to video games though. Every wigger with a Tupac shirt and Scarface poster in their bedroom now suddenly owned a XBox while a couple of years before that they were making fun of me for trading & battling pokemon at school with autistic asian kids.
>>
File: slob.png (190KB, 364x259px) Image search: [Google]
slob.png
190KB, 364x259px
i got pissed off because my cartoons were cut off for that shit. 5pm and i wanted to watch my shows.
>>
File: prickjr.png (36KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
prickjr.png
36KB, 1328x747px
I was trolling mp3.com with shitty-on-purpose songs that I churned out on my 4-track.

Most of them were recycled fake Nirvana songs that I used to troll napster.

When 9/11 happened my then-fiancee (now ex-wife who upgraded to a Chad) called me and this is how she described it:

"Um, turn on the TV! The news are on the channel! There's a building on fire and people are trapped in the floors above it."

Turned it on just in time to see second plane. Got all excited and waited for shit to go down, only to get numbed and depressed as the day went on.
>>
>>35915640
>tfw 2001
>riding on a plane to florida watching spy kids and listening to aerosmith
>ears poppin
>that hurts
>im never doing that again!
>2 months later
>nine elebens
>never board a plane since

i won that deal
>>
>>35915780
>cartoons
>5pm

Are you a Canadianbot?

Back then the syndicated Simpsons reruns would air at 5 on CBC, followed by some other show, for a while it was Fresh prince.
>>
>>35915747
Brit here. Came home from first day of secondary school and remember seeing bbc news taking over the main channel with this event. My parents were still at work so I was just sitting there so engaged with what was happening. Never really had anything like it since.
>>
>>35915780
Ausfags will remember Cheez TV was cancelled for some fucking Amerifat shenanigans. I still haven't forgiven you, America.
>>
>>35915826
I actually popped a VHS into my TV and started recoding like WOW I'LL SHOW THIS TO MY GRANDKIDS

Joke's on me because I can find footage of that shit online everywhere and I'm never having kids :')
>>
>>35915780
Lucky now they show cartoons on a dedicated channel because of digital television superseding analog. Kids have it so easy now with broadband internet too.
>>
>>35915820
Not him but simpsons and fresh prince would always come on at 6 pm here in the uk. It was the best part of the day.
>>
>>35915780
Actually now that I think about it the biggest tragedy for me was that a bunch of music CDs were due to be released that day since it was a Tuesday and then not only did the releases get postponed but a bunch of them had to change their album artwork and some of them ended up scrapping their album together.

I'm looking at you, Powerman 5000, Anyone for Doomsday? would have been better than almost all the other shit you released since then.
>>
>tfw there will never be a major thing like 9/11 in your lifetime again
>>
File: prickjr.png (54KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
prickjr.png
54KB, 1328x747px
>>35915919
Only if you let it remain that way.
>>
>>35915711

Me too! I never finished GTA3. Played a lot of FFX though
>>
>>35915640
It was a fucking great year. The best year of my life.
>>
>>35915919
The technological singularity is only 28 years away.
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>35915910
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_in_music#September

>Gerard Way witnesses the attacks and is inspired to start a band, which later becomes My Chemical Romance.
>>
>>35915820
Street cents and Jonovision from 4-5pm then Simpsons and Fresh Prince.

Fuck, what a time to be alive.
>>
>>35915640
>got to leave school early
>got into a fuck ton of trouble for saying cool, while watching the planes go into the towers
>ended up getting my Hercules game taken away because it "encouraged violence"
>>
>>35915919
I actually kind of wish I was old enough to fully understand 9/11 at the time. Terrorist happenings these days are forgotten about in a few weeks.
>>
I was playing D2:LOD doing Glacial Trail runs when the planes hit the Twin Towers
>>
>>35915995
Fuck yeah my fellow leaf.

When I was much younger too I remember that Degrassi would play at 3 and 3:30.

I don't mean Drake Degrassi, I mean old school Degrassi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4u6jGZ0-TM
>>
>>35916007
They are usually forgotten about because they only cause a small inconvenience. 9/11 brought down skyscrapers and rekt the DoD. Now it's just stabbings, shootings and driving over people.
>>
>>35915985
2000-2002 were great. I didn't have any friends, but the internet was so great back then, I was finishing school, happy and comfy as fuck home life, knowing that I would never think of high school nonsense and drama again, what with all the success and happiness id be consumed with in post high school life.
Obviously I ended up working in a call center with no friends, the internet is ruined, and the other things that made me happy I've grown numb to. Most importantly, I have nothing to look forward to. But none of this was yet true during those years. Best years of my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>35915653
>kids born after 9/11 have had sex before you

Original
>>
>>35916007
Well the difference is because of the scale. This wasn't some retards with a rented truck like what happens in France. This hit multiple targets across the country and killed thousands of burgers. It was the first big terrorist attack in America because the unamemer doesn't count.

It's like with Columbine. There's a school shooting every other week in America these days, and a lot of them are much more fatal. But Columbine gets to be remembered because it was the first one at the turn of the century and new media.
>>
>>35916007
>Terrorist happenings these days are forgotten about in a few weeks.
terrorist blow things up
but
Jet fuel doesnt melt steel beams.

one thing is normal, the other is out of the ordinary when it happens
>>
>>35916136

That was the best time for the internet. It was before this web 2.0 bullshit became popular so normies haven't infiltrated the internet.
>>
>>35916209
>>35916136

>not having the internet at home
>having to go at a friends' house who had the internet but we could only use it for a few minutes because his parents either needed the phone or were expecting a phone call

>finally get the internet at home
>get into kazaa torrents
>it takes 4 straight hours to download a single mp3
>it's not at all what it was labelled as

Thank you, but no. I love the internet of the future. I can find the most obscure albums of anything and download them in a few seconds - and I can even pay for it if I want to!
>>
>>35916269
>it takes 4 straight hours to download a single mp3
gotta fucking love it.
not to mention all the viruses that shit had
>>
I was three when this happened and yet I still understand the importance of 9/11 better than you faggots.

The most important/biggest stock exchange in the fucking world was decimated. They had to start over.

The media had advanced dramatically since the last major incidence of destruction in history.

Imagine the burning of the library of Alexandria being broadcasted around the earth. People could see their families plummeting to their death in full color.

The heart of the most successful nation of the world was brutalized by a seemingly small group of men. The entirety of NYC was evacuated, at least Manhattan. People were scared, and nobody knew what the fuck was going on. The government headquarters were attacked. Nobody knew the enemy, but they knew a war was about to be waged, and everyone was scared shitless.

9/11 could have been the first day of the end of the world for all they knew.
>>
>>35916269

I remember downloading the HL1 demo and literally just sitting there watching it download for hours. Literally I would do nothing else but watch that bar go up. Weird how demos were so common back then when it took forever to download a 100MB file.
>>
>>35916320

>The most important/biggest stock exchange in the fucking world was decimated. They had to start over.

What??

> The entirety of NYC was evacuated, at least Manhattan.

lol WHAT???
>>
>>35916320
What really happened to all the records and data in those buildings? Did they have redundancy? Nowadays there are huge server farms far away from metropolitan areas so they could just easily restore services in a temporary location.
>>
>>35916318
I luckily never got any viruses, but once my idiot brother discovered the internet it wasn't long until our computer was bricked.

One thing that was especially annoying was how indie bands would label their mp3s as SUPER RARE SLIPKNOT SONG and every single parody song was labelled as Weird Al and every single punk or metal cover song was labelled as Me First and the Gimmes Gimmes.

Except for Rammstein - Barbie Girl which was definitely obviously not Rammstein.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 750x651px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 750x651px
>in the blink of an eye, people born after 9/11 won't even be underage
>in the blink of an eye, people born after October 1, 2003 won't even be underage
>>
It was my second to last year as a normie. I peaked in 2001/2002.
Then I tried and tried to kill myself, but some force must have saved me and I'm still there, a ghost watching over you kids, trying to give unpatronizing advice.
Like, read the best book written by mankind, The Empty Fortress, infantile autism and the birth of the self. This book gets so much hate it must be good, I tought.

I remember our german teacher in my fancy college made me discover Google in 2001, I remember her funny pronunciation.
Some girls wanted me.
I was living in Strasbourg, and the music for my prowess of getting into that school through 2 days tests was Smashing Pumpkins, Saturnine.

>>35915811
>>
>>35916320
I love the nuanced understanding of 9/11 by a three year old who later googled why mommy and daddy were so upset that day, and is now an expert

>>35916368
Yeah, NYSE was not in the world trade buildings nor was it rebuilt. It's been in the same spot for 225 years.

NYC wasn't evacuated either. I don't know what this other chucklefuck is going on about. 10/10 shitposting I think.
>>
>>35916341
I used to buy PC Gamer and EGM magazines with my lawn mowing money just because they came with demo discs because our parents were too autistic to buy us real video games.

I really miss demos & demo discs.
>>
>>35916419
>October 1, 2003
>blink of an eye
time certainly seems to speed up with age but that's well over 4 years away. I'm not old enough yet for that to QUITE seem like the blink of an eye.
But maybe you could say:
>in the blink of an eye, kids born after October 1, 2003 will be older than Moot was when he launched the site
>>
>>35916320
>The government headquarters were attacked.

>headquarters

what did you mean by this
>>
>>35916441
>was Smashing Pumpkins, Saturnine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZRe3bqkmw
(the sound is awful because it was the first album they decided to do without a producer, but the song is awesome)
>>
>>35916558
Pentagon. You could argue it's the white house but whatever. They were targeted, too.
>>
>>35916611
WE ARE INSIDE WE ARE INSIDE NOW
>>
>>35916485
those demos used to blot the computer, while disk space was limited
also it was frustrating
but Re-Volt demo was good.
>>
>>35916619
>You could argue it's the white house

No it actually is the White House, excluding the judicial and legislative branches.
>>
File: 02art_thumb.png (624KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
02art_thumb.png
624KB, 600x619px
>>35915640
I remember 9/11 but not much else

I was 4. I distinctly remember asking if the water was coming out of the buildings to put out the fires... in retrospect I guess I was looking at the dilapidated pipes spewing water everywhere
>>
>>35915640

Lol I was in the 4th grade, these newfags got to go man.

>I'm still disappointed that I wasn't able to keep on watching Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog while eating my Captain Crunch.
>>
>>35916709
how come nobody ever mentions all the bankers who died there? RIP, assholes.
>>
>>35916808
All those Bergs and Steins had wives and kids anon.
>>
>>35916862
Oh so if Jack the ripper has a wife and children he's a good person?
>>
I laughed when 9/11 happened and made a roleplay about it with my sister
I was 7
>>
I was 24 when 9/11 happened and still felt like a young man, hung out with 19 year olds. If I had "woken up" and realized I was still in high school, it would not have jolted me.
9/11 It feels like yesterday but holy shit 19 year olds look at me like a freak now. They'll go through what I did though; karma will bitch slap them hard.
>>
>>35916808
>Why does nobody remember the people responsible for every major market crash in all of human history
Because they're filthy kikes, even if they aren't actual kikes.
>>
>>35915640
I was loving Samurai Jack, and being a good boy. About 7-8 at the time.
>>
>>35917573
Government is run by more kikes now. Stupid alt right.
>>
>>35915640
nigger I can barely remember last year
>>
>>35917552
How have you not killed yourself? You're nearing 40.
>>
>>35917658
I am 40.
Idk 4chan and vidya have a way of placating those with nothing to live for. While I certainly haven't had the experiences TRUE robots have had, everything I loved about life has been taken away. I'm balding overweight lost dream job when the economy tanked in 08 and have become incredibly withdrawn from society. Not that I was the life of the party at age 24 but I was by no means even a cyborg. I was pretty social and happy. It was much better then. Not having meaningful social interaction will fuck you up. One way or another I lost touch with all my friends from my 20s, and it's impossible to make new ones who are my age cause they all are settled in and closed off to new friends, and the youngsters still open to new friends look at me like a freak.
>>
>>35918674
You need to get in work again. I'm 27 and have no real friends since leaving school. I'm also a virgin. Making friends is difficult when you have none.
>>
File: 1488599040432.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1488599040432.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>when you upgraded from n64 to gamecube and thought the graphics looked like real life
>that windows 2000 start sound from the first computer my parents bought
>hometown had a lot less buildings
>playing pokemon gold on brother's pikachu gameboy
>tfw opening fresh yugioh pack
>looking at lego magazine and imagining playing with the lego sets
>>
File: 1488966592051.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1488966592051.png
44KB, 657x527px
>>35918909
forgot to add
>listening to ace of bass in car with mummie
>watching the before school anime that started in the morning
>>
>>35918674
Also pay for hookers if you can. They'll fuck most guys and often prefer older men (maybe so they don't meet anyone they may know their own age).
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.