[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here a robot because of a parent? All my life my

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3624.jpg (69KB, 750x808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3624.jpg
69KB, 750x808px
Anyone else here a robot because of a parent? All my life my moms been the 'you can only go as far as I can see you' type. Because of this hanging out with friends and doing anything social has always been a chore just to get permission to do so. I'm 18 and still whenever I'm not at home I'll get a passive aggressive "where are you" text and if I don't respond I'll get an angry "hello???" and it's absolutely infuriating. I'm not even alowed to be out past 10 making hanging out with friends extremely hard, and when I do I always have to leave early. It makes me so angry.

>at uni
>invited to go bowling with study group tomorrow night
>there's some deal if we go as a group past 10pm
>tell them there's no way I'd be able to hang out that late
>they are visibly confused as to why a legal adult can't be out past 10pm
>"oh I just have work early the next morning haha"
>"ok anon maybe another time"
>"s-sure"
10 seconds later receive pic related
Phone posting cause she's hording PC
Kill me
>>
Tell her to stop being insane, take life into your own hands. You're letting her destroy your social growth. That is illegal by the way.
>>
Lol 18.

You still have time, kid.

You gotta stand your ground. It'll pay off in the long run even if she shits on you for the short term.

Try push as much freedom as you can, right before the limit of them kicking you out.
>>
>>35913912
This is pretty much a "my house my rules" kinda deal. Car is under parents name so legally I can't just take it without permission. Confrontation terrifies me.
>>
>>35913601
Your mom just wants to know what you're doing you ungrateful fuck

My mom is the same way and we have developed a genius system that is admittedly super hard and abstract to grasp

It goes a little like this:

>when will u be home?
>leaving now, just studies with friends for a bit, SHOULD BE HOME AROUND MIDNIGHT, I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED
>thanks, have fun!

so glad I don't have autism like you lmao
>>
>>35913601
She's just having trouble accepting the fact that you are your own person now, talk to her about how you would like to have more freedom. Also have you done anything in the past that would make her distrust you?
>>
Sit down and talk to her.
Be firm, but not angry.
LET HER KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
You most likely have never really let her know how you're feeling about this, so your best bet is a conversation sat down with her letting her know you're a fucking adult and that you have to make the most of the social opportunities when you've got them and before you're completely mentally scarred by her suffocation.

It sounds like you're an only child and you're being suffocated.
It WILL drive you insane and fuck you up.
>>
>>35914067
>thanks, have fun!
i actually cant imagine in my head her voice saying that. what really bothers me isnt the her wanting to know where i am, its my lack of independence. I just want to be my own person and have fun without having to report in every hour. im not a kid
>youre 18 yes you are xddddd
>>
>>35914078
ive never had the opportunity to do anything to make her distrust me. i.e. not able to go to parties because what party starts anytime before AT LEAST 9pm
>>
>>35914126
actually im not an only child. 2 little sisters, one is 13 but she has a big learning disability so shes mentally like 8-9 so my mom doesnt really have to suffocate her. my other sister is 8. 8 year old tried to go outside and play in the snow last week in the front yard and mom yelled at her for not telling her, i was going to watch her anyway. pissed me off cause i want her to grow up with the right social opportunities
>>
>>35913601
Tell her you're an adult now and you're not going to listen to her BS anymore, and she can kick you out if she wants (she won't because she's obviously emotionally dependent on you) which at that point she'll know who the real boss is and stop fucking annoying you.

My mom was exactly like this before I turned 18, then reality hit her in the face.
>>
>>35913601
thanks for making me realize why i have zero social skills. I never put two and two together. My mom was always the same way.
>>
>>35914312
funny you say that shes emotionally dependent on me, i think she suffers from some sort of depression or bipolar disorder. i love her dont get me wrong, and im glad she worries but i dont want it to affect my social life anymore than it has. im almost sure that i couldve been decently popular in HS, i had all the right friends, but parties and hangouts were nonexistant
>>
>>35914162
Being 18 years old means you're at that point where you think your autonomy > the mental well being of people that care about you

Is it really too much of a compromise to just let your mom know what's up and alleviating a bit of her anxiety instead of playing the aloof "i'm fukin 18 now mom sheesh get off my back" card?
>>
>>35913971
I never dealt with this but maybe do this. My dad was kind of like this but he wasn't around during the important years. Anyway I understand in a way. Like say your parents don't allow you to have a smart phone and your friends add you to a group text that doesn't work on your phone. So you miss out on jokes, things that happened, plans to meet up.

Or

Maybe talk to her and say it's ruining your life. Say you told them why you couldn't bowl, the work thing, and say now they're not talking to you and your sad. Say you don't mind reporting in every now and then but it's too strict and going to ruin you just having friends.
>>
>>35914380
Around HS my mom wised up and gave me reasonable limitations, but before that it was pretty shit. I'd also attribute my situation socially to her in many ways, but I'm pretty social and do have friends.

It just obviously would have been better if I was left to my own devices.

Really dude, just lay down the law, because the law is on your side and I can almost see how attached your mom is to you. You could get away with doing crack as long as you tell her you love her. Not literally, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
>>
>>35913601
Yeah I had the exact same upbringing

By the time I hit uni, I really started rebelling hard; stayed out as late as I wanted, slept over at friends houses, etc. I'm sure I made my mom cry a few times when I refused to respond to her. Granted, she had a few siblings that turned to drugs/dropped outof school because her parents didn't give a shit and let them do whatever they wanted, so I guess she wanted to mitigate that by being overprotective.

I'm 25 now, my mom has stopped giving a shit for the past 4 years now. Between 18 and 21 was hell though. But I'mglad I did it because I was the most socially retarded person I knew when I was 17/18. Rebelling made me learn how to socialize better because I gave myself more worldly exposure.

My advice is to start rebelling. Nothing extreme, just start staying out late without responding to your mom. If she starts taking away freedoms, rebel harder; don't tell her where you go, sleepover at friend's houses, etc. You need to fight and show her that you're not her sweet little summer child anymore and you're a grown man that can take care of himself.
>>
>>35914067
>thanks, have fun!

Must be nice to have parents that give you freedom

>"Should be home around midnight"
>*incoming call: mom*
>Get home right now or I'm *punishing you in some way*
>>
>>35914724
that sounds horrifying desu, i feel like she would call the police instantly. thanks for advice though
>>35914809
someone gets it, literally all of my friends are ignorant to my situation and laugh that i can never go out. glad to know im not alone
>>
My parents purposefully raised me to be as isolated and misanthropic as possible. They're both anti-social and would tell me all the time about how cruel the world was. I grew up with extreme social anxiety and ended up incredibly introverted as a result.

For the majority of my teenage years I would sit in my room and get drunk or high every day after school. I'd steal alcohol from my dad and spend my lunch money on weed and acid. It was probably the worst, most unproductive way to spend those precious years and I regret it to this day.
>>
sorry to hear that, theres always a worse story to be told on r9k and i am grateful for what i have. my mother was raised the way shes raising me but she would always complain about how she was raised so i dont get it.
>>
>>35913601
Where I live there are fat women always snapping at their young male children to get inside. Is this what ya mean? I think those fatties should be deaded.
>>
>>35914019
Was in a similar situation. I just stopped going out I guess. I would sneak the car out some times but only when it's past 11ish. The stopped caring now but I don't take the car because they know if I'm going out it was to get drunk or high. I'm just gonna try and move out soon.
>>
>>35913601
Is your name Norman by chance?
And is your mums name Norma?
>>
>>35914724
I would say do this if being forward with your intentions doesn't work.

What i mean by that is just state what you're doing

>im going out, ill be back at 1-2am

Don't ask permission. Of course its a little different if you're using their car, so try getting picked up by a friend or something.
>>
>>35913601
Just send the "Fuck off, I'm with frineds" text once and you'll be fine. Honestly, she just needs to leave you alone.
>>
>>35915088
i dream about the day i have my own place, as it stands im employed but EVERYTHING I OWN (bank account, car, phone plan, will to live) is co signed by my parents so i have no clue how to own anything on my own
>>35915104
cyborg actually, like i said >>35914312 but my social experience is very limited
>>
>>35915196
oops i meant >>35914475
>newfag
ya got me
>>
>>35915196
HOLY SHIT I DID IT AGAIN
>NEW FUCKING FAG REEEEEEEEEE
IM TRYING TO SHOW THAT I SAID I COULD HAVE BEEN DECENTLY POPULAR BUT MUH SOCIAL ANXIETY
HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS ON A PHONE
>>
OP, I read enough to know your mom is exactly, I mean exactly like mine.

It didn't take me the courage to tell her to fuck off and let me do my own thing until 26.

But for me, the damage is already done beyond repair. I'll be a fucking loser because this is just who I am now.

You still have time to change. I wish I took a stance when I was 18, but the emotional blackmail and guilt was something I couldn't handle.

Live your life as you see fit.
Either that, or you will grow old to become bitter and hate yourself and your mom.

Wish you the best of luck man.
>>
Yo OP. Real talk. Open up a second checking account without her knowledge. If it's at the same bank you can draft funds over if shit goes south. Get a job, pack your shit, and move out suddenly. They cant stop you.
>>
>>35914300

Way to reply without even acknowledging the advice. Talk to her, anon. Be assertive.
>>
>>35913601
I think they are a big factor but in the end I'm the most guilty.

They never talked to me about sex, they almost never send to to parties with other kids. My dad hates my mom's family and my mom hates my dad family so I never even got a relationship with my cousins, because I never saw them and because they made me feel bad if I talked to them. They made me super dependant to them. Made all for me (food, dressing me until I was like 8-9, bought me tons of toys and videogames).

But no one teach you to be a parent right? :^)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.