[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Welp, it finally happened. I woke up this morning with a tingling sensation in my thumb, forefinger, and the middle. When it didn't go away after a minute or two I started looking into it and concluded I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm already taking all the measures I can to stop it from getting worse but am worried I'll never really be able to play video games again.

I know I can't be the only robot dealing with this. What are the best methods you've found for relieving symptoms or preventing them from coming back/getting worse? What have you found to be the ideal setup and positioning for using a computer? Do ergonomic keyboards, mouses, and carpal tunnel gaming gloves really work?

And finally, how do you deal with knowing it will never truly go away? It hasn't even been a full day and I'm already terrified.
>>
>>35914626
If you're concerned you shouldn't be typing or using the computer at all you fucking spoon

Get of the computer entirely for at least 2 days

if it goes away, great. Start stretching your fingers, wrists and shit before, after and while you're on the computer (but not too much)
>>
>>35914626
Take a break from the computer for a few days at least like 4 or 5. Buy a splint for your wrist and use it when you sleep that helped my carpal tunnel a lot.
>>
Kill yourself OP, it's the only way.
>>
>>35914716
Oh and when l say get off the computer that includes all gaming devices. Just don't do anything but watch tv and jerk off
>>
use a wrist brace, they're cheap. google 'wrist stretches carpal tunnel' and do them.
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CarpalTunnelAwareness
join this group after you'll start using computer again. really helpful desu
>>
>>35914716
>>35914727
It's only in my right hand, which is elevated and in a splint plus I've been doing the recommended stretches all day. It takes forever navigating and typing with just my left hand.

Also I have a job answering phones at a pizza store and have to type customer info and credit card numbers all day. Should I just quit?
>>
>>35914626
Go to a doctor. This is the best solution. They'll determine the best course of treatment and the nature of the problem. Self-diagnosing is cancer.

Also CTS isn't the only thing that causes tingling sensation in your fingers/knuckles and having these symptoms doesn't automatically mean that you have a serious illness.

I had something similar for like a week, went to a doc, took some anti-inflammatory meds and it went away. Initially I was sure I had CTS aswell.

>>35914791
God bless.
>>
>>35914791
Thanks a ton, anon.

>>35914897
I usually am not one to self-diagnose but based on the specific digits it's impacting, my daily habits, and the "tap test" I'm pretty certain. Will go confirm with a doctor next week though.
>>
>>35914897
Literally no reason at all to go to the doctor. He does have carpal tunnel those are the fingers effected by carpal tunnel. The only other thing he could have is arthritis which can possibly cause his carpal tunnel. Only thing doctors will do for you is tell you to rest for a week and take ibuprofen or if it's bad prescribe a high dose of ibuprofen.
>>
>>35914777
Scary tripps.....dont do it op even if kek wills it
>>
>>35914954
Seriously no need to go to the doctor for this unless it's bad and you think you need surgery. I made the mistake of wasting money to go to the doctor for him to tell me to buy some ibuprofen and rest for a week.You should get ibuprofen and rest and also buy a split for your wrist and wear it at night every night.
>>
>>35914954
Godspeed, hope it's nothing serious.

As >>35914955 >>35915008 (even though I don't agree with him on doctors) suggested, you can try taking some ibuprofen or NSAIDs in general meanwhile to see if it goes away on its own.
>>
>>35914955
>>35915008
Main reason for a doctor would be so I can get off work, which is pretty much me typing with the affected hand all day. Everyone just made jokes about video games and masturbation when I told them today, didn't seem to take it seriously at all. The copay shouldn't be that much for a visit to basically get a note, right?
>>
Worked all day lifting and pulling shit enduring the pains of early arthritis at the age of 26. I can't live like this
>>
I stock shelves at night in a supermarket and have a lot of experience dealing with Carpal Tunnel. Firstly,invest in an anti-inflammatory like aspirin and take two before indulging in whatever hurts your hands. Secondly, vary your activities:its repetitive motions that make this happen,so doing anything else for a time will lessen the strain on the muscle groups being overworked. And lastly,use ice on your wrists and palms when you hurt and REST.
>>
>>35914626
If you pinch your elbow on your chair it could just be fake cubital tunnel and it will go away if you stop sitting in a way that pinches your elbow.
>>
I did that phalen's test thing and get tingling in my left hand. Could it be because i've tired it today(played rhythm games for like 4 hours and dota for as much) or have I got CTS? I haven't had any sort of pain(unless i get really tired like today) or symptoms so far but just got curious.
>>
>>35915274
Last step...Stop fucking working at retail.

My carpal tunnel instantly stopped the moment I was moved from sales associate to technician at microcenter.
>>
>>35914626
>I'll never really be able to play video games again
You say that like it's a bad thing. You should be happy.
>>
>>35915831
You could be developing it. I realize now that there were plenty of signs beforehand but only hit me today when my hand felt like I'd slept on it wrong for hours straight did it hit me. Also make sure to only tap very lightly if self-administering the test, anybody can get a small tingle from a solid hit there. For me even the lightest tap in the right spot feels like I just slammed my funny bone on the corner of a table.

>>35915942
>You say that like it's a bad thing
Games keep me away from drugs and doing stupid illegal shit. Also the one I was just starting was helping me rediscover my love of studying history. So yes, it is a bad thing for me.
>>
>>35916369
Doing the tap test i dont get any tingling, I feel like i get a weird loss of strength thing though.
>>
>>35916436
Weird, loss of strength I understand as a long-term effect of it but I'm not sure if it can develop to that point without being accompanied by the physical sensations associated with the earlier stages. I did read a lot about both loss of strength in one's pinch and a difficulty touching other fingers to the thumb.
>>
>>35916570
Something as if my hand is sluggish, that sort of thing. Like you get after you just woke up, when you feel you're slow and clumsy.
>>
>>35916630
Although it's odd that doesn't sound like CTS. If it were I think you would have more of a pins-and-needles reaction, specifically in the 3 larger digits with a minor sensation in the ring finger. For me part of what confirmed the CTS was the noticeable lack of abnormality in my pink and the portion of my hand below it,
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.